Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

A Bad Poster posted:

You either support the police/troops or the second amendment, you cannot support both.

Ummm... what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Yeah its pretty essy to support the troops and the 2nd amendment. Just because the cops are getting armed with the troops surplus doesnt make them the troops

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Stravag posted:

Yeah its pretty essy to support the troops and the 2nd amendment. Just because the cops are getting armed with the troops surplus doesnt make them the troops

But how do we stop these dipshit cops from believing they're the Troops?

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Have 'em go back to .38 revolvers?

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Take away their armor full autos apcs and special protections under the law?

McNally posted:

Have 'em go back to .38 revolvers?

Theres no reason for them to be so heavily armed. 22 short derringers at max

Stravag fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Dec 27, 2019

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

EBB posted:

Gun stores in CA specifically have sections for civilian and cop-only firearms.

1) cops are civilians

2) that's because CA has a list of guns that are safe enough to be owned by regular people, but cops are special so they get to own whatever they want, and if they sell it after buying it that's okay

One of the many exceptional laws from felony arms trafficker Leland Yee

JK he plead out of any firearms charges and is only serving 5 years in jail

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

A gun amnesty in which police arms are surrendered to the commoner.

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

what about the mythical hybrid TroopCop

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG posted:

You mean that dude w the DSLs? He frags a civvie and disappears.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG posted:

“First I was a troop. Then I was a cop. Now I’m TroopCop!” Was the joke I saw accompanying this fash cop/vet lifestyle apparel video

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=M_wLPcH1_WA

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

stop giving them national protection without national standards. you don't get loving qualified immunity when you kill someone if you don't meet national training standards

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Internet Wizard posted:

1) cops are civilians

2) that's because CA has a list of guns that are safe enough to be owned by regular people, but cops are special so they get to own whatever they want, and if they sell it after buying it that's okay

One of the many exceptional laws from felony arms trafficker Leland Yee

JK he plead out of any firearms charges and is only serving 5 years in jail

I know about the pistol list and resales, I live here.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
I found out about the law by reading about the "EDC Coin purse" offered by a company. The guy spells it why he engineered a coin purse that you can use as a weapon:

website posted:

Simultaneously, I was struggling to solve some EDC issues I encountered while traveling in my post-LEO life. As a regular citizen, I no longer enjoyed the privileges of carrying in all 50 states granted to LEOs under LEOSA, more commonly known as the Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act or HR 218 to anyone on the job.

https://www.qoreperformance.com/products/coin-purse?variant=31253233369203

Here's a blog on what the deal is with "coin purses"

https://technabob.com/blog/2019/03/12/self-defense-coin-purse/

It must suck to live in a state of constant paranoia like that, that you think you have to go heeled at all times or the "bad guys" will get ya.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

a totally secure man posted:

It’s made for men even though real men

And here is the issue right here

Edit: how much theyre talking about being able to make it silent really skeeves me out.

Stravag fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Dec 27, 2019

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
A slapjack isn't exactly deadly or dangerous.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

No i get that its just really weird how hard they are over making it silent

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Stravag posted:

No i get that its just really weird how hard they are over making it silent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUAK7t3Lf8s

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Wasabi the J posted:

A slapjack isn't exactly deadly or dangerous.

Its also not a defensive weapon. It's a kosh for ambushing people.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Let's just arm them with whistles.
It's probably the one thing they can't beat the poo poo out of/kill a suspect with, right?

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

You loving bootlicker.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/davelevinthal/status/1210506471605231621?s=21

Police union grifts donations to benefit families of injured/killed officers, spends 87% of proceeds on overhead, advertising, and shady telemarketing practices.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

mlmp08 posted:

https://twitter.com/davelevinthal/status/1210506471605231621?s=21

Police union grifts donations to benefit families of injured/killed officers, spends 87% of proceeds on overhead, advertising, and shady telemarketing practices.

So acting like 90% of charities.

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

mlmp08 posted:

“First I was a troop. Then I was a cop. Now I’m TroopCop!” Was the joke I saw accompanying this fash cop/vet lifestyle apparel video

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=M_wLPcH1_WA

The comments section, as always, is terrible.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

https://www.theroot.com/city-of-dallas-dismissed-from-botham-jeans-wrongful-dea-1840679431?utm_medium=socialflow&utm_source=theroot_facebook

ABC News reports that on Monday, Lynn ruled that the city of Dallas isn’t liable for the actions of its off-duty police officers. In turn, the city was dismissed from the civil lawsuit and Guyger will remain the sole defendant

Cool and good.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

https://www.theroot.com/city-of-dallas-dismissed-from-botham-jeans-wrongful-dea-1840679431?utm_medium=socialflow&utm_source=theroot_facebook

ABC News reports that on Monday, Lynn ruled that the city of Dallas isn’t liable for the actions of its off-duty police officers. In turn, the city was dismissed from the civil lawsuit and Guyger will remain the sole defendant

Cool and good.

