Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Inceltown posted:

I want a therapy goat

Here you go:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Cartoon Man posted:

Here you go:

"Stop having problems"

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

"You think you've got problems? I'm the literal avatar of all that is evil and unholy. Anyway, just chill out"

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I want a therapy goat to headbutt my enemies.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Absurd Alhazred posted:

$30 and a friendly admin can make that a reality (it's too big to be a regular one, I think). Call it :brainmeats:

:haveasip:

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Platystemon posted:

I want a therapy goat to headbutt my enemies.

If I wished for a goat to headbutt my enemies I'm quite sure I'd end up with horn dents in my forehead

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

looking for information on posts

Facebook Aunt posted:

What even is this toy? Tacky single mom goes camping?

Yes, bringing a makeup mirror is the most important thing when *checks notes* camping.

Dear lord, how many children does this young woman have?

Oh no.

Oooh nooo! :aaa:

Why are toys for little girls such trash?

When did LOL Surprise progress from "slutty babies" to just "slutty"? And how is it possible that it's actually worse somehow?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

PubicMice posted:

When did LOL Surprise progress from "slutty babies" to just "slutty"? And how is it possible that it's actually worse somehow?

LOL Surprise!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Don't glut shame

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Reminds me of those Bratz dolls from the late 90’s.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The craziest thing is Bratz got sued out of business by Mattel for the designer having used rejected Barbie designs apparently, or something along those lines.

I'm reminded of when they were teasing a new older Dora the Explorer design and a ton of moms were angry and worried they were doing to slut her up, and all things considered I couldn't blame them.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Randaconda posted:

I thought this was just random inane poo poo until the article got to the part where the ambassador has a Japanese mother, then I was like "Oh, right, garden variety racism."

Korea being a former Japanese colony makes anti-Japanese sentiment sort of understandable. Like Irish people not caring for the English, Filipinos disliking Spaniards and/or Americans, or Algerians distrusting the French.

I imagine if the American ambassador to the Democratic Republic of the Congo was half Belgian and had a beard like King Leopold some people would be irked.

Is it xenophobic? Yes, but it's based on historical grievances rather than race.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747
if you know anyone who's taught English in Korea ask them about anti-Japanese sentiment there

it's loving unreal how much they hate each other

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

FreudianSlippers posted:

former Japanese colony

That’s… one way of putting it.

Platystemon has a new favorite as of 06:40 on Jan 2, 2020

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
A lot of Asia really hates Japan for the war crimes spree in WW2 but Japan had been conquering Korea and brutally suppressing its culture and language a lot longer than that. There's a lot of Korean descended people in Japan who still aren't considered Japanese citizens, iirc.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

FreudianSlippers posted:

Korea being a former Japanese colony makes anti-Japanese sentiment sort of understandable. Like Irish people not caring for the English, Filipinos disliking Spaniards and/or Americans, or Algerians distrusting the French.

I imagine if the American ambassador to the Democratic Republic of the Congo was half Belgian and had a beard like King Leopold some people would be irked.

Is it xenophobic? Yes, but it's based on historical grievances rather than race.

This kind of sentiment is prevalent in Europe too. I only have personal experience with being a Finn, but here on public TV we literally show a film about fighting against a Russian invasion on independence day.

We have a conscription army, and everyone knows you are training to fight in case Russia invades again.

This probably sounds more extreme than it actually is, but all are just statements of fact. Finns also like selling things to Russia and being on Putin's good side.

doverhog has a new favorite as of 06:45 on Jan 2, 2020

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

FreudianSlippers posted:

Korea being a former Japanese colony

I see that you too have been talking to my grandparents.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

A lot of Asia really hates Japan for the war crimes spree in WW2 but Japan had been conquering Korea and brutally suppressing its culture and language a lot longer than that. There's a lot of Korean descended people in Japan who still aren't considered Japanese citizens, iirc.

