Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Tifa
Aerith
Aeris
View Results

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

ghostinmyshell posted:

gently caress now I want to play the original again. Is there version you can buy a newer console version which is good enough or do I need to get out my ps1?

It's on PS4 with optional cheats for fast forward and no random battles that can be turned on and off at will, it's great. The modern digital PC version doesn't have those but instead has various mods for graphical improvements and such.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

ghostinmyshell posted:

gently caress now I want to play the original again. Is there version you can buy a newer console version which is good enough or do I need to get out my ps1?

Dig out your PS1 and enjoy the 60hz battle menu

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.

Veib posted:

It's on PS4 with optional cheats for fast forward and no random battles that can be turned on and off at will, it's great. The modern digital PC version doesn't have those but instead has various mods for graphical improvements and such.

What about the music loop bug did they ever fix that?

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Namnesor posted:

This channel has (presumably) all of the music ripped from the demo, and there's multiple variations for songs like the main battle theme, the boss theme, and the bombing mission theme, and they're all :perfect:

There’s also tracks from (presumably) an in-game jukebox, which has a ton of fun FF covers, like an 8-bit version of 13’s battle theme.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Everyone should listen to this right now on loop until the game comes out in March

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIGlE4R6W0g

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Visually this feels fresh but still very nostalgic so good job on that part but why does everyone have terminal asthma :psyduck:
I was hoping for much better gameplay than this 20+ years later but I guess it's still a Final Fantasy game.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

ghostinmyshell posted:

What about the music loop bug did they ever fix that?

It finally got patched on PS4 two weeks ago. Switch and XBone already got patches earlier in the year.

Veib fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Jan 2, 2020

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

ghostinmyshell posted:

Just go read elentor's LP instead

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Namnesor posted:

Everyone should listen to this right now on loop until the game comes out in March

Dubsquat

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

HD DAD posted:

There’s also tracks from (presumably) an in-game jukebox, which has a ton of fun FF covers, like an 8-bit version of 13’s battle theme.

I need this yesterday

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

I can't believe this game might actually be good

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Ventana posted:

I need this yesterday

https://youtu.be/eX_WzVnraMQ

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Chillgamesh posted:

I can't believe this game might actually be good

Your avatar matches dubstep squatting music way too well, fyi.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Caidin posted:

Tseng is kinda spooky looking.

Yeah, I don't know why the Aerith image is getting so much flak when Tseng looks like he's contemplating a lunch of babies.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ghostinmyshell posted:

FFVII is available on virtually every single platform imaginable. PS3, PS4, Vita, PSP, Xbox One, iOS, Android, Windows, Switch. The newest versions are on Steam, PS4, Xbox One, and Switch.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

If it's actually this cover, it'd be okay but I was hoping for something new

Mywhatacleanturtle
Jul 23, 2006

Namnesor posted:

gently caress yeah ready 2 jazzercise in gaudy 90’s spandex 2 this tune

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Namnesor posted:

Taken down :(

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
They nuked the whole channel :(

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Eraflure posted:

Visually this feels fresh but still very nostalgic so good job on that part but why does everyone have terminal asthma :psyduck:
Planet's dying, Eraflure.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
What's with all the naked hairless people in the screens, lmao

Placeholders are so weird sometimes

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Namnesor posted:

They nuked the whole channel :(

the purge begins..

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

What's with all the naked hairless people in the screens, lmao

Placeholders are so weird sometimes

You can see President Shinra and Cait Sith in the Honeybee Inn in the original game, so it's canon that they get up to some weird after hours activity.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

The leaks are dyin', Cloud.

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

ghostinmyshell posted:

Word to the wise : I tried that myself. Naked polygons have NOT aged well.

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

Are those the FFRK sprites ?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Kobal2 posted:

Are those the FFRK sprites ?

Nope.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
I know it's unlikely, but i really hope they don't include any grindy 'drop chance %' bullshit that's crept into a lot of their recent games to get the best weapon in the game. This isn't an MMO that needs padding out to milk a subscription.

If i beat a hard boss or enemy i want a straight up reward.

That means no bloody 'fragment of ultima' which needs to then be combined with 'adamantite shard' x20 which has a 2% drop rate from some loving enemy located in only one specific part of the world that you need to be level 80+ to kill effectively.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

1/35 soldier

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Kin posted:

I know it's unlikely, but i really hope they don't include any grindy 'drop chance %' bullshit that's crept into a lot of their recent games to get the best weapon in the game. This isn't an MMO that needs padding out to milk a subscription.

If i beat a hard boss or enemy i want a straight up reward.

