Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Botw is the first stop for a new switch gamer accept nothing else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

tao of lmao posted:

Just mk8, sword/shield, and a 50$ giftcard. Not sure what to get yet.

smash bros......and probably bayo 2, zelda botw or links awakening, mario odyssey, if u havent played them already.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
SMASH BROS!!!!!!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Be sure to put down a pre-order on the Japanese physical release of Hatsune Miku Project DIVA Mega39s since there's no word yet on a western release date.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

In Training posted:

Be sure to put down a pre-order on the Japanese physical release of Hatsune Miku Project DIVA Mega39s since there's no word yet on a western release date.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

EmmyOk posted:

Botw is the first stop for a new switch gamer accept nothing else

Botw is game of the decade contender.... Do not wait to play it

Also I got gifted collection of mana so I guess I’ll let you all know how sd3 is :cheerdoge:

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Crossniq+ is on sale for $1 tomorrow
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CG-feYEN5JU

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I played Secret of Mana on an emulator like ten years ago and it was horrible. I refuse to believe this was ever considerd good

I prefer the Dark aesthetic of Secret of Evermore over the colorful SoM style but evermore is the weaker game overall.

Jeremy Soule did the music

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

I received Luigi’s mansion 3 and ffvii/viii for Christmas. Enjoying the hell out of Luigi’s mansion a couple hours into it.

And yeah, botw and odyssey are a must for a new switch.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

thanks

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

SpaceAceJase posted:

I prefer the Dark aesthetic of Secret of Evermore over the colorful SoM style but evermore is the weaker game overall.

Jeremy Soule did the music

noted sex pest jeremy soule you mean

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james

Stefan Prodan posted:

noted sex pest jeremy soule you mean

I forgot

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

many of the most best Switch games were Wii U games first. did you own the forgotten console?

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Bought a year worth of online, mario + rabids, and vanilla necrodancer. Still got like 10 bucks leftover.

Played botw on wii u and suck at smash, but will keep an eye out for odyssey and cadence of hyrule for sales.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Surprised how online the new pokemon games are. Fuckin raids?

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

tao of lmao posted:

Think i’ll get fire emblem but i’ll wait for a sale lol

get zelda and mario you stupid turd those are the only remotely good switch games

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

🖕

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

tao of lmao posted:

Played botw on wii u and suck at smash, but will keep an eye out for odyssey and cadence of hyrule for sales.

whew

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

news about smt v is the only thing sustaining me

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Trash Ops posted:

news about smt v is the only thing sustaining me

RIP

FreshCutFries
Sep 15, 2007

cadence of Hyrule kicks rear end, but necrodancer has way more stuff to do

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

tao of lmao posted:

Bought a year worth of online, mario + rabids, and vanilla necrodancer. Still got like 10 bucks leftover.

bayonetta 2........?

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

scary ghost dog posted:

bayonetta 2........?

i feel like this and MHGU are mandatory for the action loving gamer

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

mysterious loyall X posted:

get zelda and mario you stupid turd those are the only remotely good switch games

Have odyssey but haven’t played it

FreshCutFries
Sep 15, 2007

play odyssey

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

FreshCutFries posted:

play odyssey

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
i gort all the way to the moon in odyssey without iknowing how to do the dive

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Ffvii is good cause they mapped the speed increase and no encounters to presses of the control sticks rather than in menus. I remember this was a complaint for ffix but was it patched in eventually?

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

FreshCutFries posted:

play odyssey

ffs this

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Mario Odyssey ftw

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

tao of lmao posted:

get Luigi's Mansion 3, trust me on this

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Mario Odyssey is a GOAT

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Thanks for this. For $1, I thought it was worth a try. Their chill out mode is a nice relaxing play for the end of the day.

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.
https://twitter.com/limitlessjest/status/1210802704454303748

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
I think there was a smash bros thread but whatever .

https://twitter.com/ssbubot/status/1212253898578288641?s=21 there's a melee tourny that starts today

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

If Star Fox 2 didn't run so poorly I think it would be one of my favorite SNES games. It's a lot of fun

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Evil Eagle posted:

If Star Fox 2 didn't run so poorly I think it would be one of my favorite SNES games. It's a lot of fun

its not starfox unless it runs at 3 fps

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

https://youtu.be/nCwVTCxm29c

a new 30 sec trailer for animal crossing, doesn't show much, but I'm super excited to play it!

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

https://youtu.be/nCwVTCxm29c

a new 30 sec trailer for animal crossing, doesn't show much, but I'm super excited to play it!

Everyone Loves Animal Crossing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Evil Eagle posted:

That Star Fox stage in Wario Ware always wigged me out because it's legit Star Fox 1 @ 60 fps and it looks amazing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEwJHpEprIw

It's like it's a completely different game while looking identical. Check it out if you've never seen it before; it's a trip.

I always hoped someone could hack the real game to run like that but there's some Super FX overclocking but all it really does is make the game run faster

Also in agreement that starfox 2 is great. I beat it the day the SNES Classic came out (I couldn't hang with hard mode though, I gotta do that some day).