Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

baby puzzle posted:

In the atlas, what is the column of squares on the left? There is a group of 4 squares for each region. I can socket a watchstone there, but it seems to do nothing.

The new atlas missions are a mess. I beat Baran but the mission "The Crusader" is still incomplete.

The squares on the left are storage for stones you don't want to use. It also shows you what watchstones you've obtained for each area.

You need to beat Baran 5 times to complete his mission.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
Can I get advice on my impale champ? JinWoLong

I can pretty safely take on t13s, 14s, and usually 15s, but die pretty consistently in t16s, and lvl84 Drox wrecked me so hard I had to get a carry. Couldn't put a dent in him. Not sure where I should be focusing my upgrades.
• Steel rings?
• Some kind of Watcher's Eye?
• Farrul's Fur?
• switch over to a stygian and abyssal jewel?

Not really sure what the best path forward is.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
I'm also running impale champ bow, I'm on mobile but anecdotally I started doing way better in high end maps when I invested more into ehp and molten shell. Now that I'm close to the MS cap and using it judiciously it's way harder to get pasted.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
Can you link your character?

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
dyzzyMetaSlave

If anything, Farrul's is bad for my survivability compared to a good rare chest, but it does contribute a nice chunk of armour. Worth noting that i don't actually run determination, I'm just levelling the gem for now.

I have a pretty sad hp bar, like 4.6k, but it belies just how much I can soak up. Unless the map is really crazy I kill t16 metamorphs but popping MS/VMS and standing there firing barrage into its face.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Dr. Mantis Toboggan posted:

Current gear (will replace with PoB link after work): https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Lulenius/characters

Swap HH out for Ryslatha's Coil for bossing.

* Got a Soul Taker with Fortify on Hit, which has worked well. Haven't noticed any difference in Fortify uptime and was able to add Ruthless for more dps.
* I dropped Impresence and am now at 3 maximum Frenzy charges at all times, which is a huge boost to boss dps. I'm at 3.55 million Shaper dps without the Delve helm mod factored in. I was able to do this without needing an expensive Vulnerability on hit ring thanks to these ridiculous gloves:

WTF at that Soul Taker.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

J posted:

Well it looks like your next 10-15 levels will give you quite a few ES nodes, playing around in pob it looks like that's going to be 600-800ish ES with no gear changes. You're missing INT on gear in quite a few spots, don't forget you have utmost intellect so you get 8% bonus to int rolls. Int is a very considerable amount of ES. Try and pickup 40+ int rolls on rings and boots. You'll get some strength from skill points soon-ish on the west side of the tree so hopefully you can ditch the strength on the ring slot and trade it for int. It's late and my brain is mush so I'm not going to look into the aura math as to why people are using prism guardian but that is a huge loss of ES in that slot, and not having %ES gain on block is a big defensive loss as well especially since you already have the legion jewel. You can use tempering catalysts or fertile catalysts to make your presence of chayula 24% life to ES. Looks like tempering is cheaper at the moment. More tempering catalysts on the belt to get more ES out of it, although you may want to buy a better belt before doing that. Quality up your flasks, especially the Rumi's. I also use a shield charge - faster attacks - fortify setup to have fortify up basically all the time, but it seems like I'm the odd one out in that regard. Most other occultists I see on poe.ninja don't do that and that seems pretty crazy to me considering how much free time the build has to shield charge around while dots do the work.

Thanks dawg, I had been underestimating Intellect contributions.

I’m also noticing a lot of folks using level 1 Clarity... what’s the point of that? I’ve got enough Regen from the tree that mana has never been an issue without it. It makes sense if you’ve got a Watcher’s Eye, but I’m seeing tons of folks without one still have Clarity.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

They probably have a watchers eye with a clarity affix

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire
It's also a mostly free 3% attack and cast speed if you're a Necro with commander of darkness.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Dr. Mantis Toboggan posted:

Current gear (will replace with PoB link after work): https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Lulenius/characters

Swap HH out for Ryslatha's Coil for bossing.

* Got a Soul Taker with Fortify on Hit, which has worked well. Haven't noticed any difference in Fortify uptime and was able to add Ruthless for more dps.
* I dropped Impresence and am now at 3 maximum Frenzy charges at all times, which is a huge boost to boss dps. I'm at 3.55 million Shaper dps without the Delve helm mod factored in. I was able to do this without needing an expensive Vulnerability on hit ring thanks to these ridiculous gloves:

How are you not instantly exploding to all the chaos damage from metamorphs this league with no chaos res?

