Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

if you want to play extremely bad off meta poo poo go ahead and have fun but also if you play wildly bad off meta poo poo you're not allowed to whine about your solo queue teammates. im sorry to pass down the decree that kills the thread. but thats the facts jack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Midig posted:

I think the worst game I had recently was when I camped top lane for my Jax and got him super fed. So, of course, he 1v3-4 all the time and did pseudo strategical split pushing where he just got collapsed upon and we could not do poo poo. Point being, you literally cannot rely on anyone but yourself to carry if you think you deserve a higher rank. If they get fed because you ganked their lane, they might think they are hot poo poo and get soon to be diamond Yasou syndrom. Again, don't get your hard carry fed, it is counterproductive.

why couldn’t you do anything?

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Midig posted:

I think the worst game I had recently was when I camped top lane for my Jax and got him super fed. So, of course, he 1v3-4 all the time and did pseudo strategical split pushing where he just got collapsed upon and we could not do poo poo. Point being, you literally cannot rely on anyone but yourself to carry if you think you deserve a higher rank. If they get fed because you ganked their lane, they might think they are hot poo poo and get soon to be diamond Yasou syndrom. Again, don't get your hard carry fed, it is counterproductive.

everyone i just want to step in, hi, thank you all for reading - this is actually the opposite of what you should do

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Slaapaav posted:

i only flame players who have a toxic playstyle tho, never flame anyone for feeding or losing lane

lmao

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

I am just being a bit spicy. Usually, getting lanes fed is the way to go. But seeing my laner throw that hard made me pretty mad. That being said, I usually play Volibear. I can contribute a lot to the team until about 30-35 minute mark, at which point I am mostly just good for peeling and grabbing bad ADCs who out position themselves (I tend to win a lot of supposedly "lost" games this way). So the reason I could not do anything is that no amount of farm can stop me from being kited in a full on teamfight.

EDIT:

Fail invade + twitch who knew what he was doing. I had 3/0 and denied my farm hard. I thought game was lost. Their jax got fed too. We still won somehow. I am starting to wonder if I can just pick Jax and win games by not literally inting. The sheer amount of times I thought we would lose, then we find their ADC or Jax solo and kill em. If you are in silver or below, don't give up games guys. They WILL throw at some point.

Midig fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Dec 29, 2019

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

In one moment, Earth; in the next, Heaven.

The Door Frame posted:

Morg is as good, if not better, at jungling than he is. The sustain with even a couple stacks of Ravenous Hunter is unbelievable, and she has a kit that makes her better at ganking instead of KSing

I'm with you brother. I don't know why everyone else in this thread is being such a stick in the mud, Morg is a great mage jungler. But just between you and me? Zoe Jungle is the best mage to beat. You should try a few rounds in the jungle with her and you'll see what I mean :)

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

rabidsquid posted:

if you want to play extremely bad off meta poo poo go ahead and have fun but also if you play wildly bad off meta poo poo you're not allowed to whine about your solo queue teammates. im sorry to pass down the decree that kills the thread. but thats the facts jack

Hey, I may say in half my posts that my ADC is a smooth brained sheep fucker, but I'm sure that my ADC would probably say the same thing about me if you asked

My team traded roles in select and no one had smite, so I took it last second as Morg with Dark Harvest, and it worked really well in the jungle. Played 2-3 more very successful games as Morg in the jungle, and it was fun. That's the great thing about low Silver ELO, jank is often the best strategy you can have

E: She has surprisingly good clear, solid ganks, and good sustain with W+passives

The Door Frame fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Dec 29, 2019

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
i distinctly remember watching that challenger kayn one trick playing against morg jungle and actually being impressed by it - not to the point of saying it was good, and he did win that game, but he did note that the morg jungle was clearing fine and ganking well enough that if he wasn't a challenger jungler in diamond 1 it probably would have worked

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chris de Sperg posted:

agreed. no reason to compare when they're both great. just have to remember to rush Spirit Visage and Frozen Heart

You're giving me ideas and they're not good.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Midig posted:

I am just being a bit spicy. Usually, getting lanes fed is the way to go. But seeing my laner throw that hard made me pretty mad. That being said, I usually play Volibear. I can contribute a lot to the team until about 30-35 minute mark, at which point I am mostly just good for peeling and grabbing bad ADCs who out position themselves (I tend to win a lot of supposedly "lost" games this way). So the reason I could not do anything is that no amount of farm can stop me from being kited in a full on teamfight.

