Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Hey now, no one said Royalty was morally good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Hey now, no one said Royalty was morally good.

Oh of course, it's just that it keeps getting conflated with good in the fandom sometimes. The only people who I know of to have Royalty in The Elder Scrolls are Vivec (conniving rear end in a top hat and serial rapist who murdered his friend for power) and Tiber Septim (ruthless imperialist, sent a robot that breaks time to crush the high elves that still shows up to attack them since it broke time, turned Cyrodiil from an interesting place described as China but with the Romans running it into Lord of the Rings-land), it's not a moral thing, it's a path to power. Sure, power is needed to topple the Seven and break their hold on the multiverse, but it's also correct for White Chain to be reasonably worried that Alison continually fails to think ahead or consider the fallout of what she does. It's a bit hypocritical, certainly, since they are working for another rear end in a top hat who has foresight but uses it to envision a Throne emptied of mortals, but eh, hypocrisy is such a trifling thing.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
I didn't actually finish the comic that won. I had some trouble following it and got bored. Maybe the parts I didn't read were really good, I don't know. Still looking forward to the final fight though, a lot.

I just want to see the continuation of Fei's comic, drat it, I want a Fei vs Raakshi or Fei vs. JK match and I hope you make it, 3, and post it even if it doesn't "count".

Edit: I've only just discovered the wild world of all the fanart this fanart competition has generated. I think I'm gonna have to go back and reread a bunch of the old ones I missed, too. Who is TKG? People keep mentioning that in the discord as a good one.

Ring of Power is/was very cool, I wonder if there are places where stuff like this happens more often. I'd love to get in on something like this.

GlyphGryph fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Dec 30, 2019

pitsquid
Dec 21, 2019
TKG (formerly Writ) was a character that didn't make it into the 64 contestants but was nonetheless very popular. She wound up winning the spin-off OCT, Ring of Worms, comprised of other competitors who didn't make it in (and some early Ring of Power eliminations).

EDIT: I read through the comics and realised they're quite hard to follow without context of the rounds, owing to highly specific gimmicks, so I've elaborated on them a bit. Also I missed posting Hydra's original intro comic which is also needed to understand Writ's deal.

Intro https://imgur.com/a/xdfVCOw
R1 https://imgur.com/a/6aRxje0 no gimmick
R2 https://imgur.com/a/2qYMf9s gimmick: break your opponent's teacup to win
R3 https://imgur.com/a/bDVVcUV gimmick: Gog-agog is coming for you. Survive
R4 https://imgur.com/a/pRQp3kp gimmick: comic must include magic mirrors, one eliminated contestant and it's a 1v1v1 (???)
R5 https://imgur.com/a/F1mPQtL gimmick: Gog has thrown a ball. Another 1v1v1

Also, hello everyone. I wrote The Jolly King and found this thread a few days ago. Thank you all so much for your positive comments! I had a blast.

pitsquid fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Dec 30, 2019

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

SunAndSpring posted:

drat y'all enter a martial arts tournaments and aren't willing to cull the weak and slay them, hosed up. Alicio is over here slaughtering every loving being in the ring and would probably have killed a couple dozen bystanders had Salami Dave not specifically foreseen furious dumbass poo poo threatening civilians and put up a shield (but remember White Chain is a jerk for being upset with this because clearly they need to scroll down to interpret the lore to understand that this is good), but apparently everyone's like "oh I hate killing, let's all be pals".

There were any number of bloodbaths in the ROP. And to be clear, Shysterling absolutely deserved their spot in the semis given the quality of their comic in the Quiet round.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

pitsquid posted:

Also, hello everyone. I wrote The Jolly King and found this thread a few days ago. Thank you all so much for your positive comments! I had a blast.

I loved The Jolly King. He sacrificed so much for his subjects!

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Oh man, awesome. Thank you for the links, and thank you for the Jolly King!

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

pitsquid posted:

TKG (formerly Writ) was a character that didn't make it into the 64 contestants but was nonetheless very popular. She wound up winning the spin-off OCT, Ring of Worms, comprised of other competitors who didn't make it in (and some early Ring of Power eliminations).
R1 https://imgur.com/a/6aRxje0
R2 https://imgur.com/a/2qYMf9s
R3 https://imgur.com/a/bDVVcUV
R4 https://imgur.com/a/pRQp3kp
R5 https://imgur.com/a/F1mPQtL

Your big, gross bastard was one of my favorites though my heart will always belong to Subject with a Gun.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
Anyone have a higher quality version of Effie's prologue? I cannot read the dialogue.

