Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
making chilaquiles for dinner before anal. fortune favors the bold.

edit: my finest snipe yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
I stayed up really late and beat Fallen Order. It’s good. I liked the whole thing.

Now I want a new game. Something turn basey so I can take my time, because jfc slamming block and such really is hell on my fingers after a while.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

streamed videdogames on twitch for 4 hours and got drunk as hell. watermelongun tell me about your rear end hole some time. may the weekend make everyones spirits well

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Captain Magic posted:

I stayed up really late and beat Fallen Order. It’s good. I liked the whole thing.

Now I want a new game. Something turn basey so I can take my time, because jfc slamming block and such really is hell on my fingers after a while.

xcom 2

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

NienNunb posted:

I wanna get into photography. My partner has a nice Canon camera. I've literally never touched one but I was big into filmmaking in college and miss tinkering around with cameras and editing software. If it recorded video like the ones my old TV Production club buddies have I'd consider getting back into that as well.

I am a photographer. If you have any questions, feel free to DM.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I just saw little women and Beth got me worse than i thought she would :cry:

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

This is a fantastic suggestion and is exactly the kind of thing I love. Unfortunately I have already played for like 250 hours.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Movies watched over break
Steven Universe Movie - owned
Parasite - owned
Knives Out - owned the most
Cats - "owned"

yea ok posted:

streamed videdogames on twitch for 4 hours and got drunk as hell.
i am thinking about streaming for a few hours on weekends! How are you enjoying it?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i've done it off and on since 2010, it's fun :) hangin with the online buds and gaming it up. what could be better

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Captain Magic posted:

This is a fantastic suggestion and is exactly the kind of thing I love. Unfortunately I have already played for like 250 hours.

then life is over.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Took my family to see Knives Out over Christmas, they loved it, as did I a second time, because:

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Knives Out - owned the most

Parasite is still the best movie I saw in 2019 but God did I love Knives Out.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i can’t put why into words, but the david copperfield trailer is peak 2019 aesthetic

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

jesus WEP posted:

i can’t put why into words, but the david copperfield trailer is peak 2019 aesthetic

post it

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Took my family to see Knives Out over Christmas, they loved it, as did I a second time, because:

Parasite is still the best movie I saw in 2019 but God did I love Knives Out.
In Parasite when the dad stabs Mr. Park because of the smell, I felt a billion emotions.

Also it's weird how Knives Out and Parasite are opposite ends of the same movie.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Cavauro posted:

then life is over.

Oh well, I guess I had a good run

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Did you ever play the three shadowrun games of this decade. they are alright. Do you have a switch or 3ds. Fire Emblems. Phoenix Point exists now, but I have not played it. It's XCOM

this post looks horrible. Here are some question marks to be distributed ? ? ?

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Dec 29, 2019

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

jesus WEP posted:

https://youtu.be/l4GfEi_GyyU

I'm an Armando Iannucci stan so this looks very promising for me. Have no idea what it will really be like until they come out with a red band trailer for it

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I'm finally home after spending the holidays with mostly my grandma in Kuopio. It's nice to be home

Watching From Up on Poppy Hill, the other movie by Miyazaki's failson. I understand this one should be pretty solid. It starts with a bunch of food so I'm already down

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Cavauro posted:

Did you ever play the three shadowrun games of this decade. they are alright. Do you have a switch or 3ds. Fire Emblems. Phoenix Point exists now, but I have not played it. It's XCOM

this post looks horrible. Here are some question marks to be distributed ? ?? ?

The Shadowrun games were all really well put together

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

NienNunb posted:

https://youtu.be/l4GfEi_GyyU

I'm an Armando Iannucci stan so this looks very promising for me. Have no idea what it will really be like until they come out with a red band trailer for it

looks great, swinton is a v good choice for betsey

i have not read david copperfield in bout 20 years and i remember none of it other than i liked betsey

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Uncut Gems is brutal, and amazing. immediately rockets to the top of my “movies I love dearly but have no desire to watch it ever again” list

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

gonna replay Marathon: Infinity when I have free time and I am giddy with excitement

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Cavauro posted:

this post looks horrible. Here are some question marks to be distributed ? ?? ?

I am claiming the second question mark for later use, please edit it out of your post thanks

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Knives Out fuckin owns

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Bard Maddox posted:

Uncut Gems is brutal, and amazing. immediately rockets to the top of my “movies I love dearly but have no desire to watch it ever again” list

Color me intrigued

From Up on Poppy Hill was good. A short and uncomplicated story told well with some gorgeous visuals of 60s Japan. Made me feel nostalgic for a time and place I have never seen. Most importantly: Infinitely better than Earthsea.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Endless Mike posted:

I am claiming the second question mark for later use, please edit it out of your post thanks

Ok

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Bard Maddox posted:

I read the Wiki plot to this a few weeks ago and I wish I hadn't. Movie sounds amazing, would recommend without watching.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Cavauro posted:

this post looks horrible. Here are some question marks to be distributed ? ? ?

