Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Bacon Terrorist posted:

What club was that supposed to be at again?

Didnt they all have to shout 'sheepdog' too?

Romford

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Good stuff on football weekly. Wilson says that jordan ayew has the worst talent to brain ratio in history and max says "are you the opposite of that".

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jippa posted:

Good stuff on football weekly. Wilson says that jordan ayew has the worst talent to brain ratio in history and max says "are you the opposite of that".

And Barry's back ffs

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I just listened to the latest football weekly and not only had they never heard "OK boomer" before, they literally didn't know what a boomer is and had to look it up. Lmao in what bubble do these people live

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

oliwan posted:

Lmao in what bubble do these people live

The United Kingdom, and/or the sports desk. Would’ve thought people at The Guardian would have heard the phrase but lord knows.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
Boomer is very much an American term in this sense, tho yeah we do have baby boomers. Sorry they didn't know your favourite meme of 2019 i guess \o/

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

:allears:

oliwan posted:

I just listened to the latest football weekly and not only had they never heard "OK boomer" before, they literally didn't know what a boomer is and had to look it up. Lmao in what bubble do these people live

i dont think max spends much time reading memes on the internet sadly

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
It's an "extremely online" term.

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

lots of teens use the phrase, though I don't think they really care what a boomer is. Don't think its extremely online

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

oliwan posted:

One you don’t exist in which makes me very envious of them

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

Sworn to dedicate my heart and soul to the restoration of human kind!

They live in the UK Journalist bubble, where retweets aren't endorsements, Jeremy Corbyn is an anti-semite, and kids these days have it so good with cheap iPhones and avocado toast

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

an_mutt posted:

They live in the UK Journalist bubble, where retweets aren't endorsements, Jeremy Corbyn is an anti-semite, and kids these days have it so good with cheap iPhones and avocado toast

Worse, the Guardian centrist UK journalist bubble, where all the above applies and they sound very sensible when pontificating over such things.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
It's not even that, they're men in their forties and older, they just aren't that in touch with the zeitgeist. They routinely rib the one guest who wears ankle socks as some crazy whippersnapper and I wear ankle socks as a fat 33 year old, I wouldn't consider myself young and hip. Remember Barry routinely takes a week off to go and sit in the pub, not surf social media for the freshest memes.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

an_mutt posted:

Bundy posted:

Worse, the Guardian centrist UK journalist bubble, where all the above applies and they sound very sensible when pontificating over such things.

yeah it really is this. and of course max plays the clarinet. lol.

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

Sworn to dedicate my heart and soul to the restoration of human kind!

I actually like Max but they need to get literally anybody else in the Guardian buildings to host episodes where serious racism incidents are discussed. Their "special" on the Bulgaria vs. England game, with him trying to be more serious, was the podcasting equivalent to Gunnersaurus joining in for a minute's silence.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Remember Barry routinely takes a week off to go and sit in the pub, not surf social media for the freshest memes.

That time Barry went to Malta on holidays and apparently spent most of it in an Irish pub watching the darts

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

an_mutt posted:

I actually like Max but they need to get literally anybody else in the Guardian buildings to host episodes where serious racism incidents are discussed. Their "special" on the Bulgaria vs. England game, with him trying to be more serious, was the podcasting equivalent to Gunnersaurus joining in for a minute's silence.

Why? He’s clearly educated, has the same philosophy as the guardian and can mediate a conversation between guests well

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

webmeister posted:

That time Barry went to Malta on holidays and apparently spent most of it in an Irish pub watching the darts

Classic Baz

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
I really wish they would stop saying on FW that it's a bad thing that every game in a round is televised. It's not a bad thing just because they have to watch loads of games for work.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

i'm still mad at james richardson for leaving FW. the totally football show is terrible and FW is mediocre at best. barry and the lack of any other decent podcasts is the reason i'm still listening

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
just a big lol at max' lament over cancel culture and how it is destroying society. just lmao

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

oliwan posted:

just a big lol at max' lament over cancel culture and how it is destroying society. just lmao

yeah it was embarrassing.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Gary Neville laying into the ownership on his podcast apparently.

https://twitter.com/utdxtra/status/1219034763870326785

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
https://twitter.com/jarlath/status/1222637488554024962

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
who the hell asked for a gary neville podcast

Myssu
Sep 19, 2012

Surprisingly honest interview of Michael Owen on Jamie Carragher's podcast.

https://audioboom.com/posts/7496613-michael-owen

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Myssu posted:

Surprisingly honest interview of Michael Owen on Jamie Carragher's podcast.

https://audioboom.com/posts/7496613-michael-owen

Is it interesting enough to push through listening to Michael Owen talk about literally anything?

Myssu
Sep 19, 2012

Bundy posted:

Is it interesting enough to push through listening to Michael Owen talk about literally anything?

He is undoubtedly a very boring man, although maybe he's a little more animated than normal because he's talking primarily about his favourite topic (himself). A highlight was how bitter he is about his legacy of being unloved everywhere, but I found it pretty interesting throughout. Obviously, it leans a bit Liverpool, so your mileage may vary.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Eau de MacGowan posted:

who the hell asked for a gary neville podcast

ninpo

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Hahaha

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Crouch doing impressions of players from various european countries getting tackled is one of the best bits of football podcasting ever. Starts at about 30m 30s in this weeks episode.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Myssu posted:

He is undoubtedly a very boring man, although maybe he's a little more animated than normal because he's talking primarily about his favourite topic (himself). A highlight was how bitter he is about his legacy of being unloved everywhere, but I found it pretty interesting throughout. Obviously, it leans a bit Liverpool, so your mileage may vary.
I grew up idolising Owen at Liverpool and I absolutely can't stand him as a pundit, but I was quite surprised how much I enjoyed listening to that. Cheers.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
The Owen pod was a good listen. Carragher is a pain for asking a question and then interrupting himself halfway though.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
lol

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

:discourse: cor Luke savagery

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

My favourite part about football weekly is listening to the dulcet whistling of someone’s breathing

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

ZeeBoi posted:

My favourite part about football weekly is listening to the dulcet whistling of someone’s breathing

it’s the fat neckbeard lars

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

RideTheSpiral posted:

it’s the fat neckbeard lars

Hi Lars!!

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

ffs I even phrased it in such a clumsy manner to avoid this kind of poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU