Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

M_Gargantua posted:

There is very little Iran can do against the continental US,

Holy jesus christ this isn't true these days. There's a million ways they can gently caress with us, this isn't 2003.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

pantslesswithwolves posted:

And the only reason this is the CE thread is because Two Finger wanted to see pictures of Monty so he spammed this one, thus artificially boosting the post count and making it so McNally picked this one.

As with most things, it’s the loving Kiwi’s fault.

I picked this thread because it had the most recent post when I looked, TwoFing hadn't started spamming then.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

MRC48B posted:

Holy jesus christ this isn't true these days. There's a million ways they can gently caress with us, this isn't 2003.

Or 2016.

This basically makes it absolutely, ironclad sure that Iran develops nukes.

https://twitter.com/AdamWeinstein/status/1212948557482909696

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

MRC48B posted:

Yeah. Even just having hackers attack the criminally insecure Industrial Control Systems (ICS) like SCADA systems related to our manufacturing, oil and gas, utility, or maritime port sector of our economy would completely gently caress us.

Meshka
Nov 27, 2016

MRC48B posted:

Think of it as a parity of power. They have none. For every attack against American citizens the relatianion will be ten fold. Maybe attacking american personel was not the wise strategic choice on their part.

MRC48B posted:

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Meshka posted:

Think of it as a parity of power. They have none. For every attack against American citizens the relatianion will be ten fold. Maybe attacking american personel was not the wise strategic choice on their part.

They have "none?" Are you loving high?

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

facialimpediment posted:

This basically makes it absolutely, ironclad sure that Iran develops nukes.

The fact they actually stopped (and they did) was a loving miracle. Good luck now.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Meshka posted:

they've been attacking american personnel since around 2003 you fuckin clownshoe

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/getfiscal/status/1212947131679625217

Knives Amilli
Sep 26, 2014

Meshka posted:

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Meshka posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuP6KbIsNK4&t=133s

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

That's actually....good?

Knives Amilli
Sep 26, 2014
lol at trump causing possibly WW3 because he was utterly terrified of another Benghazi causing him to lose the election

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Bored As gently caress posted:

Yeah. Even just having hackers attack the criminally insecure Industrial Control Systems (ICS) like SCADA systems related to our manufacturing, oil and gas, utility, or maritime port sector of our economy would completely gently caress us.

Fentanyl has a lethal dose as low as 2 milligrams for the average person so a kilo or two in a town's water supply is a nightmare scenario as well

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Seeing a lot of people elsewhere doing that reflexive thing where the IRGC must be good if what Trump did is bad

Eulogistics
Aug 30, 2012
Ehehe

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009
Why are all these fucks on twitter?

https://twitter.com/LindseyGrahamSC/status/1212933800914755584

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

I get where you're going with this, but it might not be the best thing to post on a forum.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Handsome Ralph posted:

That's actually....good?

It's fine in general and great for him in particular. There's no way he wrote it.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

https://twitter.com/ewarren/status/1212951889060470788

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Chichevache posted:

I get where you're going with this, but it might not be the best thing to post on a forum.

It's 2020 and everybody who isn't totally under a rock has been wringing their hands over fentanyl attacks for years now. It's scary poo poo

Eulogistics
Aug 30, 2012

Immanentized posted:

If its good enough for the president, its good enough for them.

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009
Trump literally is provoking a war to get re-elected 🤮
Bernie would have won and we’d have peace there
I guess the economy will finally start to take a hit?

Suicide Watch fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Jan 3, 2020

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

Meshka posted:

All that means in people are going to die that didn’t need to die as a result of the escalation loop that entails. Our infrastructure is so insanely unprotected and wide open to attack its criminal.

This isn’t the 80s, you’re not going to have (just) suicide bombers in Europe. You’re going to see things like Hospitals lose power. Or just the OR rooms. Or the ICU. Or the Air Traffic Control facilitates. Or the water treatment plants dumping raw sewage into the fresh water. Or the oil refineries shut down due to ransomware.

And yeah the strike back against Iran would probably cripple it. So what? American civilians who would otherwise have had a fairly banal existence instead are now dead. I’m sure they give a flying gently caress about parity of power.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Chichevache posted:

Literally any thinkpiece on the dangers of terrorism would have ideas like this. US govt agencies have for years warned of the vulnerability of our water supplies. Magazines like AQ's Inspire told people to poison water supplies. It's a tactic as old as organized warfare itself. I don't think some guy posting about it here is going to get the NSA guy lurking on our forums in a tizzy.

Edit: As stated above,the threat of weaponized fentanyl or carfentanil has been warned about repeatedly, as well.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Meshka posted:

Which fyad rereg are you? We won't tell.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
is there a round about number of how many dead Iranians, Iraqis and any other group that will assuage some of yalls bruised egos

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

BUG JUG posted:

The FYADs are much funnier

Meshka
Nov 27, 2016

Smiling Jack posted:

they've been attacking american personnel since around 2003 you fuckin clownshoe

BUG JUG posted:

Nether posted in fyad. These are just my opinions, maybe i am wrong. But you cannot have a hostile power kill your cittizens and then defend them.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Maybe we can get Grover back for a new war prediction.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Immanentized posted:

I'll answer with a question.

Who exactly is the intended audience?

Hint: he's orange and really stupid

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Someone already handled it for him

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Proud Christian Mom posted:

is there a round about number of how many dead Iranians, Iraqis and any other group that will assuage some of yalls bruised egos

It all depends on how hosed things get and how far this poo poo escalates. 300k-500k dead easy if this starts another civil war in Iraq.

The Iranian backed "Popular" Mobilization Units that are trained, bought, and paid for by Iran are not exactly popular in a lot of the country. I could see this poo poo devolving into another civil war, but I think the most likely scenario is one where we're forced to leave Iraq and Iran will basically make it a puppet state.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
That is the question, if Iraq asks us to leave, will Trump do it?

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Also in the whole history of Iran vs. the USA thing, the USA are absolutely the bad guys.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Good call, Bernie.

https://twitter.com/attackerman/status/1212960753705259009/photo/1

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Nothing like going to bed wondering if we'll be at war tomorrow. 2020 yay!

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Bored As gently caress posted:

It all depends on how hosed things get and how far this poo poo escalates. 300k-500k dead easy if this starts another civil war in Iraq.

The Iranian backed "Popular" Mobilization Units that are trained, bought, and paid for by Iran are not exactly popular in a lot of the country. I could see this poo poo devolving into another civil war, but I think the most likely scenario is one where we're forced to leave Iraq and Iran will basically make it a puppet state.

Iran is the only country that could realistically fill the power vacuum

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Flying_Crab posted:

Maybe we can get Grover back for a new war prediction.

Chuka Umana posted:

lmao at everyone thinking this is going to mean anything other than:

media claiming "tensions are high in the region" for a few weeks
iran releasing some "death to america death to israel we're super serious this time" statements
everyone forgets about this and move on be the end of the weekend.

Captain von Trapp posted:

The point is that we don't appear to be leapfrogging the level of seriousness. Embassy gets attacked, guy purportedly behind it gets waxed. It's basically proportional. Escalation on our part would be killing him in Iran by blowing up his office building or something.

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Jan 3, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1mlCPMYtPk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ps7xmW-9LXQ

time to make these relevant again