Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

h u r r y... gently caress

h u r r a y... gently caress

h u r r a y y... gently caress

h u r r a y y y... gently caress oh come ON

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you
Wonder how much the girls are paid. Could fake a falsetto voice if it meant I’m paid to game.

Sanguinary Novel
Jan 27, 2009
Say this is actually real and not a service designed to steal idiots credit cards, these ladies would have to be perfectly skilled. You'd have to pretend to be just skilled enough, but not any better than the guy. Unless they like being humiliated

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Shame Boy posted:

"Are you sure it's pizza?" :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLHRjaUBb3o

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
stepping on balls but instead mocking your kd/score and calling you slurs

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Kitfox88 posted:

stepping on balls but instead mocking your kd/score and calling you slurs

I have to imagine there's some sort of in-game emote that will also step on your character's balls if you pay enough.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Walked into shaving shop, saw a 18k gold plated nose hair trimmer.

For 999 dollars aud.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Anidav posted:

Walked into shaving shop, saw a 18k gold plated nose hair trimmer.

For 999 dollars aud.

it’s spelled ‘carat’ abbreviates ‘ct’ I’ll take my blunt axe to the neck now

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Sanguinary Novel posted:

. Unless they like being humiliated

That costs extra

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

or just become your own hot gamer girl like real gaymers do

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

You use karat with gold

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
i thought it was spelled kakarot

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Every man that’s ever bought a diamond engagement ring has to turn into gemologist cause if you’re gonna be spending a stupid amount of money for a shiny rock you want to learn enough to not get completely swindled.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I tried looking for this and couldn’t find it???

I did find this article though, which is apparently pretty positive on it: https://kotaku.com/i-paid-women-to-play-overwatch-with-me-and-it-was-fant-1795144088

Taintrunner has issued a correction as of 14:11 on Dec 29, 2019

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

The Nastier Nate posted:

Every man that’s ever bought a diamond engagement ring has to turn into gemologist cause if you’re gonna be spending a stupid amount of money for a shiny rock you want to learn enough to not get completely swindled.

Don't buy diamonds hth

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

if you bought a diamond you already got completely swindled

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

500excf type r posted:

You use karat with gold

trap sprung (I didn’t know this)

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

The Nastier Nate posted:

Just watch a whole bunch of Steven Universe and it will teach you more than you ever needed to know about rocks, and love, and anime

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

Andrast posted:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Andrast posted:

My friend proposed to his highschool sweetheart right after we graduated because she said get a ring or we're done. He listened to the sales person when the guy said "three months salary on a ring is traditional" and spent something insane like $3,500 on the ring. She said no and dumped him, and then we mocked him for listening to the guy who works on commission

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
If anyone ever says get a ring or we’re done, that’s the cue to be done

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Len posted:

she said get a ring or we're done.

instant :sever: situation

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I know someone who did that and the guy, who was an unambitious loser, said "gently caress it" and left.

She found someone shortly after and they were quickly married because he appeared to be a catch, but it turns out that he's basically another loser who is just better with people.

They are fantastically miserable.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Andrast posted:

Obviously, but at least I can sell my shiny rock for most of my money back in a pinch if I needed too.

It’s also insured under a personal artifact policy because my wife is notorious for losing things so insurance fraud is also an option.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Professor Shark posted:

I know someone who did that and the guy, who was an unambitious loser, said "gently caress it" and left.

She found someone shortly after and they were quickly married because he appeared to be a catch, but it turns out that he's basically another loser who is just better with people.

They are fantastically miserable.

Permanent marriage should be discarded and replaced with renewable two-year domestic partnership contracts.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
i’m also incapable of being in relationships

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

mycomancy posted:

Permanent marriage should be discarded and replaced with renewable two-year domestic partnership contracts.

I'm reminded of Subnautica where corporate lit encourages treating relationships as contractual and then you get the relationship version of a zero hour contract

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

The Nastier Nate posted:

Obviously, but at least I can sell my shiny rock for most of my money back in a pinch if I needed too.

Hahahahaha

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

The Nastier Nate posted:

yeah so let us know how that goes

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

The Nastier Nate posted:

It’s also insured under a personal artifact policy because my wife is notorious for losing things so insurance fraud is also an option.

lol remember the beginning of Casablanca when the rich are desperately hawking the jewels they smuggled out of France only to discover they're "worth" next to nothing?

Raldikuk
Apr 7, 2006

I'm bad with money and I want that meatball!

The Nastier Nate posted:

An insurance claim is the only way you'll even get close to recouping "most" of its value. Wedding rings are basically worthless on the secondary market.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

the only winning move is not to play

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
if your significant other wants a semi-precious gem for a ring then at least buy a lab grown one because they’re a good amount cheaper and the only way to tell the difference is that the lab grown ones are too perfect to be naturally occurring

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 213 days!

mycomancy posted:

As I recall, that's how prostitution is handled in Saudi Arabia, except sometimes with shorter "marriages."

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.
At least with diamonds you can always use them to make fizzy water:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0wvDwSnzcw

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

mycomancy posted:

domestic partnership contracts.

That'll be abused. Horribly.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Raldikuk posted:

An insurance claim is the only way you'll even get close to recouping "most" of its value. Wedding rings are basically worthless on the secondary market.

We actually did get a payout on the wedding band which was stolen out of my wife’s car a couple years ago and we just never replaced it because gently caress it. She still has the engagement ring which is worth far more.

New thread content:

Theyyyyyyy’re just fruit loops doo doo doo doo do
Theyyyyyyy’re just fruit loops doo doo doo doo do
Theyyyyyyy’re just fruit loops doo doo doo doo do and marshmallows

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/ShiraOvide/status/1211366403565146112

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
one of you has been asking the same questions on Reddit:

r/legaladvice posted:

Is it possible to make a legally binding marriage lease?
u/PM_ME_UR_REPORTCARD1d
Can be entirely different contract
from standard marriage.

7 year lease. At the end, both parties get together and decide whether the want to renew. Keeps everyone on their toes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Shame Boy posted:

Airpods seem like such a weirdly bad idea to me, like here's these tiny-rear end things that have to be battery powered from a tiny-rear end battery, and even better they can easily fall out of your ear and be lost forever, oh and also they cost like $200

Is there some actual selling point besides "apple says they're cool so they're cool, buy them"?

apple is fast fashion in the form of consumer electronics

it doesn't matter that airpods are disposable because the battery is not replaceable without destroying the thing, you're expected to get the next year's model anyway

disposable electronics need to be banned

edit: e-waste and plastics, together at last

BattleMaster has issued a correction as of 09:06 on Dec 30, 2019