Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
That's another important point to remember. Not all these QBs are exactly the same dude and Jackson is on a different level than those guys. He deserves credit for the success just as much as anyone cause like Pop Dog said he is very good with throwing the ball and will thrive to some degree no matter who is running the show. He's not just some poor helpless soul. He's an extremely talented and perhaps a generationally talented guy and is also pretty smart and knows how to handle himself.

Even during last year's transitional offense with Morninwheg and mostly just a running player we went 6-1 and made the playoffs after being 4-5. And also took the running game a complete 180 from being the worst in the league to the best. All before Greg Roman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ghost Dog posted:

he is kind of an island as a coach, not really belonging to any coaching tree and to my knowledge not really having any disciples of his own.

I'd argue he's pretty clearly part of Harbaugh's tree (Jim's), but it seems like one of those situations where he made Jim look better rather than the other way around.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Hizawk posted:

Dorsey has to be hired immediately for the next GM opening, right?

Like, he was amazing in Cleveland, right?

The Dolphins would be extremely wise to throw money at Dorsey right now. They have so much cap that he can't screw it up and a ton of picks.

The other possible/maybe rumor about Dorsey's time in Cleveland is he wanted to keep a "weak" coach in town that wouldn't challenge him.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
A fun tidbit:

https://twitter.com/BobbyBeltTX/status/1212880901979463680?s=19

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Watch them keep Garrett but invent a meaningless job for him so they can get a new coach, like "Jerry's Special Boy"

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/YahooSports/status/1212913096903122945?s=20

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
He's going to outlast Belichick.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

:eyepop:

WHAT?!

I mean, :lol:, but WHAT?!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I want to get off this ride.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

fartknocker posted:

Jason Garrett has always been the coach of Eurasia the Dallas Cowboys.

:bisonyes:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Hello, friend. There are always open seats on the Seahawks bandwagon.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

https://twitter.com/drewmagary/status/1212923405202345984

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I'm going to get off when Jerry announces he's keeping Garrett.

And by "get off" I mean CUM!!! :gizz:

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

It is completely insane that they haven't announced that they're keeping Garrett yet. Is the plan to news dump it, like, late Friday night?

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
Garrett is STAYING, but Jerry knows this will cause people to flip out, so he's waiting till people get too bored to care to make the announcement

Bet he waits till Super Bowl week

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Dre2Dee2 posted:

Garrett is STAYING, but Jerry knows this will cause people to flip out, so he's waiting till people get too bored to care to make the announcement

Bet he waits till Super Bowl week

jerry secretly orchestrating a war with iran to distract from the garrett news

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
It's not like Garrett is some wonderful guy who has earned a pillowy-soft nudge out the door, he's a backstabbing shitweasel who specializes in kissing rear end and ducking responsibility. Of course Jerry Jones sees those as positives so whelp

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

IT'S HAPPENING DOT GEE EYE EFF

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Update the Op you doofus!!

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

:sickos: :sickos: :sickos: :sickos: :sickos:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
ESPN just flashed on screen that Garret is fired. But it quickly went away.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

App says the same.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Jason Schrödinger Garret

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Yeah, I saw that as well and did a double take.

Ed Werder's the one reporting it:

https://twitter.com/WerderEdESPN/status/1212919672993128449

https://twitter.com/WerderEdESPN/status/1212926303785103366

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Stephen and Jerry Jr. playing keep away with Jerry's phone.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/1212936748701011968?s=19

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
That took longer then it had any right to.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

of course, dump it as we're going into war

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Going to be a good First Take tomorrow

aw they fired him

Despera fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Jan 3, 2020

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
loving :lol: this is an all-time news dump

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

gently caress

Never again will we get to enjoy the clapper

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

really queer Christmas posted:

gently caress

Never again will we get to enjoy the clapper

I want those rumors about the Giants hiring him to be true.

I cannot imagine anything the fan base would hate more.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Grittybeard posted:

I want those rumors about the Giants hiring him to be true.

I cannot imagine anything the fan base would hate more.

Maras love him

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

God drat they have to put out this wishy washy bullshit instead of anything concrete so I don’t even get the catharsis I’ve waited ten long years to feel gently caress you jerry

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Hunt11 posted:

That took longer then it had any right to.

Seriously. Four loving days to do what everyone thought they were going to do - until they took so long to do it that we thought they were going to do the opposite.

Blue balls, man.

What the gently caress did they do the last four days? Sit around a conference table talking about poo poo? Did they offer Garrett a job in the organization and he refused it unless he got to stay head coach? I don't understand what possibly could have happened through all of this.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Jerry Jones orgasm denial JOI

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Kawalimus posted:

I do appreciate it--I just don't think it will be hard to find someone willing to at least try to replicate what he's done here. Teams have the resources to find guys. And there are people out there who are champing at the bit to work with Lamar Jackson and willing to at least try to imitate to some degree what Roman has done. And also Jackson himself is still here and will certainly have input. Roman was the right guy for this year but we saw what we needed to see. And other people that we don't know are out there. That's what I think I'm trying to get across. There are unknowns out there. Take our own coach Harbaugh for instance. Nobody looked at him as a major candidate for a coach before he came here. And I'm not even saying he was any good or bad or whatever. But we have won under him. And he kind of came out of nowhere except for his last name recognition. So there are other unknowns out there that the team can go out and search for. Roman may be the only one we know of now who does what he does but there are others out there. And that's the kind of guy teams have the resources to look for. And we don't necessarily know how to find without that.

The offense that the Ravens are running looks very much to me like the one Washington ran during RG3's rookie year. You know, the one before they broke him. Lamar seems to be a lot smarter about avoiding contact than RG3 was that year. Pretty sure Ingram is a better running back than Alfred Morris too, although Morris was either the league or NFC leader in rushing that year because of the scheme.

So yeah it's probably not impossible to find people to run a similar scheme who aren't Roman.

Can people who have watched a lot of the Ravens this year and a lot of rookie RG3 comment on similarities or difference in the type of zone read offense?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

God drat they have to put out this wishy washy bullshit instead of anything concrete so I don’t even get the catharsis I’ve waited ten long years to feel gently caress you jerry

https://twitter.com/GaryMyersNY/status/1212934559286857728

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

LabyaMynora posted:

What the gently caress did they do the last four days? Sit around a conference table talking about poo poo? Did they offer Garrett a job in the organization and he refused it unless he got to stay head coach? I don't understand what possibly could have happened through all of this.

I mean, everything about the last 5 or 6 years about Garrett is bewildering to me. Why did Jerry love him so much?

I guess he had an excuse when Romo died and they went 4-12 and you had to keep him after 13-3 with rookie Dak but at the very least since then....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Grittybeard posted:

I mean, everything about the last 5 or 6 years about Garrett is bewildering to me. Why did Jerry love him so much?

I guess he had an excuse when Romo died and they went 4-12 and you had to keep him after 13-3 with rookie Dak but at the very least since then....

They should have fired him in 2013 after they blew all those games late and he threw Romo under the bus