Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Rampage looks so goddamn bad

edit: that was legitimately depressing to watch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

Godwalker of The Grateful Prisoner

Throwing strikes is legal rampage

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

lol

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Pretty embarrassing showing by Rampage

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Rampage's punches looked like he was reaching out for a hug

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.
lol gd rampage is so fat

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Yup

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse
TIMBERRRRRR

Edit: You either die a hero, or live long enough to be a trashweight

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

I'm legit mad I never thought of this.

Also, LOL, this looked fixed.

e: Pride lives

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

like, Rampage hasn't exactly looked good for some years now, but he looked gassed like forty-five seconds into that fight

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

welp. that was quicker than expected

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Fedor vs Kongo make it happen

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse
lol at Rampage shaking his one hand that he's ok as his other arm is trapped under his body that he collapsed onto

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Going out a winner of a fixed fight, the Pridest way to do so

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Uhhh the translator hosed up I think

Fedor said

My career is nearing it's end so this is probably my last fight in Japan and I appreciate ya'll

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Rampage showing up insanely fat and maybe pulling off a Bob Sapp grift, gotta respect that

hrollins
May 20, 2003
Radio Friendly Unit Shifter

kensei posted:

I'm legit mad I never thought of this.

Also, LOL, this looked fixed.

e: Pride lives

Auto correct added the space, meant hampage obv.

Holy poo poo rampage crashing fedor’s celebration showed more movement than he had the entire “fight”

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Brut posted:

Uhhh the translator hosed up I think

Fedor said

My career is nearing it's end so this is probably my last fight in Japan and I appreciate ya'll

https://twitter.com/MMAjunkieJohn/status/1211180324836634624

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
Watched that with my nearly 60 year old father.

He said, “I feel like a fat dad just beat up the fatter dad.”

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
I've been a MMA fan long enough that I shouldn't be surprised that a MMA company is lovely, but still, it sucks to read about.

https://twitter.com/Karaev_Fan/status/1211119063910367235

https://twitter.com/Karaev_Fan/status/1211120049932533760

https://twitter.com/Karaev_Fan/status/1211120264810913793

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Yeah, that loving sucks, but it loving sucks in the way every JMMA organization has been, it's just for the vast majority of that timeline it was almost solely focused on making Sakuraba fight while his body parts were falling off and for once they have a new cash cow to ruin.

People who run the fight business are bad.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

did they already run off Krazy Horse? because that dude was the star imo

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

coconono posted:

did they already run off Krazy Horse? because that dude was the star imo

i assume his legal status is always in question as new charges get added

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

LobsterMobster posted:

i assume his legal status is always in question as new charges get added

was just checking on what he was up to lately and ran into this gem in his stats:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Bennett_(fighter)#Mixed_martial_arts_record
Loss 30–38–2 Bruce Lutchmedial Decision (unanimous) CamSoda Legends April 26, 2018 3 5:00 Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States Featherweight bout; won Live Fan Vote $1000 Bonus (5,362-70).

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Crazy Horse lost a bareknuckle fight on the undercard of Lobov-Knight II iirc

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

RIZIN time, motherfuxers

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Everyone who posts in this forum who does not post for this event should be banned

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Depression SZN is an odd choice for the opening video package, but ok

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

LobsterMobster posted:

Depression SZN is an odd choice for the opening video package, but ok

accurate representation of the state of JMMA, though

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

CarlCX posted:

Everyone who posts in this forum who does not post for this event should be banned

we stan cb dolloway

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

So what's starting now is the prelims of a 14 fight card right? And the entire thing is PPV?

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Brut posted:

So what's starting now is the prelims of a 14 fight card right? And the entire thing is PPV?

15 fight card, in fact

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

CarlCX posted:

15 fight card, in fact

from https://www.fite.tv/watch/rizin-20/2p522/

What's missing?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Winner of the Case/Musfaev and Pitbull/Gustavo fights meeting up in the tournament finals around the 9 or 10 spot

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

LobsterMobster posted:

Winner of the Case/Musfaev and Pitbull/Gustavo fights meeting up in the tournament finals around the 9 or 10 spot

Oh poo poo, gently caress yeah.

lmao they flashed some picture of this dude standing by Khabib

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Wait so has the fight listed as #14 (which I guess means first one) on that list already happened?

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Brut posted:

Wait so has the fight listed as #14 (which I guess means first one) on that list already happened?

Nah, fite's official thing is just weirdly out of order.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Brut posted:

Nah, that list is incorrect, based on the order of when everyone was brought out for the full card intro by Lenne Hardt. It's the two tourney semi-finals first up

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

CarlCX posted:

Nah, fite's official thing is just weirdly out of order.

Cool, thanks, figured it would be weird to have a fight before the big opening ceremony but who knows.

Waiting for Chibi Dollaway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Here's the correct bout order

https://twitter.com/marc_raimondi/status/1211890853301481475