Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
So many ranty or sarcastic posts I've made on Facebook today and deleted before pressing 'send'.
Grrr.

Anyway, here's an item from the newly designed tory range of babies' clothing. A duster playsuit.

No more scrounging, skiving, layabout, freebie handouts for babies, no more free education, free health care, playgrounds.

Make 'em work for it. Start 'em young.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

MonkeyLibFront posted:

Disappointed that it wasn't a Stewart Lee clip
Speaking of, this is a fascinating and relevant watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLsJu7rqs8o

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

ThomasPaine posted:

there are a pile of twitter people I actually quite like stanning him so???

Your first mistake is using loving Twitter as a metric for anything of worth

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

Jose posted:

LBC promoting the idea migrants are going to bring tb into the UK and make people ill

Technically this is true, though they're probably not intentional human sickness bombs.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Jose posted:

LBC promoting the idea migrants are going to bring tb into the UK and make people ill

TB has been on the rise in the UK for years, on and off. Homelessness and deprivation are the main sources.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
Anyone with archives wanna check what this was?

https://twitter.com/tom_watson/status/194373178250895360?s=19

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Looks like Brown Moses' phone hacking thread.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Yeah it was Brown Moses' Murdoch thread.

Possibly this:

quote:

Well at some point of time it is bound to surface so i would rather give the facts up right now.

if you recall, i posed a question to Brown Moses, somewhat tongue in cheek, "Why would Operational Security aka NDS UK require the resources of a top team of investigators and Agents plus many paid informants when their media they were solely charged with protecting was to be blunt as safe as the Bank of England in terms of piracy".

More salient was where this budget to fund the Mad Hatters Tea Party was going to come from in lieu of Israel controlling the purse strings.

With no activity on a day-to-day basis for the operational team sitting in Maidenhead cutbacks at every corner were looking likely ultimately misplacing the talent Ray in his team had built up over the course of his tenure as head of Operational Security.

Never to be outdone, Ray came up with a magical plan.

The cable companies with their Sky TV lineup were in respect of set-box security running autonomous outside of NDS operational security. NDS UK were protecting card piracy - cable boxes used no card.

Selective hacks and pirates for cable boxes were to be cultured and made available on THOiC and the resulting impact was then delivered by a series of visits to the Cable bosses.

Ultimately Ray won his battle to retain the use of UK Operational Security personnel to take over the battle against what was presented as "blanket piracy" in their industry. I know the words used in the meetings with the Cable bosses as Ray had me write the study paper on his behalf which he then selectively used to present his case.

Before long, the department had secured full time jobs for both Len Withall and Chris Le Maitre, both whom enjoyed the spoils of "rounding up" the same pirates that had been lured to share their spoils via THOiC.

The budget secured!

Did Israel know - I do not think so but Ray had bosses so go figure.

e: Which I think refers to this.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Songbearer posted:

Yes there are no smart people on Twitter at all, obviously

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Jose posted:

Only families bringing in cholera type stomach bugs from their package holiday to S.America should be allowed.

This happened in my town, one family went to Brazil, came back and infected most the town with painful diarrhea.
I spent a good hour or two on the toilet too at one point, thank gently caress we had two in our old house.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Jose posted:

one third of London boroughs already exceed the WHO ‘high incidence’ threshold of 40 cases of TB per 100,000 people. Newham, Brent, Ealing and Hounslow have rates comparable with significantly less developed countries like Mali and Rwanda.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
So, wait, does this mean Tom Watson reads this thread?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
gently caress you, Tom.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Judge Tesla posted:

So, wait, does this mean Tom Watson reads this thread?
Nah he got perma'd last month.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
When was the low carb craze on the forums because lol if that's where he got the idea

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Songbearer posted:

I mean if anyone's going to believe Twitter is actually good despite all the mountains of evidence it's ThomasPaine

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Jose posted:

When was the low carb craze on the forums because lol if that's where he got the idea

He actually went off food for a couple of months because you sent him the prolapse pictures :mad:

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Brown moses linking to this blog post in a leveson / murdoch thread:

https://brown-moses.blogspot.com/2012/04/lee-gibling-answers-some-questions.html?m=1

I tried skim reading it but it's gibberish unless you already know what it's talking about.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

crispix posted:

He actually went off food for a couple of months because you sent him the prolapse pictures :mad:

His fault for being a wrecker. I reckon radmonger is tom

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
I love that a week ago this would have been a nonsensical Weird Twitter parody of Graun Opinion pieces, but now it's part of the real world:

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish

Apraxin posted:

I love that a week ago this would have been a nonsensical Weird Twitter parody of Graun Opinion pieces, but now it's part of the real world:

It's fox-based decorum

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It's genuinely bizzare that this is apparently a thing now.

Not that he did it but just like, that this is what people are getting annoyed about.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

is it bad form to boost my podcast in here, just tell me if it is i won't take it personally

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

gh0stpinballa posted:

is it bad form to boost my podcast in here, just tell me if it is i won't take it personally
Promoting a podcast in this thread would truly be a heinous posting crime.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

This thread can only have one podcast, highlander style if need be.

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

https://twitter.com/SolWpolski/status/1210489412364197888

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Oh my god, his pinned tweet:
https://twitter.com/SolWpolski/status/1205257437323894784
Showing solidarity with the UK Jewish community by sending them a note beginning 'Dear Jews'

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

gh0stpinballa posted:

Do it coward

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

:how:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Please do not infer anything from the fact that my search history is 100% antisemitism and nazi planes.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Tom Watson is an engaging, high-impact politician with a lot to offer

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Julio Cruz posted:

I mean if anyone's going to believe Twitter is actually good despite all the mountains of evidence it's ThomasPaine

What's the medical term for being sexually aroused by bad takes

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Hybristophilia Twitteralis.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

ThomasPaine posted:

What's the medical term for being sexually aroused by bad takes

masochism?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

Please do not infer anything from the fact that my search history is 100% antisemitism and nazi planes.
lmao, sadly too long to be the thread title

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

always thank the rock hider

Oh my god, Google is suggesting "white power groups in my area" wtf

Braggart fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Dec 29, 2019

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
fwiw this is what you get if you search for it without a history of nazi plane searches, so he didn't even stumble across it as a suggestion, click it, and then take the screencap later, he searched the whole thing on purpose lol.

Terrible what suggestions come up when I search for "Jews steal communion wafers and crucify them in secret to cause our crops to fail".

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Guavanaut posted:

Terrible what suggestions come up when I search for "Jews steal communion wafers and crucify them in secret to cause our crops to fail".

...your post history?

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Rarity posted:

Tom Watson is an engaging, high-impact politician with a lot to offer

i only wish he'd reach out to the guardian more he doesn't do it enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Looks like he reacted well to people pointing it out to him.