Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Real Amethyst
Apr 20, 2018

When no one was looking, Serval took forty Japari buns. She took 40 buns. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible.
I've never seen a fisherman wear a life jacket... like ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Crosspost from the Russia thread. Sound on:

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
I wonder if anybody ever bothered estimating the number of fingers per capita. I bet Russia's would be on the bottom of the range.

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Cojawfee posted:

What the gently caress even is that job?

He's on a trawler, and is working the port where the line is reeled in to remove hooks, kill the fish, and sort for processing. (I'm sure there's an official name for the role but I have no idea.)

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

HardDiskD posted:

This has to be so annoying but it's so cute. :3:

They're just saying thank you :) I have a pair I feed sometimes in my back yard. 5am. *tap tap tap* *Tap Tap Tap* *TAP TAP TAP*, what the hell is tapping on my bedroom window? Opening the curtains,

*CAWWWWW* *chitters and flies away*

They really like the tomatoes I leave out for them, and also the coloured bottle caps I leave on the fence for them to play with.

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
https://m.imgur.com/r/maybemaybemaybe/xD6sglr

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Heckel and Jeckel (sp?) were Magpies IIRC.

They were hilarious, and used to do some hosed up poo poo in their cartoons. When I was really young, I referred to them as "Those Funny Birds".

ncumbered_by_idgits posted:

I never cease to be amazed at the strength of the king-pin. Or whatever the pin is called that connects the truck to the trailer.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure its the kingpin. I remember years ago in Toronto there was a truck that went over the barrier on a tall overpass and it was only kept in place by the kingpin. Like the trailer didn't go over, but the truck did, and was just hanging there.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

Crosspost from the Russia thread. Sound on:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVwwcIR45po&t=55s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPRI_M3CwX4&t=260s
New Year in the Netherlands

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Well poo poo, apparently the American Red Cross has been training me incorrectly in CPR certification:

https://imgur.com/r/maybemaybemaybe/kpJAEBj

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Podima posted:

Stabbing fish apparently!

Rinse and repeat.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

wesleywillis posted:

Heckel and Jeckel (sp?) were Magpies IIRC.

They were hilarious, and used to do some hosed up poo poo in their cartoons. When I was really young, I referred to them as "Those Funny Birds".

They are still awesome in general.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heckle_and_Jeckle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=results

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin
https://i.imgur.com/GHAlU6S.mp4

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Attempted murder, right?

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Burning_Monk posted:

Attempted murder, right?

In Russia, it's Tuesday.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
I'm impressed at how fast Van Guy has that shovel out and ready to whoop rear end.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Wingnut Ninja posted:

I'm impressed at how fast Van Guy has that shovel out and ready to whoop rear end.

Sickle, hammer, spade comrade

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Music is awesome. Turn the fuckin sound on, you won't regret it.

Vladimir bon-jovski

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
my buddy snapped this pic today in galveston, raining all day too so I bet that truck bed isn't the grippiest place to stand.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

so... did that second to last car actually squish the guy or not?

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?

Burning_Monk posted:

Attempted murder, right?

I’m squinting on mobile but the aggressor appears to have a knife, so yes presumably.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Why is he out running on the icy interstate at all, wtf get away.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Burt Sexual posted:

Why is he out running on the icy interstate at all, wtf get away.

IIRC, he was in the crashed truck and was trying to warn people about the bad conditions. He wasn't just going for a suicide jog.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Since that Jeep was able to slow down and stop without hitting anyone, I'm guessing everyone else was on their phone or something and weren't paying attention.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Burning_Monk posted:

Attempted murder, right?
Two crows are an attempted murder, not two magpies.

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin
Remember to secure your load

https://i.imgur.com/o97MrXp.mp4

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Cojawfee posted:

Since that Jeep was able to slow down and stop without hitting anyone, I'm guessing everyone else was on their phone or something and weren't paying attention.

It was black ice

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Wingnut Ninja posted:

These videos have taught me that all Russians have a melee weapon at the ready in their vehicle, and many seem as though they’ve trained with it extensively.

Classon Ave. Robot
Oct 7, 2019

by Athanatos

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

These videos have taught me that all Russians have a melee weapon at the ready in their vehicle, and many seem as though they’ve trained with it extensively.

You have to duel with your instructor using your weapon of choice to pass the driver's exam and get your license in Russia

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

CzarChasm posted:

IIRC, he was in the crashed truck and was trying to warn people about the bad conditions. He wasn't just going for a suicide jog.

It appears he tried, lay on the horn, call 911, wave like an idiot from the side? Don’t run into traffic on ice?

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

These videos have taught me that all Russians live with a grim expectation of a sudden death, which is why so many of them drink vodka instead of water.

And given how they drive, that may be a reasonable attitude to take.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
Everything we say about Russia will be true about America after Trump wins his 3rd term.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

CannonFodder posted:

Two crows are an attempted murder, not two magpies.

Crows and magpies are both in the corvid family, so murder can apply, but magpie flocks are usually called tidings. A tiding of magpies. Like a wave of assholes.

https://researchmaniacs.com/CollectiveNouns/Animals/What-is-a-group-of-Magpies-called.html

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Is that a multimodal container cut in half and welded onto a truck frame?

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

zedprime posted:

Is that a multimodal container cut in half and welded onto a truck frame?

I'm going to guess "yes" on that one.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
hey OSHA thread there's a funny goigns on in BYOB about what if you could play D&D while operating construction equipment

folks its a real knee slapper, i tell you what.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

This looks like a good spot for a campsite:

https://i.imgur.com/uWNRCGN.mp4

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Goddamn, I thought that was a tent or something at first. That dude almost got splattered.

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

So I am the OSHA today. Stumbled getting up off the floor after doing some welding, tried to brace myself against the wall and dislocated my left shoulder. Been a long time since I've felt anything that painful.

Kind of an extra dose of embarrassment since I'm the head of the safety committee. First recordable accident I've had in twenty years.

bar88537
Nov 8, 2004

This one went by without much fanfare, but I can't wrap my head around it. So the ladder is in the bucket, but how did it get there? It looks like if they pulled away from the pole, the ladder would fall right out, so did they load it on the ground and balance it over to the pole? Was the guy in the bucket with the ladder when getting into position? When did he attach his harness to it? Again, the ladder looks like it'll fall with any movement, so he's strapping himself to the heavy metal object while above the water.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Crows and magpies are both in the corvid family, so murder can apply, but magpie flocks are usually called tidings. A tiding of magpies. Like a wave of assholes.

One for sorrow, two for joy...