Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Is it going to be 80k in the KV-3 to get to the IS-2-II?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Tier 7 to 8 final jump is usually between 70-90k, I think i bank 90 total to be safe.

Also, the Lancen as well as the T10 med are surprisingly enjoyable if anyone was curious about that line.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

BadLlama posted:

Anyone seen my team?

This is actually impressive. I thought I'd been in some bad teams, I can't remember one this bad though. It's hard to imagine how it is even possible for so many people to die with 0 damage and the rest to only hit something a single time.

Edit: actually it seems the vk2001 hit 2 things due to having 2 kills somehow. Everyone else bar you literally either hit nothing at all, or hit 1 (single) thing.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe

Dravs posted:

This is actually impressive. I thought I'd been in some bad teams, I can't remember one this bad though. It's hard to imagine how it is even possible for so many people to die with 0 damage and the rest to only hit something a single time.

Edit: actually it seems the vk2001 hit 2 things due to having 2 kills somehow. Everyone else bar you literally either hit nothing at all, or hit 1 (single) thing.

It's easy, just clone me... ;)

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

loving hell.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
thats hardcore

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

BadLlama posted:

Anyone seen my team?

overlooked this at first - [4HIM4]

Excellent names so far, anonymizer.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

Hellsau posted:

Excellent names so far, anonymizer.

They really tested it well!

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
wow

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

didn't someone post one that started with Jew?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Captain Blaargh posted:

that is not a good name, anonymizer

Fat Jesus posted:

I think there was a BearJew, which is an Inglourious Basterds reference.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Fat Jesus posted:

yeah I heard that but I'm not sure about it, I shot one there and didn't pen, maybe my aim was off and I got penned twice in mine thru the turret next to the guns and I've been shooting other DP's that exact spot and have yet to pen one there so I'm all wtf atm. I want to get another goon of two to go into some training map where we can shoot hot loads over each others faces

About a week ago I posted a screenshot showing that the mantlet was indeed like <200 or something pennable at its tier, if you want to go back and try to find it. Tanks.gg still doesn't have an accurate armor model but the in-game one (with the mod) is apparently correct, as Skill mentioned as much in a recent video.

Hellsau posted:

+/-25% RNG on penetration is the loving worst design mistake Wargaming made.

That much RNG is terrible in every aspect of the game: the shot dispersion, penetration, and damage. There's absolutely no reason that skill should be removed from the game by RNG providing that effect due to excessive randomization. (Or you know what I'm trying to say.)

VideoGames posted:

Please do not post like this, thank you.

I'm assuming that you get an alert when people use words like "gay" and "c-spam mod," but just to let you know he's making a reference to the fact that our goon clan, PANSY, is this game's premiere LGBTQ clan. :toot:

BadLlama posted:

Anyone seen my team?

The coveted, "my team was so bad I literally outdamaged all 14 other players [and it wasn't even close]"! :stare:

Mesadoram posted:

Double barrel tank info: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0U2aFRf_Mg

Edit: So I had 80K XP saved up in the KV-3. It's gone now because I used it up as free XP.

gently caress my life.

You definitely have to beware when converting to free XP, because even though it greys out tanks that were elite but now have more researchable components to warn you, there are no such indicators for banked XP for future researchable tanks.

Also, from that video and the referenced article:

This image (whose filename, "skrinshoty dvukhstvolnogo" apparently translates to "double-barreled screenshots" :3:) gives me strong :gritty: vibes:

Anyone think they could do a little work in Photoshop to make a GrittyTank or something?

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Is it going to be 80k in the KV-3 to get to the IS-2-II?

I posted about this a month or two ago. Basically, the XP is highly variable (depending on total XP up the line but also the modules in the way) but to be safe bank like 80-100k and that should cover it (I think the range at tier 7-9 was potentially 60-120k IIRC.)

Captain Blaargh posted:

Hey that was my nickname in high school! :razz:

Fat Jesus posted:

Yeah, that was me. It was the "Bear Jew" Inglorious Basterds reference, which isn't even necessarily offensive, but was still kind of jarring given what we know about a large chunk of the game's playerbase and frankly also the chuds that walk among us now openly spewing antisemitism.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
"Okay, so we need to code a database for new screen names for the Anonymizer feature. Should we just force interns to copy words from a dictionary?"

"I have an idea! Let's have the client capture words said in the general chat that only the most horrible people type in, as well as banter between players in games, and make the new names from those!"

"Brilliant! Surely *that* would never bite us in the rear end!"

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Atomizer posted:

I'm assuming that you get an alert when people use words like "gay" and "c-spam mod," but just to let you know he's making a reference to the fact that our goon clan, PANSY, is this game's premiere LGBTQ clan. :toot:

Thank you! I did get a report in the forums but I had a strange feeling I had had a similar sounding discussion before about it and I thought if I posted in thread someone could let me know that I was wrong and explain again.

It is much appreciated! :) And I am very sorry to you BadLlama.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
The possibility of "Jew" going in the place of "Naturto" in that randomized string is non zero, I'd bet.

Unless they took the time to make sure that doesn't happen, which would shock me. :WARGAMING:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I could have sworn I remember that the anonymizer uses the names of deleted accounts or something...

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Mesadoram posted:

I could have sworn I remember that the anonymizer uses the names of deleted accounts or something...
Not deleted per se, more like having the account names wiped to "RenamedUser_xxxxxxx", but you're on the right line. We're still getting randomly-selected "dead" names. Spooky.

Captain Blaargh posted:

This is a fantastic display of WG incompetence.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

i think being randomly getting names like nazi_hitler_gasmachine_1942 is just peak WGing charm and should remain as a bonus feature for subscribers only.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
You guys get the best names. I only keep getting jarbled words with _2018 at the end of it.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Me and this WZ-111 shut down like 5 tanks on the west side of Erlenberg. This is our exchange after:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

It's always lovely when you have human beings on your team.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Hellsau posted:

It's always lovely when you have human beings on your team.

Seriously. I actually had a great set of games today. Noobmeter is apparently dead so I can't see the exact breakdown for today.

Lansen C is a great tank and the T8 medium udes is pretty fun as well.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

Mesadoram posted:

Lansen C is a great tank and the T8 medium udes is pretty fun as well.

Lansen C to me is a little hidden gem. It performs very well in FL provided you know the flanks and locations to be in the battle at the right time during crossfire. Plays exactly the same way in random battles.

Just kinda wish its as awesome as the Primo Victoria. I perform very well so far in the tank but I can see how it's not a super great fantastic tank. Maybe if it got the suspension as the medium and TD's it would be better.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Lancen C is a solid little fuckman, good tank.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

BadLlama posted:

Lancen C is a solid little fuckman, good tank.

It honestly reminds me of a T8 version of the 30b (the T9).

Katamari Democracy posted:

Lansen C to me is a little hidden gem. It performs very well in FL provided you know the flanks and locations to be in the battle at the right time during crossfire. Plays exactly the same way in random battles.

Not sure why we don't see more of them.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Mesadoram posted:

It honestly reminds me of a T8 version of the 30b (the T9).

Not sure why we don't see more of them.

Middling-to-meh initial impressions, I suppose. That and the constant gently caress-off bundle that WG lumps in on every goddamn tank they sell now.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
On a whim, I decided to grab 75 boxes despite not having played in about 6 months, because I figured it's still the best gold/premium for money value to stack up on for when I get the itch again, and I figured I'd get back into the game for a spell when the double-barreled tanks go live next year anyway.
My question now is: Did Wargaming massively increase the probability / value of the boxes this year? Because I can't remember getting this huge of a haul in the last two years.

I got the double-barrel, the E75-TS, some Bretagne Panther, five more lower-tier premiums, skins for the 140, 430U, JPE100, 62 days of premium, 55k gold, and - surprisingly - barely a lot of silver at all.
On top of that, I didn't just get the double-barrel once, but twice in 75 boxes.

Is this Wargaming's damage control for being accused of gambling in games, or what gives?

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

you got lucky, my 75 just got the progetto and all the lower tier tanks and skins, 26 or 28k gold and 45ish days of premium, then I bought 3 more boxes cause I needed another 1k gold and ended up with a double barrel so idk what to make of it

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

Middling-to-meh initial impressions, I suppose. That and the constant gently caress-off bundle that WG lumps in on every goddamn tank they sell now.

Sounds about right. I suppose it is good in a way, because a good player in this tank is a terror.

Edit:

So this game from yesterday was NOT a ace tanker. The gently caress are people doing in this tank...

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Dec 30, 2019

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
i know the renegade needs like 1500 base xp for an ace. udes 14 5 is about 1200 xp for the ace on the eu server atleast

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

this is what i get for reinstalling

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
try lower tiers its way way worse

batteries!
Aug 26, 2010

EU goons platoon with me, I'll hit at least 4 shots, leaving me in the top 10% of players

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Lol, what the gently caress is the 703 II even :lol:

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
Ask me about my love of genocide denial!
I cracked and burned through a lot of blueprints so I could skip the lovely French tier 8 AMX 65t. I am glad I did because once you get the turret on the M4 51 it is a beat, like the T29 but at tier 9. You can gently caress up and the hull sides aren't great but that turret front is made out of an alloy of stalinium and bullshit.

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

The 65t is only lovely if you let people see your hull or get the *upgraded* turret.

The stock turret has great armor, a smaller cupola, and the 100mm can pen most T9's rather easily with a fast reload.

Its not a great tank by any means, but its a lot better than a lot of people say IMO.

It's hull armor is completely useless for sure though, but so are a lot of Tier 7-9 tanks it seems.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

ROFLburger posted:

this is what i get for reinstalling

It's dynamic gameplay. You clearly were camping too hard.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

Duzzy Funlop posted:

"Fun and balanced gameplay"

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
why does it have such great armor compared to the is3?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Realtalk: a Soviet project abandoned almost immediately once the obvious drawbacks and difficulties that a double-gunned turret possess became clear. There's a good reason why nobody else went near the idea, the closest NATO equivalent being a West German casemate project I can't recall the name of right now.