Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Tifa
Aerith
Aeris
View Results

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

WaltherFeng posted:

I wonder how many used/unused assets from FFXV show up in this game

I hope the cool rock comes back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Electric Phantasm posted:

I hope the cool rock comes back.

Do you mean the giant turtle?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

RatHat posted:

Do you mean the giant turtle?

https://twitter.com/FFXVEN/status/655096152954572803

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

NikkolasKing posted:

Also, me being the clueless person that I am, I wasn't sure about something but somebody independently saw the scene exactly the same way.

AVALANCHE'S bomb did little damage in this. It was Shinra causing their machines to go haywire that led to a much more dramatic explosion. So AVALANCHE are not murderous terrorists in this.

Fuckin' called it. Then again, so did a lot of people.

I don't really like that change. Feels like it was done just to make the leads less morally grey.

Elentor posted:

You could have the cake and eat it too by having Heidegger ask Pres. Shinra if he wants the anti-bomb unit or whatever to disarm the bomb and Pres. Shinra went "no".

This would be a good compromise.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Jan 1, 2020

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Kheldarn posted:

Apparently, the Demo PKG was leaked, and someone was able to get it up and running on a dev version PS4.

If you want to watch a 30 min video in 360p it now goes up to 1080p, do it before it's pulled.

Hype levels are in over drive now.

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

NikkolasKing posted:

AVALANCHE'S bomb did little damage in this. It was Shinra causing their machines to go haywire that led to a much more dramatic explosion. So AVALANCHE are not murderous terrorists in this.

Who wants to bet people online are going to try to turn this into a “Han shot first.” type scenario?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

NikkolasKing posted:

Also, me being the clueless person that I am, I wasn't sure about something but somebody independently saw the scene exactly the same way.

Fuckin' called it. Then again, so did a lot of people.

Not a fan of this change, but I understand why Square-Enix made it. I'm okay with it, but not the change I would have made.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Some people are gonna absolutely lose their poo poo over that lol

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Well at first I was gonna say game was 0/10 confirmed dogshit because Barret doesn't say the line on the elevator but then I heard this and now I'm seriously going to suffer waiting for this to come out on PC

https://youtu.be/Gc8IBpoFPW8?t=1454

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Seriously, I love that they’re keeping (and adding!) a lot of goofy poo poo here. This doesn’t look to suffer from the you-will-take-my-anime-seriously syndrome that a lot of the Compilation stuff suffered from.

Weasling Weasel
Oct 20, 2010
Barrett shot first.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Son of a Vondruke! posted:

Who wants to bet people online are going to try to turn this into a “Han shot first.” type scenario?

President Shinra: Maclunkey!

Weasling Weasel posted:

Barrett shot first.

I think you'll find that was Scarlet.

Chillgamesh posted:

Well at first I was gonna say game was 0/10 confirmed dogshit because Barret doesn't say the line on the elevator but then I heard this and now I'm seriously going to suffer waiting for this to come out on PC

That was funny, but it felt more like a Yuffie thing than something for Barret. Especially at this point in the game when he's at his grumpiest.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Jan 1, 2020

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

HD DAD posted:

Seriously, I love that they’re keeping (and adding!) a lot of goofy poo poo here. This doesn’t look to suffer from the you-will-take-my-anime-seriously syndrome that a lot of the Compilation stuff suffered from.

I'm glad they seem to be keeping the weirdo silly tone too, it's so drat endearing.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
I don't know why, but it makes me happy to hear another variation of the main battle theme that we haven't heard previously in any of the trailers.

It feels weird, even moreso than FFXV leading up to release, to watch this game come together. Like... it felt more intangible than XV ever did.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Chillgamesh posted:

Oh my god I hate it and I love it.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

That was funny, but it felt more like a Yuffie thing than something for Barret. Especially at this point in the game when he's at his grumpiest.

Nah I think it makes sense for him right now, he's full of righteous anger but also bravado, if anything he's at his happiest at the beginning because he's fighting the good fight.

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

WaltherFeng posted:

I wonder how many used/unused assets from FFXV show up in this game

Cup Noodle quest??

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

PancakeTransmission posted:

Cup Noodle quest??

The water’s boilin’, Cloud!!

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
You need the egg from the top of Fort Condor to make the ultimate Cup Noodles.

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU
How long is the expected delay between PS4 and PC? 6 months?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Zarin posted:

How long is the expected delay between PS4 and PC? 6 months?

1 year

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Jan 2, 2020

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

Oh, welp. Yep, guess I'm definitely getting it on the PS4 then.

Which makes me wonder . . . by the time the project is complete, will the last installment come out on the PS5 or something?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Zarin posted:

Which makes me wonder . . . by the time the project is complete, will the last installment come out on the PS5 or something?

the way square works, the last installment could well be on the ps6, or never exist at all because climate change has sunk japan beneath the hungering waves

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Zarin posted:

I'm guessing it will on the ps4 and ps5, even if it takes another 6-7 years to complete the remaining episodes. The install base is huge and the ps5 is supposed to be backwards compatible with ps4 games anyways. Just turn down some of the effects and ship it. Persona 5 had a ps3 and ps4 release.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Already looking forward to FF7 Remake Remastered.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I just don't know how they're gonna keep the same pacing and I doubt they will. I suspect that the "open worldness" of the whole post-Midgar section will be highly abbreviated in some way or else parts 2 and 3 would only get to the end of disc 1, mayyyyybe 1/4 into disc 2

But you know dang well they're gonna end one of the parts on Aeris dying and unless they hurry things along there's no way part 2 gets all the way there

This thing's gotta end up being like 5 parts at a bare minimum and that's fuckin nuts lol

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

NikkolasKing posted:

One thing that is really disconcerting from time to time is how everyone in a Japanese game makes noises all the time. Everybody is gasping or sucking in their breath any time they do anything.

Jesie: *random breath* You and Tifa bangin'?
Cloud: *turns head exhales, thinking* Tifa and I...
Jessie: *more little gasps*
Christ yes. Annoying as hell, (particularly for someone who is unused to it)

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
Folks are already datamining some resources from the beta: https://twitter.com/OtherEhm/status/1212513660293304321

(read Twitter thread, spoilers on folks that haven't been shown yet)

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

precision posted:

I just don't know how they're gonna keep the same pacing and I doubt they will. I suspect that the "open worldness" of the whole post-Midgar section will be highly abbreviated in some way or else parts 2 and 3 would only get to the end of disc 1, mayyyyybe 1/4 into disc 2

But you know dang well they're gonna end one of the parts on Aeris dying and unless they hurry things along there's no way part 2 gets all the way there

This thing's gotta end up being like 5 parts at a bare minimum and that's fuckin nuts lol

I could easily see it being 6 tbh
Ch.1 Start of Disc 1 > Leaving Midgar
Ch.2 Kalm > Cosmo Canyon with a ton of new towns and distractions to pad out the playtime
Ch.3 Nibelheim > End of Disc 1
Ch.4 Start of Disc 2 > Cloud's Psyche
Ch.5 The Rocket Town Mission > End of Disc 2
Ch.6 Disc 3

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Yeah that sounds pretty likely

Assuming that the golden saucer isn't its own entire game, of course :v:

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
this has xenosaga written all over it.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

series will never be finished

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Webbeh posted:

Folks are already datamining some resources from the beta: https://twitter.com/OtherEhm/status/1212513660293304321

VII Remake's got leaked hard. Even the final boss has been posted. No surprise that it's Jenova-Sephiroth.

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

Chillgamesh posted:

I could easily see it being 6 tbh
Ch.1 Start of Disc 1 > Leaving Midgar
Ch.2 Kalm > Cosmo Canyon with a ton of new towns and distractions to pad out the playtime
Ch.3 Nibelheim > End of Disc 1
Ch.4 Start of Disc 2 > Cloud's Psyche
Ch.5 The Rocket Town Mission > End of Disc 2
Ch.6 Disc 3

The only reason the original game had 3 discs was the amount of movies. Disc 3 was just the northern crater so that wouldn't be it's own chapter in a remake considering it's like an hour or two long. I'm expecting some of the Kalm story dump to be moved into Midgar.

And they've already said (claimed) that each part will be the length of FF13 so a 6-parter would be really hard to stretch out. And personally I think any more than 3 parts and sales will really start to drop off.

There's no reason that 2 parts can't cover the rest of the game post-Midgar, since the hardest parts (engine,initial assets,gameplay refinements) will be done.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Webbeh posted:

drat, there’s even some stuff that’s not even supposed to be in part one stashed in the demo somehow.

Choco Bill and Aerith in Gongaga

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Webbeh posted:

Even President Shinra spends time at the Honey Bee Inn

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

VII Remake's got leaked hard. Even the final boss has been posted. No surprise that it's Jenova-Sephiroth.

Wait seriously?

Red XIII looks amazing and speaking of

https://twitter.com/matthewmercer/status/1188643331946844161

:thunk:

Electric Phantasm fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Jan 2, 2020

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Square-Enix sure are being nice not taking down any of these full demo playthroughs or datamines yet. :kiddo:

Or like, is it just because this all happened during the New Years Eve/Day time period and there's like literally nobody at the office to react to everything that's happened?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

Wait seriously?

Yes. https://imgur.com/a/m9hPLxR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
I’m pretty sure someone at SE or Sony is gonna get fired into the sun.