Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skitz
Apr 11, 2003

Your mommy kills animals! I bet you didn't know that.

Sand Monster posted:

Eric obituary letter:

That's sweet. That cantankerous little fucker sure was something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Sushi smell, sushi smell
Wrap her in duct tape
When you travel overseas
It's not considered rape!

Going to Hong Kong
With a pistol and some cash
I'm gonna get me some
Yummy yellow gash!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9kGS7ZRlD0

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
https://old.reddit.com/r/howardstern/comments/efrz8n/here_it_is_lol/

I guess spelling isn't part of getting things done.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/marciturk/

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

This explains the multitude of errors in that PowerPoint presentation to the staff, lovingly nicknamed "The Pelican Brief" by Stuttering John.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Holy poo poo, Jackson Dell'abatte is an executive assistant at Netflix? Nice.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Jon Lieberman is a VP at SAP. What a surprisingly professional place to end up after your job was tracking the wack pack.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Moving through 2 Financial Advisor positions over two years, and her descriptions of them, makes me think she was a salesperson trying to get people to go with the brokerage's management or a third party advisor. The short tenures mean she probably wasn't making her sales goals.

Also those are terrible job descriptions if they're the positions I'm imagining and work with at some of the retail brokerage offices.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Lifespan posted:

Jon Lieberman is a VP at SAP. What a surprisingly professional place to end up after your job was tracking the wack pack.

not be leak YOSPOS but I've been using, troubleshooting, and integrating with SAP systems, consultants, and users for the last 10 years and this is very fitting.

cumshitter posted:

Moving through 2 Financial Advisor positions over two years, and her descriptions of them, makes me think she was a salesperson trying to get people to go with the brokerage's management or a third party advisor. The short tenures mean she probably wasn't making her sales goals.

Also those are terrible job descriptions if they're the positions I'm imagining and work with at some of the retail brokerage offices.

Companies will hire in entry level and then have them pass a few basic industry required certs to make their services legal. Then it's up to that person to chase their own clients as an independent agent. Or this title means you are really just a CSR taking in bound calls who can legally advise financial services. But really all your doing is pushing whatever funds or plans corporate says to. It's a 100% sales job and probably why she switched around.

You know that scene in Sopranos where they are running the stock scam? "We gotta push Webistix!"

Bonzo fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Dec 26, 2019

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
When I saw SAP I thought Standard and Poor, but thats probably S&P.

For a moment I was all drat! That IS pretty fuckin good.

I can't be arsed to look up SAP, but thats like some mediocre computer something something company?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

wesleywillis posted:

When I saw SAP I thought Standard and Poor, but thats probably S&P.

For a moment I was all drat! That IS pretty fuckin good.

I can't be arsed to look up SAP, but thats like some mediocre computer something something company?

I think it's payroll and employee management.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

It's one of the biggest business software companies in existence. To way over-simplify it, they were the first to combine accounting general ledger with operations systems.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Also inventory management.

Its a German company and all companies use it. This of SAP and a large data repository and other systems draw from. Salesforce, SuccessFactors, PeopleSoft, all that Enterprise software stuff usually pulls data from SAP. Rolling out this type of system takes years and planning and implementation and usually involves consultants from Deloitte, PWC, etc.

Its also one of the major reasons Target failed in Canada. https://www.canadianbusiness.com/the-last-days-of-target-canada/

tl:dr - Target tried to replicate their US SAP implementation in half the time that was needed.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

SAP is gigantic and in almost every big company

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Most fortune-50 companies are roughly 70% Vice Presidents, and most of them have no direct reports

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
:siren: IMUS IS DEAD :siren:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/27/arts/don-imus-dead.html

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
I had no idea he was only 79, I figured he was like 20-30 years older than Howard

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
more like Byemas am I loving right or what? I'm gonna call in with that when they come back from vacation, bet I'll get right on the air

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
I wonder if the show will have more than a few minutes on it. Howard already said he holds no ill will anymore and that they buried the hatchet, but then Imus took shots at them when he quit. They tried to get him in the show a couple years back, but he wouldn't do it. Doubt there is much more to say.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

I'm looking forward to hearing Robins venom

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Get the scientists working on the tube technology, immediately.
How long has the I-man been (forcibly) retired? If anything this proves that Howard will die in that chair. No way he wants to end up going out like Imus.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Howard loves obituaries. I’m thinking two hours minimum

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Think he'll want a front row seat at the funeral?

