Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

HMS Beagle posted:

WIBTA if I stole my girlfriend’s daughter’s Pokémon card?

Like he literally acknowledges that he'd be stealing from a 6 year-old. Is stealing from a 6 year-old simply normal for this guy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
But she stole from him first!

:saddowns:

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

As easy as taking pokemon cards from a baby

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
This is unironically why a lot of schools banned Pokemon cards.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

If this guy wasn't a shitlord, explaining why that card is so special would be a great way to bond with a child that he may one day be a father figure to, depending on how serious he is about his girlfriend.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

My (25,f) therapist (50sf) is encouraging me to cheat on my boyfriend?

Hello. I have been with my boyfriend for 5 years and I have been seeing my therapist once a week for 4 weeks now.

My boyfriend has been a pretty crappy boyfriend this year. He has admitted to cheating on me, he is verbally and emotionally abusive and overall has low care for my feelings. I do plan to break up with him by the end of our lease (April) but for now I have to be cordial to him as we still live together. If I also attempt to break up with him while we’re still living together, he will make my life a living hell.

I told this all to my therapist. She is suggesting I start moving on now while we’re still “together” so I can completely remove him from my mind while focusing on someone else. She even suggested I message my ex-boyfriend. She also thinks “cheating” on him back will make the situation easier on myself. This was all told to me last night, so I ended up texting and having a conversation with my ex-boyfriend all while my boyfriend was laying next to me. I felt disgusting and grimy doing it, and I dont want to hurt my boyfriend or ex-boyfriend. I dont feel my therapist is giving me good advice. I’m not sure what to do.

Tl;dr: my therapist is encouraging me to cheat on my boyfriend to “get over him”

EDIT: thank you all for your advice. I will be changing therapists. I never think cheating is the right thing to do (no matter the circumstances) and I think people that cheat are horrible human beings. With that being said, I will not be cheating as my therapist suggested. There are a lot of reasons I cannot move out now, mainly being money. I can make it till April. Thank you again everyone.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
What the christ. Murder that 'therapist'

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
I call bullshit. (Who talks to their therapist at night?) At best, therapist suggested moving on, she decided to hit up her ex with bad results, now feels bad and wants someone to blame.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
https://twitter.com/mikedolanvevo/status/1211840171332767744?s=21

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

Sloth Life posted:

I call bullshit. (Who talks to their therapist at night?) At best, therapist suggested moving on, she decided to hit up her ex with bad results, now feels bad and wants someone to blame.
Uh, almost every therapist I've ever gone to had some kind of early evening availability a couple days a week, since adult clients usually have full-time day jobs. Not late late night, but something like "on Tuesdays and Thursdays, our latest appointment starts at 7 pm".

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

My boyfriend (19M) asked if he could have sex with his best friend (17F).

My boyfriend (19M) and I (17F) have been dating for 2 years. We’re in a normal healthy relationship. Randomly, two days ago, my boyfriend asked me during our FaceTime call if he could have sex with his best friend who is the same age as I am and goes to the same school as me.

Those two have been friends since the start of my freshmen year and they knew each other first. I’m casual friends with her and we knew each other since middle school but never had the interest to get close with each other. I know those two hang out every now and they’re like siblings to each other. They’ve been through a lot before I even knew him.

Two days ago, in call, he explained how his best friend just got through her heartbreak and she just really wants to lose her virginity before we graduate, just for the sake of it. I was so weirded out and disgusted. I try to be an understanding person and girlfriend but this really triggered me to the point of where I wanted to break up with him. Usually my boyfriend is very understanding with how I feel too but I could tell he was getting a bit upset when I told him how disgusted and disturbed I was that he even asked me. I try to be so understanding but I couldn’t understand why he would ask me in the first place. That just tells me he wants to have sex with her. I understand his point of trying to help out a very close friend and I know he doesn’t have feelings for her but I can’t deal with it. This whole situation just turned into an argument and I haven’t spoken to him since but he’s been trying to contact me. On his Instagram stories, he’s been hanging out with her and their friends together during this whole thing.

I just want to tell my story out to people and I want to know people’s opinions because I feel wrong. I understand my boyfriend but I can’t let him do that with another girl. Maybe I’m wrong, I don’t know.

TL;DR: My boyfriend asked if he could have sex with his best friend.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Smirking_Serpent posted:

TL;DR: My boyfriend asked if he could have sex with his best friend.