EDIT:

Fail invade + twitch who knew what he was doing. I had 3/0 and denied my farm hard. I thought game was lost. Their jax got fed too. We still won somehow. I am starting to wonder if I can just pick Jax and win games by not literally inting. The sheer amount of times I thought we would lose, then we find their ADC or Jax solo and kill em. If you are in silver or below, don't give up games guys. They WILL throw at some point.

im mostly mad that you called jax a hard carry when hes not that and hasnt been that since season 2 or 3

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
he was pretty close while spear of shojin was a thing

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

Maybe it's just part of my old Dota 2 mindset where most carries were right-click monsters. But due to jax ability to stun, jump and do solid right clicks and avoid attacks, he always seemed like a had a great late game kit and that he would scale very well with items. But then again, LoL has far more ability pressing to carry. Twitch is a hard carry though right?

EDIT:

Second go at gold promos, wish me luck!

Midig fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Dec 29, 2019

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Midig posted:

Maybe it's just part of my old Dota 2 mindset where most carries were right-click monsters. But due to jax ability to stun, jump and do solid right clicks and avoid attacks, he always seemed like a had a great late game kit and that he would scale very well with items. But then again, LoL has far more ability pressing to carry. Twitch is a hard carry though right?

EDIT:

good luck!

Umbreon
May 21, 2011
I'm going to need you guys to post some more words about morg jungle because this is interesting me in ways that it really shouldn't

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Midig posted:

EDIT:

Good luck dawg

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

Umbreon posted:

I'm going to need you guys to post some more words about morg jungle because this is interesting me in ways that it really shouldn't

I just tried it in a normal draft game and the enemy diana jungle got 25/10/10 but we still won for some reason?

runic echoes into sorc boots then zhonyas, i had pretty good sustain with a few stacks of ravenous hunter and clear was pretty quick mid to late game.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

W max Morg being a wave clear monster is the cornerstone of Morg mid so I can see the logic in Morg jungle at least.

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice
I just went 6/3/9 in my first game as Darius vs Lulu.

Maybe toplane is a good lane for cool champions?? This is making me reconsider my "only play sona support constantly forever" stance.

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

njsykora posted:

W max Morg being a wave clear monster is the cornerstone of Morg mid so I can see the logic in Morg jungle at least.

i took Q first for the theoretical invade, then W max. the jungle starter item gives healing based on number of enemies affected by it so clearing raptors and wolves after blue is easy, and by the time you reach level 3 you can do the others. the item giving fast mana regen also helps a lot.

The downside is later game when you join in on team fights that are not always in jungle so if you want sustain you have to consider getting more mana/ regen items, or resorting to going back into jungle to refill all the time. That and if you take ravenous hunter for the healing youre not as mobile as a lot of meta jungle champs so take care and keep your Q incase you need it to get away.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

njsykora posted:

The changes they made to her about a year back were largely intended to open up jungle as an option to her. And, like... you can clear the jungle, but good loving luck ever ganking anyone who's got their brain turned on.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Lets say I want to play TFT for the first time since it launched. Any brief primers to catch up? What are people going for? Is econ to 50 still a reasonable strat, or should i be more aggressive?

What's the default site for looking up items?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Boxman posted:

Lets say I want to play TFT for the first time since it launched. Any brief primers to catch up? What are people going for? Is econ to 50 still a reasonable strat, or should i be more aggressive?

Just watch a couple DisguisedToast/Haffu/Dog/Scarra videos and see what's popular right now to get back into it, imo. That's all it took for me.

ELI PORTER
Sep 16, 2007

I posted on Something Awful and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

Coca Koala posted:

I just went 6/3/9 in my first game as Darius vs Lulu.

Maybe toplane is a good lane for cool champions?? This is making me reconsider my "only play sona support constantly forever" stance.

top lane is the lane to have honourable duels with another fellow gamer, and allow the 8 other simpering morons waste their time competing for useless things such as "drakes". why, you needn't interact with anyone else at all if you don't want to.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Elentor posted:

You're giving me ideas and they're not good.

the only thing this thread regularly gives me is headaches

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
I’m really enjoying Diana jungle and have had games where I get a Quadra or do well. Op.gg and other websites still say she’s an unpopular pick which makes me sad. Is she still unviable in jungle or can I make her home there?

