Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

i dont dislike empyrean but i havent really interacted with it much either. my own railjack only has the base equipment because everything is so expensive so ive only been hitching rides with other people. basically im having fun but thats because other people are dealing with the rng and grind so i dont have to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Can anyone help me and give me a quick run down of how they play wisp? I'm currently leveling her and really enjoying her three 1's, but I basically never use her 2 and I guess I'm struggling to find a loop. Her 3 is pretty cool but I just end up using my guns a lot more with haste and killing everything quickly anyway.

Also, just cleared the star chart and now have arbs (which I haven't tried). What exactly is the deal with them, are they just harder missions?

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

Can anyone help me and give me a quick run down of how they play wisp? I'm currently leveling her and really enjoying her three 1's, but I basically never use her 2 and I guess I'm struggling to find a loop. Her 3 is pretty cool but I just end up using my guns a lot more with haste and killing everything quickly anyway.

Also, just cleared the star chart and now have arbs (which I haven't tried). What exactly is the deal with them, are they just harder missions?

Wisp's 1 is probably her most important skill, that said

Her 2 grants invulnerability and if you cast her 3 the 3 shoots out from her WOW as well, which can be neat.

Her 3 has a far more important use than even the damage though which is that you can teleport to the reservoirs left by her 1. Wisp is REALLY good at interception for this reason.

Her 4 just does a ton of damage, it's honestly pretty fun, even if your guns are good.

Re arbies: Arbies are on the higher end of missions available in the game, but with a couple of major caveats

1. Arbitration Drones. There are special enemies that operate a bit like shield drones but instead of giving a small amount of shield to enemies, the enemies effect are red and mad and nude, by which I mean they're invincible and ignore abilities. The drones themselves are immune to abilities (including running through walls) and weave a lot, so I recommend bringing something sloppy and hard hitting like Arca Plasmor, Catchmoon, or Akarius.

2. No downs. If you get downed, you just go all the way dead. As long as somebody on the team is dead, Drones drop little tokens that give the same debuffs as index coins. The team has to spend 5 of these to revive you, but they don't all need to be on the same player. Many cheat death effects work - Phoenix Renewal, Venari Bodyguard, and Nidus are all popular - but Sacrifice and Inaros don't work.

3. Rotation is AABBCCCCC... I do not understand why the gently caress this isn't the normal rotation for everything now that they've shown they can do it, but here we are. Arbitration is the only source of Vitus Essence (both from rotation and from Drones) and is an extremely good source of Endo.

vvvv Thanks, fixed

Tulip fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Dec 30, 2019

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Tulip posted:

3. Rotation is ABCCCCC... I do not understand why the gently caress this isn't the normal rotation for everything now that they've shown they can do it, but here we are. Arbitration is the only source of Vitus Essence (both from rotation and from Drones) and is an extremely good source of Endo.

It's AABBCCCC...

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Speaking of wisp and arbitrations, wisp with the arbitration bonus is hilarious

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

cuntman.net posted:

i dont dislike empyrean but i havent really interacted with it much either. my own railjack only has the base equipment because everything is so expensive so ive only been hitching rides with other people. basically im having fun but thats because other people are dealing with the rng and grind so i dont have to

That's pretty much he way to do it. Railjack in general has a lot of FYGM mechanics to it. Even if you do throw infinite plat/time at getting the good stuff all you've bought yourself is a ship that, with the right combination of players, might survive. This will last until the next big patch when all that plat/time becomes meaningless. I'm just doing it a little at a time, which is all I can take of the boredom, to get Intrinsics.

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

Can anyone help me and give me a quick run down of how they play wisp?

Pump Duration and Strength as high as you can get them, ignore range/eff, add survival to taste. Since her buff is to fire rate and not reload, pick something with a deep mag size. I like Ignis on her. Keep in mind that even though your flowers can buff other people, they'll almost never hit them unless it's a defense/interception/mobdef map. Speeding up groups for exterm/sab/cap is better with Volt. Here's what I'm using, for reference:

Wisp's 2 is useful for spy shenanigans, but gets completely outclassed by Wukong. Her 3 lets you teleport to flowers, but I typically drop them all in one central spot for run-by refreshing of buffs and burning energy to teleport when you're already running at faster-than-bullet-jump speed isn't worth it. Her 4 hits like a wet noodle, even at this extreme end of Strength. Wisp is an excellent gun/melee platform that is exceptionally hard to kill AND makes her team into the same, but I could unbind the other three abilities and not lose anything.

