Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

movax
Aug 30, 2008

Memento posted:

I just thought it would be funny to see 12 year olds and 37 year old neckbeards trying to get in to get that fat bear thing

It’s OK, you don’t have to pretend you don’t know what a Snorlax is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

movax posted:

It’s OK, you don’t have to pretend you don’t know what a Snorlax is.

He’s no Big Dick Bee that’s for sure

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Memento posted:

I just thought it would be funny to see 12 year olds and 37 year old neckbeards trying to get in to get that fat bear thing

Po‐143

NATO reporting name: “Fat Bear Thing”

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
Jesus where’s MCAS when you need it.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Phanatic posted:

Jesus where’s MCAS when you need it.

lol drat

HelleSpud
Apr 1, 2010

https://theweek.com/articles/528890/inside-pentagon

"During the Cold War, the USSR noticed an unusually heavy stream of personnel to and from a structure in the center of the Pentagon’s five-acre courtyard. Figuring it was a vital command installation, the Soviets kept two nuclear missiles trained on it. But it was—and is—only a snack bar."

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Didn't they also have a missile locked on a hot dog stand as well?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Doobie knows what he did

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

Never felt at home in reality
Always hiding behind avatars

HelleSpud posted:

"During the Cold War, the USSR noticed an unusually heavy stream of personnel to and from a structure in the center of the Pentagon’s five-acre courtyard. Figuring it was a vital command installation, the Soviets kept two nuclear missiles trained on it. But it was—and is—only a snack bar."

It's now a restaurant the focuses on breakfast foods

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

HelleSpud posted:

I’ve always wondered if they had two just for that or if they just had them heading for the center of Adversary #1’s military headquarters. I don’t know much about Soviet military doctrine; that seems light but maybe they had two for each side and then two more in the center for an even dozen?

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Sounds urban legendy. I’m sure the pentagon was targeted for many many warheads regardless of observed snack bar activity

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
It's an urban legend. By the time the Soviets had "satellite intelligence," they'd have had a small legion of spies, from the compromised to the incentivized and ideological, to tell them it was just a hot dog stand in a courtyard.

Everyone knows the secret entrance to the *real* NMCC is in the back of the kitchen in Tony Luke's, anyways. >.>

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Memento posted:

Doobie knows what he did

Doobie did nothing right

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
He made a lot of goons laugh real hard

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Counterforce targeting. Piled high.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
This is a post reminder so I can write up the the following stories:

In-flight tampon encounter

How telling guys in the squadron about your sister being a suicide girl is a self-critiquing mistake

Barricading yourself in a bathroom because the A1C you’re rooming with on TDY is home schooled, into knives, and is a nudist

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

holocaust bloopers posted:

This is a post reminder so I can write up the the following stories:

In-flight tampon encounter

How telling guys in the squadron about your sister being a suicide girl is a self-critiquing mistake

Barricading yourself in a bathroom because the A1C you’re rooming with on TDY is home schooled, into knives, and is a nudist

Please write these stores in the following order:

1) Suicide Girl sister.
2) Nudist bathroom barricade
3) Flying tampon

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I've heard the tampon story, save that one for last.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Please write these stores in the following order:

1) Suicide Girl sister.
2) Nudist bathroom barricade
3) Flying tampon

That’s funnier than the time my friends found out my mom was an exotic dancer.

“THE WEBSITE CLEARLY STATES NO NUDITY gently caress YOU GUYS!!!!! “

She was a pretty good belly dancer and made $200 an hour for gigs.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGWpz3b27ds

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

LingcodKilla posted:

That’s funnier than the time my friends found out my mom was an exotic dancer.

“THE WEBSITE CLEARLY STATES NO NUDITY gently caress YOU GUYS!!!!! “

She was a pretty good belly dancer and made $200 an hour for gigs.

Ummmmmmm... trap sprung?

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Ummmmmmm... trap sprung?

Meh. My moms 60 now, landed a good dude and just teaches these days.

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011

EBB posted:

I've heard the tampon story, save that one for last.

I have short non-fic about (falling) devil fingers.

