Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Does the locker room love him THAT much? Just seems bizarre

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
They love his insights on hip hop.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Does the locker room love him THAT much? Just seems bizarre

In Buffalo he was NOT a players' coach.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:negative:

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1212032988567023616?s=21

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

"Jason, you're like a son to me, therefore I'm going to drag out your firing as long as possible"

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
He'll no longer be coach, but be promoted to GM

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/mattlombardonfl/status/1212041065064255488?s=21

the giants have hired 4 computer folks

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Like... IT guys?

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007

shyduck posted:

the giants have hired 4 computer folks

Hiring straight from Yospos now, a bold move

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I mean the Do Your Job on the Patriots' video / IT staff was pretty telling about how insane teams are with that stuff. Taking video and editing it from the game on the buses immediately so the coaches can watch it on the plane back. Building video packages for every single coach & position group tailored to their job for the next game. Quickly building and setting up coaching setups in visiting team hotels and setting everything up for the coaches on gameday. If teams aren't sinking a ton of resources into that, they're going to have problems.

https://www.patriots.com/video/do-your-job-patriots-video-department

Nov 6, 2002

You wouldn't believe the footage they get!

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Long story short, after the incredible finish to the famous Tebow 3:16 game, a bunch of people started listening in to Steelers sports radio to mock them in the aftermath. A bunch of goons and folks from the 4chan sports board called in to troll them, and "Frank from Baltimore" (Kawalimus) made an incredible call where he questioned whether Ben Roethlisberger was an NFL caliber QB, called him "some kind of Pop Dog," and said he needed to play like the dog that thirsts, not the dog that refreshes*, and had the host agree. In the moment it was by far one of the funniest things I've seen in TFF.

*Kawalimus and Pop Dog (now ghost dog after escaping a 100,000 hour probe) used to have identical avatars with the titles "the dog that thirsts" and "the dog that refreshes".

The hosts were so furious they weren’t even listening and just saying right right to every TFF inside joke so they could get back their turn to speak and yell

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Kalli posted:

I mean the Do Your Job on the Patriots' video / IT staff was pretty telling about how insane teams are with that stuff. Taking video and editing it from the game on the buses immediately so the coaches can watch it on the plane back. Building video packages for every single coach & position group tailored to their job for the next game. Quickly building and setting up coaching setups in visiting team hotels and setting everything up for the coaches on gameday. If teams aren't sinking a ton of resources into that, they're going to have problems.

https://www.patriots.com/video/do-your-job-patriots-video-department

There was an article about the last Superbowl where Wade Phillip's said he had already broken down the game tape by the time they were on the flight back that night.

Not to mention the tablets that are used now can instantly replay the last drive so you can see how teams are disguising coverages, where before it was a binder with pictures of presnap and what the D looked like at the top of the QBs drop.

Tech is crazy yo.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Help computer! Stop all the downloadin'

Nov 6, 2002

Codependent Poster posted:

Help computer! Stop all the downloadin'

I can only imagine with how cheap NFL teams are, what kind of dumb malware and poo poo must routinely end up on coaches' and players' laptops. Imagine a team losing because their playbooks are all encrypted by ransomware the night before a game. That could explain the Rams SB53 performance.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

OxySnake posted:

There was an article about the last Superbowl where Wade Phillip's said he had already broken down the game tape by the time they were on the flight back that night.

Not to mention the tablets that are used now can instantly replay the last drive so you can see how teams are disguising coverages, where before it was a binder with pictures of presnap and what the D looked like at the top of the QBs drop.

Tech is crazy yo.

You are still only allowed still pictures on tablets and during halftime review. Actual video is considered cheating.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

I know we're interviewing everybody but why does there have to be a Dorsey Special interview

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1212051135500034048

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

SI ranks the NFL job openings: https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/12/31/ranking-nfl-head-coach-openings

quote:

• New York
  • Carolina
  • Dallas
  • Cleveland
  • Washington

Nov 6, 2002

How in the world is Dallas not #1 with an actual QB?

quote:

With that in mind, there is immediate pressure on a new coach to win for an owner who will grow increasingly impatient with each season that passes.

This is dumb considering how much rope we've just seen given to Garrett.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

For the quality of the job? I'd imagine the lack of a GM and just having to work for Jerry Jones has a lot to do with that.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Because the job isn't available.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

hiring a coach isn't going to reset everything, this is like the broncos firing john fox which is probably going to be incredibly frustrating to jerry when they don't win a superbowl next year.

Nov 6, 2002

Fenrir posted:

For the quality of the job? I'd imagine the lack of a GM and just having to work for Jerry Jones has a lot to do with that.

Well the article's stated reason is that Jerry Jones will somehow be immediately impatient with his next hire if he's not successful. Sure, maybe. Meanwhile the team #1 on the list will be going on their fourth coach in six years.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Well the article's stated reason is that Jerry Jones will somehow be immediately impatient with his next hire if he's not successful. Sure, maybe. Meanwhile the team #1 on the list will be going on their fourth coach in six years.

this is definitely the most disingenuous way to put the giants situation

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Well you see the Giants are a classy organization, much like the Steelers

Nov 6, 2002

hifi posted:

this is definitely the most disingenuous way to put the giants situation

How is it disingenuous to point out that they've fired three coaches since 2015?

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

because you're either including an interim head coach or the last year of coughlin. you can also say they've fired 3 non interim head coaches in the past 15 years.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

So Coughlin doesn't count why?

Nov 6, 2002

hifi posted:

because you're either including an interim head coach or the last year of coughlin. you can also say they've fired 3 non interim head coaches in the past 15 years.

Of course I'm including Coughlin.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

DariusLikewise posted:

You are still only allowed still pictures on tablets and during halftime review. Actual video is considered cheating.

New NFL same as the Old NFL

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

this is all leading to Jerry legally adopting Garrett and making him the coach and GM for life.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

The Giants are interviewing the Pats ST coordinator which is at least somewhat interesting? But I feel like he’s yet another figurehead since Belichick loves special teams

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

Carlosologist posted:

The Giants are interviewing the Pats ST coordinator which is at least somewhat interesting? But I feel like he’s yet another figurehead since Belichick loves special teams

Who was the last ST coach hired as HC?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Nystral posted:

Who was the last ST coach hired as HC?

Harbaugh

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Ches Neckbeard posted:

So Coughlin doesn't count why?

he counts but not just the last year of his career

Of course I'm including Coughlin.

ok so then like i said, 3 coaches fired in 15 years. the mcadoo firing might have been premature for potential coaches back then but apparently it's normal to fire guys after one year. shurmur got 2 full years though and he sucked.

circling back to the firing guys after only one year, ultimately who cares when they pay your buyout or balance of the contract? i guess we had that situation with... whoever it was... where they were sitting on their rear end getting paid by the contract, wanted to coach again and were technically still an employee or something.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Seems to have worked out pretty well

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Dave Toub from KC was getting a lot of shine for a few years but that seems to have died down for whatever reason

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Carlosologist posted:

Keep hiring Patriots coordinators forever, NFL

Pros: almost always steal a regular season win from the Pats no matter what (even Patricia did this haha)
Cons: how long have you got lmaooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Someone please make a fake Garrett re-signed ESPN front page screenshot to troll Cowboys fans in his office