Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

this is going to suck so hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

deathbysnusnu posted:

Iran is probably going to seize the initiative. Trump came up with the assassinate the Iranian second in command like last week and definitely hasn’t done the months of logistics necessary for a war of the scale we’re probably going to get.

well iran can't really invade us so the most *they* can do is blow up some carriers

which leads to america invading iran

which leads to a massive clusterfuck

all this will happen much more slowly than we hope lol

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

did Brian Williams cum on air yet

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

It is widely believed among hard line Shiites in Iraq and Iran that the United States had created ISIL (ISIL) to sow chaos in the Middle East. The US did inadvertently create ISIL, but that isn’t what even the Bush administration was going for. And, the US did let ISIL grow powerful in eastern Syria after 2012, in an attempt to weaken the al-Assad regime in Damascus, according to then-Secretary of State John Kerry. But the way Khamenei puts it is just a conspiracy theory, and it was the US, after all, that orchestrated the defeat of that terrorist organization (though Iran also played a major role in all that).

Khamenei played on this conspiracy theory, saying, “America’s attack on the Popular Mobilization Units is in reality an act of vengeance on behalf of ISIL, given that it was the Iraqi popular militias that defeated and eradicated ISIL.”

https://www.juancole.com/2020/01/divinely-leaders-khamenei.html

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

cumshitter posted:

what the hell happened ive spent the entire day being sick as gently caress

taco saw a weird bird, unsure if there's a pic of it

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
tossed a bee into the snuff box

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

DryGoods posted:

butts are now illegal

but sir... I have a butt

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Louisgod posted:

First off, killing people owns. I love it. When I read a brown skinned guy got killed, I jacked off. I’m very smart, and I’m very smart because I fist bumped when I read suspwhateverhisnameis died from dying, from us, but

What’s up, Jim Webb?

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

spacemang_spliff posted:

well it's already been the greatest foreign policy accomplishment of the decade

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1212940412761100288

loving scum

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

lol do you think they don't expect some kind of retalliation

as in like do they expect Iran to just sit there and take this and not do anything, further escalation? lol this is hosed

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
un holding hague trials for the makers of mre pizza, troops deserve justice

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Durf posted:

did Brian Williams cum on air yet

He has to get oiled up first

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'd really like to see other NATO nations like the UK, France, Germany come out and condemn the strike.

Just to add more fuel to the fire.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Log082 posted:

this is going to suck so hard

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
wow, president isis

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Surely they're just posturing though

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

spacemang_spliff posted:

well it's already been the greatest foreign policy accomplishment of the decade

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1212940412761100288

in what world would an act of war actually start a war?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

the first volley of WW3 have been shed and it's over Twitter

:rip:

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

logikv9 posted:

wow, president isis

More like president waswas am I right folks

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
trump really let the cat out of the henhouse this time

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

BgRdMchne posted:

keep us updated

I don't have a needle but I found some soda so I may just have to poke a hole with a pin or something and pour it in

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

suleimanghazi ain't goin away

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

the future pwns

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Al! posted:

i know you all wanted to keep your bernie hopes but many of you were way too young to see what happens when america goes into a blood frenzy

:rip: Norma Tanega btw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPZVrmJ2HH8

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Al! posted:

trump really let the cat out of the henhouse this time

are you joe biden?

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

ArmZ posted:

It is widely believed among hard line Shiites in Iraq and Iran that the United States had created ISIL (ISIL) to sow chaos in the Middle East. The US did inadvertently create ISIL, but that isn’t what even the Bush administration was going for. And, the US did let ISIL grow powerful in eastern Syria after 2012, in an attempt to weaken the al-Assad regime in Damascus, according to then-Secretary of State John Kerry. But the way Khamenei puts it is just a conspiracy theory, and it was the US, after all, that orchestrated the defeat of that terrorist organization (though Iran also played a major role in all that).

Khamenei played on this conspiracy theory, saying, “America’s attack on the Popular Mobilization Units is in reality an act of vengeance on behalf of ISIL, given that it was the Iraqi popular militias that defeated and eradicated ISIL.”

yeah but the US is gonna openly arm NeoISIS to fight Iran now

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Hope everyone has a fun and safe election year

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

The Trump administration should be called Trumpghazi for historical purposes

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

will iraq greet iran as liberators

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Atrocious Joe posted:

yeah but the US is gonna openly arm NeoISIS to fight Iran now

neo is good now, like neo-liberal and neo-reactionary

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

If only drama stayed on the forums.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh cool trump assassinated an iranian general and did not even bother to tell anyone or plan any followup for it and now we're scrambling east coast heavies and c17s out of rammstein whoo :sadpeanut:

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
So Trump just blew up the leader of the Quds forces and the leader of Iraq's biggest Shiite militia?

Good start to the year America.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

The top 5 thinks trending are the war except for that lmao

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
everyone chill, it's just trump

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Uncle Wemus posted:

they already do

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

ArmZ posted:

drat, the US is gonna have to team up with ISIS to defeat Iran, thanks obama!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Lmfao

https://twitter.com/ashtonpittman/status/1212932497434128384

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Uncle Wemus posted:

Not the sunnis