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

ELI PORTER posted:

top lane is the lane to have honourable duels with another fellow gamer, and allow the 8 other simpering morons waste their time competing for useless things such as "drakes". why, you needn't interact with anyone else at all if you don't want to.

after playing a million mastery points of sona, the idea that a champion can just walk up to another champion and fight them and kill them is baffling to me. My buttons deal damage? I'm clearing waves? this game is bizarre, when were these new mechanics added in?

also now I have to learn about things like "armor" and "armor penetration" and "itemization" which is wild. It's amazing the extent to which you can just utterly ignore the game by playing one champion forever.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

jimmydalad posted:

I’m really enjoying Diana jungle and have had games where I get a Quadra or do well. Op.gg and other websites still say she’s an unpopular pick which makes me sad. Is she still unviable in jungle or can I make her home there?
if you enjoy an off meta pick and it’s winning you games does it matter? Play it until it stops working :shrug:

Lots of pros have found some ridiculous stuff in low elo that can pubstomp at higher elo too but the higher you climb the more likely people are to fall into the meta

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

Vermain posted:

The changes they made to her about a year back were largely intended to open up jungle as an option to her. And, like... you can clear the jungle, but good loving luck ever ganking anyone who's got their brain turned on.

I mean considering her stun, in a way she is a less skill intensive Elise. But honestly, if you want to play a fun AP jungler why not go Ekko or AP build Zac?

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

lol Imagine playing jungle morg and during gank you miss her Q and then you’re just useless sitting there tagging the enemy laner with 15 damage from W

Morgana jungle is countered by wards. Don’t play that poo poo.

Greggster
Aug 14, 2010

Boxman posted:

The strategy that has gotten me to Gold III so far is to do the following ;

Pick whatever in start (prioritize spatula)
Clear first round
Sell your champion (unless you get another of it in the 1st round)
Try and save as much money as possible, if you have a streak going try to keep it going by getting level ups so that you can field a full team of whichever 2 star champs you have.
Then just go with whatever champions you can get to 2nd star, and don't really bother with combos until after 3rd draft. (This is conditional however, if you can get say a 3 mage combo early on, roll with it. Some combos are inherently stronger even on first level than others).

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Toxic Mental posted:

So it's a pubstomper up until around mid-Diamond?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i like that the premise is the pick is good because the players are bad but it relies on hitting skill shots, a notorious bad player skill. also this applies to jungle swain, jungle leona, jungle blitzcrank, jungle nami, jungle pyke, jungle bard. i can continue

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Toxic Mental posted:

lol Imagine playing jungle morg and during gank you miss her Q and then you’re just useless sitting there tagging the enemy laner with 15 damage from W

Does her R not count?

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Umbreon posted:

Does her R not count?

By the time you finally farm to 6 your team head already been destroyed by the enemy Ekko and you’re left trying to avoid wards blindly and praying that the enemy laner doesn’t have their mobility spell because they’re just going to dodge your Q if they don’t just sidestep it anyways because you’ll never land an R without Q

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

rabidsquid posted:

i like that the premise is the pick is good because the players are bad but it relies on hitting skill shots, a notorious bad player skill. also this applies to jungle swain, jungle leona, jungle blitzcrank, jungle nami, jungle pyke, jungle bard. i can continue

Not to defend jungle morg as a pick - cause it really is poo poo compared to Karthus - but she can at least farm reasonably well while none of the above can.

Also hitting skill shots for jungle ganks isn't hard, you just walk into lanes and auto until enemies use mobility poo poo then drop your CC. It's the same premise behind j4 ganks (except lots of people suck and flag and drag to start).

Saying a jungler is bad because bad junglers are bad is a non starter.

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

Yeah the main problem i had with morg jungle in the early game was my team having all lanes pushed up into enemy towers so at most it was me walking into lane to poke with them.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Midig posted:

I mean considering her stun, in a way she is a less skill intensive Elise.

Not comparable. The reason Elise is such a top tier early game jungler - ignoring her burst damage and clear speed - is because of how Rappel allows you to both gapclose to guarantee Cocoon and tower dive via the untargetable reset. It's true that you could farm to 6 and then gank with Morgana, but you may as well just play Nocturne or Vi if that's your inclination.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Vermain posted:

Not comparable. The reason Elise is such a top tier early game jungler - ignoring her burst damage and clear speed - is because of how Rappel allows you to both gapclose to guarantee Cocoon and tower dive via the untargetable reset. It's true that you could farm to 6 and then gank with Morgana, but you may as well just play Nocturne or Vi if that's your inclination.

yeah having a level 3 tower dive ability is pretty insane, both her and Fizz get that and it's very strong if you can use it right

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

Woosh.

2 losses 2 wins. Crossing my fingers I don't get someone going afk or complete moron on my team.

Midig fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Dec 30, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

?