Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Reports coming out that Raiola and Haaland's father wanted "significant" payoffs to sign off on the deal ("a significant percentage of the total transfer value"), and United said no after encouraging negotiations with Haaland.

It'll remain to be seen whether or not it was smart to stop playing ball with Raiola now, but you could make the case that handing off tens of millions to Haaland's agent and father might not have been great business for a player who has not really played at all that much despite being a hot prospect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

tarbrush posted:

We have a few decent players. TAA is pretty good, Curtis Jones is good, KiJana Hoever is promising.

Apart from that though, yeah, bit crap

Harry Wilson?

Nketiah is also going to go back to Arsenal and will probably go to Bristol City or Sheffield Wednesday, bit of a weird one all in all, but means Leeds will be after another striker and we were also linked to Brewster. If Che Adams becomes available for loan we'd also go after him which could be insanely good

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Oh yeah. I think I'd mentally sold him to Bournemouth already

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Di Marzio just reported that Juve are about to finalize a deal with Atalanta for Kulusevski, which would leave him on loan at Parma for the rest of the year. Would love to see that happen. I guess they just took the money that was set aside for Haaland and went right onto the next target.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I wonder what the odds are he ever actually plays for Juve

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Kulusevski owns, he'd definitely get a shot next year if this goes through. And if it means clearing out Bernardesci too, so much the better.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Sandwolf posted:

I wonder what the odds are he ever actually plays for Juve

With Sarri, probably next to nothing. But I don’t expect Sarri to last that long.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Shrapnig posted:

Steven Caulker on loan which was so bizarre
Easily one of my favourite Klopp signings. Its one of those things that people won't really get unless they understand just how threadbare Liverpool were at that point, especially since Klopp only ever used him as a striker.

For instance, this match happened during that window; https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35155398 And a bunch of those players were thrown in there at very short notice.

Did give us this pre-game interview though https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-v8IE1THNa8

brasstassels
Oct 26, 2007
Tottenham are terminating Jack Clarke's loan at the beginning of January as he's only played 19 minutes for Leeds all season. expecting him to go right back to another championship team until the end of the season. we don't really have a lot of depth at winger so he may stay but at this point I doubt his match fitness will be anywhere near where it needs to be for him to worth holding on to

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012

Shrapnig posted:

Ah yes, the latter two who I've definitely heard of.

Remember James Wilson at Manchester United who was touted as the next great English striker, scored twice on his debut, and is now playing for loving Aberdeen? Of course you don't. How about Saidy Janko, former United Reserve Player of the Year? "Good" and "promising" means gently caress all at the youth/reserve level.

Liverpool's strength the past several years has been in the transfer market. They're probably the best in the world at finding players who immediately slot into their system. Other than 15/16 where they signed Clyne, Ings, Benteke, and of course Steven Caulker on loan which was so bizarre. That season also got them Milner and Firmino however.

If you ask a Celtic fan what's the worst individual performance they can remember from a Celtic player in recent times a lot of them will say Saidy Janko against Hapoel Beer Sheva in Israel. Rodgers binned him immediately after it, it was proper car crash material.

He's inexplicably went on to sign for Saint-Etienne and Porto.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

The latest from Wolves ITK

https://twitter.com/TimSpiers/status/1211927321923469312

Kinda want them to get another cb anyways. Our back line is currently 3 midfielders and a futsal player (who has admittedly impressed when he gets on). A healthy Boly coming back is almost like adding a new player if he can continue his form pre-injury, but there’s no guarantee he’ll be the same player.

Don’t know anything about the named player but we need someone to backup Adama so he can come off without having to change formation.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Are Salzburg that dominant in their own league? After selling Haaland and Minamino, I'd avoid selling Hwang Hee-Chan until at least next summer.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Brony Car posted:

Are Salzburg that dominant in their own league? After selling Haaland and Minamino, I'd avoid selling Hwang Hee-Chan until at least next summer.

They might not have a choice of these other clubs are just activating release clauses (and the players all choose to leave).

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Brony Car posted:

Looks like they're top of the table, two points above 2nd but 12 above 3rd. They haven't lost a game.

I can't imagine another team in Austria has as much money as them though.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

trem_two posted:

They might not have a choice of these other clubs are just activating release clauses (and the players all choose to leave).

They can't just ignore those clauses like Big John Henry would?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Brony Car posted:

They can't just ignore those clauses like Big John Henry would?

I think the rules are different in England. In Spain and Italy once the clauses are triggered it just seems to happen.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
In Spain it's a legal requirement that a buyout clause be written into a contract and a player can just hand over a cheque for the amount and they're free to go. Over here a release clause can be any number of things and if a chairman doesn't pick up the phone then you're going nowhere.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

sassassin posted:

In Spain it's a legal requirement that a buyout clause be written into a contract and a player can just hand over a cheque for the amount and they're free to go. Over here a release clause can be any number of things and if a chairman doesn't pick up the phone then you're going nowhere.