I know that city governments might be beholden to the police anyway, but I don’t want to attach the government to any sinking police ship because you won’t get more justice if the city has another reason, legally speaking, to cover poo poo up too.

I also don’t really know what I’m talking about. But I don’t think asking the city to go down with any ship will result in any net positives.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
We can't trust the police to follow their trained procedures when they're out of uniform.

We can also trust police to follow their training when they're out of uniform, so give unlimited gun rights to all current and retired police officers.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

colachute posted:

I know that city governments might be beholden to the police anyway, but I don’t want to attach the government to any sinking police ship because you won’t get more justice if the city has another reason, legally speaking, to cover poo poo up too.

Mileage varies, but there are some cities where even a very "Thin Blue Line" mayor, comptroller, etc, will turn to cops and tell the leadership to stop loving up so goddamned hard if suddenly it's hard to pay for schools/streets/whatever because dumb/malicious cops keeping committing civil rights violations.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

mlmp08 posted:

Mileage varies, but there are some cities where even a very "Thin Blue Line" mayor, comptroller, etc, will turn to cops and tell the leadership to stop loving up so goddamned hard if suddenly it's hard to pay for schools/streets/whatever because dumb/malicious cops keeping committing civil rights violations.

Have you heard of Maricopa County?

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
Arizona Suburbanites defy normal laws of the universe.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Insurers need to stop covering this poo poo and let municipalities deal with it. Things will change quickly when it starts bankrupting pension funds

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Shooting Blanks posted:

Have you heard of Maricopa County?

Or nashville. When i was there they kept getting more fines and court fees thrown at the city every 6 months because the cops were protesting obama being in office by pulling over anyone brown and losing the lawsuits that kept coming from it

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Cool and good.

That seems like an interesting and incredibly dumb thing, given that off duty police officers are still allowed to act as official representatives of the government. I'd like to see a few lawyers start challenging arrests made by off-duty officers working security now, since they are clearly not acting in an official capacity.

See how much pressure the city can take from off-duty pigs upset that their lucrative side deals aren't valuable.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

stop giving them national protection without national standards. you don't get loving qualified immunity when you kill someone if you don't meet national training standards

That’s actually a great idea especially for this thread.

The only way you can “change the system” from inside beyond a podunk department in my opinion is federal since the FBI OCR is the only thing approaching oversight, even that’s an uphill battle.

Otherwise you Kamala Harris and just gently caress over innocent death row prisoners and argue for slave labor by the time you’re high enough to do anything.

Butter Activities fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Dec 28, 2019

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/mimirocah1/status/1211098520893026305?s=21

You lied in court and got a guy incarcerated for months with that lie? You sir, need to retire with benefits* posthaste!

*I think? I assume if it’s retire rather than fired or resign, there are benefits involved.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

mlmp08 posted:

https://twitter.com/mimirocah1/status/1211098520893026305?s=21

You lied in court and got a guy incarcerated for months with that lie? You sir, need to retire with benefits* posthaste!

*I think? I assume if it’s retire rather than fired or resign, there are benefits involved.

https://apnews.com/a778b5459c2889e2b7446fb1c1d54dda

Dude was on federal supervision for cocaine trafficking when cops pulled 17 kilos out of his property. I suspect he will be incarcerated for months again soon enough.

Cop should've gave less of a poo poo. I wonder if the warrant excluding the 3rd floor/decision to search it, knowingly or otherwise, was on him or if he was going all ENDS JUSTIFIES THE MEANS to fix someone else's gently caress up.

Cuz lol if so. It aint worth it.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

The cocaine was in an apartment he was renting out. It's not like they just forgot to get a warrant for the dude's drug attic.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Victor Vermis posted:

https://apnews.com/a778b5459c2889e2b7446fb1c1d54dda

Dude was on federal supervision for cocaine trafficking when cops pulled 17 kilos out of his property. I suspect he will be incarcerated for months again soon enough.

Cop should've gave less of a poo poo. I wonder if the warrant excluding the 3rd floor/decision to search it, knowingly or otherwise, was on him or if he was going all ENDS JUSTIFIES THE MEANS to fix someone else's gently caress up.

Cuz lol if so. It aint worth it.

Lmao, look at this defense of literal crimes that incarcerate a person wrongfully because of the war on drugs and cop apologia.

The Bad Apple Defender is online.

I value the 4a, but that’s only because I kinda like America despite its flaws.

Urzza
Sep 8, 2007
Rippen off MTG since 2002

mlmp08 posted:

Lmao, look at this defense of literal crimes that incarcerate a person wrongfully because of the war on drugs and cop apologia.

The Bad Apple Defender is online.

I value the 4a, but that’s only because I kinda like America despite its flaws.

How can you read this as a defense of his actions in any way?

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

Happy Holidays everybody!

Urzza posted:

How can you read this as a defense of his actions in any way?

Because it’s VV saying the victim deserved it and will probably be back in jail anyways

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Internet Wizard posted:

Happy Holidays everybody!

I threw up a little. Hope these 2 cops get to experience being homeless at some point.