Edit: On second thought, I can't even find a use for her 2 that couldn't be better handled by spoiler mode.

Mailer fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Dec 30, 2019

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

I just hope they never gate lore and quests behind an RNG grind. Happy to sit out Empyrean until/if they do a major bug fix/rebalance pass, likewise Liches. That's worked so far for stuff like Arcanes where I don't mind grinding 10K standing, but had no interest in the original BP grind. Likewise rivens where you can get Kuva from doing NW and arbys now.

Personal (conspiracy) theory: DE's approach for all major new "content" piece is to have a heavy grind to appease vets who have no other source of play left in the game. After other new grinds are added to the game, every such system will be relaxed to be much more accessible to the more casual crowd. I think they're already doing this with Liches and Empyrean having RNG stat drops at existing grind drop rates (2%!!!! for 30% strength).

Sounds like the console release of melee 3.0 introduced a bug with the "hold light attack to get heavy attack" feature where heavy attacks are occasionally firing even without long holds. Either that or "hold" duration is tired to speed of weapon and fast stances are loving with it. I'm dropping combo with unwanted heavy attacks in any case, annoying.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Holding to heavy attack is as bizarre as sprint still being in the game.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Jack Trades posted:

Amazing. I absolutely LOVE sorting through trash. How did they know?
It's my absolutely FAVORITEST thing to do in an action game like Warframe. I'm glad to get the chance to sort through even more trash than I have ever gotten to sort through before.

Can't wait to get to break up my monotonous bits of hacking and slashing and shooting with some absolutely loving exhilarating inventorization, HELL YEAH.

Whelp, this sort of deflated any reason I had for farming the veil until the balance pass...

And there's no real point trying to pub farm quellor and penant till the drop fix hits console...

Well poo poo. Looks like I'm going back to lich and new prime farms for the moment

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Kinda my perspective as well, especially since you need a team in Saturn, and it's a power crapshoot if a pubbie will wait for you before they complete the galleon.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

I finally found the legendary reactor

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
Sure wish the Paracesis didn't need eidolon shards to craft. Spending an entire night period trying to kill a Teralyst and failing because pubs can't do damage isn't remotely fun.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Malloc Voidstar posted:

Sure wish the Paracesis didn't need eidolon shards to craft. Spending an entire night period trying to kill a Teralyst and failing because pubs can't do damage isn't remotely fun.

And that's the least painful part :stat:

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I started playing warframe yesterday, I've said a whole lot of "What?" and apparently my divine space ninja robot is also hobo tier.

Picked Volt, didn't know you had to find a mod for energy regen.

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking

Malloc Voidstar posted:

Bad luck maybe? I can't remember the last time a therapist hunt failed.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Tulip posted:

I hate to say it but I kind of just really don't like Empyrean. I spend most of the time playing it pretty bored and then I get a headache after like 2 runs. I like the concept but I go back to relic cracking or arbies afterwards and I just immediately feel better.

Railjack is just incredibly slow-paced compared to the rest of Warframe - specifically in the Void.

If I take my MK3 fitted RJ to earth, it's actually really fun. It's an absolute blast to just mow down fighters with the particle shield and nuke them with the missile swarms. It feels good. As warframe should.

Then I go to the void and I need to constantly rhino buff myself to do meaningful damage and deal with healing fields that can downright break and make those stupid weakpoint ships immune (if you blow off the 2 weakpoints while they are in the heal field they can become invulnerable forever)

I've had RJ missions with a poo poo team take 30 minutes. That's like 6 regular warframe missions - for what? 400 dirac and 3 trash components that are worse than what I can build in the dojo?