When I worked on a tugboat a few years back I discovered that the local seagulls would raid the dumpsters and find tampons and applicators. They’d eat either or both and then vomit them onto the decks of the tug fairly regularly.

The end.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

I got some hot tea for you guys later

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Dingleberry posted:

I have short non-fic about (falling) devil fingers.

When I worked on a tugboat a few years back I discovered that the local seagulls would raid the dumpsters and find tampons and applicators. They’d eat either or both and then vomit them onto the decks of the tug fairly regularly.

The end.

That's beautiful. Eat that, shitbird... and they did.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

ElMaligno posted:

I got some hot tea for you guys later

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLi4n4iXY-A

:rip: :nallears:

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Not sure if this has ever been posted, but I came across it watching Generation Kill clips and honestly thought it was a deleted scene I'd never seen before: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPnWOks7zsk

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Is that from the new movie a combat veteran on yt was working on?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

It's from the VetTV idiots. They're a bunch of Black Rifle Coffee wannabes, and that's nothing to aspire to.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Casimir Radon posted:

It's from the VetTV idiots. They're a bunch of Black Rifle Coffee wannabes, and that's nothing to aspire to.

I found them to be more humorous and contemptuous of the military in a fun goofy way. But I haven't watched all their poo poo, so im not going to pretend. Just in the interviews and stuff the head of VetTV doesn't seem like an utter douche like some of the others.

Cue 14 youtube clips proving me wrong.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

bulletsponge13 posted:

I found them to be more humorous and contemptuous of the military in a fun goofy way. But I haven't watched all their poo poo, so im not going to pretend. Just in the interviews and stuff the head of VetTV doesn't seem like an utter douche like some of the others.

Cue 14 youtube clips proving me wrong.
Someone did a short documentary about them within the last couple of years. The founder was either oblivious or didn't care that he was making an actress uncomfortable with jokes about her getting finger banged by Marines in a sketch.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Def need to see that.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Viva Miriya posted:

Def need to see that.
Found it.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Knew it would happen.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Appreciate this, even if its Vice. Wow.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

So we need to talk help how the coast guard uses helicopters during SAR. See when we send a helicopter to do its thing, we talk to them and they talk to us. Communication is vital in all the steps.

We had a disabled, adrift vessel with one person on board and one nautical mile away from land. The nearest coast guard small boat was 40 minutes away...

Which was fine, we had enough time.

But we had a visiting coast guard helicopter who was getting ready to leave home and decided to ask if they could get on the action. You know just do a fly by, find the vessel and leave.

And so they flew.

And they decided to orbit and wait for the coast guard small boat. And they decided to lower their rescue swimmer. And they decided to get the person out of the boat. You know without letting anyone know about their intentions.

Worse of all was the poor coast guard small boat couldn't do anything becase the other boat is now unmanned and dangerous to tow.

Oh and that boat was the guys home, so now he be homeless.

Thanks coast guard.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

ahhh that's the classic testosterone-driven incompetence the military is known for

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.

ElMaligno posted:

So we need to talk help how the coast guard uses helicopters during SAR. See when we send a helicopter to do its thing, we talk to them and they talk to us. Communication is vital in all the steps.

We had a disabled, adrift vessel with one person on board and one nautical mile away from land. The nearest coast guard small boat was 40 minutes away...

Which was fine, we had enough time.

But we had a visiting coast guard helicopter who was getting ready to leave home and decided to ask if they could get on the action. You know just do a fly by, find the vessel and leave.

And so they flew.

And they decided to orbit and wait for the coast guard small boat. And they decided to lower their rescue swimmer. And they decided to get the person out of the boat. You know without letting anyone know about their intentions.

Worse of all was the poor coast guard small boat couldn't do anything becase the other boat is now unmanned and dangerous to tow.

Oh and that boat was the guys home, so now he be homeless.

Thanks coast guard.

Rotor heads are loving retards nine times out of ten. Cause and effect means nothing to them cause they never have to deal with the consequences till one of them gets caught smuggling kilos of coke using CG assets.

Melthir fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Jan 4, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Please, using government vehicles to smuggle cocaine is the domain of SF.

https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-army/2019/05/01/former-army-green-berets-sentenced-in-colombian-cocaine-smuggling-plot/