That means no bloody 'fragment of ultima' which needs to then be combined with 'adamantite shard' x20 which has a 2% drop rate from some loving enemy located in only one specific part of the world that you need to be level 80+ to kill effectively.

Agreed. There are ways to do stuff like this that aren't grindy.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Kobal2 posted:

Word to the wise : I tried that myself. Naked polygons have NOT aged well.

Haha, I was just coming into this thread to say that I've started replaying the original after like 5 years, and that I still enjoy it as much as I hoped I would. I even think the graphics are still reasonably well aged, since the "remake" version you get now has at least smooth polygons and poo poo. It's a welcome mix of nostalgia and suprise at how much I ended up forgetting over the years for me, idk.

Personally I'm hyped as hell about the remake, I never quite got the entire controversy about it since I don't follow gaming news that much and it looked fine to me from the beginning.

I hope the demo drops soon. I'm between jobs right now so it'd be perfect timing.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't have trouble with FF7 as much as some people do. With that said, one of my favorite games of all time, Baldur's Gate 2 and Planescape: Torment are nigh unplayable to me, even despite how much I appreciate the environment art.

And I really, really appreciate those two games.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
On the other hand, SM64 is just graphical perfection.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Son of Rodney posted:

Personally I'm hyped as hell about the remake, I never quite got the entire controversy about it since I don't follow gaming news that much and it looked fine to me from the beginning.

The main points of controversy are:

1. Splitting the game up, which leaves a sour taste in people's mouths because if it gets split up 3 ways that's 180 for a formerly 60 game.

2. There's every reason to assume that the padding they are adding to justify these episodic releases is going to be complete dog poo poo, because all of the expanded universe stuff has been complete dog poo poo so far.

3. Boo action combat, give us nerds in a row waiting their turn.

Personally, I don't have a problem with 3 at all, I find ff7's combat too boring at this point. And I won't have a problem with 1 if 2 doesn't pan out either. But those have been the main concerns so far.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
There’s some script leak stuff that suggests somewhat major story changes. Or additions, at least.

HERE BE SPOILERS:

Hojo wanted to breed Aerith with G-Type SOLIDERs, referencing CC. Sephiroth seems to be quite chatty with Cloud in his head. The “Watchers of Fate” are way more integrated into the story it seems, with Aerith and Red straight up explaining what they are - they even appear and interrupt Hojo as he tells Cloud he was never in SOLDIER. Apparently they act as a sort of “destiny police” for the Lifestream, and appear to those who are trying to deviate from the will of the Planet.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I know it probably won't happen, because it would have been announced by now, but I'd like to see some sort of IZJS option that limits what Materia each character can equip.

Maybe as a DLC…

Son of Rodney posted:

Haha, I was just coming into this thread to say that I've started replaying the original after like 5 years, and that I still enjoy it as much as I hoped I would. I even think the graphics are still reasonably well aged, since the "remake" version you get now has at least smooth polygons and poo poo. It's a welcome mix of nostalgia and suprise at how much I ended up forgetting over the years for me, idk.

I tried to replay it a year or so ago, and I forgot how many drat mini games it has. They're all so loving bad. It's the only part of the remake that I'm not looking forward too.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HD DAD posted:

There’s some script leak stuff that suggests somewhat major story changes. Or additions, at least.

HERE BE SPOILERS:

Hojo wanted to breed Aerith with G-Type SOLIDERs, referencing CC. Sephiroth seems to be quite chatty with Cloud in his head. The “Watchers of Fate” are way more integrated into the story it seems, with Aerith and Red straight up explaining what they are - they even appear and interrupt Hojo as he tells Cloud he was never in SOLDIER. Apparently they act as a sort of “destiny police” for the Lifestream, and appear to those who are trying to deviate from the will of the Planet.

Jesus christ that Lifestream police is gonna be bad isn't it

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
yeah that's really loving dumb and another extension of the EU's shittier storytelling

WEAPON was the closest thing the Planet had to a defense system in the original and they were more like the kaiju version of white blood cells, and about as smart. dirge of cerberus and crisis core kept adding on more and more godlike entities sleeping in the Planet that can just do whatever when they feel like it

the Planet shouldn't have a "will" beyond "please stop killing me. you are killing me. i would like very much for you to stop killing me please." this metaphysical how-dare-you-fight-fate bullshit nearly ruined what little was good about FFXV before the other DLC's got canned

Oxxidation fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Jan 3, 2020

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

HD DAD posted:

HERE BE SPOILERS:

Hoooo boy, that sounds like it's gonna be... special.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

Elentor posted:

Jesus christ that Lifestream police is gonna be bad isn't it