Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

Mesadoram posted:

If it was the 13 75 you would be signing a different tune. The 12t was garbage when it was first introduced and now considering how long it's been, it is power creeped. I do love the Batchat, but it is starting to show its age. The tank is fast and stealthy, but it has 0 armor and a derpy gun that has a slow reload. When used right it can be a terror. But it is super easy to have trash games in it unlike some other T10 tanks.

It's been awhile but I think I liked the 13 75. I am probably just not patient enough with the french auto loaders. Even the 1390 felt pretty bad when I tried to play it again after grinding out the wheeled tanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

TracerM17 posted:

It's been awhile but I think I liked the 13 75. I am probably just not patient enough with the french auto loaders. Even the 1390 felt pretty bad when I tried to play it again after grinding out the wheeled tanks.

13 90 was amazing when it first came out. Time has not treated it well either. The gun is just not up to snuff anymore.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

The nerfed view range on the 13-90 is the worst.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I really enjoyed having to play through the 13 90 3 times because of how they kept rolling in new lines plus adding additional LTs...

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Remember when the French light line was released and the 13 90 could straight up murder pretty much anything one on one by zooming up behind it and unloading a full clip? Good times, good times.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Vando posted:

Remember when the French light line was released and the 13 90 could straight up murder pretty much anything one on one by zooming up behind it and unloading a full clip? Good times, good times.

I remember quite vividly soloing an IS-7 in the 13-90 when it was released. Set him on fire twice and booked it the gently caress out of there. It was amazing :allears:. Oh how the mighty have fallen...

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Bring back tanks where you have free rein to absolutely style on people if you possess a functioning brain, but are free kills in the hands of 95% of the playerbase

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

Vando posted:

The 1390 wolf packs were the worst. At least the Type 59 wolf packs you could see coming. The 1390's would appear, murder like 3 tanks, disappear, then show up on the opposite side of the map and do it again.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

TracerM17 posted:

The 1390 wolf packs were the worst. At least the Type 59 wolf packs you could see coming. The 1390's would appear, murder like 3 tanks, disappear, then show up on the opposite side of the map and do it again.

It was glorious when *you* were running the wolfpacks, though. :getin:

Back then autoloaders were these mystical, magical things so few people understood.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I really get on with the French light tanks and I do like the 12T. It is the worst tier 8 light in reflection but if you know what you're doing you can really make it work.

Im a big fan of the batchat too but you're just so at the mercy of tier 10 teams with it. If you get the right map and team loadout you can do an easy 3-5k per match. You get a typical tier 10 curb stomping and your gun misbehaves? Well you're going back to the garage with less than 1500 damage.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

BIG HEADLINE posted:

It was glorious when *you* were running the wolfpacks, though. :getin:

Back then autoloaders were these mystical, magical things so few people understood.

Oh it was glorious indeed. So many people cried that they were OP because they didn't understand reload times.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Vando posted:

Bring back tanks where you have free rein to absolutely style on people if you possess a functioning brain, but are free kills in the hands of 95% of the playerbase

Italian medium line is this now.

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

Vando posted:

Every pub was so bad at tanks 5 years ago but oh my god in the time since they've only gotten worse, it feels like every time I start to lay the foundations of a good game whoops an entire flank collapsed while doing apparently no damage and half a dozen angry assholes come trucking up behind me on full hp :argh:

This was me the past two days when I did sit down to do some tanks before giving up and playing something else.

I had some fantastic games for myself in my O-Ho, Progetto, and even my KV-3, but no matter how much it seems like I do, holding an entire flank solo against 3-5 other tanks, the other flank with the majority of the team just gets wasted and its me and the two other semi competent players left on the team trying desperately to salvage something and usually failing.

Then in one of my O-Ho battles, it was left to Me, A T95, and a T9 Maus that was very vocal in his anti Gold ammo because Gold=Noob and well, pretty sure that is why we lost as his last few shots all appeared to bounce, not to mention he had literally no understanding on how to angle his own armor to boot.

On the positive side, my O-Ho got its first Moe and if I can keep up my damage output, should be 3 marked pretty easily. That derp cannon is wonderful at it's tier. Nearly one shotting a Progetto with it will never get old.

