Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
Yep, Body of Light, Twin Tribes and Laibach for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whispering Machines
Dec 27, 2005

Monsters? They look like monsters to you?
I wasn't too into Body of Light til I saw em live before DM and loooved their set. Super fun to watch and catchy as hell.

My top spotify listens were Health (Feel Nothing is like, number one gym jam for me this year), Louisahhh, ESA, SIERRA, and the new STRVNGRS and Grendel. Previous couple of years 3TEETH dominated but I don't like their new album/general direction/crowdfunding $2k for a lizard man mask.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
:siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtaY1fZgUUk

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
also like the dude cracking up at 0:59. that's pretty much me at most industrial shows

MEGA

TANK

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa

thotsky posted:

If you have not already check out Drab Majesty's label mates Body of Light; they opened for Drab Majesty when they played here and I much preferred them. Don't Pretend is killer.

I saw them with HIDE in Atlanta and holeeeee poo poo that was an incredible show. Got to chat up both the guys from BoL and Deb from Drab Majesty and they are all just the coolest people ever. Same with Twin Tribes, they came to Tampa for Absolution Fest in October (look it up, 2020 is going to have an incredible line up) and were drinking with everyone the day before they played.

Also has anyone been listening to Moris Blak?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xhCmUsNci4
This 10 minute long song has been getting a lot of play down here.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
i am now

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa

Pomp posted:

i am now

I recommend that entire album but ESPECIALLY that track. It's a fuckin journey

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Twin Tribes is awesome. I said some nice things to the singer / guitar player after one show at this goth dance thingy. The bass player was off on the dance floor getting down to The Prodigy

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Mega Tank best song 2019

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa
I’m in a Panther Modern mood.

https://open.spotify.com/track/228MRl8A6ZUHib5lf5iRiX?si=6_46d0S_ReC9BsC07Ll7pg

Whispering Machines
Dec 27, 2005

CherryCola posted:

Also has anyone been listening to Moris Blak?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xhCmUsNci4
This 10 minute long song has been getting a lot of play down here.

Ohhhhh the dude behind MB is one of my IRL best friends! :D Where have you been hearing his stuff?

For everyone else, hi this is my friends project: https://morisblakngp.bandcamp.com/

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Yoinked from Slack:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa

Whispering Machines posted:

Ohhhhh the dude behind MB is one of my IRL best friends! :D Where have you been hearing his stuff?

For everyone else, hi this is my friends project: https://morisblakngp.bandcamp.com/

gently caress WHAAAAT?? One of my bestest friends down in Tampa is DJ Maus who is one of the DJs for Communion After Dark. She has been playing his stuff all over the place, including that ten minute long title track on Communion After Dark’s weekly show. We’re both pretty much obsessed.

Dude I just LOVE his sound! I think some people are trying to get him down here at some point.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Pope Guilty posted:

Yoinked from Slack:

Put icing on this man
To sell him to other men
Sell him to other men
At ten times his price, at least

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa
Also Mascarpone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0_C3DAZvC0

Almost all my DJ friends have played Mascarpone at some point and I'm like, oh this is amazing, I should add it to my spotify playlist. Then I see it's not on Spotify and tell myself I'll look them up on Bandcamp when I get home. Then I forget. And the cycle continues. Anyway, finally remembered and bought both the Video Club - EP and Nonsense. It's good poo poo.

https://mascarponetechno.bandcamp.com/

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa
OH also. My friend DJ IVNX recently did a guest set at The Castle (big goth club in Tampa) and it's full of really fuckin good dark electro and heavy industrial beats. He put the whole set on Mixcloud.

https://www.mixcloud.com/DJIVNX/svrndr-episode-20/

Whispering Machines
Dec 27, 2005

CherryCola posted:

gently caress WHAAAAT?? One of my bestest friends down in Tampa is DJ Maus who is one of the DJs for Communion After Dark. She has been playing his stuff all over the place, including that ten minute long title track on Communion After Dark’s weekly show. We’re both pretty much obsessed.

Dude I just LOVE his sound! I think some people are trying to get him down here at some point.

Oh wild! I've seen him probably 6-7 times at this point, did the album art for him, etc. I sent him a screenshot of your post and he knows DJ Maus (not sure if IRL or just online)! Does JD from Grendel DJ at The Castle? I know he (and maybe still Derek from Ghostfeeder) are based in Tampa.

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa

Oh wild! I've seen him probably 6-7 times at this point, did the album art for him, etc. I sent him a screenshot of your post and he knows DJ Maus (not sure if IRL or just online)! Does JD from Grendel DJ at The Castle? I know he (and maybe still Derek from Ghostfeeder) are based in Tampa.