My grandma literally referred to Taiwan and Korea as The Colonies until the day she died. I had to unlearn a lot of negative stereotypes about basically all Asians and the wrong kind of Japanese as a result

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I'm reminded of when they were teasing a new older Dora the Explorer design and a ton of moms were angry and worried they were doing to slut her up, and all things considered I couldn't blame them.

The recent live action Dora movie uses her original outfit design for the 16-year-old Dora, but it unfortunately attracted a creepier form of attention.

https://www.dailydot.com/upstream/dora-explorer-movie-sexist-review/

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

:psyboom:

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

The MSJ posted:

The recent live action Dora movie uses her original outfit design for the 16-year-old Dora, but it unfortunately attracted a creepier form of attention.

Is the original outfit design just a tshirt and backpack because holy poo poo that review is super creepy about a really normal outfit.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

The MSJ posted:

They all saw this pic of Isabela as Dora for halloween. Fortunately the studio reigned that it, but these reviewers still creepin'. The comments from the other reviewer about Hermione are insane, like, why would you even think that, let alone put it in print for the world to see.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

https://wtop.com/virginia/2020/01/sheriff-man-severely-beaten-in-virginia-after-he-was-found-half-naked-in-kids-room/

And now for the blessed mugshot of a pedo’s face that was severely punched in several times. Might be :nms: for some:
https://www.facebook.com/SpotsySO/photos/a.361872393887843/3371732469568472/?type=3&theater

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Very lopsided face.

He didn’t turn the other cheek.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Lucky Air passenger who threw ‘good luck’ coins at plane ordered to pay airline US$17,200

quote:

A 28-year-old man in southeast China was ordered to pay 120,000 yuan (US$17,200) in damages to budget carrier Lucky Air for throwing coins at a plane in the hope of a safe journey last year.

Lu Chao, who was a first-time flier, admitted throwing the coins at the plane for luck as he boarded on February 17. The flight – from Anqing to Kunming, Yunnan province – was cancelled after airline staff found two 1 yuan coins on the ground near one of the plane’s engines. All passengers had to leave the plane and it was grounded while it underwent safety checks. Lu, meanwhile, was taken away by Anqing police and detained for 10 days on charges of disturbing public order.

Lucky Air filed a civil lawsuit against Lu in May, demanding compensation for its losses. Lu, who was represented by his brother in court, argued that the airline’s maintenance costs were too high and that Lucky Air should have made a public announcement before boarding to remind passengers that they should not throw coins at planes.

There have been a number of similar incidents at airports in China in recent years, and it was the second known court case involving a “lucky coin toss” passenger.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I'm glad he wore an rear end whipping

always be punching pedos

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Surely this will age well

$3 gas is becoming a distant memory: Gas prices likely to stay steady in 2020

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

lol 3$/gallon is still less than half of what you pay in the EU.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Driving up I-5 from LA on the 31st. We were able to find a gas station in that town that was $3.99/gallon.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Blue Moonlight posted:

Driving up I-5 from LA on the 31st. We were able to find a gas station in that town that was $3.99/gallon.

In defense of the article, there will always be outliers, especially around major cities. Regardless, in light of yesterday's events in the Middle East, the article already appears to be incredibly dated.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Soleimani posted memes antagonizing Trump on social media

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/world-news/great-white-shark-kicked-death-21208556

:smith:

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
When climate change kills us all, will sharks survive?

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
We'll be down to jellyfish by then.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

I'd totally be down for all those people being kicked to death.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Meme president kills for memes.

Will Trump now drone strike half the US?

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
I've been waiting for him to nuke San Francisco.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Beachcomber posted:

I've been waiting for him to nuke San Francisco.

Too many voters

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Milo and POTUS posted:

Too many voters

Exactly what percentage of Trump voters do you think live in SF?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Beachcomber posted:

Exactly what percentage of Trump voters do you think live in SF?

Less than half, but apparently that's all he needs