Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Big Huski Boi posted:

drat I want some potato wedges now

Like, money?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

Like, money?

No

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Rebus posted:

Renault have been picking up some very decent engineers of late, so they may surprise us next year.

Or maybe not, as all the engineers I know that went there hate each others guts.
This is hilarious and exactly what I would expect at a French company #forzafrancia

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/hamilton-lauda-old-texts-mercedes/4617128/

More evidence that Mercedes is leaving as a works team at the end of 2020 and Lewis is moving to Ferrari.

Look at these choice quotes:

quote:

[...]

He added: "I miss getting the texts. I miss sharing those videos, and I still have a lot of our conversations and every now and then I revisit it.

"But again, without his support, I probably wouldn’t have made the switch to come to this team. Without his support, I wouldn’t still be with this team. I don’t think this team would have had success without his support.

"Going to the board, pushing and breaking their balls. That is what he was the best at. But also being real with me. Being the bridge between… Toto [Wolff] was a racing driver and the board, who were not racing drivers, to have a real champion who understands, and empathises with how difficult it is to deliver weekend in weekend out, [and] when you make a mistake…

"That is where he has been such a great, great pillar for me. So I miss him a lot.”

[...]

Also the whole thing is worth a read because :smith:

Naoto Shirogane
May 8, 2019

Lewis is going to Williams

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
lance stroll to ferrari, vettel to formula e

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Vettel isn't good enough for Formula E. He is going to DTM

Tagdoodle
Dec 11, 2019

there was a youtube compilation of funny Vettel moments and I can't possibly imagine any other driver having a similar video made
Vettel (and Ferrari) seemed to have made a lot of dumb choices, but I cant help but like Vettel for having at least some semblance of a personality in interviews. Or at least there was a youtube compilation of funny Vettel moments and I can't possibly imagine any other driver having a similar video made unless you count Max playing bumper cars in an F1 GP. My opinion may be way off the mark based on just watching the 2019 season and not witnessing any of the past history.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Speaking of personality, I think Lando may have, in his rookie season, overtaken Dan (AU not RU) as the most likable driver

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Aur Dan vs aru Dan

:thunk:

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Daniel "conspicuously quiet while Australia burns" Ricciardo

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Speaking of personality, I think Lando may have, in his rookie season, overtaken Dan (AU not RU) as the most likable driver

Lando's alright but something about him puts me off. It's like he tries too hard to be likable and hip and ~with the memes~ and it comes off as phoney.

Dan seems more like he's just that way naturally.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Have a great New Year everyone :)

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
I don’t have any strong opinions on the drivers. Although admittedly they aren’t the reason I watch.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
I only have strong opinions on drivers.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Good thing if Mercedes is leaving, it has been loving boring. I mean, 2000-2006 boring. The season starts, Merc is already 2s faster than everyone else, Bottas underperforms just enough to not be a serious problem for Lewis but enough to keep his seat, and then Hamilton picks up the championship somewhere between 2-3 races still left.

At least this time its not the Schumacher dominance era, which ruins the sport for everyone else besides the crazy tifosi and Hamilton at least is somewhat interesting person in his own way. Also, there is a slight chance that merc is actually "technically legal", whereas Ferrari most certainly wasn't when it dominated.

And McLaren still can't build a decent drive even with all the money in the world but somehow Renault performs just as you would expect from a French company.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
In my opinion Lewis is the funniest driver, with the best personality.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Not sure I strictly agree but I'm sure we all can agree that it would be appropriate for Lewis to get in there

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
2006 was a great season though. 2000, 2001, and 2003 were good too.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
2002 and 2004 are some of the worst seasons I’ve ever witnessed. They are like 1992 bad.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

poty posted:

In my opinion Lewis is the funniest driver, with the best personality.

get in there lewis

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
I wish you all a Lewis New Year xxx

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Happy New Year from Rich Cat

Only registered members can see post attachments!

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Happy New Year from Rich Cat

Good cat

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

happy new year to you terrible people

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

it loving sucks

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

track day bro! posted:

it loving sucks

MLYP

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

iospace posted:

Buy the hat.

It's not even pink :(

I was waiting for the signed hat to be relisted but it never was. That would have been worth thousands when he's WDC

This one will still be worth something because i'd imagine i'm the only one who bought one this year.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

track day bro! posted:

it loving sucks

gently caress you

Tagdoodle
Dec 11, 2019

there was a youtube compilation of funny Vettel moments and I can't possibly imagine any other driver having a similar video made
Happy New Years! I think the 2021 cars look awful but if they allow for cars to actually race closely, bring on those glorious hideous cars!

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Happy new year from god's one true time zone. I love you all equally, except Wirth, who I love even more.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Frond posted:

2002 and 2004 are some of the worst seasons I’ve ever witnessed. They are like 1992 bad.

1992, 2002, 2004, 2011 and every year from 2014 onwards have been the worst.

td4guy
Jun 13, 2005

I always hated that guy.

You forgot 2013.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

td4guy posted:

You forgot 2013.

2013 at least started out promisingly, it didn't get ridiculous until the halfway point

2011 is singlehandedly why I stopped bothering to watch qualifying

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
2019 was a decent year. Mercedes at no point had 'a 2 second lead' over anyone. Ferrari hosed it, but it was very competitive on pace at the front. Sometimes I wonder how many people actually enjoy F1 and how many just enjoy complaining that it's not something else.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

I still enjoy it. I wasn't a big fan during the Schumacher domination of the early 00's but I still didn't miss a race.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfRUk44nfz8

https://www.youtube.com/user/deeppius

Get in there deeppius

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Hey everyone, want to feel depressed!?

Nicholas Latifi is the 2020 Rookie of the Year :xd:

Adbot