Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

jojoinnit posted:

I wake up to almost 5 hours of blessed content today! :ck5:

Could someone spoil the announcement in The Mandelorian for me? I've been holding off listening to them until I get around to watching the Mandelorian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thedangergroove
Nov 14, 2004
Long for karate day.

Iron Crowned posted:

Could someone spoil the announcement in The Mandelorian for me? I've been holding off listening to them until I get around to watching the Mandelorian.

A Star Trek: Picard recap series "Makin' It So" is coming in January at the same Patreon level as Mando Halfo.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
Makin' It So sounds like a 90s sitcom I would have totally watched.

They should have called the Mandalorian show Fandalorian.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:
I was going through last years episodes and somehow missed the venom one. The line "logan Paul innocently dabbing in the suicide forest" made me laugh so hard I cried.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Adam Sandler Apartheid absolutely killed me. Just rip me.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

B-Rock452 posted:

I was going through last years episodes and somehow missed the venom one. The line "logan Paul innocently dabbing in the suicide forest" made me laugh so hard I cried.

Lmao I forgot about that one.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

thedangergroove posted:

A Star Trek: Picard recap series "Makin' It So" is coming in January at the same Patreon level as Mando Halfo.

Oh gently caress, then I actually hope Picard is a good show, because everything I've read about sounds like a trainwreck. I only watched the first season of Discovery and I can barely remember what happened there.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

GoutPatrol posted:

Oh gently caress, then I actually hope Picard is a good show, because everything I've read about sounds like a trainwreck. I only watched the first season of Discovery and I can barely remember what happened there.

I haven’t read anything about Picard and have only seen the trailers. Are you talking reviews on the quality or behind the scenes problems?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

thrawn527 posted:

I haven’t read anything about Picard and have only seen the trailers. Are you talking reviews on the quality or behind the scenes problems?

Behind the scenes stuff, I don't think anyone has seen actual episodes yet.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

https://twitter.com/ericszyszka/status/1212867232306532352?s=20

:getin:

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

I know they said they were gonna do an on screen, but I hope it made to worst of 2019.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
andrew tweeted that he liked it so that won't happen unfortunately

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Marin Karin posted:

WTF is wrong with you Andrew.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
It's ok to like a movie :v:

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

The hosts just like Star Wars in general. The movie's not perfect but it is very, very Star Warsy and that's OK.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Marin Karin posted:

I've noticed a phenomenon with people who see TROS where they come out going "that was alright" and then start to dislike it more the more they think about it.

Disclaimer: I was one of those people

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

The Vosgian Beast posted:

I've noticed a phenomenon with people who see TROS where they come out going "that was alright" and then start to dislike it more the more they think about it.

I think that's just star wars in general, save for the first two.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
while i dread the next few pages of this thread, i'm still very ready to be #teamcabin this on-screen.

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

How to cock it up, Fig. I

Oh man I am so excited for the Picard pod

https://twitter.com/therealsobreiro/status/1212809964160503810

Look at that art. Felipe normally does their poster art right? So pumped!

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Big Daddy Dispatch is out!
Episode 462 — Hellboy (2019)

Episode 463 — Angel Has Fallen

Episode 464 — Terminator: Dark Fate

Episode 465 — Hobbes and Shaw

Also one of the first two commentaries is going to be CATS, BABY

Harry Privates
Oct 10, 2007
Also

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood is the We Love Movies!

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Hobbs and Shaw over Rise of Skywalker? I feel a tweet brewing.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

GrandpaPants posted:

Hobbs and Shaw over Rise of Skywalker? I feel a tweet brewing.

Dude, I love most of the latter F&F movies for crazy dumb fun, but Hobbes and Shaw was loving awful. It's one of the rare movies I turned off before the end, because I just didn't care anymore. It's like any time they thought of a one liner for each character to throw at each other, they sat down and thought of 10 more for that very scene and included all of them. It's easily one of the worst movies of last year.

Rise of Skywalker was weird and crazy, but no where near as absolutely dreadful as that movie.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Please let's not turn this into the 1000th "let's hate on the new Star Wars (however legitimate some grievances are)" thread the forums has. Or at the very least, wait until the On-Screen is actually out.

Hyped as hell for Angel Has Fallen, for both Nick Nolte voice but also everything else. I've seen all three films in theaters and they rule.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Does it have any lines in it as awe-inspiring as "Why don't you boys pack up your poo poo and head back to Fuckheadistan?"

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Rise is also being released as an onscreen. I am pretty sure they will has done all the live action Star Wars at this point.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

bobkatt013 posted:

Rise is also being released as an onscreen. I am pretty sure they will has done all the live action Star Wars at this point.

Yes.

Star Wars (1977) - Episode 393 - 12/7/18 - $5 level on Patreon (WLM)
Empire Strikes Back - Episode 458 - 12/13/19 - $5 level on Patreon (WLM)
Return of the Jedi - Episode 459 - 12/17/19 - main feeed (WLM)

The Star Wars Holiday Special - On Screen - 12/14/15 - main feed
The Ewok Adventure - Episode 24 - 9/20/11 (Archive only via Patreon)
Ewoks: Battle For Endor - Episode 33 - 11/22/11 (Archive) & 9/2/14 on main feed as a Summer Rerun

Phantom Menace - Episode 44 - 2/7/12 (Archive) & 9/1/15 on main feed as a Summer Rerun
Attack of the Clones - Episode 229 - 12/14/15 - main feed
Revenge of the Sith - Commentary - 12/10/15 & 11/21/19 at $8 level on Patreon

The Force Awakens - On-Screen - 12/22/15 - main feed
The Last Jedi - On-Screen - 12/18/17 - main feed
Rise of Skywalker - On-Screen - this weekend? - main feed

Rogue One - On-Screen - 12/22/16 - main feed
Solo - On-Screen - 5/31/18 - main feed

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Hockles posted:

Yes.

Star Wars (1977) - Episode 393 - 12/7/18 - $5 level on Patreon (WLM)
Empire Strikes Back - Episode 458 - 12/13/19 - $5 level on Patreon (WLM)
Return of the Jedi - Episode 459 - 12/17/19 - main feeed (WLM)

The Star Wars Holiday Special - On Screen - 12/14/15 - main feed
The Ewok Adventure - Episode 24 - 9/20/11 (Archive only via Patreon)
Ewoks: Battle For Endor - Episode 33 - 11/22/11 (Archive) & 9/2/14 on main feed as a Summer Rerun

Phantom Menace - Episode 44 - 2/7/12 (Archive) & 9/1/15 on main feed as a Summer Rerun
Attack of the Clones - Episode 229 - 12/14/15 - main feed
Revenge of the Sith - Commentary - 12/10/15 & 11/21/19 at $8 level on Patreon

The Force Awakens - On-Screen - 12/22/15 - main feed
The Last Jedi - On-Screen - 12/18/17 - main feed
Rise of Skywalker - On-Screen - this weekend? - main feed

Rogue One - On-Screen - 12/22/16 - main feed
Solo - On-Screen - 5/31/18 - main feed

Hey, thanks for this! I've been at the maximum tier for ages but didn't know they'd done all these cause honestly there's just too much content.

admataY
Oct 16, 2008
Angel have fallen is IN ! My wish from few pages ago have been fulfilled , but I hope the WHM crew make sure to record the episode well hydrated. all those Nolte impressions will kill their throat .

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
The rise of Skywalker On Screen is up on youtube

Andrew just said the movie was a bit of a dud

WHY BONER NOW fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Jan 6, 2020

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

thrawn527 posted:

Rise of Skywalker was weird and crazy, but no where near as absolutely dreadful as that movie.
To be fair though, they've cited their 'worst of 2019' is a bit of misnomer. It's the 'worst movies' they're willing to talk about.

RoS would have been fun especially since the current spread seems a bit samey.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

My Dislike/Like meter was swinging from -100 to +100 wildly for two and a half hours and rarely lingering anywhere else. I can't think of a single other movie where it did this.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Anyone tweeted at Sajdak that Palpatine's broadcast WAS heard, in a fortnite exclusive event?

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Listening to the on-screen and I have never sympathized with Chris Cabin's rage more.

Chomposaur
Feb 28, 2010

Calaveron posted:

Anyone tweeted at Sajdak that Palpatine's broadcast WAS heard, in a fortnite exclusive event?

I think it's a sign of how done I am with star wars that I know about this, and find the concept hilarious, but haven't even bothered to look it up on YouTube.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Listening to the on-screen and I have never sympathized with Chris Cabin's rage more.
:same:

It's totally a mess but I'm not even willing to give it a pass. It just felt rushed and sucked.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Cabin's guttural "UUUGGGHHHHH" when Steven said he had a Blue Milkshake made me smile so much.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Sounds like there should be a WHM/nerdcrew collaboration. Those guys sure were salty about a movie!

Sanzuo
May 7, 2007

Arson Daily posted:

Sounds like there should be a WHM/nerdcrew collaboration. Those guys sure were salty about a movie!

I think WHM were in Milwaukee for a show a little while back. Was hoping for some kind of collab. But I think RLM is a little too cynical/nerdy even for WHM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
RLM is way too smug and high on their farts and I hope they never sully the good quality of the WHM podcast.