Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

Framboise posted:

You can! Start a new profile on your switch and start a new game under that profile. Some of the cool goons on discord have used that as an opportunity to get foreign Dittos and such.

However, if you want to do any online with this new file, you'll need to repurchase the online service.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

BearDrivingTruck posted:

However, if you want to do any online with this new file, you'll need to repurchase the online service.

Jesus Christ.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

indigi posted:

Jesus Christ.

Unless you have the switch family plan maybe

And I specifically want to start over while keeping my mons... And my online service

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
RE: romhack chat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vM-HPWyD8Xo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnLU7H7VUIE

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
I just bought this a Switch and this game.

This is a lot nicer than my good old DS. The last one I played was Diamond.

I am really confused by the online stuff.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

dexefiend posted:

I am really confused by the online stuff.

We all are. I will defend a lot of what people dislike about SwSh but the online is irredeemably bad.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

The PSS from x/y was really good imo.

I'm praying they implement the GTS and actual good trading along with pokemon home.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Framboise posted:

We all are. I will defend a lot of what people dislike about SwSh but the online is irredeemably bad.

Yeah I've only managed to get into a handful of raids with real people. It's extremely clunky.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Framboise posted:

So glad we get to pay extra for the privilege of bumbling through it as well.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
To Nintendo's credit, $20 a year for online services is much nicer than the $60 that Sony and Microsoft demand for the same span of time.

...yes, their online features are more robust, but still.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

The PSS from x/y was really good imo.

I'm praying they implement the GTS and actual good trading along with pokemon home.

It’s true. Just let me see a friend and click on their icon to interact with them.

Also in XY, your character icon looked like your actual character did with the customization. In a game where we have customizable characters and can make trading cards with them, we have to choose a generic trainer or symbol as our icon! WTF!

Why can’t we just crop part of our league card to make our icon? Instead, I have to be generic “dancer” trainer.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

How long is the margikarp event? I haven’t found a shiny fish yet.

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007

Nessa posted:

It’s true. Just let me see a friend and click on their icon to interact with them.

Also in XY, your character icon looked like your actual character did with the customization. In a game where we have customizable characters and can make trading cards with them, we have to choose a generic trainer or symbol as our icon! WTF!

Why can’t we just crop part of our league card to make our icon? Instead, I have to be generic “dancer” trainer.

I personally am in love with my artist icon and would like to keep having the option to use it.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

How long is the margikarp event? I haven’t found a shiny fish yet.

I think until the 3rd?

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
I'll have a ton of shiny fish to hand out after the event if people don't get one.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Rythe posted:

Just got a mimikyu from a surprise trade. Anybody use this dude in competitive play online or have a fun build for it?

It's insane, I never don't put it or Darminatan-G in my singles ranked team

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Hunter Noventa posted:

Yeah I've only managed to get into a handful of raids with real people. It's extremely clunky.

"Oh cool there's a raid battle going on for a Pokemon I really wan-wait, no, it's over so I can't actually join, yet it still showed up in my stamps also I can't load new stamps for some loving reason."

Yup, the online stuff is the worst.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

indigi posted:

Life orb with shadow claw, shadow sneak, swords dance, and play rough. EVs in attack and speed. A good little friend

I like Wood Hammer instead of Shadow Claw for the Type coverage since it doesn’t matter after dynamaxing, you still get Play Rough as a STAB move, and the most common dragon (Dragapult) is flimsy enough to still die to Sword Danced Shadow Sneak.
You definitely need Jolly though because there are a lot of threatening mons you can‘t outspeed if you don’t: namely, G-Darmanitan.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

AlternateNu posted:

I like Wood Hammer instead of Shadow Claw for the Type coverage since it doesn’t matter after dynamaxing, you still get Play Rough as a STAB move, and the most common dragon (Dragapult) is flimsy enough to still die to Sword Danced Shadow Sneak.
You definitely need Jolly though because there are a lot of threatening mons you can‘t outspeed if you don’t: namely, G-Darmanitan.

I've been kicking around the idea of trying Drain Punch as a surprise gotcha against steel types myself.

Also not that it's super relevant, but it also has Leech Life and X-Scissor as options too. When the hell did Leech Life become an actually good move with 80 base power?