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
Started out this league playing a Frost Blades Berserker because I found a build for it on the forums, I didn't know at the time that the Berserker is the absolute least played class and now at level 85 I'm getting exploded by anything that looks at me funny in maps with monsters well below my level.

I'm trying starting over with another weird build I found on the forums, a Summoner Champion, hopefully that goes better.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Just do a necro ffs.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*

euphronius posted:

Just do a necro ffs.

I refuse to play anything meta.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hate to break it to you but basically everything fun is meta and its meta because its fun

J
Jun 10, 2001

Traitorous Leopard posted:

Thanks dawg, I had been underestimating Intellect contributions.

I’m also noticing a lot of folks using level 1 Clarity... what’s the point of that? I’ve got enough Regen from the tree that mana has never been an issue without it. It makes sense if you’ve got a Watcher’s Eye, but I’m seeing tons of folks without one still have Clarity.

Is it linked to blood magic? Depending on what they are running on blood magic and how much reduction in mana reserved they have, they might need just a little bit more reserved on their life pool to push themselves below 35% life to get pain attunement active. Level 1 clarity is nice for that. Either that, or are they are just using it as a placeholder until they can afford a watcher's eye with clarity. Or they are just cargo culting.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

J posted:

Or they are just cargo culting.

Has anyone posted this league's builds of shame yet? https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds?item=Atziris-Promise,!Glorious-Vanity&keystone=Avatar-of-Fire

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
So I've saved up enough from a Headhunter. What's the best build for a HH virgin to have some fun with, preferably melee.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

I was really confused by this until I realized you were excluding Glorious Vanity.

One of those guys does have a Lethal Pride covering up Avatar of Fire though.

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Only a few find the way, some don't recognize it when they do - some... don't ever want to.

Larry Parrish posted:

hate to break it to you but basically everything fun is meta and its meta because its fun

Summoner is not remotely fun

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Zenithe posted:

So I've saved up enough from a Headhunter. What's the best build for a HH virgin to have some fun with, preferably melee.

Melee? Anything Cyclone, Champ or Slayer usually. The most awkward part about HH for melee is you can't wear Soul Tether though, and endless leech is such a huge benefit. I'm actually considering taking the actual Slayer leech nodes on my dude once I finish my gear upgrades and have enough dps I don't care that they are a huge dps loss.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
I discovered something amusing. It's possible to run Minion Instability with Herald of Purity and get some decent dps out of it. You just need two circles of guilt with reservation reduction. You'd obviously want the sentinel damage boost as well. Rings like that cost about 70c each unfortunately.

The Locator posted:

The more I look at this, the more I think I missed this DPS drop when making another change, but I'm not sure what. I did recently change my rings around, so I am going to have to take a look at what those changes did, but I have to get back online and get the old ones to see what they were.

Here is my PoB - https://pastebin.com/wE4SSUym

Feel free to suggest what I should upgrade next, and how, as I'm mostly just trying to get more life/mana and keep my resists above minimum now.

I found the problem. You've got the wrong Raise Zombie gem selected on the left panel. Click the dropdown and select the Raise Zombie on the bottom, which has your supports. It does 63.5k dps, which is more what you'd expect.

McFrugal fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Jan 2, 2020

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

Aerox posted:

How are you not instantly exploding to all the chaos damage from metamorphs this league with no chaos res?

For general clearing I have HH (which gives me some extra life and a bunch of extra ES) and I just blow everything up before it kills me :V

Also:
* Amethyst Flask instead of Quicksilver (don't really need the latter)
* I pop Vaal Molten Shell whenever I spawn a metamorph and usually it's dead within 5-7 seconds
* Soul of Arakaali and Soul of Shakari in my Pantheon fully upgraded

I do want more Chaos Res though. I will likely try to find some more on my rings at some point.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Is there more to "how to spawn a conqueror in an influenced area" other than chaining different maps?
I think ive run 5 maps of appropriate tier now and the bitch just doesnt show up.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

I've definitely run more than 5 in an area before getting one to show.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

McFrugal posted:

I found the problem. You've got the wrong Raise Zombie gem selected on the left panel. Click the dropdown and select the Raise Zombie on the bottom, which has your supports. It does 63.5k dps, which is more what you'd expect.

