Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

GD_American posted:

Someone please make a fake Garrett re-signed ESPN front page screenshot to troll Cowboys fans in his office

At this point just wait for the real one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

a neat cape posted:

Dave Toub from KC was getting a lot of shine for a few years but that seems to have died down for whatever reason

toub is in the mix for a couple of jobs; if the browns were smart they’d probably hire him and then get a qb whisperer to focus on fixing baker

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
If the Patriots dynasty dies in the next 1-2 weeks, it will still live on forever in all the shitbirds from Belichick's disease vector coaching tree running teams into the ground until meatbag coaches are replaced with AIs... programmed by Stephen Belichick and Matt Patricia Jr.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Still can’t believe Steve Belichick is a real person

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1212083441665228802?s=21

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Imagine ever having optimism in the Cleveland Browns.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Jesus Browns :stare:

I think this leans more towards McDaniels being their target and him wanting to bring in his own GM.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
:suicide:

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Why the gently caress would the Browns can Dorsey?

e: Other than the obvious, because the Browns.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
So what franchises are in need of a new GM?

And which ones are actually going to hire a GM?

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Mega64 posted:

So what franchises are in need of a new GM?

And which ones are actually going to hire a GM?
The Giants, and no

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

Kalli posted:

Imagine ever having optimism in the Cleveland Browns.

Not at all a Browns fan (and as a Giants fan I have no leg to stand on) but I started to look at their talent and think just maybe they’re finally putting something together.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

shyduck posted:

The Giants, and no

Also the Cowboys, and also no

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

My guess is Dorsey spent a poo poo ton of money and the team is 13-19-1 to show for it. Nevermind he was saddled with Hue and Freddie by Haslam.

.Jimmy is not only a control freak I think he is cheap too

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

oh man what if the browns take mcdaniels and the weirdo team chaplain that the texans have been angling for like 3 seasons now and they still are a massive disaster

e: not the chaplain, Nick Caserio

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
He was not saddled with freddie

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

tomapot posted:

Not at all a Browns fan (and as a Giants fan I have no leg to stand on) but I started to look at their talent and think just maybe they’re finally putting something together.

Yeah, they did amass a whole bunch of talented players this year and on paper should've been pretty good, but were insanely undisciplined and everyone regressed, which sure sounds like a good GM / bad coach situation to me, but I'm not the Browns, so time to fire the GM who found Nick Chubb in the 2nd round so you can hire McDaniels and whatever dumbass lickspittle he brings from the Patriots so they can pay JC Jackson double whatever Trumaine Johnson got.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

hifi posted:

oh man what if the browns take mcdaniels and the weirdo team chaplain that the texans have been angling for like 3 seasons now and they still are a massive disaster

e: not the chaplain, Nick Caserio

That's not near dumb enough. Get ready for GM Paul Depodesta!

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/PLeonardNYDN/status/1212084277954928640

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Dorsey lost a power struggle with Andy Reid in KC, and didn’t want that to happen again at his next GM job. So he hired a coach who wouldn’t challenge him (Kitchens). Now Browns ownership wants to curb Dorseys role and Dorsey would rather leave the job than have to report to another head coach like he did in KC

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1212086916079915009

:lol: they forgot to fire the baseball guy the last time they cleaned house and now he just pulled a Red Wedding on everyone

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

I loving called it goddamnit this trash fire. gently caress you Haslam and this dumbass team

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

The factory is open for business

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I don't think you can even be sad about them, just put them in the bucket with the Bengals, Giants and Lions where you just don't care about anything they do until they show you they can win. Don't waste optimism on them, it's just not worth the time.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I know the Browns didn't live up to the hype but IMO it's weird firing your GM and VP after the year in which the team has had the most talent it's had in years.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

SKULL.GIF posted:

I know the Browns didn't live up to the hype but IMO it's weird firing your GM and VP after the year in which the team has had the most talent it's had in years.
My guess is Haslam wants to do something stupid and they told him so

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I mean if you want to clean house then clean house fire everyone else, Browns.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Really want to meet the homeless dude that keeps telling Haslam to do all this dumb poo poo

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1212031057236758534

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1212091206458650626

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Yeah, I look at the Niners and think the passing game is what I want to recruit.

The Browns will always be the Browns.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

shyduck posted:

My guess is Haslam wants to do something stupid and they told him so
ding ding ding

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1212091786040168448?s=21

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Yep gently caress it I'm done

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1212091786040168448

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Charles Robinson has this yesterday. A McDaniels/Ziegler pairing is possible because obviously everyone needs more PatsWay.

https://twitter.com/CharlesRobinson/status/1211686214685921281

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

The grey sweatshirt is hung up one last time

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Lmao if this is the Browns moment that broke your fandom.

Jymmybob
Jun 26, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Grimey Drawer
Now we'll have a new GM trade everyone worth a poo poo to rebuild with the new coach's guys and enter another 5+ years of tanking to build picks at which point we'll have already fired the incoming coach, his replacement, and the incoming GM.

it is known

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
The Cleveland Browns are once again the most embarrassing franchise in pro sports, just like always. Meanwhile there are a bunch of 12th fans in the NFC West thread rending their clothes and pulling their hair because we might only win one playoff game during a rebuild year. :qq:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/ringer/status/1164183353844744192