Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

Parasite was the best movie of the year and it wasn't even close, and if you disagree then you have a different subjective opinion to mine :colbert:

Careful that sort of talk will get you shadow banned in CD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Parasite is the best movie from this year that I've seen so far but I've got a few more I want to knock off my list.

For a less serious movie though, I'd recommend Crawl. A college student's dad isn't responding in the face of a hurricane warning so she goes to check on him to evacuate him. She finds him injured in the basement, where he has been (and she quickly gets) trapped by a large alligator. It's a nice brisk 87 minutes of alligator and hurricane from there. It is pretty much the perfect type of this movie that could exist, and it is definitely the type of movie you'd expect it to be.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
Had a really bad anxiety attack on Christmas brought on by an excess of edibles. I seriously thought I was having a stroke. Woke up my roommate to call 911. They got there and determined that I wasn't having a stroke. Now I'm constantly anxious because I feel like all my minor aches and pains are symptoms of something serious even though it was nothing before.

I'm just constantly terrified that I'm having a heart attack everytime I feel a slight pain anywhere near my chest and I'm googling symptoms.

I just want to relax.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
That sounds like a normal reaction to a really bad episode; that sounds like that sucked balls man. Sorry.

I don’t have anxiety but I have a bad neck and every time I get a weird tingle or flare up of tension/tightness, I go on guard, and it can be exhausting. Vigilance is exhausting and also can make it feel harder not to have a problem.

It sounds like you know what the issue is and so probably that means you’re well on your way to solving it!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Yeah go easy on the edibles. My dumb rear end ate two homemade brownies in college and almost became a Buddhist monk.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Finished the main story of MGS: Peace Walker. It was alright, had some decent action, a very Kojima story but was obviously scaled back to fit on a portable device.

I was originally thinking of platinuming the game because it seemed doable but now see it requires a fuckton of grinding, and I've grown tired of the extra missions, especially the boss battles with tanks and other mechs. How does this series go from legit fantastic boss fights in all previous entries to such repetitive, boring garbage?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Just finished manalorian. Between that and fallen order it's good to know there is still some star wars I can enjoy. Now that I'm done that and the witcher I just gotta finish watchmen.

TOSS A COIN TO YOUR WITCHER

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Spikegal posted:

Just finished manalorian. Between that and fallen order it's good to know there is still some star wars I can enjoy. Now that I'm done that and the witcher I just gotta finish watchmen.

TOSS A COIN TO YOUR WITCHER

Toss a coin to your watchman
O dong of Manhattan

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
I thought Parasite was pretty good, not great, but then I'm the guy who thinks Babe 2 Pig In The City is one of the greatest movies ever made so what do I know

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Jerusalem posted:

Parasite was the best movie of the year and it wasn't even close, and if you disagree then you have a different subjective opinion to mine :colbert:

Knives Out. :colbert: :colbert:

Endgame was the best "event" movie. For its flaws, tying a bow around 10+ years of movies is a drat impressive feat.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Cats is bad because the most important and memorable part of Cats the musical is when the cats come into the audience. What they should have done was made individualized mini-movies for every potential viewer.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

CobiWann posted:

Knives Out. :colbert: :colbert:

I loved Knives Out, it think it was superb. But man, nothing beat Parasite for me, what an amazing movie. I always liked the director before but this time he just fired on all cylinders, even the misstep I thought he might be taking on the ending turned out to be a wonderful misdirection (the son seemingly solving everything only to reveal it was yet another "plan" all in his head, like his father warned him was just a way of making an excuse for never actually doing anything).

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Jerusalem posted:

I loved Knives Out, it think it was superb. But man, nothing beat Parasite for me, what an amazing movie. I always liked the director before but this time he just fired on all cylinders, even the misstep I thought he might be taking on the ending turned out to be a wonderful misdirection (the son seemingly solving everything only to reveal it was yet another "plan" all in his head, like his father warned him was just a way of making an excuse for never actually doing anything).

I'm going with Knives Out because, to borrow from you, the director was firing on all cylinders, the cast was acting their asses off (the hallway scene with Michael Shannon gave me loving chills), I was caught off guard when (they revealed the killer 1/3rd of the way through the movie and I was wondering how the hell they were going to move on from there)...

...but the kicker to me was the sheer joy I felt when my daughter turned to me during the credits and said "I couldn't figure it out! I had no idea what was going to happen!"