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Robin, let me tell you what it was like seeing Ed Bradley's corpse, so close.. what's that? You were in the nosebleeds?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Howard’s takedown of Imuss last radio broadcast was pretty brutal. I don’t think he’s totally in forgive and forget mode

lynch_69
Jan 21, 2001

A cursory glance at all the high profile Twitter accounts mourning Imus' death tells you everything you need to know about the man and the kind of people who were fans of his. Rest in piss, fake cowboy.

Cliche Guevara
Dec 12, 2005
whistlebritches

lynch_69 posted:

A cursory glance at all the high profile Twitter accounts mourning Imus' death tells you everything you need to know about the man and the kind of people who were fans of his. Rest in piss, fake cowboy.

And that makes Howard more miserable than he already is.

Trump got it... Imus got it... “why not me?”

Don’t think for a second this isn’t loving his whole weekend up. He is gonna have a near breakdown about his mortality.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

He's harassing black people in that great ranch in the sky.

quote:

Many listeners detected the toxins of Lenny Bruce, George Carlin, Mort Sahl or Groucho Marx.
Apparently the brilliant repartee of calling people creeps and fat phonies gets you on the Mt. Rushmore of comedic pioneers.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

He's going to be buried in that ridiculous cowboy outfit isn't he?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

lynch_69 posted:

https://twitter.com/SamSeder/status/1211138413526749184

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Don't know who that guy is, but I agree.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Lifespan posted:

Don't know who that guy is, but I agree.

he was fenton on home movies and hugo on bobs burgers

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Even if listeners somehow liked Imus and agreed with his politics or thought he was funny (hard to believe), how could they listen to his show? The man could barely talk for the last decade or more of his career. When he was in his sixties he sounded like he was a hundred, speaking so slowly and wheezing and slurring his words. I couldn't tell what he was saying half the time. I would think the bare minimum for any broadcaster is to be able to talk clearly into a microphone.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Percelus posted:

He's a big loud mouth liberal radio personality (not an insult, he really is), and he was a big part of Air America radio. I can see him having an ax to grind with Imus.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

DangerDummy! posted:

He's a big loud mouth liberal radio personality (not an insult, he really is), and he was a big part of Air America radio. I can see him having an ax to grind with Imus.

He's right though. Imus's politics sucked.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Former Human posted:

Even if listeners somehow liked Imus and agreed with his politics or thought he was funny (hard to believe), how could they listen to his show? The man could barely talk for the last decade or more of his career. When he was in his sixties he sounded like he was a hundred, speaking so slowly and wheezing and slurring his words. I couldn't tell what he was saying half the time. I would think the bare minimum for any broadcaster is to be able to talk clearly into a microphone.

I think you could sum up Imus by posting a pic of him in that utterly pathetic cowboy getup. Seriously, what the gently caress was up with that?

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

mcmagic posted:

He's right though. Imus's politics sucked.

Oh, he was a total oval office and an absolute bore. Imus sucked.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Imus it the Boomer thread from GBS in solid form.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
I don't think Howard was ever happier than during the fallout of Imus' "nappy headed hos" comment when everyone in the media was trashing him.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

I think you could sum up Imus by posting a pic of him in that utterly pathetic cowboy getup. Seriously, what the gently caress was up with that?

Almost as bad as wearing rock and roll scarves and a hideous Rhea Perlman wig.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001

Percelus posted:

Haha, Fenton was great