Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Poes ex girlfriend was pretty hot on that outfit though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salem Saberhagen
Feb 23, 2009

HardDiskD posted:

Poes ex girlfriend was pretty hot on that outfit though

She looked like the rocketeer knocked up the pink power ranger. And her name is Zorii Bliss... ZORII BLISS! What a dumb name. OH GAWD I'M HAVIN A MELTDOWN ABOUT STAH WAHS!

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
“I’m just so tired of all these Star Wars” is now an autocomplete phrase on my phone.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
I'm glad it was established that Force ghosts can physically gently caress, but I don't know if a half-hour long graphic sexual orgy was strictly necessary from a narrative standpoint. Thematically I enjoyed that the good ghosts are blue and the bad ones are red and an interesting twist that the good ghosts shot red cum, but the bad ones shot blue. It is like yin and yang.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I think Disney or someone with funds ought to buy up Rocket Robin Hood IP (can't be worth more than a few nickels) and make a nice big budget movie out of it.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Mooey Cow posted:

I'm glad it was established that Force ghosts can physically gently caress, but I don't know if a half-hour long graphic sexual orgy was strictly necessary from a narrative standpoint. Thematically I enjoyed that the good ghosts are blue and the bad ones are red and an interesting twist that the good ghosts shot red cum, but the bad ones shot blue. It is like yin and yang.

The bad guys shoot green cum you scrub

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Mooey Cow posted:

It's called show don't tell bitch

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Yeah but did they really have to show us Yodas uncles running train on some horny Sith ghost bristling with spikes for 15 minutes? I would be willing to settle for one line of dialogue, " Woah, did you see Yodas uncles running train on some horny Sith ghost next door? Let's not go there!"

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:
Ok scenario time. I'm Bib Fortuna.

"De waneh my wanga..."

*Disrobes*

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

I put on my Jedi robe and Mandalorian helmet

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Jedi on the streets, Sith in the sheets

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:
*strokes Jabba the Hutt's tail furiously while choking him with my own slave chains while Salacious Crumb stimulates his prostates*

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Sourdough Sam posted:

*strokes Jabba the Hutt's tail furiously while choking him with my own slave chains while Salacious Crumb stimulates his prostates*

god drat

Dean of Swing
Feb 22, 2012
Rewatching the Force Awakens. Its amazing how on the first try they made a fun, comprehendible space adventure without front loading any expository jump cuts. You would think they could do that again.

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.
The Dark Crystal was dope as hell. I hope Deet's okay :ohdear:

feller
Jul 5, 2006

I think part of the problem with TFA is they didn't do any kind of exposition loading.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

You're just saying it doesn't look good. That's just lovely film-making (another point against movies). The six-million dollar man figured out how to make that poo poo cool, on a tv budget, in the 60's (edit) 70's. You just slow down the camera and make a cool loving sound. Or that X-men movie scene where the fucker runs really fast. Also there are tons of loving animated scenes of superman racing the flash that are fine. Movies, as a medium to tell stories, don't have the chops to be entertaining to you Amateur movie-watchers any more.

The precedent is not in Star Wars films. The precedent is in your Amateur movie-watcher culture. Like remember when the Die Hard(Bruce Williace) launched a loving car to blow up a helicopter he leveled up his movie explosions skills. It was awesome, except to you amateur Movie-watchers. You are like people who drink liters of coke a day. You have so much sugar in your system that if you wanna feel something at 3 am in the morning you have chug a monster energy drink. That's why instead of one planet being blown up in the Seventh movie three had to be blown up. Then in the Tenth movie they are gonna blow up a whole loving universe.

If movies keep being made, it's eventually going to be the Fast and Furious with mutant powers fighting space Thanos with like 100 floating light sabers. Star Wars fans will be like "YEAAAH!" then buy all the toys. Basic people who don't watch as much movies will be like "YEAAAH!" While Pro movie-watchers will be like "well it is absurd, but it takes the iconic items of earlier Star Wars movies to their natural end point. In such a manner you just have to laugh and go "YEEEEEAH!"