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Knives Out was a fun modern take on a really old-school genre and I can’t remember the last time I was just so happy watching a movie

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yeah I am a big murder mystery fan and Daniel Craig fan; Knives Out for me.

Parasite is truly good. I don’t have any complaints other than I don’t think it quite lives up to the hype; but it’s really well done

Midsommar is my movie of the year.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

What’s the worst movie to get nominated for best picture awards this year? My money is on Cats to get a GG nom somehow.

it's going to be Joker

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Bard Maddox posted:

it's going to be Joker

I was gonna post that but I thought it was too much of a lock.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

The big cinema chain here is doing a special 5 € movie tickets day next week and they have Cats on offer. I wonder if it's the satanic unedited version, because if it is, I think I'm gonna go

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Dec 31, 2019

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Happy New Year to my wrestlepals out East

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/miracleofsound/status/1211635793212645377

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

About to go to the movies alone so I can see Da Sand Man

https://youtu.be/39bejFPaKtw

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I picked up Original Sin 2 in the steam sale. I am really bad at tactical rpgs so probably a waste of money lol

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

It’s o nly 1.5 hours until the arbitrary number changes here

Hey. HEY. I wish each and every single one of you people, including YOU, a good as hell new year. I hope it’s cool and the world doesn’t explode

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

gently caress I love the smell of blackpowder in the air

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'm gonna go home and take a shower. that's my big new years adventure.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

NienNunb posted:

About to go to the movies alone so I can see Da Sand Man

https://youtu.be/39bejFPaKtw

Da Sand Man is back, baby!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

NienNunb posted:

Da Sand Man is back, baby!

I saw Star Wars and your cameo was quite good, Mr Nunb

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

We are encroaching on the year 2020 and I am scared and sad.
I am sad that I gaze everlong into the endtimes and people can only tell me "The end will come no matter, change the things you can control"
I am scared that people haven't learned poo poo coming into 2020 from 2016. The only silver lining was 'things have to get worse before they can get better'. I was unable to accept how much worse they will have to get. I am scared that I will not be able to survive in world or prosper in any sort of utopian ideal on this side of the veil or otherwise.
I am sad that I feel like I am shedding the last of my youth in 5.5 hours. Tomorrow is the next day of the rest of my life and the rest of my life involves being a 40+ year old man who is only going to get older.
I am scared that this is the decade where the script will flip and I will be the one who will have to take care of my mom. I love my mom to death and I do it gladly, but I don't know how well I can do it. I can barely take care of myself.
I am sad that the odds of me having a romantic partner compatible with me is looking bleaker and bleaker.
I am scared that nothing truly good will ever happen again.
I am sad that I was diagnosed with ASD (well, NVLD) in 2005, spent the last 15 years "working on me" and while I've made progress...I have this to show for it.
I am sad that almost everything that happens outside of this screen either bores, confuses or intimidates me.
Sorry, I'm usually immune to date-related symbolism but this one isn't going down easily.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

I saw Star Wars and your cameo was quite good, Mr Nunb

Lost my goddamn mind in the theater the first time I saw my dad Nien Nunb In The Force Awakens.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

extradite THIS! posted:

The big cinema chain here is doing a special 5 € movie tickets day next week and they have Cats on offer. I wonder if it's the satanic unedited version, because if it is, I think I'm gonna go

As far as the Cats thread in CD can tell there is no actual patched version, or if there is it's completely unnoticeable what they changed.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

tell me the switch games to buy that are worth it and not some stupid rear end poo poo!!! and nothing that's already on pc or fire emblem or pokemon or mario odyssey or xenoblade.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Nevermind I decided i'm going to buy a monitor maybe.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

No i'm going to finally get mario kart and then red dead 2 on pc. And one other game. Not sure what one

i better not make another post in a row but i can't decide what i'm gonna do so i'll probably just hold onto the $ for emergency

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Jan 1, 2020

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Happy New Year. I love you guys. I truly believe 2020 will kick rear end.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

New year

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

hny

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
happy new years to all of my friends at rowdy ringsports. i know we've been through a lot this year, but next year will be even better. i hope all of you find much happiness and love in this year of 2020. and for my enemies, i hope that you are trampled by horses

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

nyuuuuu

YYYEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

I recommend Into the Breach, Slay the Spire, Breath of the Wild, and Steamworld Heist as Super Quality AAA+++ games on the switch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Happy New Years, PSP. I hope in 2020 everyone's life becomes as happy and fun as mine, unless it's already better than mine, in which case I hope it stays that way instead!