Pubbies will always be pubbies.

I did run into one or two games where me and one other random would actually hold an entire flank, and push to somehow pull victory off amid the ever lingering smell of defeat from the other side of the map. It is rare but sometimes you do find a functional brain among the brainless.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

EdEddnEddy posted:

This was me the past two days when I did sit down to do some tanks before giving up and playing something else.

I had some fantastic games for myself in my O-Ho, Progetto, and even my KV-3, but no matter how much it seems like I do, holding an entire flank solo against 3-5 other tanks, the other flank with the majority of the team just gets wasted and its me and the two other semi competent players left on the team trying desperately to salvage something and usually failing.

Then in one of my O-Ho battles, it was left to Me, A T95, and a T9 Maus that was very vocal in his anti Gold ammo because Gold=Noob and well, pretty sure that is why we lost as his last few shots all appeared to bounce, not to mention he had literally no understanding on how to angle his own armor to boot.

On the positive side, my O-Ho got its first Moe and if I can keep up my damage output, should be 3 marked pretty easily. That derp cannon is wonderful at it's tier. Nearly one shotting a Progetto with it will never get old.

Pubbies will always be pubbies.

I did run into one or two games where me and one other random would actually hold an entire flank, and push to somehow pull victory off amid the ever lingering smell of defeat from the other side of the map. It is rare but sometimes you do find a functional brain among the brainless.

It always amazes me when my entire team goes down the opposite flank as I and manages to lose that flank. I think arty scares them, they start huddling behind bushes, then get picked off by tds in the back.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

TracerM17 posted:

It always amazes me when my entire team goes down the opposite flank as I and manages to lose that flank. I think arty scares them, they start huddling behind bushes, then get picked off by tds in the back.

The worst "tactic" I've noticed is to get into peeking battles with one enemy tank vs three or more friendlies where they're getting artilleried to poo poo but never ever EVER think to flank the one thing pinning them in position to get picked off.

In the reverse situation, they will also never react to drawing fire away allowing them to advance, they'll just sit and hide while the 3 tanks all look at me instead and gun me down. No amount of chat spam will wake them up.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Vando posted:

The Tiger is still in the game right.

Vando posted:

The worst "tactic" I've noticed is to get into peeking battles with one enemy tank vs three or more friendlies where they're getting artilleried to poo poo but never ever EVER think to flank the one thing pinning them in position to get picked off.

Why flank there though? The problem with pubbies isn't that they don't flank - all they need to do is literally hold W and left click the enemies and they'd win dramatically more often, but instead they throw away their 5v2s or whatever.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

BadLlama posted:

Italian medium line is this now.

The Standard B is so amazing :allears:

I want to see if they are going to have a New Years sale tomorrow. I want to buy the T10 Skoda and the Progetto but I don't have enough credits. Or the WZ 1-4...

I have too many T10s to buy.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Hellsau posted:

The Tiger is still in the game right.

Why flank there though? The problem with pubbies isn't that they don't flank - all they need to do is literally hold W and left click the enemies and they'd win dramatically more often, but instead they throw away their 5v2s or whatever.

Having 2 thirds of your team held up by 3 tanks is horrid. Worse is in the end game when the full HP TD's finally come forward and refuse to take one hit to kill an enemy tank

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

serious gaylord posted:

Having 2 thirds of your team held up by 3 tanks is horrid. Worse is in the end game when the full HP TD's finally come forward and refuse to take one hit to kill an enemy tank

After 5 minutes the map should start shrinking battle royal style

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
Hope the maus packed high octane gas

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
Had an absolute blast playing the Obj 257. I have officially named it "Defender 2.0". I play this tank similar to the Defender but when the time comes to reverse sidescrape is when I absolutely start laughing. This tank eats up shells with its sides and I have become almost good at it.

Gotten Steel wall with almost all the games I played in this tank today almost enough that my brother and I made it an ongoing joke over discord on how stupid that tank easily gets that medal.

Its a pretty pimp tank at Tier 9.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Katamari Democracy posted:

Had an absolute blast playing the Obj 257. I have officially named it "Defender 2.0". I play this tank similar to the Defender but when the time comes to reverse sidescrape is when I absolutely start laughing. This tank eats up shells with its sides and I have become almost good at it.

