Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

El Mero Mero posted:

This is like some kind of Greek play we're living in I swear

Trump is trying to live in Elektra.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

FrozenVent posted:

Hilary Clinton should call a press conference, walk in, look smugly at the camera for an uncomfortably long time without saying a word, then walk out never to be seen again.

If all of that happened it would be great

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Godholio posted:

I was even more confused because I wasn't sure if we withdrew again and I somehow missed it, or if he thought we withdrew again for some reason.

That’s the hilarity of the situation here, we won’t know if we’re pulling out until we see it on Twitter. The guys who came out of Syria (and who just drove back lmao) were fuckin livid.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!
Operation Forever Freedom, the Surgening.

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

Poor John Bolton; he’s never gonna score.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Lake of Methane posted:

Poor John Bolton; he’s never gonna score.

everybody does on this page :69snypa:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Nett

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

EBB posted:

everybody does on this page :69snypa:

Nice

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Here lies Bolton
He Never Scored.

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
is this declassing fisa?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

2019 has a lot of humdingers. I like to imagine that if Walter Cronkite were alive, we'd have an hour that starts with him taking off his glasses, rubbing the bridge of his nose, and just staring intensely at the lens. So to GiP regulars and visitors: What was the newsiest news item that happened this year, in your opinion? The one that, under normal circumstances, would have been gigantic once-in-a-decade news.

Impeachment is low-hanging fruit so I'm going with the most obvious murder in history, Epstein. I think I spent an entire day ranting and raving about how billionaire scum got to have a literal pedophile island and got away with it. Honorable mention:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

It's this resource consent application

https://www.mpdc.govt.nz/district-p...d-road-matamata

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

EBB posted:

2019 has a lot of humdingers. I like to imagine that if Walter Cronkite were alive, we'd have an hour that starts with him taking off his glasses, rubbing the bridge of his nose, and just staring intensely at the lens. So to GiP regulars and visitors: What was the newsiest news item that happened this year, in your opinion? The one that, under normal circumstances, would have been gigantic once-in-a-decade news.

Impeachment is low-hanging fruit so I'm going with the most obvious murder in history, Epstein. I think I spent an entire day ranting and raving about how billionaire scum got to have a literal pedophile island and got away with it. Honorable mention:

M87's glorious, all-devouring sphincter.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

this is the year we saw a god drat black hole for real and it was like a brief curiosity

edit ^^^ beaten but not wrong

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
Everybody making Benghazi comparisons is due to be deeply disappointed when this embassy storming is immediately forgotten by everyone in charge, including dem congressturds

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Duzzy Funlop posted:

M87's glorious, all-devouring sphincter.

yeah yeah xkcd shut up he makes good physical comparisons

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
The president tweeting classified satellite imagery.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Honorable mention to the president using a sharpie to alter a NOAA hurricane track forecast.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Posting on the sex number page for the last time this decade

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

FrozenVent posted:

The president tweeting classified satellite imagery.

Hahaha yeah drat that's a good one

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
I give this years news a 69/420. Too many *crack, pings* to pick a favorite.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

colachute posted:

Posting on the sex number page for the last time this decade

Nice

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
2019 still delivering

https://twitter.com/Hector_E_Alcala/status/1212095830318047232?s=20

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Ken Bone Comeback posted:

Hahaha yeah drat that's a good one

Christ i forgot that was a thing. This loving year i swear

Edit
WHAT IS THIS YEAR

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
In a double irony whammy, Ted Cruz immediately dropping some Benny F., the OG milf hunter.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

EBB posted:

What was the newsiest news item that happened this year, in your opinion?

Pokemon Go to the polls

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/pokemon-canada-military-bases-1.5393774

quote:

"Plse advise the Commissionaires that apparently Fort Frontenac is both a PokeGym and a PokeStop. I will be completely honest in that I have not idea what that is," wrote Maj. Jeff Monaghan at CFB Kingston.

"The game's premise seems to be going to the 'PokeStops/Gyms' to collect 'Pokemon's' (we should almost hire a 12-year-old to help us out with this) of which we were able to find 5 of these things on the range road itself," wrote security expert David Levenick at CFB Borden, Ont., 100 kilometres northwest of Toronto.

"There's a game out there taking off like gangbusters, and it requires people to move to digitally cached locations to get points, etc.," wrote Lieut. Col. Richard Raymond at CFB Petawawa, west of Ottawa.

Eight days after Pokemon Go launched, the military police in Canada issued a criminal intelligence advisory.

My real answer? I have no loving idea. This decade has been a long century.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/Bencjacobs/status/1176258790225797120?s=20

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Hahaha

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZS95ZWq1Ais

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

just here to post on the nice page

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Ok Pete. Time to go away now.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Posting on the cool page

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Russia broke its only aircraft carrier by making it deploy to Syria, then stabbed it through the flight deck with a crane when it got back, sunk its drydock and set it on fire. Should have named it Rasputin.

The strategic lines of conflict between protestors and police in Hong Kong were drawn around Internet backbones.

HK protestors going Full Katniss, combining blinding lasers and arrows to counter police shields and rubber bullets/tear gas.

Disco Laser Protest. Taking down a police drone with concentrated laser pointers in Chile.

Vast sections of the planet on fire. The Amazon. Australia.

The loving national shame that is the migrant camps in the US and the fact that we know for a fact that those kids are being taken from their families and given up for adoption to Evangelical American parents through Betsy DeVos's adoption agency.

The president of Ukraine is just some poor comedian who was a little too successful, and now he has to deal with Trump and Putin.

Ice melting too fast everywhere.

The entire Cybertruck debacle lmao

Multiple major cities hit with ransomware attacks across their infrastructure.

Mystery drone swarm in Denver. https://www.denverpost.com/2019/12/30/mystery-drones-faa-proposes-rule/

Ninja turtle ooze eating through a building in Detroit.

Boeing somehow fucks up the best airliner ever built, and then fucks up the crisis management, and then fucks up the management of multiple crises beyond that, and also amazingly even its space capsule has a similar failure.

People still buy into Star Citizen.

Kesper North fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Dec 31, 2019

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

He was only progressive on racial issues. He was kind of a shithead on most other things, like loving a 16 year old when he was twice her age.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

if you wouldn't strap the gently caress up immediately to be john brown's 20th troop to take harpers ferry you have no loving right running for president

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
2019 is an all consuming news vortex I don't want to reread any of it TIA

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Solid :iceburn:, I'm sad to acknowledge

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

john brown yeeted slavers with a loving sword

Adbot