Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

By popular demand posted:

She'alti'el Kwak

Loved this character in morrowind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

CJacobs posted:

Loved this character in morrowind

Sounds more like a Glorantha character.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I can't help it that hebrew transliterates oddly to english. rest assured it's just as odd the other way around.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Sounds more like a Glorantha character.

Oh gently caress, now I have to name a Humakti Duck that name.

gently caress.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Justified, a life of incontinence is something neither man nor dog should be subjected to

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
Extra fabulous comics have a special place in my heart

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Should have gotten the dog neuticles

https://neuticles.com/

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

By popular demand posted:

For real, we got it as She'alti'el Kwak here and it ruled.

דולף הוא הצדק!

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained

Also known as the Ralph Bakshi approach to furries

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Moon Slayer posted:

While intellectually I know that Europeans have as much nostalgia for DuckTales comics as I have for, say, Calvin and Hobbes, every time it get brought up I can't help but think "DuckTales? Really?"

I'm pretty sure it's mostly people from Nordic countries and other places without a strong domestic comic book industry.

I personally only read a few stories as a child, but I do get why they're popular, if we're talking American output I definitely prefer it over all of the superhero schlock.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
The main countries where the duck books are popular are Nordic countries, Italy, and Brazil (with decently-sized followings in the rest of europe and latin america)

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Disney's had some efforts to market in those areas from way back. The Three Caballeros is a thing. Oddly enough they had a recent cartoon which was accidentally leaked and entirely seperate from the DuckTales reboot, which also has the Three Caballeros feature in an episode as clearly a different depiction and voice actors.

The Caballeros cartoon is alright, it's got a very weird old school feel to it like it was made in the 90s. (with a cameo from Scrooge McDuck very clearly based on the 80s DuckTales) Some nice animation on it. Also a rare appearance of April, May and June, Daisy's nieces. (Which I feel is a good demonstration on why characters like those exist; in a depiction of Donald where it wouldn't be convenient to have him looking after the nephews on top of everything else that's happening, the nieces can serve the same role without him implicitly having to be their parental figure)

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

om nom nom nom nom nom nom
Grimey Drawer
Truly, we are living in the future

https://www.thefarside.com/

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

om nom nom posted:

Truly, we are living in the future

https://www.thefarside.com/

hey, larson asked that his comics not be posted online, not cool dude

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

Digamma-F-Wau posted:

The main countries where the duck books are popular are Nordic countries, Italy, and Brazil (with decently-sized followings in the rest of europe and latin america)

Italian Disney made PKNA which took Donald's faux-superhero persona and made him into a real, time traveling superhero with a shape-shifting captain america shield fighting aliens in the future alongside a hyperintelligent AI that looks like Scrooge McDuck and it was magical.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

It may come from xkcd, but it is a rather convincing argument in that particular debate.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

frankenfreak posted:

It may come from xkcd, but it is a rather convincing argument in that particular debate.

The problem I have with the pedantic argument is that words in English mean what people understand them to mean, so yes a new decade just began because that's what most people understand "decade" to mean.

Now if there is some other reason to have decades start on the "1st" year, then in that specific context 'decade' means something different.

TLDR: Pedants are annoying.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

1stGear posted:

hey, larson asked that his comics not be posted online, not cool dude
I have a special permission, it's cool

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Slimy Hog posted:

The problem I have with the pedantic argument is that words in English mean what people understand them to mean, so yes a new decade just began because that's what most people understand "decade" to mean.

Now if there is some other reason to have decades start on the "1st" year, then in that specific context 'decade' means something different.

TLDR: Pedants are annoying.

If someone doesn't think twenty-twenty belongs in the twenties but some other decade they're not listening to the words anyone is saying.

Brewmaster
Dec 10, 2007

Hi! I'm awkward.

sassassin posted:

If someone doesn't think twenty-twenty belongs in the twenties but some other decade they're not listening to the words anyone is saying.

The year 2020 belongs in the garbage. Calling it right now.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Brewmaster posted:

:hai:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Brewmaster posted:

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

frankenfreak posted:

It isn't, though, since the 1900's are one year off from the 20th century.

Yeah yeah trap sprung

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Tunicate posted:

It isn't, though, since the 1900's are one year off from the 20th century.

Yeah yeah trap sprung

Cool let me know the next time you casually refer to the 202nd decade instead of the 2020s

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

The 90's ended midway through 2001 :colbert:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

decades have fuzzy borders & overlap each other :colbert:

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

If historians can have long and short decades and centuries then so can everybody else :colbert:

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

The nineties didn't begin until after the release of Nevermind. Look at the charts in '90 and '91

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Krankenstyle posted:

decades have fuzzy borders & overlap each other :colbert:

There's no overlap, we know the moment the '90s ended down to the exact minute :colbert: :colbert:

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

This sucks so loving bad

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Tunicate posted:

There's no overlap, we know the moment the '90s ended down to the exact minute :colbert: :colbert:

exactly, the 90s actually ran until September 30th, 2008, and concluded with the release of the album Nightmare Revisited, the most 90s compilation ever created.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

DariusLikewise posted:

This sucks so loving bad

But it gets a million shares on social media so it will never end.

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman

Fister Roboto posted:

But it gets a million shares on social media so it will never end.

I saw a physical book in Barnes and Noble last week. The comic might last longer.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
If you were born in the mid/late 80's, "the 90's" exists in your head as the space between when you first saw a Disney animated movie in a theater and 9/11/01.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

exactly, the 90s actually ran until September 30th, 2008, and concluded with the release of the album Nightmare Revisited, the most 90s compilation ever created.

Really? Plain White T's? All American Rejects? Polyphonic Spree? Rise Against? Those are some 2000's as gently caress bands right there. On your side there's Marilyn Manson, maybe Korn. But otherwise that is an album that distinctly belongs in the post-9/11/pre-'08 recession' era.

SomeJazzyRat has a new favorite as of 04:00 on Jan 3, 2020

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Nastyman posted:

Italian Disney made PKNA which took Donald's faux-superhero persona and made him into a real, time traveling superhero with a shape-shifting captain america shield fighting aliens in the future alongside a hyperintelligent AI that looks like Scrooge McDuck and it was magical.

PKNA fuckin owns.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Nastyman posted:

Wow, I had no idea Mickey characters aside from Scrooge and goofy had cool things going on.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Fools Infinite posted:

I saw a physical book in Barnes and Noble last week. The comic might last longer.
Yeah, pro-life alien comic dude is not going away and it makes me mad, I'm the idiot on social media in the pyf comic thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Achewood rules