Gotten Steel wall with almost all the games I played in this tank today almost enough that my brother and I made it an ongoing joke over discord on how stupid that tank easily gets that medal.

Its a pretty pimp tank at Tier 9.

Just as a heads up, it's roof is pretty weak. Any tank taller than you that is driven by a thing that has developed a frontal lobe will know to shoot it.

Also, no pun intended.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

Mesadoram posted:

The Standard B is so amazing :allears:

It is very nice actually penning tanks that you click on 90% of the time... one of the few mediums that heavy tanks will back away from.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

TracerM17 posted:

It is very nice actually penning tanks that you click on 90% of the time... one of the few mediums that heavy tanks will back away from.

Not to mention that it vomits damage at an alarming rate.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Can't claim today's 'present' from the Snow Maidens without the game crashing.

:toot:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Just a casual 7.4k combined damage game in the 14 Alt 5 to kick off the day, with a bonus angry person that got salty over being hit a single time while bumbling around spotted forever and a day.

__IL__FREDDO__ (03.01.2020 08:09:45) good ban
__IL__FREDDO__ (03.01.2020 08:10:00) i send replay and tickets wg for your aimbot
FatherSnuggles (03.01.2020 08:10:11) lol
__IL__FREDDO__ (03.01.2020 08:10:34) tomorrow ban
FatherSnuggles (03.01.2020 08:10:38) You are in an unarmored TD and were spotted the entire time :)
__IL__FREDDO__ (03.01.2020 08:10:43) ban
FatherSnuggles (03.01.2020 08:10:50) nope :)
__IL__FREDDO__ (03.01.2020 08:11:01) yes
__IL__FREDDO__ (03.01.2020 08:11:13) i ewrite all team for report you:)
FatherSnuggles (03.01.2020 08:11:14) I'm sorry you get mad at video games :)
__IL__FREDDO__ (03.01.2020 08:11:25) tomorrow ban
__IL__FREDDO__ (03.01.2020 08:11:28) :)
FatherSnuggles (03.01.2020 08:11:31) your team doesn't care that you died or are mad :)
FatherSnuggles (03.01.2020 08:11:46) I'm not going to get banned. You're just going to get very angry at a video game again :)
FatherSnuggles (03.01.2020 08:12:00) You should message me tomorrow then to see if I'm banned :)

Oh no, he told HIS WHOLE TEAM to report me? :ohdear:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
rip your EU account you're getting banned and have to come back to NA :unsmigghh:

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
No everyone play on EU instead! The queue times are shorter so you can get mad at your team faster!

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
16K+ experience?
:eyepop:

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

Your good vision is your fatal weakness!

Cannon_Fodder posted:

16K+ experience?
:eyepop:

Boosters and the holiday bonus are a hellova drug

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

same

also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BBPP0zRKXE

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Jan 3, 2020

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

:smuggo:

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
I can't wait till I graduate college so I can buy a new gaming monitor at that resolution. (One class left!)

Grats on 6 kills!

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Is that a crew kill?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

McGavin posted:

Is that a crew kill?

He went to drown himself and I took off his track at the last second to get a full crew kill lol

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Can't claim today's 'present' from the Snow Maidens without the game crashing.

:toot:

I ran into that the same day on my main gaming PC, although I assumed it was mod-related. I was getting disconnected every time I attempted to claim a gift, except it worked fine on my secondary desktop which has no mods installed and I was able to claim a gift without issue.

I had actually figured that there was more bugginess with the mods and I'd get disconnected elsewhere in the client (e.g. like in the middle of a battle if I even got that far) so I didn't even bother trying to play tanks [without mods] that day.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Hellsau posted:

rip your EU account you're getting banned and have to come back to NA :unsmigghh:

Leaves me with my sexy NA account and an unrigged T22 med. :smug:

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

http://wotreplays.eu/site/5169681#tundra-saintonan-t110e3

E3 stronk

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I want an E3 but I have no will to grind the T8.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

BadLlama posted:

I want an E3 but I have no will to grind the T8.

T28 was not too bad IIRC.