Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
NGU: I made the transition from Kong to Steam a few days ago and oh god it's telling me I have 62 hours in game already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
Troll challenge needs a troll that changes the names of everything. Or changes the position of all menu buttons just to be extra annoying.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

Francis posted:

this sounds like macguffins but fleshed out and not worthless there I said it

Thats almost exactly my goal

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

something posted:

Thats almost exactly my goal

out of curiosity would it be able to make an AP shop item that if you advance filter quest drops that they automatically get turned in

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
Prob not, or only tied to the ratio of that one perk where multi level handins give bonus progress.

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

I had another NGU suggestion to go with the control tweak, "Advanced Training" modifier on items actually increases the speed and not a percentage of level right (at least I didn't notice a change in Adventure stats)? I suggest it should be changed to Adv. Training Speed like the Wandoos one.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Falcon2001 posted:

Does the Blind Challenge get blinder as it goes on, or did it get hotfixed recently? I remember being able to see my NUMBER.

It's one of the best surprises of the Blind Challenge.

I was reluctant to do it at first because I didn't want to be completely blind, and was happy to see that I wasn't as blind as I thought I'd be.

Then I did the second attempt.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Red mayo: hot sauce + mayo
Green mayo: olive oil + mayo
White mayo: ranch + mayo
Black mayo: dark chocolate + mayo
Bleu mayo: Bleu cheese + mayo

I do hope the mayo types aren’t just mere colors and have some stupid theming like this. Casting cards with poo (brown) Mayo. Or that all the colors used are weird. There’s so much potential for dumb poo poo!

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
Listen m8

Yer talkin to king bullshit of poo mountain 'ere

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Pigbuster posted:

I do hope the mayo types aren’t just mere colors and have some stupid theming like this. Casting cards with poo (brown) Mayo. Or that all the colors used are weird. There’s so much potential for dumb poo poo!

I really just wanted to make the Bleu joke, for the rest, take it or leave it.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Mana colors, mayo, fecal, barf, earwax and blood worms.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I knocked out the basic challenges, thanks something for that change. My Mega set is maxxed now, and I can get to Boss 85 with a few rebirths now. Is this the time to push towards Uug then?

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Manuel Calavera posted:

I knocked out the basic challenges, thanks something for that change. My Mega set is maxxed now, and I can get to Boss 85 with a few rebirths now. Is this the time to push towards Uug then?

If you have the stats too kill him manual, yes. Beards and rings are very good

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

pixaal posted:

Mana colors, mayo, fecal, barf, earwax and blood worms.

earwax I know can be obfuscated by using the archaic term cerumen.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Manuel Calavera posted:

That’s the set I was wearing when I beat him and got him on auto kill. Make sure you’re wearing your combat accessories, and overnight advanced training if you need to. Gold digger adventure is important too.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Sage Grimm posted:

earwax I know can be obfuscated by using the archaic term cerumen.
bonus points if it's your blue ripoff for a cerulean/cerumen joke somehow

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Devor posted:

Thats the set I was wearing when I beat him and got him on auto kill. Make sure youre wearing your combat accessories, and overnight advanced training if you need to. Gold digger adventure is important too.

Diggers are cool and good yes. I've had them going for drop chance and NGU speed a bit. But that kind of, correlation, confirmation? Helps a lot.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I run drop, adventure, and both beard diggers regularly. I'll switch to stat and wandoos if I have specific needs, haven't worried about any of the other diggers yet.

vvv - I don't remember there being a big wall there, but yeah, max your equipment and pump your adventure stats with advanced training and whatever else you can.

The Fool fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Dec 31, 2019

Anniversary
Sep 12, 2011

I AM A SHIT-FESTIVAL
:goatsecx:
Posting for 4g because I got hooked on NGU Idle after setting it down for over a year.

Also, I feel like I've hit a bit of a wall at the gaudy set, but maybe I just need to commit to grinding some adventure stats?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Anniversary posted:

Posting for 4g because I got hooked on NGU Idle after setting it down for over a year.

Also, I feel like I've hit a bit of a wall at the gaudy set, but maybe I just need to commit to grinding some adventure stats?

Check everything maybe your forgetting a feature, very easy after a break. Also with such a long break it's possible that another feature has been added and you need to kill a titan to unlock it it's going to depend on just how long a break you took (you said a year, but we all know sometimes it feels like a year and it was 6 months and sometimes it's been 3 when it comes to the last time you played one). Good news is you just need to make sure auto kill is on in settings and eat any funny items that drop and you'll unlock any missing features!

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008
You probably need to start leveling up your Adventure alpha NGU.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

So I unlocked Titan 10, but already had enough stats to auto-kill it, so it seems like I've bypassed the GLOP quest. Is there any way to get those items to drop?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Klungar posted:

So I unlocked Titan 10, but already had enough stats to auto-kill it, so it seems like I've bypassed the GLOP quest. Is there any way to get those items to drop?