While you amateur movie-watches will sit and sulk and be all, "That sucks because it's not realistic enough for my snobbish taste."

nice style but you cannot defeat me with these amateur moves as I have the high ground

Edit: Seriously eat poo poo

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

Dog Kisser posted:

Saw it, it was acceptable, probably not the worst movie in the entire series. It DESPERATELY needed an editor to cut like half an hour out of it, but throughout the whole new trilogy I really dug the Rey/Kylo dynamic. The confrontation in his quarters/down in the snowy slums was really interestingly shot, with the fragments of either place raining down from the blows.

Did you dig the kiss too?

revwinnebago
Oct 4, 2017

Only because I think this is something people semi-unironically believe somewhere out there in the world, let's do a word replace test.

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

You're just saying owning slaves doesn't feel good. That's just lovely slave-owning.

Like remember on TV when the slave-owner was whipping Kunta Kinte and telling him his name was Toby. It was awesome, except to you amateur slave-owners. You are like people who drink pitchers of lemonade a day. You have so much sugar in your system that if you wanna feel something past midnight you have to brew tea. That's why instead of one slave being beaten up in the Seventh movie three had to be beaten. Then in the Tenth movie they are gonna beat the entire population of Africa.

If movies keep being made, it's eventually going to be space Amistad with mutant powers fighting space KKK with like 100 nooses. Slavery fans will be like "YEAAAH!" then buy all the slave chains. Basic people who don't own slaves will be like "YEAAAH!" While Pro slave-owners will be like "well it is absurd, but it takes the iconic items of earlier slave beatings to their natural end point. In such a manner you just have to laugh and go "YEEEEEAH!"

While you amateur slave-owners will sit and sulk and be all, "slavery is still morally wrong regardless of how many idiots practice it, gently caress all of you."

It's like back when Transformers was coming out. Everyone was all, well if you hate this then you'll just have to stop going to the theaters, because this what movies are like now.

...so I stay my rear end home. And my life is amazing thanks.

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

revwinnebago posted:

Only because I think this is something people semi-unironically believe somewhere out there in the world, let's do a word replace test.

It's like back when Transformers was coming out. Everyone was all, well if you hate this then you'll just have to stop going to the theaters, because this what movies are like now.

Between Netflix and YouTube I never go to the theaters anymore unless one of my good taste-having friends wants to go see something together. My life is also significantly better for this.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
I read a whole shitload of this thread, but couldn't be hosed with all of it, has anyone mentioned Chewie getting his loving lovely medal at last?!

So, Leia had it all this time? So either, she didn't want Chewie to have it, but everyone knew he really wanted it, or she made clear that he was only to get it when she was dead, which implies she didn't think he deserved it for ANY of the poo poo he did while she was alive. Either way, kinda paints her as a HUGE rear end in a top hat? I get that it's just fanservice bullshit,,but, it 'does' happen in the movie, it has to be internally consistent, surely?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Wow that was really really bad, like audaciously bad

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

revwinnebago posted:

you know you couldve just replied with laughter

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Colonel Cancer posted:

Jedi on the streets, Sith in the sheets

Yeah because you're bad lol

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Dapper_Swindler posted:

its in a desperate hope some perfomative woke act will buy them good will/clickbait even though the scene is shot so it can be cut/edited out easy.

lol I felt super cynical at the time, but this is what my first thought was when I saw that 1 second scene

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

I do like this new future where all the movies will appeal to our Chinese overlords of which majority will be owned by Disney.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I still haven’t seen it :smug:

Celebrating the release of episode IX by downloading the de-specialized edition of episode IV

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Dapper_Swindler posted:

its in a desperate hope some perfomative woke act will buy them good will/clickbait even though the scene is shot so it can be cut/edited out easy.

If I ever make a movie Imma make the gay guys’ kiss a load bearing-scene.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

halokiller posted:

I do like this new future where all the movies will appeal to our Chinese overlords of which majority will be owned by Disney.

