Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

R0ckfish
Nov 18, 2013
More gribblies!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

R0ckfish posted:

More gribblies!

Those are exceptionally good gribblies!

The swarms are especially adorable 10/10

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

I played a game with this guy today, he's a ton of fun. I'm so close to done painting him, just got to finish the gun arms, the feet, the rim of the base, and get transfers.

Deployment + the rest of the army:

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

Kitchner posted:

I ordered a venerable dreadnought to supplement my Grey Knight army as I put a bunch in my list with Lascannons and Missile Launchers only to realise there's no missile launcher in the venerable dreadnought kit, only in the dreadnought kit.

Sigh.

I then looked on several bits sellers and literally none of them have the missile launcher in stock, because presumably of this very reason, meaning I'm going to have to buy another dreadnought at some point.

I have several of these, PM me an address and I can send you like 3.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
If I wanted to make 10 company veterans with storm bolters and storm shields, what models to I need? It doesn’t seem immediately clear

R0ckfish
Nov 18, 2013

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Those are exceptionally good gribblies!

The swarms are especially adorable 10/10

Thanks! I gotta say that Nids have some of the most aesthetic troops, in my opinion

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Good Citizen posted:

If I wanted to make 10 company veterans with storm bolters and storm shields, what models to I need? It doesn’t seem immediately clear

You need to spend time on ebay. A vanguard veteran box has 5 storm shields, and a sternguard box has 2 storm bolters. I don't think there's a better source for power armor storm bolters. Various custom ones on shapeways too.

BuffaloChicken
May 18, 2008

R0ckfish posted:

More gribblies!

These look fantastic - darker tan looks so much better than the studio white!

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

After sitting on the shelf for a year, I spent most of my time off the past week finishing this cute little fella

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

JUST CAN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HOW MUCH I HATE GAMES WORKSHOP!
A masterpiece.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

OhDearGodNo posted:

After sitting on the shelf for a year, I spent most of my time off the past week finishing this cute little fella

Super cool.

Reminds me I bought a ton of AoS bitz last year to build a ship for my freebooterz but never did it.

I'm finally finishing painting them though, so maybe I'll assemble my battleship next...

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
Pretty much done with my grav captain. Now I just need to base and seal him.

It was my first time painting a power sword. Not as nice as I would have liked, but it'll do for my first go, I think.

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.

JackMann posted:

Pretty much done with my grav captain. Now I just need to base and seal him.

It was my first time painting a power sword. Not as nice as I would have liked, but it'll do for my first go, I think.

FIRST TIME!? WHAT. That’s a really silky great power sword and was my literal first standout thing to compliment. The cloak is also buttery and fantastic as well.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

ANAmal.net posted:

I have several of these, PM me an address and I can send you like 3.

Sweet, you're a legend. I'll give you the cash for posting or if you want any Astra Militarum bits I have loads of those so might be able to exchange.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

dexefiend posted:

You can always just not buy it.

lol, good one, Dex

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!

TheBigAristotle posted:

lol, good one, Dex

Hahaha. I am glad you picked up on my comment.

Buying is the hobby.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
Here are my final projects for 2019. First up are the second-hand bugs I picked up very cheaply a while ago but have been sitting unassembled for months. PA3 was a great reason to build both units, as well as trying out Contrast paints on Tyranids for the first time.

With no more bugs left to paint but still wanting to play around with Contrast some more, I remembered that during the big Apocalypse game in the summer I didn't have enough magnetised arms to cover a lot of my big creatures. That resulted in nearly a dozen armless Carnifexes stomping around. Raiding the bits box produced ten new pairs of weapons...

The top set were painted gradually over the last 10 years using regular layer paints & shades. The bottom set were done in around an hour (excluding drying time) using 3 Contrast colours.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord
Some good Nids on this page. :cthulhu:

I really need to get around to rehabbing the Carnifices I have in my drawer so I can play around with proper Nidzilla. I suppose I mostly do now but the Flyers just don’t have the staying power of T7 3+ with -1 to hit in shooting.

Why don’t you allow Toxicrenes to take Spore Cysts, GW!? :argh:

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
Finally looking through Psychic Awakening 3, and...

why is it still impossible to make chapter masters for Blood Angels Successors? You can take Seth if you play Flesh Tearers, and Dante if you play the original chapter, but there's still no equivalent of the vanilla marine stratagem to upgrade a captain to chapter master.

i just want my dumb little homebrew chapter to be allowed to function like any vanilla astartes successor

e: and drat, the relics list took a hard downgrade. The BA relic jump pack used to give reroll charges and ignore overwatch, now it's...+1 to charges, and charge on a turn the model fell back? hammer of baal's gone completely? yeesh