Die to him, so set the difficulty to brutal and give him a big hug.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

I have a super dumb question for NGU Idle:

I've noticed my Attack always goes up faster than my Defense, even when I take points out of Basic Training and let Defense catch up.

What stat is affecting this? I didn't even know that was a thin.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Mendrian posted:

I have a super dumb question for NGU Idle:

I've noticed my Attack always goes up faster than my Defense, even when I take points out of Basic Training and let Defense catch up.

What stat is affecting this? I didn't even know that was a thin.

adventure stats, prolly

Sillyman
Jul 21, 2008
Specifically adventure stats on your equipment, since for every 1 point of power/toughness on equipment you get +1% attack/defense, respectively (additive with itself, multiplicative with everything else, as per usual). Base adventure stats and adventure stat multipliers don't affect that, and you can see your total bonus from your Inventory.

Equipment is just about the only thing besides actually unbalanced Basic Training that can affect Attack and Defense unequally, and a lot of equipment sets fairly early on (starting from Magitech) have significantly higher power than toughness.

Sillyman fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Dec 31, 2019

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Sillyman posted:

Specifically adventure stats on your equipment, since for every 1 point of power/toughness on equipment you get +1% attack/defense, respectively (additive with itself, multiplicative with everything else, as per usual). Base adventure stats and adventure stat multipliers don't affect that, and you can see your total bonus from your Inventory.

I actually didn't know power/toughness affected attack/defense at all, thanks!

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Why doesn't A+Clicking on stuff in my inventory merge all boosts onto an item like the tooltip says? Is there something messed up in my settings?

Other than that, I've been hooked on this game for like two months now and I've shamefully whaled the hell out.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Why doesn't A+Clicking on stuff in my inventory merge all boosts onto an item like the tooltip says? Is there something messed up in my settings?

Other than that, I've been hooked on this game for like two months now and I've shamefully whaled the hell out.

Laptop keyboard most likely. Many laptops seem to take control + click and send that but if you do anything other than control / alt / shift it sends it as 2 separate commands, and as such the game sees you press a let go of a then click then press a again.

Using a USB keyboard and mouse fixes this, so does uninstalling your touchpad driver, but then you can't use the cursor without an external mouse which is very not helpful.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

pixaal posted:

Laptop keyboard most likely. Many laptops seem to take control + click and send that but if you do anything other than control / alt / shift it sends it as 2 separate commands, and as such the game sees you press a let go of a then click then press a again.

Using a USB keyboard and mouse fixes this, so does uninstalling your touchpad driver, but then you can't use the cursor without an external mouse which is very not helpful.

Plugged in my USB mouse and that worked just fine. Didn't know that about laptop keyboards.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Plugged in my USB mouse and that worked just fine. Didn't know that about laptop keyboards.

I discovered it because of NGU, spent awhile troubleshooting it during beta. It comes up every few months and everyone else seems to forget.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

pixaal posted:

I discovered it because of NGU, spent awhile troubleshooting it during beta. It comes up every few months and everyone else seems to forget.

Thank you, this explains why I couldn’t get Boost Transform to work anymore, but it’s the difference between playing on my laptop on my couch over the holidays vs. playing at my office desk with my external mouse.

Anniversary
Sep 12, 2011

I AM A SHIT-FESTIVAL
:goatsecx:

Bedurndurn posted:

You probably need to start leveling up your Adventure alpha NGU.

Thanks pixaal! But I think Bedurndurn might have it as I have all the boxes through diggers unlocked, but I’ve been neglecting NGUs so I think it’s likely that. To clarify I only played up to unlocking the TM when I first picked this up, came back to it on Kong on a whim and had enough idle AP to get item filter and that QoL boost was enough to get me hooked.

Also I’ve been doing basic challenges (and one 24) which from what I can tell from lurking the discord is a bit early and might be why my progress is a bit behind.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Finally got the mega set, it is such a bonus that the whole set drops with full stats, saves so much manual time since the gulf between being able to snipe the boss and idle that area seems to be so vast.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
https://pastebin.com/FZgLT9D8

I've got stuff finally set up enough to do some test card name generation. Let me know what you think!

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

something posted:

I've got stuff finally set up enough to do some test card name generation. Let me know what you think!

i feel like this should be posted in the new username gbs thread

Enigma
Jun 10, 2003
Raetus Deus Est.

Changing my name to Hippo of Pain

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Those are good. I scrolled down to a random one and 'Lemon of Indignation' got a lol out of me.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

something posted:

It me, The Horny Toast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

something posted:

The Rough, Ribbed, Tainted Fist of God

for his pleasure?