I really really like the concept of Railjack but I don't find the endgame of it rewarding or fun. I'm still doing it - because I'm an idiot and want to finish upgrading my ship and have some hope that DE will expand it and make it fun at all stages.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I started playing warframe yesterday, I've said a whole lot of "What?" and apparently my divine space ninja robot is also hobo tier.

The energy economy for a new player is rough to say the least, but you'll get plenty of tools as you progress to start constantly casting abilities.

Make sure to speak up in clan chat as well so people can hook you up with basic mods.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

central dogma posted:

Bad luck maybe? I can't remember the last time a therapist hunt failed.

After the first bad pubby team just switch to playing with goons imo

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Lol I just realized the biggest indictment of Empyrean for me is the fact that I immediately abandon my jack in a semi safe spot nnd blast fools with my archwing

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Don't worry. Energy very quickly becomes a non-issue as you keep playing, and Volt is a very good frame at all levels of play.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Avionics make a huge difference and make Railjack much better but to really take full advantage of them you need a loving Vidar reactor with a high avionic cap so ppppppppttttttttttt

Once you actually get some battle avionics going and whatnot poo poo can become really fun!

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.
Need a Vidar high roll and then 7 or so mods that are Condition Overload level rarity. Definitely feel like a powerhouse once you get there but even then some of the core annoyances (crewship bubbles, identifying and picking up loot) make the overall experience a bit unsatisfying.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

gnoma posted:

Need a Vidar high roll and then 7 or so mods that are Condition Overload level rarity. Definitely feel like a powerhouse once you get there but even then some of the core annoyances (crewship bubbles, identifying and picking up loot) make the overall experience a bit unsatisfying.

crewship bubbles - those are just painful. Especially as they only seem to render for the host.

Oh and it doesn't help that Battle avionics are ultra rare - whose idea was that - to make ship abilities rare drops?

Void Hole sells for 400-500 plat.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

The healing bubbles need to be adjusted as the only way i deal with them is to hop out and aw gun them down.

New player advice: the op of this thread is still pretty applicable. Spend your starting plat on slots, you can't trade it anyway. Get invited to the clan and build your dojo key asap, seriously asap. Ask all the questions. Don't feel bad about getting showered in mods, we were all there and the drop rates on some of the very basic things that you'll want immediately are a little dumb, you can quickly start paying people back later on, especially whenever new relics get added and new stuff happens. Focus on planet junctions and story quests for your first pseudo long term goal. Get Rhino asap, or get in the clan and get Nezha asap, these are both very tanky frames without a lot of investment. Feel free to use the wiki liberally if you don't feel like asking about some super specific mechanic, like the specifics of a single frame power or details about various armor and elemental types, though people will throw themselves at you in order to answer questions. Do not look at the wiki for anything lore related until Spoilers happen. You'll know when this happens.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

And Tyler Too! posted:

Don't worry. Energy very quickly becomes a non-issue as you keep playing, and Volt is a very good frame at all levels of play.

I wouldn't really say getting energizing dash is "very quick"

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I don't understand why they don't just give everyone energy regen. They had it figured out with AWs just retroactively apply the same logic to the main game.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

One reason why Rhino is such a good beginner frame (and Nezha, I think this also applies to) is that his defensive ability costs nothing to upkeep and lasts until its health runs out. Very useful when you don't have reliable energy.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
I have to wonder if just telling people to make zaws and giving them an exodia brave is faster energy regen now. Not that anyone will bother to farm the insane cost an exodia brave takes to make.

Iretep fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Dec 30, 2019

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Malloc Voidstar posted:

Sweet jesus. If you're on PC and MailerAU is around (usually meaning late night US) hit me up and I'll cap as many as you need.

Test-0
Jul 15, 2006

It lives...

Iretep posted:

Not that anyone will bother to farm the insane cost an exodia brave takes to make.

You don't craft plains arcanes anymore. They're sold as is, not a bp.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Im getting kind of frustrated, because I'm close to TWW but I can't do it yet, I have to unlock Pluto to unlock Sedna and apparently I have to do some poo poo at Lua too and fuuuuck I just want my better Spoiler mode dammit.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

Test-0 posted:

You don't craft plains arcanes anymore. They're sold as is, not a bp.