Is lesbian banned in China?

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...
So while we were all having our bitching contest, it turns out this movie's actually doing pretty well all things considered. Then you have The Mandolorian being a pop culture phenomenon. The brand is strong with this one, guys.

We got a trilogy of "JJ Abrams & Friends Pay Tribute to Star Wars" which most people found some part of it to like, and if you didn't like any of it, well good news, it's over! The slate's clear to fling all kinds of crazy new Star Wars poo poo on the wall and see what sticks. Some (most) of it won't be great, and that's fine because these things will no longer have to try be all things to all Star Wars fans and even if you're like me and you're not particularly interested in any of these wacky new endeavors, you can easiy ignore these just like I ignored the entire EU all those years.

I admitted earlier it's fun to complain about this movie and Star Wars in general, but sometimes it's good to remind ourselves that things are not actually all that bad?

Well, I guess there's the possibility they decide to plunge right ahead with "Star Wars Episode X: There's Always a Bigger Fish" and try to 'overcorrect' whatever they think might have been missing in the past few mainline entries, but of course they would never do that, right? Right?!

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

SidneyIsTheKiller posted:

I admitted earlier it's fun to complain about this movie and Star Wars in general, but sometimes it's good to remind ourselves that things are not actually all that bad?
what's bad? these things being lovely franchise movies that still make money every time was always the absolute worst case scenario, there's nothing else at stake. it was never going to actually die lol.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

!Klams posted:

I read a whole shitload of this thread, but couldn't be hosed with all of it, has anyone mentioned Chewie getting his loving lovely medal at last?!

So, Leia had it all this time? So either, she didn't want Chewie to have it, but everyone knew he really wanted it, or she made clear that he was only to get it when she was dead, which implies she didn't think he deserved it for ANY of the poo poo he did while she was alive. Either way, kinda paints her as a HUGE rear end in a top hat? I get that it's just fanservice bullshit,,but, it 'does' happen in the movie, it has to be internally consistent, surely?

Chewie didn't have a medal at the end of ANH because Carrie Fisher was tiny and what's-his-name is very tall. That's all there is to it.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
What's bad is Disney is never going to make a good movie again in our lifetime.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
... until they release [checks notes] Indiana Jones 5 in 2021

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

To be honest I don't even remember chewie getting the medal in this movie.

I'm now thinking about making a list of things I do remember happening in this movie. Hmm

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Applewhite posted:

What's bad is Disney is never going to make a good movie again in our lifetime.

Until they make the cantina band spinoff in 2024.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

HardDiskD posted:

To be honest I don't even remember chewie getting the medal in this movie.

I'm now thinking about making a list of things I do remember happening in this movie. Hmm

- title crawl
- a sword but with a beam of light as the blade
- a sandworm (also known as Shai'Halud)
- han solo status: still dead, but not as dead as before?

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I am getting more enjoyment out of the giant pile of Dr. Aphra comics I picked up for a quarter a pop from the comic shop across the street going out of business than I did from ROS.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I don't think that "Emporer's Radio Broadcast" was mentioned outside of the title crawl and when they announce that he's alive people react like they're hearing about it for the first time. I have a suspicion it was first and foremost a marketing tie-in with Fortnite that got shoehorned into the movie's opening text.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did enjoy how the Emporer just gets uglier when he's at full health. At first I thought Ian McDiarmid was just sick of putting on the makeup and refused to do it (and Abrams was like "I'm sure if we just keep it dark no one will notice lol") so it was a pleasant surprise.

Also, if we go by the way "cheating death" is described in Episode III - "keep people from dying" - I love how the implication is that even though he was kept in one piece, ol' Palps had to live through being thrown into the Death Star's core.

The Emporer residing in the energy core of the Death Star: "AAAAUUGGHGHH! THE PAIN! MAKE IT STOP! THE PAAAAIIIIINN!!!"

*Millennium Falcon comes in and blasts the core*

"Ohhhh FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU------"

"AAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUAAAAUUUGGGHHH!!!!