Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Crowetron posted:

I don't want to dismiss your whole post, but for a second I thought you were gearing up for some sort FYAD John Galt speech and I dunno if I coulda handled that this early in the morning

take 1: bio shock humor

take 2: barnacle rand has a long fountainhead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Platystemon posted:

September of 1993 never ended.

Well, wake me up when it ends.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

UCS Hellmaker posted:

I think the delete post button is more a VB thing that due to the archives does very bad things to the DB, remember ZDR deleted many of his posts when he had his falling out with lowtax and almost every thread he posted in had to be remade because the threads started having phantom pages pop up and posts were being lost. VB probably at the time wasn't made to have an archival function and it was built up without any idea what it may entail if you delete posts.

this isn't what happened

zdr was working on a delete posts function to try and get rid of posts because around this time was when some website was really big into scraping old posts for personal details and people wanted something more than just moving threads to mod forums for privacy

he did a test run on the script using his old posts and it actually did work

then shortly after in a completely unrelated issue, the load balancer for the forum hosed up and started eating posts in topics, which is what caused the phantom pages

this was months before all the poo poo with lowtax started

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

this isn't what happened

zdr was working on a delete posts function to try and get rid of posts because around this time was when some website was really big into scraping old posts for personal details and people wanted something more than just moving threads to mod forums for privacy

then shortly after in a completely unrelated issue, the load balancer for the forum hosed up and started eating posts in topics, which is what caused the phantom pages

You can really see why ZDR ended up a thieving drug addict, can't you. Far less psychological stress than trying to code these forums.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Platystemon posted:

September of 1993 never ended.

Cool that means I'm like 10 years old

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
By this timescale I am 3 and so cannot be held responsible for my own actions. Like, say, making GBS threads on the annoying coworkers desk.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

AMISH FRIED PIES posted:

either way that post was longer than barnacle jim's face :stonk:

Ain't nothin' that long.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Carcer posted:

Ah but Big Calendar would throw its weight around and have anyone pushing the idea locked up.

Its been mainly opposed by Abrahamic religious groups that because the creation story took place over 7 days believe the week is divinely ordained. So their religious week would be offset by one day each year (two in leap) the way ours is now which would mean that for Haredi Jews for example Shabbat would slowly drift tp be say Wednesday making things more inconvienent.

Theres more advanced stuff like moving the days around so that which months have 31 is standardized with the first month of every quarter having 31 days and then the next 2 having 30.

Also its 364 days. I thought for a second that 365 was the figure that included the leap year.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Five‐sevenths of the population would oppose your reform on the basis that having their birthday permanently on a weekday would be unfun.

Dell_Zincht posted:

Happy 9620th September, unless you are in UTC+10 or greater, in which case it’s already 9621st September.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

this isn't what happened

What? This was public and a lot of people saw it.

Lowtax made a thread making fun of Shmorky's ex in GBS, linking her facebook. ZDR was very vocal in the thread about not wanting the thread open, how it was doxxing and in bad taste. The thread was closed and re-opened several times. After Lowtax declared the thread was staying open no matter what they got into it in the thread itself. ZDR melted down and told Lowtax publicly to fire him and then all of his posts were deleted.

The phantom page issue being a completely unrelated forum load balancer that affected only threads ZDR had posted in, exactly when he deleted all of his posts, would be an extreme coincidence.

The forums also going down within an hour of both of those things happening would also be another extreme coincidence.

I don't know if you got your information from ZDR himself but maybe the thieving drug addict isn't a reputable source on his own meltdowns, especially when one took out the forums for most of a day.

Rectal Death Adept has a new favorite as of 15:42 on Jan 2, 2020

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Paladinus posted:

Well, wake me up when it ends.
You're gonna be asleep for a very long time then.

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

Apparently I've been out of the loop because I dropped GBS so hard after 2.0 that I didn't know it was revamped again until yesterday reading this thread. Looking at it now it still doesn't seem like my kind of thing but it's definitely better than, well, that.

Dell_Zincht posted:

Malachite_Dragon posted:

By this timescale I am 3 and so cannot be held responsible for my own actions. Like, say, making GBS threads on the annoying coworkers desk.

Aw hell is that how that works? Probably for the be- *Vanishes*

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
LAMBLORD

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

shh, it's ok little guy *makes gentle soothing noises*

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

Snow Cone Capone posted:

shh, it's ok little guy *makes gentle soothing noises*

you better cut that poo poo out jimmy before arfjason starts bitching about you in qqcs!!!!

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Crime on a Dime posted:

you better cut that poo poo out jimmy before arfjason starts bitching about you in qqcs!!!!

I am arfjason

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
there’s definitely a 2003 weirdo hate vibe

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Crime on a Dime posted:

there’s definitely a 2003 weirdo hate vibe

there's no :regd03: smiley :(

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Tiler Kiwi posted:

people have been asking "what is fyad" for as long as ive been on this site and people have also been saying "fyad sucks" for that long too.

I think you put it better than I did. This is a good post about what FYAD is. It's a fascinating thing from a forums-sociology perspective.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

In the end aren't we all a little arfjason?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Don't listen to haters, LAMBLORD is here to stay!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

bell jar posted:

i'm almost tempted to try and get you to probe me in pyf

Just post a Microsoft Paint thread!

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

ToxicSlurpee posted:

In the end aren't we all a little arfjason?

Aye

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
Please don’t post small arf

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Snow Cone Capone posted:

there's no :regd03: smiley :(

We were too cool for that.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

:regd19: is just :regd16: but fyad

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747
i don't even remember what my regdate emote is so let's find out :regd12:

e: :(

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
:regd09: :regd08:

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I always wished I could claim :regd10:

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

:sueme:

razorrozar posted:

i don't even remember what my regdate emote is so let's find out :regd12:

e: :(

:(:hf::(

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

purple death ray posted:

I was just about to say I’m delighted my regdate emote is :regd10:

The fact I’m about to hit my ten year mark on this site makes me feel so goddamn old.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
I used to not know what :regd11: meant. then I knew and thought it was stupid. now I know and think its kind of funny. programming is a loving brain blight, never code

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

:regd13:

hell yeah im small bart

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
Barnacle Jim has a long face.
He rides a bike.
I've been a member since 2007. Please let me enjoy this for 50+ more years, OP.

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
A horse walks into a bar.

The bartender asks "why the long face?"

The horse says, "I'm Barnacle Jim"

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

:regd07:
Seems about right.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

purple death ray posted:

Same :regd03:

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Last night I had a dream that I had done something that pissed lowtax off so much that I was both banned and doxxed. I felt I had to tell somebody.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

rodbeard posted:

Last night I had a dream that I had done something that pissed lowtax off so much that I was both banned and doxxed. I felt I had to tell somebody.

You were just dreaming you were snoo, because that actually happened.