Doh.. I knew it had to be something stupid.. I completely forgot that I was leveling another gem in my inactive weapons. Thank you!

With that fixed, I have about 1 million Shaper DPS without my skeletons, and about 4.1 million with the skels out.

Vaal Skels? Lol.. they add a ridiculous unknown number when they add another 41 skeletons of various types to the fray.

The Locator fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Jan 2, 2020

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I'm debating on respeccing my chaos/poison wander into a more traditional direct damage type. Intelligence scaling CI type. Not for any particular reason, since the chaos/poison wanding is going great. Killed Awakener 8 twice so far with a third spawn almost ready, delved down to 250 thus far without many problems, etc. I just found myself doing a lot of duration type builds this league without really many direct damage kinds.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

whypick1 posted:

I've definitely run more than 5 in an area before getting one to show.

im lvl 94 and made 17% xp since influence came up... that within normal parameters?

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
I've gone on some pretty bad streaks trying to pop conquerors. It just happens sometimes

J
Jun 10, 2001

One time I was on pure autopilot and clicked through Zana's "I've got good news and bad news" prompt without realizing it and proceeded to map a bunch and wonder why the gently caress the conqueror wouldn't spawn. Then I realized I needed to talk to Kirac to spawn the drat stronghold. So uh, don't do that I guess?

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Ok so ive just had bad luck, i can live with that.
just wanted to know if ive done something wrong, or overlooked a pattern or something.
At 20% she decided to come out and play.

RossCo
Dec 30, 2012

I have no idea what I am doing in almost any given situation.

Yolomon Wayne posted:

im lvl 94 and made 17% xp since influence came up... that within normal parameters?

I've been trying to farm Awakener and can confirm: Some of the unlucky streaks can get pretty heartbreaking, I've burnt through enormous piles of white maps getting taunts.

Out of pure superstition if I hit a streak of over 10 I'll change my hideout, but there is 0 evidence that actually makes a difference.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

RossCo posted:

I've been trying to farm Awakener and can confirm: Some of the unlucky streaks can get pretty heartbreaking, I've burnt through enormous piles of white maps getting taunts.

Out of pure superstition if I hit a streak of over 10 I'll change my hideout, but there is 0 evidence that actually makes a difference.

Moooooooooo

RossCo
Dec 30, 2012

I have no idea what I am doing in almost any given situation.

silvergoose posted:

Moooooooooo

Absolutely. I try to resist and then the urge to do SOMETHING to shake the drat thing loose kicks in.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Is there a list of anointments that cross-references their oil cost?

Or is there a general list of cheap anoints to use on low-to-mid tier gear while I build up wealth for high-end stuff?

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

whydirt posted:

Is there a list of anointments that cross-references their oil cost?

Does this help? http://blight.raelys.com/

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

so i randomly corrupted these and now i kinda want to build around them. im guessing tshot bow champ is the way to go? do they bleed enough to proc hemo explosions?

queeb fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Jan 3, 2020

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Gloves + support gem + bow mod is 80%, not that hard to get completely capped.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Isnt that a passive node by duelist somewhere that gives you chance to bleed with attacks

Goodchild
Jan 3, 2010
It has been a couple leagues since I played, I was a spectre summoner last time and that was a lot of fun. This league I decided to try Mathil's coc dd/vd build. Once I got my crit up high enough to get it working it was fun and powerful even though I could never seem to match the level of power he reached. I'm currently at t12ish maps and map clearing is still very quick with my crowd clearing capability but bosses are becoming an issue. My survivability and single target DPS both showing themselves to be a problem now. I'm still too new to have the eye for building a character to peak effectiveness so I thought I'd ask the thread.

https://pastebin.com/qKraVbTy , my character, any advice would be welcome. I'm sure there are a lot of things I can improve.

Goodchild fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Jan 3, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Larry Parrish posted:

Isnt that a passive node by duelist somewhere that gives you chance to bleed with attacks

There's 3 clusters near Duelist start. Best would probably be Deadly Draw (54% increased DoT, 44% increased physical damage, 25% chance to bleed and 15% faster bleeding damage, all for bows, in 3 nodes) as its the closest to the start, so less travelling.