Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Tiler Kiwi posted:

I used to not know what :regd11: meant. then I knew and thought it was stupid. now I know and think its kind of funny. programming is a loving brain blight, never code

Those are Windows icons. The first is a registry file. The second is a DLL file. Shorten registry to reg, make DLL lowercase and it looks similar to d11.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
don't read that don't learn anything about computers, im serious people!!!!

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

:hmmyes:

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

oh gently caress I read it and now im making posts about how the xbox one has the wrong kind of ram

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
root files? more like root beer, am I right?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Now I have opinions about graphics cards.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Those are Windows icons. The first is a registry file. The second is a DLL file. Shorten registry to reg, make DLL lowercase and it looks similar to d11.

:negative:

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
Corsair is loving old. You can't deny it.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

serious norman posted:

His life is long, one could say.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

serious norman posted:

:lol: how old was Corsair back then anyway?

Considering that we were mostly in our early 20's, I imagine 35 was old enough to be old

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
we all want to get old but being old looks like it sucks a lot. all your friends are dead and you keep making GBS threads yourself, like yeah okay im real enthusiastic about that life

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

:wrongcity:

Tiler Kiwi posted:

we all want to get old but being old looks like it sucks a lot. all your friends are dead and you keep making GBS threads yourself, like yeah okay im real enthusiastic about that life

Truly what is the virtue of longevity??

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Crime on a Dime posted:

you better cut that poo poo out jimmy before arfjason starts bitching about you in qqcs!!!!

U wot

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Hoshi posted:

Truly what is the virtue of longevity??

if boomers are any indictor, it's spite, nothing but spite

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I just want to complain in QCS more about the avatar change stuff needing some sort of change to it so at the very least a mod can see which person purchased an avatar change so appropriate punishments can be applied if the avatar change feature is misused (doxxing, bigotry, et cetera) and also for it to require an account since holy loving poo poo this site is so dumb

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010
What? You don't need an account to change someones av?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

SunAndSpring posted:

I just want to complain in QCS more about the avatar change stuff needing some sort of change to it so at the very least a mod can see which person purchased an avatar change so appropriate punishments can be applied if the avatar change feature is misused (doxxing, bigotry, et cetera) and also for it to require an account since holy loving poo poo this site is so dumb

Radium code is wonderful

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

18-hour probations? :aaaaa:

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Carcer posted:

i invite you to join me in quiet contemplation on just how many meanings the phrase "comedy site" can have

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Carcer posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leHeXqFIQgc

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

FactsAreUseless posted:

18-hour probations? :aaaaa:

welcome back FAU, i hope you had a good holiday

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Always emtpyquote 8e8op. :hai:

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

I'm guessing there might be some PCI compliance concerns linking your forums account to a specific purchase.

:fakeedit: nevermind, you have to login to change your own username. So there should be a framework that could work.

This might be better for the tech thread in GBS, but does SA keep a record of avatar changes? Aside from iterating the name of the profile picture, I don't know if it's logged anywhere.

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010

Tiler Kiwi posted:

i invite you to join me in quiet contemplation on just how many meanings the phrase "comedy site" can have

There are few places where the site itself is the punchline half the time.

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender

razorrozar posted:

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

SA's Greatest Sagas: careful that's a load-bearing slur

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Brute Squad posted:

I'm guessing there might be some PCI compliance concerns linking your forums account to a specific purchase.

:fakeedit: nevermind, you have to login to change your own username. So there should be a framework that could work.

This might be better for the tech thread in GBS, but does SA keep a record of avatar changes? Aside from iterating the name of the profile picture, I don't know if it's logged anywhere.

There used to be a site that did that, esarahpalinonline.com but I fear it has died.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Soap (somethinfawful old avatar preview) used to work too

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

seriously, Pastry, do the needful. this is way too good to not be a thread title.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Tiler Kiwi posted:

don't read that don't learn anything about computers, im serious people!!!!

It's too late for me, I've been computer toucher for years, but the rest of you...SAVE YOURSELVES

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

is there still an xbox mockthread, are people still posting about the xbox and its wrong kind of ram

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Crocoswine posted:

is there still an xbox mockthread, are people still posting about the xbox and its wrong kind of ram

not since Black Baby Goku got permabanned (again) I think

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Snow Cone Capone posted:

not since Black Baby Goku got permabanned (again) I think

Nah, it's still around, but very slow and just more of a general xbox shitposting chat thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3622381

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

[/quote]

hamprince is good but please mods

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Tiler Kiwi posted:

IKR

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Crocoswine posted:

LOL Xbox is huge! :lol: Gamecube has a handle!

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

hanales posted:

There used to be a site that did that, esarahpalinonline.com but I fear it has died.

I'm pretty sure those sites only scraped the profile pic, not the text box/gang tags.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

GameCube was such a great console

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

purple death ray posted:

GameCube was such a great console

It had a handle!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU