Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

E: welp

moths fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Dec 31, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

Edit: Not even worth it.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
In this time of conflict I want to say that I appreciate all of you that posted about Gatling cannons. Our love of dakka unites this community.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
Gonna have half of Trad Games perma'd by the end of the week.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

How bout that TSons psychic awakening book?

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

The short story today was pretty cool, because apparently the entire 1st, 2nd, and 5th Dark Angels Companies are going to be there.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

Speaking of which, has there been any news on when/if there will be any IG stuff? Feels like it's been forever since Guard got anything new.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Speaking of which, has there been any news on when/if there will be any IG stuff? Feels like it's been forever since Guard got anything new.

Probably with the Necrons, on the grounds that a Leman Russ and a Ghost Ark teamed up to run over GW's dog.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Whoa this got grimdark

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Good Citizen posted:

Whoa this got grimdark

In the dark future Permacember is bloody grim.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
This is really loving ridiculous.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Sorry, I was getting the times he did that confused. Anyway, time to take a big sip of coffee and read some hammer of math articles on goonhammer dot com.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Contingency posted:

Google cache: [url]https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:enbIzIHbRwUJ:https://www.goonhammer.com/army-showcase-adamantium_wangs-heresy-era-death-guard/+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us[/url]

Nice thanks! I think it was this one I was remembering, the slow menacing walk forward was a neat change of pace to the usual “gun to chest” or “hand pointing gun in air” poses.

Lore and design aside the new primaris stuff at least has more interesting designs, the dude with the smoke grenade comes to mind.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Well these past pages have been an absolute drag.

But I know how to fix that. Because today (in most places of the world) it's December 31st and we are hours away of entering a new hobby year. So now it's a good time to reflect on previous accomplishments in 2019. So without further ado...
Goons, present your models!

2019 was strangely productive for me, just going by my spreadsheet I had 18 different projects done. I'll skip any AoS related ones and only focus on 40k ones in this case.

January:

March:

May:

July:

August:

September:

October:

November:

December:

Rogue Trader with Honor Guard and Carnosaur pet. Commission work to a friend.
These are fully painted but I'm missing the base still for the Carnosaur and thusly haven't talked to my friend about how the bases should look. Hence the still sorta WIP image.

Cooked Auto fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Dec 31, 2019

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Cooked Auto posted:

Well these past pages have been an absolute drag.

But I know how to fix that. Because today (in most places of the world) it's December 31st and we are hours away of entering a new hobby year. So now it's a good time to reflect on previous accomplishments in 2019. So without further ado...

2019 was strangely productive for me, just going by my spreadsheet I had 18 different projects done. I'll skip any AoS related ones and only focus on 40k ones in this case.

That's badass. I love your Salamanders!

I've been working on clearing out my backlog over the last week or so, and that means painting more Death Guard.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

TheChirurgeon posted:

That's badass. I love your Salamanders!

Planning to paint a couple of more next year.
Outside of making some good effort at painting at least one Marine from each Codex chapter.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

Cooked Auto posted:

I've been slacking majorly and not painted anything for a couple months, but still got some fun stuff done this year:

January

Feb

April

May

June

July

August

September

Got some cool stuff planned for the new year, looking forward to getting back in the groove.

Bob Wins
Oct 25, 2010

Cooked Auto posted:

I've been wanting to get into 40K for a while being a fan of the videya games, setting and table top gaming in general. Kill Team's launch lowered the bar enough that I could dip a toe in the water and see how it felt. While not nearly as impressive as the stuff most of you guys churn out on a regular basis these guys are the first models I have ever assembled and painted and I am none the less proud of them. Over the past year my little group of scions have had more than their fair share of victories despite being decidedly "off meta" and I've met a pretty cool group of people and of course had some fun games.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

I've been slacking majorly and not painted anything for a couple months, but still got some fun stuff done this year:

<INCREDIBLY SICK MODELS>

Got some cool stuff planned for the new year, looking forward to getting back in the groove.

:stare:

these are great. I love the Dirtbike Guardswomen. Are those the Victoria heads?

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
GoA, you are next-level my friend. 10/10 incredible across the board.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
Here’s some of the models I’m most proud of this year.

Not necessarily proud of The Poddening but I also did it so it should be documented:

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man
2019 minus 30 or so models (Some Idoneth Thralls, Daemonettes and a couple of Warhammer Underworlds Warbands).