Edit: nevermind I think my phone was compressing the image for some reason, as the laptop views it fine.

thechosenone fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Dec 31, 2019

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

GlyphGryph posted:

Oh man, awesome. Thank you for the links, and thank you for the Jolly King!

yeah the Jolly King is a super great side character

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

habeasdorkus posted:

There were any number of bloodbaths in the ROP. And to be clear, Shysterling absolutely deserved their spot in the semis given the quality of their comic in the Quiet round.

Ah ok, good, I retract my statement but do maintain that sparing your foes is shonen anime trickery that does not belong in a proper martial arts tournament arc

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SunAndSpring posted:

Alicio is over here slaughtering every loving being in the ring and would probably have killed a couple dozen bystanders had Salami Dave not specifically foreseen furious dumbass poo poo threatening civilians and put up a shield

im pretty certain, at the least, that allicio is aware of the barrier and would be much more evenhanded if it werent there

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Personally, while I think there's more to success in this world than 'furious dumbassery' I also think that Allison is being a lot more reasonable than White Chain is admitting. Zoss has been giving her pointers on how to be the Rising King, after all, and more than that: Allison is taking the opportunity that seems to exist to do some good. Meanwhile White Chain is being incredibly unreasonable insofar as they're working with the absolutely biocidal fascist angel faction whose leader is dead but dreaming.

Which is why I hope New Angel here is going to tell White Chain about the difference between 'pursuing justice and law' and 'being a fascist's stooge.' I liked White Chain best when they were trying to balance the law and heroism, rather than being a budget Thorn Knight, and I'd be really disappointed in them if they actually sided with the measured but fascist-sympathetic Michael over the admittedly impetuous but clearly well-intentioned Allison.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Joe Slowboat posted:

[...]they're working with the absolutely biocidal fascist angel faction whose leader is dead but dreaming.

Friend have I got news for you.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

METATRON

LIVES

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
yeah can I get a fuckin uhhhhhhhhhh metatron lives

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Metatron lives, but has processed their trauma in an extremely unhealthy way, for both themselves and for the 777,777 worlds.

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

One of the best single panels in a comic filled to the brim, overflowing with badass panels.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

ok yeah i walked into that one

that being said, glory to the new flesh

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES
Yo what's Allison's demon kill count now? Eagerly awaiting the six billionth and I think she got a lot just now.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Pyrus Malus posted:

Yo what's Allison's demon kill count now? Eagerly awaiting the six billionth and I think she got a lot just now.

0, she's like Kiryu in Yakuza. Every single one of those demons were just knocked out or cut in a non-vital place, and now they learned their lesson and are begrudgingly friends or sacrificed themselves for justice

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Pyrus Malus posted:

AFAIK it hasn't been updated since this time (pay attention to the hover-text).

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Pah, we can't expect Operant to do it for us. The count, the count! Mind the count!

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
I’m dumb but my iPhone just updated the other day and now it turns out they changed the way to view hover text and now I can’t.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

M_Gargantua posted:

I’m dumb but my iPhone just updated the other day and now it turns out they changed the way to view hover text and now I can’t.

Long press / force touch still works for me, the current is just "Hubris".

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

pseudorandom name posted:

Long press / force touch still works for me, the current is just "Hubris".

I can’t seem to get it to work on an image that is also a link, like all previous pages. It just shows the link

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Oh, yeah, since they abandoned 3D Touch and half-assedly merged long press and 3D Touch together, you're now getting the 3D Touch behavior. And that peeks the link target instead of displaying the image options and alt text.

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender
Update

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1212565101326348289

yep as predicted looks like dude is trying to stop white chain (except allison earthbends him away)

eke out fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Jan 2, 2020

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Yeah that extremely seems like not what he had in mind when he scolded White Chain.

Kei Technical
Sep 20, 2011
New strip is up: https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1212565101326348289

White chain hanging in at C/F/SS+!+!

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

top 10 anime betrayals

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Bongo Bill posted:

top 10 anime betrayals

that's literally the alt-text

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

So the dudes that fell didn't just burn to death, huh.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

flatluigi posted:

that's literally the alt-text

that's why I posted it

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Is White Chain more anime than Allison?

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013