Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
"I'm an idiot, Peter."
"I know, you married me."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

How long has Peter known Tana? He's already suggesting to her he's going to marry her

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

I mean maybe they were tailing Tana, ever think of that Peter?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Dawwww

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
"I love you too, Gwen."

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender
oh snap!

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Much like the sound Gwen made

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

David D. Davidson posted:

"I love you too, Gwen."

Don't sully this moment of jealousy and exposure of secret identities with mentions of Gwen, worst girlfriend.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
It's MJ saying that.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Black Widow swings away, thinking about Gwen.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

You really shouldn't sling across the city while crying. Huge hazard. She's not even enhanced beyond de-aging juice, right?

Also dumb question-- these aren't new strips right? It's reruns from here til eternity?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Until it reaches the end once more and starts another rerun, just like real comics.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

"Let's unmask while hanging from a wall in a street with people just below."

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Cat Mattress posted:

"Let's unmask while hanging from a wall in a street with people just below."

"...just as I mention having recently been stalked by some of those people."

But then this is the same universe where the world's greatest spy blurts out Peter's secret identity for no reason in the middle of a movie set open to the public eye.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

mind the walrus posted:

It's reruns from here til eternity?

Supposedly there's going to be a new comic replacing Spider-Man at some point. They announced it when they stopped publishing new strips, but with no details. So we don't know what it will be called, who'll be in it, when it's starting, or anything else about it. In fact, they might have just quietly decided to not bother with it and we'd have no way of knowing.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Tiggum posted:

Supposedly there's going to be a new comic replacing Spider-Man at some point. They announced it when they stopped publishing new strips, but with no details. So we don't know what it will be called, who'll be in it, when it's starting, or anything else about it. In fact, they might have just quietly decided to not bother with it and we'd have no way of knowing.
I'm starting to think they aren't going to do anything with it, and if they don't make an announcement soon I'll probably stop following the reruns. I'm still holding out hope for a NSM-style strip using more Marvel characters.

But for now:

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Ah, it is the world’s most lovable rear end in a top hat.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
"they say I must wear pants."

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Mierenneuker posted:

Ah, it is the world’s most lovable rear end in a top hat.

Also Namor!

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Stahlgeist
Nov 19, 2009
It's probably all the Star Wars talk in the Internet Personality thread, but in spite of the punctuation, that last line by Peter there made me think he was doing a bad Yoda impression.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
How would "let me help you" work in Yoda-speak? "Help you me let?"

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Cat Mattress posted:

Help, you let me?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I chose to believe that Namor is outraged because he thought MJ was gonna be available for a second... but then I remembered that MJ being married not only wouldn't stop him, but would actively encourage him.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Cat Mattress posted:

more likely "let me help you, you must". otherwise there's no subject-verb for him to flip around.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

It's a common figure of speech! You know: "in two shakes of a lamb's tail," "faster than a New York minute," "barely enough time for a cruise to the Caribbean"!

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

That 4th panel is begging for edits

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

Old Peter certainly was an angry lad.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

mind the walrus posted:

That 4th panel is begging for edits

Go forth, friends

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

ammoil... is that an american oil company?

DAD'S A HERO, SPIDEY'S A CORPORATE IMPERIALIST STOOGE

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Does she have web shooters?

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

Push El Burrito posted:

Does she have web shooters?

She has some severe roy lichtenstein energy going on.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

You know, i,m glad that Spidey has always been such a witless moron. Otherwise I would be worried for the people of New York with such a rage induced psychopath swinging through the streets.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Tana, I know you are emotionally vulnerable right now, and you are dating Peter so you can't be very smart, but don't you think the reason he is going away looking like he is going to murder someone just after you finish talking about your father might be related? Like he is going to call the cops or even go beat up your dad after the bombing?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

What's going on here? They just skipped right to the cruise? I'm sorry I'm not used to NSM moving at such a fast pace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

evilmiera posted:

Tana, I know you are emotionally vulnerable right now, and you are dating Peter so you can't be very smart, but don't you think the reason he is going away looking like he is going to murder someone just after you finish talking about your father might be related? Like he is going to call the cops or even go beat up your dad after the bombing?

I think what they're going for is she thinks Peter's mad at her because her dad's a terrorist, and leaving because he doesn't want to date a terrorist's daughter. This in turn will drive her away from Peter (assuming she doesn't find out he's Spider-Man and get pissed at him for beating up her terrorist dad).