I don’t think JD DJ’s (lol) but I know he moved down here. I just haven’t really talked to him, just seen him at parties and stuff. Also great job on the album art!

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

this is super good trance techno - playing Nonsense now - fave track "Toxic Infinity"

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

david_a posted:

Put icing on this man
To sell him to other men
Sell him to other men
At ten times his price, at least

:master:

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
https://twitter.com/industrial_book/status/1209589761524092928

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Destroying the sanctity of music by *checks notes* making it your own?

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa
This guy is from Costa Rica and has a bit of a darkwave song (I’m assuming this is the best thread for that so far)

Mavroskeleto - In the Dark I’d Like to Stay
https://open.spotify.com/track/1by5kB4n1YzHtMDY1itPYg?si=C7IsTq-nTc2pZQJhCAgKDQ

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa
Oh and just for fun, here's a playlist of every band I saw in 2019 in order, lots of good heavy poo poo. Plus a bunch of local Tampa/Florida artists (which I guess includes Grendel now).

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/7LAAitH5BfzijdUD6VBNUu?si=Xw3ZDgbqR5Cj6VOoNYOsWQ

Tracklist plus when the show was:

Noname- Forever (January 18th at the Ritz)
GENITORTURERS- Flesh is the Law
Lords of Acid - What the gently caress! (March 19th at the Orpheum)
Boy Harsher - Motion (April 5th at Crowbar)
Nasal Spray - All I Want is You
Glove - Enervate (June 14th at Hooch and Hive)
13th Angel Fallen Angel
suicide commando - Schizotopia (June 21st at Orpheum)
GRENDEL - Hex it (July 6th at Orpheum)
ÆON RINGS - Drowning
SINE - S.I.N. (July 12th at Hooch and Hive. missed curse mackey)
Body of Light - Dangerous
HIVE - Everyone’s Dead
Drab Majesty - Dolls in the Dark (August 3rd at The Masquerade in Atlanta)
Sleepingpills - Jet Black (August 10th, twist in the dark a summer solstice with Entertainment and Aeon Rings at Crowbar)
Voicecoil - Perfect Dark
Ruined Conflict - Evolution (August 23rd at Crowbar)
Nevada Hardware - Smash Cut
Giant Monsters on the Horizon - Anhedonia
Alpha Quadrant - Skvlls
Ghostfeeder - Veins (August 30th at Crowbar)
Boris - Pink (August 30th at Orpheum)
LAZERPUNK - Speedracer
Empathy Test - Empty Handed
Aesthetic Perfection - Spit it Out (September 20th at Orpheum)
GZA - Shadowboxing (September 22nd at Orpheum)
Cold Medicine - Jaded Love
Pink Turns Blue - Walking on Both Sides (September 28 at Crowbar)
~*Absolution Fest*~
(October 4th and 5th at Crowbar and The Orpheum)
Panic Priest - Sideways
Push Button Press - Mire and the Sea (S Y Z Y G Y X remix)
Bootblacks - The Longest Night
Ritual Howls - Love Cuts
ACTORS - Slaves
Twin Tribes - Fantasmas
WINGTIPS - After the Storm
Creux Lies - Silhouette
Astari Nite - Dearly Beloved
~*~*~*~*~
Curse Mackey - O’Blasphemy
MY LIFE WITH THE THRILL KILL KULT (Official) - After the Flesh (November 2nd at Crowbar)
ChameleonsVox - Here Today (November 5th at Crowbar)
The HU- Yuve Yuve Yu (November 7th at Orpheum)
Leaether Strip - Evil Speaks (November 8th at Orpheum)
Beshken - Grey Ghost
altopalo - mud
Com Truise - Persuasion System (November 16th at Crowbar)
Syn Nine - Hold On (December 6th at Stonewall in Orlando)
CULTTASTIC - Quantum Girl
PASTEL GHOST - Skeleton
Mr.Kitty - Trauma (December 7th at The Orpheum)
S Y Z Y G Y X - Die Like a Rockstar (December 13th at Stonewall in Orlando

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

How do you live in Tampa and not see 00tz-00tz AND miss the Hocico show :psyduck:

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa

13Pandora13 posted:

How do you live in Tampa and not see 00tz-00tz AND miss the Hocico show :psyduck:

I did see 00tz 00tz! When they opened for Leather Strip. My friend actually plays synth for them when they play live. I missed Hocico because I just moved here a year ago and wasn’t in my concert groove and hadn’t really listened then until like two weeks AFTER they came to town. I was so pissed when I realized my error.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Does Moris Blak ever like...tour? The only date I see is SXSW. The Irregularity Of Being is extremely my poo poo.