Some favourites:

Muscle Boi

Green Boi

Flying Green Boi

Greenest Boi

Yello Lady

Brown Tree

Damp Elf

And the Sisters Box

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
Can someone summarize or at least PM me what the latest drama is about because it's completely going over my head

I think Goonhammer is cool and I don't want to see it go away

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
All these amazing looking models is kind of making me feel sad, I have literally one Gretchin in a special colour scheme that’s basically done (need some clear up where the brown for the goggles went on its skin and I’m pretty sure that my corax white got contaminated, though it might just be separated) I’ve got nothing finished and I got the Speed Freeks box for Christmas so that’s 8 new models to build that are more complex than I’ve done yet.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

goose willis posted:

Can someone summarize or at least PM me what the latest drama is about because it's completely going over my head

The admins are nuking posts and permabanning accounts in a way they haven't before when it comes to this subject because of larger forums drama. You're better off just chalking it up as a mystery.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Goonhammer is cool, and easily the most un-lovely 40k resource available.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

goose willis posted:

QCS is closed and people are going nuts

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

GoA, you are next-level my friend. 10/10 incredible across the board.

Thanks! You're too kind as always

TheChirurgeon posted:

:stare:

these are great. I love the Dirtbike Guardswomen. Are those the Victoria heads?

Thanks! The heads are a mix of FW Escher and Orlock, WargameExclusive Sisters of Battle, and Statuesque Miniatures.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Improbable Lobster posted:

QCS is closed and people are going nuts

Yeah there being no good place to have a discussion about this is extremely not helping things. FYAD hosed up and QCS got closed as a result. Then they reopened FYAD and...left QCS closed.

And there are a few people who don't seem particularly fond of Goonhammer but I think that's entirely secondary from their main issue. I don't think most of the people outside of the people mad about it actually understand the specific detail they're unhappy about.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

I think that Goonhammer is a fantastic resource for the community and mostly run by some really great guys who want to do something really positive. They are easily the best 40k site website I have ever seen.

It is marred by one contributor that people have serious problems about, mainly because it spits in the face of what Goonhammer says they stand for.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Lord_Hambrose posted:

I think that Goonhammer is a fantastic resource for the community and mostly run by some really great guys who want to do something really positive. They are easily the best 40k site website I have ever seen.

It is marred by one contributor that people have serious problems about, mainly because it spits in the face of what Goonhammer says they stand for.

Yes, it definitely spits in the face of what we stand for: that when individuals do lovely things they can be confronted about it, learn from it, and become better people.

Or would you prefer than any time anyone does anything remotely bad they be kicked out of everything forever (unless they're a republican cop, in which case they're good people who should be allowed to stick around with nothing negative said about them)

Actually wait no, you're just an idiot with a grudge. gently caress off.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Booley posted:

Yes, it definitely spits in the face of what we stand for: that when individuals do lovely things they can be confronted about it, learn from it, and become better people.

Or would you prefer than any time anyone does anything remotely bad they be kicked out of everything forever (unless they're a republican cop, in which case they're good people who should be allowed to stick around with nothing negative said about them)

I think you being kicked from the Slack is really stupid, and the way it was done even more so.

I was really excited about producing some AoS content for Goonhammer with you and the guys. I genuinely think that Goonhammer is a great place, but once a certain piece of information became known to me an unfortunate but ultimately unimportant thing became a more serious issue for me. I am not exactly the most rabid defender of my beliefs but some things are too much.

You absolutely deserve an apology.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
Avery "Monsterhearts" Alder has a twitter thread about this. I mean, it's mostly about prison, but it's also applicable to community exile in general.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Stephenls posted:

Avery "Monsterhearts" Alder has a twitter thread about this. I mean, it's mostly about prison, but it's also applicable to community exile in general.

Oh gently caress off

Bob Wins
Oct 25, 2010
Sometimes I miss 2008 internet before everything became serious business. I mean I am 100% for calling about people that are turbo poo poo heads and painting swastikas on their plastic spacemen and poo poo but jeez does full tilt cancel culture seem toxic as gently caress.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

Improbable Lobster posted:

Oh gently caress off

I mean I’m an RPGnet mod and we permaban people all the time over there so I’m not exactly being consistent with my messaging here.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Stephenls posted:

This is one of the unintentionally funniest posts for pages and I love you. Never stop.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

TTerrible posted:

This is one of the unintentionally funniest posts for pages and I love you. Never stop.

I think I’m starting to put it together.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Booley posted:

Who is the republican police officer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Who is the republican police officer?

Usually when you try to bait people into a perma you disguise the trap somehow.