He already has and is just looking for cover

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Kitchner posted:

I'm Welsh and I could tell you how to pronounce it properly but I couldn't write it. You'd be better off looking at a YouTube video.

In Welsh "Ll" is it's own letter that doesn't exist in English and it's own sound. The best I can tell you I'm writing is that it sounds crossed between the English "ch" and "sh" sounds while trying to clear your throat.

Is it the ch in 'loch' in the Scottish sense?

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

didnt know gandalf was jesus

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

HardDiskD posted:

Have.... have you never seen the movies? Or read the book? They're not real subtle about it.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

HardDiskD posted:

It's pretty obvious if you think about it.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

HardDiskD posted:

didn't read the book or watch the movies, im guessing?

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

HardDiskD posted:

It's a coincidence. Gandolf was a maiar (basically an angel) who walked Middle Earth for about that long before the Balrog incident. Balrogs were basically corrupted maiar who threw in with Sauron's boss at the dawn of time.

Edit: Gandalf's more like Archangel Michael.

Beachcomber fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Jan 1, 2020

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
He comes back alive and has a beard and magic powers but he doesn't really absolve anybody of sins or anything like that.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Mr. Lobe posted:

As a gay, I would be put off as hell if I found out some girl went and told her boyfriend to play pretend gay to go to a party where straight boyfriends were not wanted. That's why I think she is an rear end in a top hat too.

also, it's not going to work. a straight dude in a gay party sticks out like an awkward, uncomfortable thumb who can't dance and is wearing way too many layers.

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

SalTheBard posted:

He already has and is just looking for cover

Yep. Guy is 19, probably in college, and looking around for more naive high school students to sleep with.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Beachcomber posted:

It's a coincidence. Gandolf was a maiar (basically an angel) who walked Middle Earth for about that long before the Balrog incident. Balrogs were basically corrupted maiar who threw in with Sauron's boss at the dawn of time.

Edit: Gandalf's more like Archangel Michael.

Not that much of a coincidence. Tolkien and CS Lewis hung out irl you know.

ad090
Oct 4, 2013

claws for alarm
AITA for not stopping my band's show because my girlfriend got caught in the moshpit?

quote:

Am using a throwaway though I'm not sure why because the second she sees this, she'll know it's about her.

Last Saturday my <23M>'s band was playing a gig at a bar. My GF <21F> just turned 21 in November, and this was her first chance to see us play outside of practice. I play bass and sing. We are a punk metal band. There were three bands playing, and we went on in the middle. Also, me and GF drove up together which ended up being a BIG MISTAKE.

She doesn't like my kind of music, but she was being supportive. The crowd wasn't very heavy but it was heavier than usual for this venue, so about 20-30 people during the first band. She's already complaining about being bored when the first band was playing and wanted to know why we got there so early. It's pretty much a thing to support the other bands when you're all playing. I told her we'd have to stay until after the third band and she was already in a bad mood. The crowd was not very rowdy during the first band.

Our time to play came on and we set up. As we were setting up about 10 more people showed up, mostly there to see the last band who is more popular than us, so by now the place is getting way more crowded than usual.

We go on, and she's right in the middle of the floor arms crossed watching us. Which I thought was pretty cool at first because she was there supporting us even though she was in a bad mood and didn't really want to be there. BUT

Our third song is really fast and heavy, and the crowd started circling. She didn't understand/realize/comprehend what was happening. I waved at her to move out of the way, and she did the Baby Yoda uncomprehending wave back. The crowd started running into each other and moshing.

Now, you gotta realize being in a band this is the ultimate rush and it was the first time this really happened for us so everybody was into it. But my GF didn't know WTF was going on, and instead of getting TF out of there she started pinging around like a drat ball in a pinball machine. I think the guys in the pit thought she was into it so they started smacking into her.

She ends up going down in the pit, and another dude trips over her and lands on her hard. I can see she's crying and screaming. The pit stops and some other girls pull her out. She's bleeding from her arm and goes to the bar, and I can see she's bleeding. She's pointing at her arm, screaming. I can't hear poo poo.

We play the next song, and she storms out. She ubers home and calls me like 15 times over the next 20 minutes of our set (We only play for like 35 minutes). i get off the stage to find a bunch of missed calls and texts.

She is full on RAGE PISSED I didn't immediately stop the song and save her from the mosh pit. I didn't warn her. (I honestly didn't think it would happen). Tonight she blew off our NYE plans because of the incident and both the drummer in my band and some of our mutual friends told me i'm a complete A-hole. I honestly don't think i am. Am I the A-Hole?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Lmao what a great way to :sever:

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

ad090 posted:

AITA for not stopping my band's show because my girlfriend got caught in the moshpit?

My mental image of the night

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

ad090 posted:

some of the texts she sent him

quote:

Why don't you listen to me when I try to talk to you

quote:

Stop thinking of yourself, for just a second, fool

quote:

Shut up, shut up, I don't want to hear your mouth

quote:

Your mother made a monster, now get the hell out of my house

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I see his new albums song list is really taking shape.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

My mental image of the night

I would not begin a mosh pit around something whose teeth are at crotch height.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I'm surprised the drummer is taking the girl's side. Kind of ridiculous to expect the band to stop playing here IMO.

Spending three hours miserable and confused is not the only way to show support for your partner. Going to the punk/metal gig when that's not your scene was a mistake in the first place.

Hellblazer187 fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Jan 1, 2020

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

ad090 posted:

:sever:

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice
When I googled the mosh pit post the first results were stories about big bands pausing a show to check on a fan that was hurt in a mosh pit so I guess its a thing bands that care do?

It doesn't matter, they are done.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Hm. I guess I'm just not seeing how it would really even be possible. Sounds like everything happened really fast. But yeah they are obviously done at this point.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Hellblazer187 posted:

I'm surprised the drummer is taking the girl's side. Kind of ridiculous to expect the band to stop playing here IMO.

Spending three hours miserable and confused is not the only way to show support for your partner. Going to the punk/metal gig when that's not your scene was a mistake in the first place.

Yeah, like if those other girls didn't help her sure, stop it temporarily, but expecting them to up and cancel the gig because she got a booboo while (albeit unwittingly) standing in a mosh pit is pretty ridiculous.

ad090
Oct 4, 2013

claws for alarm
People in the comments are talking about how big and small bands will more often then not stop playing if someone gets hurt, or call people out for being shitheads, and apparently Kurt Cobain for instance was famous for stopping shows and yelling at the crowd to calm down.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
It really depends on the genre nowadays, lot of punk bands will open with something nice about respecting personal space, lot of hardcore bands you get kicked in the head.

Someone will always help you off the floor immediately no matter how brutal the show is. Occasionally bands will stop a song if too many people are getting knocked down, usually they just say "let's turn down the intensity a little" between songs.

I think I've only really seen a show stopped because of like a 6-man brawl, that's a bad idea, people get angry. Fortunately it was just those same guys fighting in the street after.

If his gf was really so unfamiliar with the territory of that scene, he is the rear end in a top hat for not telling her what to expect. Maybe she is a poser and he thought she would know.

tldr: don't date guys in bands

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Pinecone Sample posted:

Support their careers by alleviating them of the distraction of a relationship

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

He probably should have paused and let her get out of the forming most pit instead of just waving at her, it doesn't sound like she got hurt too bad but my understanding is an unprepared person can get fairly hurt before the people around them realize what's happening.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

My vague understanding of moshing is it's several steps down from a stampede dynamic, where people have the ability to step back and give you space and stop if you get hurt and people are prepared and taking precautions to not get completely wrecked or wreck someone, but the tight packing and movement means someone who isn't prepared or is small can get hurt pretty bad pretty fast and once people start falling on other people you want to stop because that gets out of hand.

What I'm saying is I'm kind of unclear exactly how hurt his ex-gf was because he's being so vague, and even if she only scraped her arm on something the dude who fell on her was wearing and is bruised up it's an absolutely terrifying situation to be in unexpectedly.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Pinecone Sample posted:

Ehhhhh

Pinecone Sample posted:

tldr: don't date

Nailed it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

Hellblazer187 posted:

Hm. I guess I'm just not seeing how it would really even be possible. Sounds like everything happened really fast.

quote:

She ends up going down in the pit, and another dude trips over her and lands on her hard. I can see she's crying and screaming. The pit stops and some other girls pull her out. She's bleeding from her arm and goes to the bar, and I can see she's bleeding. She's pointing at her arm, screaming. I can't hear poo poo.

We play the next song,