1994 Toyota Celica fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Dec 29, 2019

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

1994 Toyota Celica posted:

why is it still impossible to make chapter masters for Blood Angels Successors? You can take Seth if you play Flesh Tearers, and Dante if you play the original chapter, but there's still no equivalent of the vanilla marine stratagem to upgrade a captain to chapter master.

i just want my dumb little homebrew chapter to be allowed to function like any vanilla astartes successor

e: and drat, the relics list took a hard downgrade. The BA relic jump pack used to give reroll charges and ignore overwatch, now it's...+1 to charges, and charge on a turn the model fell back? hammer of baal's gone completely? yeesh

They don't replace the old relics, you get those in addition to the new ones

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
Well there's that at least

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Weird question, but do Adapetus Mechanicus have to have their backpacks attached for gameplay reasons, or can you leave those off your figures if you don't like them for whatever reason?

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

It is also extremely easy and common to just say a model you created uses Dante’s rules. There’s really no reason not to just use the BA rules for a successor that is not Flesh Tearers if you want to run one.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

I said come in! posted:

Weird question, but do Adapetus Mechanicus have to have their backpacks attached for gameplay reasons, or can you leave those off your figures if you don't like them for whatever reason?

Honestly I was just thinking about asking how people would feel about marines without backpacks.

Its non canon, but I can't imagine it making any rules difference. Won't affect LOS...

Maybe if you went to a GW official tournament someone could call you out? But you'd still be using GW plastic so I doubt it?

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pendent posted:

It is also extremely easy and common to just say a model you created uses Dante’s rules. There’s really no reason not to just use the BA rules for a successor that is not Flesh Tearers if you want to run one.

The point is that I don't want to use Dante, I want to be able to play a fully fleshed-out, original BA successor the way Vanilla marine players can play fully fleshed out successors. I don't understand why the option isn't included when other elements of that option, like the special-issue wargear rules, were. all it would've taken was copy-pasting the SM strat.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

The point is that I don't want to use Dante, I want to be able to play a fully fleshed-out, original BA successor the way Vanilla marine players can play fully fleshed out successors. I don't understand why the option isn't included when other elements of that option, like the special-issue wargear rules, were. all it would've taken was copy-pasting the SM strat.

Do any of the other non-codex marines have a chapter master strat for successors? I can't check right now but I don't think so? It's lovely and bad though, yeah

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

I said come in! posted:

Go for it, the data tether and omnispex are hand held items, the backpacks don't represent anything with a points value.

Why you'd want to do that though? They look rad.

But who am I to judge, I put hoods on all my vanguards because I like the look of them better.

Lizard Combatant fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Dec 29, 2019

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Which existing strat would you like to lose?

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Booley posted:

Which existing strat would you like to lose?

Hunter-Slayer Missile, easy

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

I said come in! posted:

This is tech heresy. Enjoye life as a dung servitor.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Are Havocs seeing action in competitive chaos marine lists?

I ask because everyone loves the Gatling cannon fella when they were first previewed.

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

JUST CAN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HOW MUCH I HATE GAMES WORKSHOP!
I don't pay much attention beyond casual looks at tournament lists but i have not seen havocs much less the chain gunners. They are really good at infantry killing where chaos already does that well.

I have used them in a few games an they will really hold a point to back lines deep strike infantry.

Edit: fat finger typo edit

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

What does one do if they want to turn a squad of csms into chaos chosen with combibolters? Is non-GW the only cost-efficient method?

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Are Havocs seeing action in competitive chaos marine lists?

I ask because everyone loves the Gatling cannon fella when they were first previewed.

Sadly, no. The Reaper Chaincannons are too short-ranged and aren't good enough at killing primaris marines and vehicles, and Lascannons are too high variance to really get there. The optimal play is probably 4x autocannons, but you're generally going to be better off taking obliterators instead.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Quick note to the goonhammer guys: love all the content and I check every day hoping today is the day an Orks start competing article goes up

Boing
Jul 12, 2005

trapped in custom title factory, send help

Good Citizen posted:

Quick note to the goonhammer guys: love all the content and I check every day hoping today is the day an Orks start competing article goes up

Uh do you mean this one? https://www.goonhammer.com/start-competing-orks-tactics/

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Good Citizen posted:

it went up two weeks ago

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

On the plus side, we just made that guy's day!

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

TheChirurgeon posted:

Sadly, no. The Reaper Chaincannons are too short-ranged and aren't good enough at killing primaris marines and vehicles, and Lascannons are too high variance to really get there. The optimal play is probably 4x autocannons, but you're generally going to be better off taking obliterators instead.

I'm a fan of Iron Warriors Missile Launcher Havocs for that Faith and Fury strat to reroll either damage or number of shots. That seems insanely flexible against just about any matchup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

TheChirurgeon posted:

it went up two weeks ago

Orcember.