Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Most child abuse is carried out by people looking for defenseless victims rather than anyone acting out of a strict pathology. American culture itself reinforces sexual desire of defenseless children by fixating so narrowly on the arbitrary line of an 18th birthday, where loving as close to the line without going over is supposed to be a desirable goal. The attendant attitude is that people arbitrarily move from defenseless childhood to full adulthood by calendar date. Sex is largely understood in predatory terms in contemporary culture, though less than it used to be.

You’d have to change all that before you could properly isolate the pathological cases, if they exist apart from the sadism and predation that characterizes all csa.

drat, that's a really helpful way to frame it. Thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Most child abuse is carried out by people looking for defenseless victims rather than anyone acting out of a strict pathology. American culture itself reinforces sexual desire of defenseless children by fixating so narrowly on the arbitrary line of an 18th birthday, where loving as close to the line without going over is supposed to be a desirable goal. The attendant attitude is that people arbitrarily move from defenseless childhood to full adulthood by calendar date. Sex is largely understood in predatory terms in contemporary culture, though less than it used to be.

You’d have to change all that before you could properly isolate the pathological cases, if they exist apart from the sadism and predation that characterizes all csa.

It's easy to overlook how Britney Spears career first took off or, even grosser, the Olsen twins countdown.

edit: removed quote, might be too close to forums drama.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY has issued a correction as of 05:24 on Jan 2, 2020

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

It's easy to overlook how Britney Spears career first took off or, even grosser, the Olsen twins countdown.

fake edit:

holy poo poo dude what the gently caress

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

holy poo poo dude what the gently caress

Hopefully that one was a joke but the internet made a lot of people super open about how gross they actually are.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

SA used to have a lot of libertarians, so nobody should be surprised at that.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Everyone was super horny in the 90s especially for children

Anukis
Jan 23, 2006

I'm an empathetic, sensitive, educated, intellectually curious non-idiot. Hi.
This makes the failure of Lawbreakers and Radical Heights even more satisfying

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Was it him who sold his shares in whoever makes Fortnite right before tencent paid billions for the company?

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

you know he meant it cause he made it

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Hopefully that one was a joke but the internet made a lot of people super open about how gross they actually are.

that isn’t a joke that’s pure pedophillia come on now

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Lol of course bill Barr is a trad cath

https://www.salon.com/2020/01/03/bill-barr-warrior-for-theocracy-why-didnt-we-know-this-until-now/

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Haha at first I thought that said Bill Burr and I was thinking "he's an Irish dude from boston, it's not that weird"

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Soleimani didn't kill himself :tinfoil:

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

gradenko_2000 posted:

It's all just too much [wraps mouth around barrel of scud launcher]

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

gradenko_2000 posted:

Until they release the tapes of the drone strike launch, we can't know that.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
The drone went airplane mode and stopped all recording during the time of the strike :tinfoil:

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001
Heard there was a last minute change up in the cockpit. The pilot who was scheduled to fly was replaced at the last minute with *checks notes* Steve Jail.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Why can't you admit Soleimani killed himself. By obsessing over lingering questions about his suicide you're doing a disservice to his victims.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Steve Airplane

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

https://twitter.com/TimJDillon/stat...ingawful.com%2F

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

:eyepoop:

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

They wouldn't DARE

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

the UK dirt sheets are saying maxwell is moving between safehouses "under 24 hour navy seal guard", but there's very little detail beyond that.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

edit: removed quote, might be too close to forums drama.

lmao whaaat is that THE cliffyB?

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Karl Barks posted:

lmao whaaat is that THE cliffyB?

yea weird how a video gamesman turns out to be gross ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

whos next? SEANBABY?!?

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
https://twitter.com/OrwellNGoode/status/1213993529023827968?s=19

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Awful to see it run into the ground, but at least it audibly made the Hollywood crowd upset.

Anukis
Jan 23, 2006

I'm an empathetic, sensitive, educated, intellectually curious non-idiot. Hi.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

He should have named and shamed

salty fries make me cry
Oct 3, 2007

~~i'm outside ur window~~
~throwin bricks at teh moon~
Daily Mail releases photos of Epstein’s cell and autopsy photos.

I don’t know about you guys, but these photos look fake as hell to me.

edit: meant to link to the actual article not the reddit, but it’s all there.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

https://twitter.com/mooncult/status/1214038752290467840?s=19

there are 3 nooses and about half a dozen different bedsheets

we still don't have anything from the guards who found him and there was no picture taking of his body as it was found

also the meds have been planted there cos uhhh they don't let you have that poo poo in your cell

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
Giant bugs crawling over my hands. No fun!!

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

gh0stpinballa posted:

we still don't have anything from the guards who found him and there was no picture taking of his body as it was found

also the meds have been planted there cos uhhh they don't let you have that poo poo in your cell

imo u might be underestimating the degree that american incarceration is pay to ( in regards to the presciptions etc) play , cause giving people a sense of personal agency is one huge thing separating most people institutionalized in incarceration factories from the rich who hide behind the facade of uniform material conditions but are able to buy permissions not allowed to other prisoners, but beyond that yah its still suspicious

20/20 getting a scoops like that seems wack unless they're so desperate for relevancy they ran with something that maybe got leaked to other news agencies

i dunno

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Surprised there isn't a little gallows setup in there.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

gh0stpinballa posted:

It's very weird.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Bulgakov posted:

imo u might be underestimating the degree that american incarceration is pay to ( in regards to the presciptions etc) play , cause giving people a sense of personal agency is one huge thing separating most people institutionalized in incarceration factories from the rich who hide behind the facade of uniform material conditions but are able to buy permissions not allowed to other prisoners, but beyond that yah its still suspicious

20/20 getting a scoops like that seems wack unless they're so desperate for relevancy they ran with something that maybe got leaked to other news agencies

i dunno

This is also true, I'm assuming rich prisoners get nice treatment

If he killed himself, why haven't they talked to the guards. If it's a grand conspiracy, why make it so weird and let this 60 minutes special air.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://letterboxd.com/pd187/list/tom-hanks-is-a-cia-asset-a-potential-timeline/detail/

uhhhhhhhh holy poo poo

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

tom hanks is CIA?
pfft watch this
https://letterboxd.com/pd187/list/nora-ephron-was-a-cia-asset-a-potential-timeline/detail/