Yuwe
Apr 6, 2009
Last gen, so Buzzwole could have a good thematic STAB move. I mean, they could have just made a stronger version, but Game Freak decided to uber-buff a move instead (they did replace it in low-level movepools though).

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

"Oh cool there's a raid battle going on for a Pokemon I really wan-wait, no, it's over so I can't actually join, yet it still showed up in my stamps also I can't load new stamps for some loving reason."

Yup, the online stuff is the worst.

Yes exactly. It's not even Nintendo's fault, Gamefreak is the one that wrote the horrible netcode.

When you do get into a raid it tends to go smoothly at least.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
They buffed Drain Punch too. It used to be 60 power.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
New Years Resolution:

Lose weight and get in shape so I will look good when I cosplay as a Pokemon Bug Gym Leader at Gencon and challenge people to matches with my bug team, rewarding physical gym badges I had made by my brother who is a graphics designer.

:toxx: on it.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

AlternateNu posted:

They buffed Drain Punch too. It used to be 60 power.

poor technician breloom

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

CubeTheory posted:

New Years Resolution:

Lose weight and get in shape so I will look good when I cosplay as a Pokemon Bug Gym Leader at Gencon and challenge people to matches with my bug team, rewarding physical gym badges I had made by my brother who is a graphics designer.

A loving sweet toxx. Good luck and goonspeed!

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

CubeTheory posted:

New Years Resolution:

This is a phenomenal goal! Take your time, remember that diet is 90% of a weight loss regimen, and don't give up!

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Zuzie posted:

My biggest gripe with the dub is that they keep gutting the soundtrack in favor of samey dub tracks.

Well good news, they've also gutted the original soundtrack by getting the MHA composer, so we lose out on iconic game tracks for Generic Anime Soundtrack #5216

Granted, with how much SM reused Kalos' music despite S&M having some really great tunes, I suppose that's for the best

(The E4 theme literally shows up once, in a Filler arc, and none of Team Skull's themes were used, although their steel drum theme was pretty good)

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

The tune that plays when the gym leaders send out their last pokenon in SS loving owns btw.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

It's no "Take Me Out To The Ball Game" but it's nice to have some audience participation

Would've been cool if trainers whose cards you have in your album could be potential league opponents, with their team being determined by what they had on hand at the time the card was made

And then you have a guy with six Eternatus because why not

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

I got Sword for Christmas and it feels weird to have a Ninetales and a Vileplume with endgame-quality movesets at the second gym. Unceremoniously one-shotting Nessa's Drednaw the moment she Dynamaxed it was hilarious.

Unlimited access to a move relearner is the best new feature.

Abundant Atrophy
Nov 3, 2012
Considering they had similar things like that in previous games (Gen 2 letting you fight who ever you trade with in Viridian, OrAs letting you have your first 4 party pokemon for secret base battling), surprised* they didn't do that. Maybe have NPC in place of trainers who did have 'illegal' legendary teams.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Shiny Intimidate and Shiny Moxie Gyrados. Time to stop the fish genocide now.

Well actually, it was good money...

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

The tune that plays when the gym leaders send out their last pokenon in SS loving owns btw.

Soul Silver did have good music. I would rank SwSh as basically bottom of the barrel.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

mfcrocker posted:

It's insane, I never don't put it or Darminatan-G in my singles ranked team

I have shield and haven't gotten a Datminatan in trade yet but he is a pokemon I have heard crazy things about. Im still hunting for a flame orb to make a super annoying milotic.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Beachcomber posted:

Soul Silver did have good music. I would rank SwSh as basically bottom of the barrel.

SwSh has like 2 solid bangers and the rest are largely forgettable.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Piers' Battle Theme is easily my favorite track & overall battle of S&S

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
what's a good set to run for G Darmanitan

e: I have no idea how to spell that

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

indigi posted:

Slap a band on, give it some combination of Icicle Crash/Earthquake/Stone Edge/Superpower/Zen Headbutt/Flare Blitz

gg

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

indigi posted:

Pick the buttons with the Big Numbers, slap a Choice Band on it. Do More number.

Unless you're zen mode then it's Salac berry, Belly drum/Substitiue/EQ/Icicle Crash. Do your EVs to make sure your HP is divisible by 4 so that after a sub and drum (or 3 subs) the berry activates. Go hog wild.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
scarf darm with uturn, icicle crash, and your choice of EQ/flare blitz/superpower/stone edge