I played some of Shadowrun but couldn’t quite get into them. Fire Emblems always seem really loving chatty to me and that’s hard to get over.

I have liked and played pretty much all the AAA “upgrade this skill path and your equipment as you adventure” games (HZD, GOW, Tomb Raider, etc); I guess those are my favorite. I also really like Into The Breach and Slay the Spire. I have an awesome PC and a switch and a PS4.

I’d like a game where you have a suit of armor and you make it a better suit of armor and (I don’t like MH:W) a story that is halfway gripping. There, I said it. You can replace “suit of armor” with spaceship there. Maybe even team; but teams often suck in games because it’s like “chatty lady! Strong lady! Gruff man! Sorcerous man or lady! We all have dialogue options and nested thoughts!” I just want to buy slowly evolving sets of upgrades; everyone be quiet.

Also finding a game for me is not your job but you are nice, ty. I’ll figure it out.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Captain Magic posted:

I liked it right up to the end where you could feel both Disney and EA pulling the devs away from how it should end so it can be a franchise and also not conflict with the 'safe' version of SW that Disney wants.

Captain Magic posted:

I played some of Shadowrun but couldn’t quite get into them. Fire Emblems always seem really loving chatty to me and that’s hard to get over.

I have liked and played pretty much all the AAA “upgrade this skill path and your equipment as you adventure” games (HZD, GOW, Tomb Raider, etc); I guess those are my favorite. I also really like Into The Breach and Slay the Spire. I have an awesome PC and a switch and a PS4.

I’d like a game where you have a suit of armor and you make it a better suit of armor and (I don’t like MH:W) a story that is halfway gripping. There, I said it. You can replace “suit of armor” with spaceship there. Maybe even team; but teams often suck in games because it’s like “chatty lady! Strong lady! Gruff man! Sorcerous man or lady! We all have dialogue options and nested thoughts!” I just want to buy slowly evolving sets of upgrades; everyone be quiet.

Also finding a game for me is not your job but you are nice, ty. I’ll figure it out.
I will say that these two points leave a very narrow Venn diagram between them. Good stories tend to feature people talking.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Help! help me to find a game for Captain Magic.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Gaz-L posted:

I liked it right up to the end where you could feel both Disney and EA pulling the devs away from how it should end so it can be a franchise and also not conflict with the 'safe' version of SW that Disney wants.

I will say that these two points leave a very narrow Venn diagram between them. Good stories tend to feature people talking.

That’s a good point but there are games where you get a basic outline of a thing and you fill in the blanks. Into the Breach is a good example of this; I think the story there is well done and interesting but it leaves a lot to the imagination. It’s very simple but it works. Meanwhile like, Monster Hunter’s story is just over-boiled and lands like a piece of soggy bread and I can’t wait for everyone to shut up, which eventually means I stop caring.

Fallen Order had a nice story and people talked. It’s mostly a problem with RPGs when everyone won’t shut the gently caress up already. Probably because the gameplay loop means you can’t do the actual game while people talk, whereas in something like Fallen Order or Tomb Raider, etc. you’ve got a microphone or whatever so the story can trickle in while you’re doing other stuff.

I am sometimes fine with being talked at for the purposes of Golgotha’s endless exposition of his subhell plan for demonic conquest of Ayawatha or whatever but I don’t really want to be talked at right now.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Play The Witcher 3

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
kotor 2

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

no I can't deal with the endless heartbreak that game gives me.

Spent the entire day doing the Pokemon thing. Kinda mad I can't wear the spooky gym leader's mask. But I did get a pretty cool league card put together. Plz check my twitter and like my posts so I can grow my follower count back up to the strengths up!

https://twitter.com/TheThinkingMac1/status/1211422500589989888

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

coconono posted:

no I can't deal with the endless heartbreak that game gives me.

One of my long-time veteran soldiers got captured once and it was horrifying. Then many missions later up popped "RESCUE MISSION" and we saved him and brought him back! :woop:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Seams posted:

Play The Witcher 3

Actually, this is a solid pitch. You can totally make sweet armour and swords and make Henry Cavill more swole but the story is also real good and you can engage with it when you want and just run around hunting ghosts and swamp monsters if not.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Jerusalem posted:

One of my long-time veteran soldiers got captured once and it was horrifying. Then many missions later up popped "RESCUE MISSION" and we saved him and brought him back! :woop:

I lost my fave vet(he even had a sweet hat you animals!) and a promising recruit in a mission and it took an act of god to prevent me from breaking the console and the disk. It probably didn't help I was going through some heavy IRL poo poo at the time. But still, that game makes you way too invested in your little soldiers. It should be a requirement for national government.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Witcher 3 is pretty cool. Done everything but Blood and Wine.

I’m trying Brigador?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Massive Chalice is a fantasy XCOM kinda thing if that's your bag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
i’m extremely sick and i’m reading portnoy’s complaint and thinking of wrestlegoons