Communion After Dark put me on to Wolfchild as well and their LP is nigh loving impossible to buy. I get that not everyone likes digital distribution but holy poo poo let Americans buy your music somehow. :negative:

CherryCola posted:

I did see 00tz 00tz! When they opened for Leather Strip. My friend actually plays synth for them when they play live. I missed Hocico because I just moved here a year ago and wasn’t in my concert groove and hadn’t really listened then until like two weeks AFTER they came to town. I was so pissed when I realized my error.

I am also pissed on your behalf. Hocico owns and they're like, never on the East coast on the rare occasion they tour US at all.

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa

13Pandora13 posted:

Does Moris Blak ever like...tour? The only date I see is SXSW. The Irregularity Of Being is extremely my poo poo.

Communion After Dark put me on to Wolfchild as well and their LP is nigh loving impossible to buy. I get that not everyone likes digital distribution but holy poo poo let Americans buy your music somehow. :negative:

I am also pissed on your behalf. Hocico owns and they're like, never on the East coast on the rare occasion they tour US at all.

Bandcamp is usually your best bet. I can always ask one of my friends too if there’s something you’re really unable to find. There’s this one song by Tulipe Noir that I just LOVE but like only my friend has it because apparently the artist took it down in the hopes of a record deal or something,

And yeah, apparently the Hocico show was their only Florida date.

I’m looking forward to some cool shows in 2020 though, I know some people are trying to promote the dark-electro/industrial scene more (Like DJ IVNX and DJ Veine especially)

That sxsw showcase is going to be amazing though. I just saw Mr.Kitty, Pastel Ghost and Culttastic and it was one of the best shows I’ve been to hands down

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

CherryCola posted:

Bandcamp is usually your best bet. I can always ask one of my friends too if there’s something you’re really unable to find. There’s this one song by Tulipe Noir that I just LOVE but like only my friend has it because apparently the artist took it down in the hopes of a record deal or something,

And yeah, apparently the Hocico show was their only Florida date.

I’m looking forward to some cool shows in 2020 though, I know some people are trying to promote the dark-electro/industrial scene more (Like DJ IVNX and DJ Veine especially)

That sxsw showcase is going to be amazing though. I just saw Mr.Kitty, Pastel Ghost and Culttastic and it was one of the best shows I’ve been to hands down

They (unfortunately) don't have a Bandcamp presence but their (Hungarian) label got back to me today to purchase a CD. 17 EUR for the CD inc'l shipping + VAT isn't bad, I'm just glad I could get it.

Whispering Machines
Dec 27, 2005

13Pandora13 posted:

He will this year! It's still being figured out. Keep an eye on the FB page for updates... :ghost:

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
Not quite the usual bleep around here, but Alex Reed just recorded an album in 20 hours and put it up. The first album written in the 2020s. It's ... okay!

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa

He will this year! It's still being figured out. Keep an eye on the FB page for updates... :ghost:

I think there’s going to be some news in the next few days perhaps.

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa
OH HEY! Kickass goth collective Obscura Undead just put out a compilation of independent goth/dark wave/post-punk/deathrock music released in 2019. 30 tracks and it's pay what you want! I can personally vouch for a lot of good-rear end music being on this. (Plus I came up with the name of the compilation!)

https://obscuraundead.bandcamp.com/album/unobscured-vol-1-comp-1-2019

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa
This is an insanely aggressive dark electro mix by my friends DJ Veine and DJ IVNX

https://www.mixcloud.com/dj-veine/void-episode-2/

There’s actually a Moris Blak song in it! Also Garçons, who i looooooove

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Fuuuuck yes. Also :f5: for the Poppy remix with him and Static Starlight.

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa
My friend DJ IVNX just put out a new dark electro mix and it’s good poo poo

https://www.mixcloud.com/DJIVNX/svrndr-episode-21/

mfny
Aug 17, 2008
Listening to FLA - Millennium (the whole album) right now for the first time in a while and yes, this still owns...

That is all.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

mfny posted:

Listening to FLA - Millennium (the whole album) right now for the first time in a while and yes, this still owns...

That is all.

Really is a great album, Victim of a Criminal is such a great track.

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Catjaw is a hero of the people

MassRafTer posted:

Really is a great album, Victim of a Criminal is such a great track.

If you can hunt a copy down, there's a P.O.W.E.R. album that's basically that song strung out over a whole album

edit:
Oh, it's on Spotify
https://open.spotify.com/album/6SVhPiosVZHtKNOm51OsZD

SacrificialGoat fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Jan 10, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
I’ve heard that This Faith is the only remnant of the scrapped first version of the album which is why it’s noticeably different than the rest of the tracks. The original version got reworked and released as one of their billion side projects (possibly Noise Unit - Decoder?).

Edit: refreshing myself on what Decoder sounds like and it seems very plausible

david_a fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Jan 10, 2020