That's true in Spain, but there's still an element of gentleman's agreement about it. I remember Sid Lowe talking about it on Football Weekly once and like you say, legally it's the player who pays the fee. If they were to get that money from the buying club, it would count as income and taxable at 45%.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Brony Car posted:

They're dominant but they could easily lose first if they all go. Daka is a near 1 to 1 Haaland replacement and is scoring loads of goals in the league though not quite as much as Haaland, and Koita has a decent scoring record. Daka could be good because ready-made replacement but could also be bad because even if it's the Austrian league his stats are still so good I could see a team swoop in for him as well which would be extremely lol.

As for Minamino and Hee-Chan they should be much bigger problems (assuming Daka stays) because they're Salzburg's primary creative outlets. Minamino is Salzburg's only proper winger, and they have basically nobody else that plays naturally on the right like he does - all their other goal/assist providers are CFs or play on the left. Okugawa and Szoboszlai are doing alright but they'd definitely need to strengthen the squad in these positions.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Julian Weigl to Benfica is a Done Deal :wtc:

https://twitter.com/BVB/status/1212033191722332167

And Ibra to AC Milan but probably nobody cares about that

pik_d fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Jan 1, 2020

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

pik_d posted:

And Ibra to AC Milan but probably nobody cares about that

What? It's loving nuts someone has escaped the MLS retirement zone and gone to a (somewhat) competitive league again. I hope he lasts longer than c-ron.

Myssu
Sep 19, 2012

Bea Nanner posted:

What? It's loving nuts someone has escaped the MLS retirement zone and gone to a (somewhat) competitive league again. I hope he lasts longer than c-ron.

I reckon he'll retire in 6 months when he realizes he cant hack it in Europe anymore, like Beckham at PSG.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

Bea Nanner posted:

I mean does anyone really care someone escaped Boca on a golf cart and made it to south beach.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Sam Surridge has been recalled by Bournemouth. He's wank, and won't be missed.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Ibra’s on a six month contract with an option to renew if he performs for next year. Last time we did this we got Beckham who was actually great until he did his Achilles. It can’t get much worse so this seems fine.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
apparently ajax are after vertonghen

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Gigi Galli posted:

Ibra’s on a six month contract with an option to renew if he performs for next year. Last time we did this we got Beckham who was actually great until he did his Achilles. It can’t get much worse so this seems fine.

Also he's got self-motivation (as if he needed more) after the way he trashtalked MLS on the way out. It won't be for lack of effort if he fails.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Umtiti was doing instagram posts at the Emirates last night. All I know is he is a defender who plays for Barcelona, whether that means he is a good addition for Arsenal who knows.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Arteta is saying Xhaka wants to stay and he wants him at Arsenal. Hertha Berlin just signed a defensive midfielder from Stuttgart so I guess that tracks?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Akileese posted:

Arteta is saying Xhaka wants to stay and he wants him at Arsenal. Hertha Berlin just signed a defensive midfielder from Stuttgart so I guess that tracks?

Honestly, with all of his faults getting rid of him now doesn’t make much sense. Arsenal have so few senior midfielders that even if the signed a new one this transfer window they would still need him as a warm body.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
New ADO Den Haag boss Alan Pardew wants to make Sheffield United midfielder Ravel Morrison his first signing.

lmao, he'll fit right in

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Patrick Roberts has gone to Boro on loan, which is surprising because I thought he was still on loan to Norwich

https://twitter.com/Boro/status/1212795760506474508

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

oliwan posted:

New ADO Den Haag boss Alan Pardew wants to make Sheffield United midfielder Ravel Morrison his first signing.

lmao, he'll fit right in

What's his bird look like?

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
Pardew is managing a club whose crest is a long-legged bird?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/juventusfcen/status/1212833210125697025
done deal, €35m plus up to €9m in bonuses, he'll stay at Parma for the rest of the season

brasstassels
Oct 26, 2007
silly season
https://twitter.com/HotspurRelated/status/1212833949283696640?s=19
https://twitter.com/HotspurRelated/status/1212846956931944449?s=19
https://twitter.com/HotspurRelated/status/1212834873540534273?s=19

Spurs will not buy anyone, but lol that right back has been our biggest weakness for years and nothing is even being considered to fix that still

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

brasstassels posted:

silly season
https://twitter.com/HotspurRelated/status/1212833949283696640?s=19
https://twitter.com/HotspurRelated/status/1212846956931944449?s=19
https://twitter.com/HotspurRelated/status/1212834873540534273?s=19

Spurs will not buy anyone, but lol that right back has been our biggest weakness for years and nothing is even being considered to fix that still

Are they just copy/pasting Arsenal targets?

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

brasstassels posted:

silly season

There's an English right-back with Atlético Madrid that seems to be doing well, maybe Spurs should check him out.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Koulibaly owns, he could probably be easily got with Van Dijk money but Levy is never spending that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brasstassels
Oct 26, 2007

Big Huski Boi posted:

Are they just copy/pasting Arsenal targets?

that account just reposts stories from other outlets

those outlets are probably doing that, though, if not outright making up rumors

I'm sure faking a coup for a rival club's target drives a good amount of clicks