I mean it takes like 3 days of rep maxing to make a r3 one. The rep itself probably isnt super bad to get though.

Agents are GO! posted:

Im getting kind of frustrated, because I'm close to TWW but I can't do it yet, I have to unlock Pluto to unlock Sedna and apparently I have to do some poo poo at Lua too and fuuuuck I just want my better Spoiler mode dammit.

Just ask goons to help. Getting lua done especially is made way easier with goons helping.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

Mailer posted:

Sweet jesus. If you're on PC and MailerAU is around (usually meaning late night US) hit me up and I'll cap as many as you need.
Thankfully matchmaking eventually gave me a group that was more competent (but not fully; shout-out to the player who ran 100m away to pick up a core, taking the third lure with him, right as we killed the Teralyst)
Soon I will have the Paracesis, a quest, and the Shedu.

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

You're breaking my balls here
So I've pimped out my Ivara as a total stealth build. It dies if anything looks at it incorrectly, and I've somehow found a way to make it my favorite build for killing Crewships in the Veil. My main Mesa build kills things very fast, and I still have trouble killing railjack mobs in a timely fashion, and Mesa can obviously not hack the reactor's shield without killing the crew first. So I wanted to try alternatives.

You have a few options for stealth, but you need someone like Octavia or Loki that can stealth while also shooting something loud and punchy that can take out the reactor when you're done hacking. Ivara works just fine as long as you get the "Untraceable" parazon mod. You can stealth right up to the reactor, hack it, that will give you combat stealth, kill the reactor, and warp out.

It takes out crewships about twice as fast as my combat builds, and with less fuss. My only issue is pilots that look everywhere but at the crewship when I'm in the slingshot.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Arsonide posted:

Mesa can obviously not hack the reactor's shield without killing the crew first. So I wanted to try alternatives.

Every frame can. Hit 5 and hold down 1.

Also weapons seemed to tickle the high level reactors for some reason so I just NikanaP that poo poo down in a second and bail.

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

You're breaking my balls here

Mailer posted:

Every frame can. Hit 5 and hold down 1.

In one reply you've ruined my carefully crafted strategy. I might as well bring in Grendel on my stealth boardings now. :suicide: Actually, this hyperbole has me thinking...who is the joke / meme frame now? It was Wukong until they reworked him into usefulness. Who is it now?

EDIT: Reviewed the list, I think Grendel is about as close as it gets right now.

Arsonide fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Dec 30, 2019

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Arsonide posted:

In one reply you've ruined my carefully crafted strategy. I might as well bring in Grendel on my stealth boardings now. :suicide: Actually, this hyperbole has me thinking...who is the joke / meme frame now? It was Wukong until they reworked him into usefulness. Who is it now?

Limbo?
I mean, he's viable with a right build and has a few niches but even nu-Vauban got that so who knows in this crazy world.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

I've just been using my range build Atlas on crewships. Jump and Petrify on entry to freeze anyone hiding behind blocks in the room, then zoom up to the reactor panel and hit 4. Everyone near you is stone for half a minute, everyone else is shooting at your Rumblers, and you have a stupidly huge effective health pool you can recover by punching the petrified grineer when you're done.

Atlas' 4 also solves boarding parties real good. Rumblers stunlock people like it's an early 90's beat-em-up.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

FunkyFjord posted:

The healing bubbles need to be adjusted as the only way i deal with them is to hop out and aw gun them down.
Have they patched it so these are visible to players who aren't the host because my method of dealing with the bubbles is "¯\_(ツ)_/¯ boy I hope somebody who can see them does something about it or the AW guy kills whichever crewship is generating this, guess i'll go look for a fire to put out"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot
You can hack in spoiler crouch, can't you? Wonder if it'd be quicker to just spoiler in, pop the reactor and then zip out.

You can also hit the reactor from the entrance with Rubico or something suitably penetrative, if you're like me and you occasionally forget to do so after you hack the shield. Makes early crewships really easy without the shield because you can literally just board them, nail the reactor a couple of times from the entrance and zoop straight back out.

E: woops, app didn't refresh and I missed this exact conversation :v: