Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Al! posted:

john mccain is smiling up at us right now

Dingell is smiling right beside him

Slumfrog
Feb 14, 2012

BORN TO SLAY
forced to work
Hey thread, how's you all doing? Looks kinda like everything going to poo poo, from SA forums up to stable international relations. Weird how it all kicked off just after the probing of a perhaps naive but ultimately well intentioned poster here. Let's call them S_L_Frob.

Probably nothing though. That guy would have to have some kind of clout to set that all up, and then return here to gloat about it.

Some kind of real clout.

Just a thought. Enjoy the rest of the night.

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

pancake rabbit posted:

i've never heard of this film but i trust freckles

basically, martin short is a cuck

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Slippery Nipple posted:

so what's the over/under on blowback reaching American soil?

because i'm, like, entirely unprepared for that

Trump is already president, what more can they do to us

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Horseshoe theory posted:

But didn’t they voluntarily sign up for it rather than being drafted...? :thunk:

don't forget

many of them were poorly educated or had a lack of jobs as the grunts generally come from the poor

they come from a system that promotes them to join before they can regularly think for their selves

the system is to blame

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

Dumb Lowtax posted:

Troops are workers too, and most of them eventually decide that it's all bullshit but they're already too deep in to escape. Couple of my childhood friends are just office workers stuck in Baghdad at the moment

The most generous thing I can say is at some point some troops enlisted strictly to better themselves under harsh and inescapable socioeconomic conditions. But gently caress anyone who enlisted knowing Trump is in office. There's no plausible deniability that killing an absolute gently caress ton of innocents isn't likely to be your day job.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I wish I lived in Illinois right now. ffs

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Slippery Nipple posted:

Vegas has the over/under at 0.5

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

thank god he didnt say its good that trump blew up this guy

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

The job sucks but what am I going to do not kill people?

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.

pancake rabbit posted:

i trust freckles

you absolute fool

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Turdfuzz posted:

Oh cool an Aatrek re-reg.

this wounds me deeply

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

hmm wonder how many international airports are gonna be shut for a while after the next bit

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

deathbysnusnu posted:

The most generous thing I can say is at some point some troops enlisted strictly to better themselves under harsh and inescapable socioeconomic conditions. But gently caress anyone who enlisted knowing Trump is in office. There's no plausible deniability that killing an absolute gently caress ton of innocents isn't likely to be your day job.

i don't think anyone has actually enlisted out of GiP in a few years

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Slippery Nipple posted:

already thinkin bout it dont seem so unprepared to me

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

tormp

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

punished milkman posted:

All troops are bad if you ask me

goof troop were p much all ok. I think they were maybe army reserve.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

Trump is already president, what more can they do to us

president hillary

Slumfrog
Feb 14, 2012

BORN TO SLAY
forced to work
Did I see drygoods posting somewhere back a bit*? If so, nice. Someone obviously managed to complete the full ritual this time.

E: *and also twice on this page apparently

Slumfrog has issued a correction as of 06:01 on Jan 3, 2020

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Slumfrog posted:

Hey thread, how's you all doing? Looks kinda like everything going to poo poo, from SA forums up to stable international relations. Weird how it all kicked off just after the probing of a perhaps naive but ultimately well intentioned poster here. Let's call them S_L_Frob.

Probably nothing though. That guy would have to have some kind of clout to set that all up, and then return here to gloat about it.

Some kind of real clout.

Just a thought. Enjoy the rest of the night.

I always liked that Slamprog guy

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Dumb Lowtax posted:

Troops are workers too, and most of them eventually decide that it's all bullshit but they're already too deep in to escape. Couple of my childhood friends are just office workers stuck in Baghdad at the moment

is eve still popular?

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

mad.radhu posted:

weaker than I would have hoped tbh

Everybody else is aiding Trump in opening the bloodgates so its still the most radical anti-war statement we've got

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

eric ciaramella posted:

Vegas has the over/under at 0.5

is that at halftime or by the election

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Should have just sent him a beautiful vase

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Philthy posted:

swamp resident or deployed to the middle east? can't tell

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

al, thanks for liking that tweet of mine where i did a poor photoshop of the peanut's lucy in place of ari schaffeir, you're one of my most valued fans. please reshare it here, as i put a lot of work into it, but do not want to post my own content like some sort of glory hog.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

“Mark Twain motherfucker” posted:

Lord our Father, our young patriots, idols of our hearts, go forth into battle — be Thou near them! With them — in spirit — we also go forth from the sweet peace of our beloved firesides to smite the foe. O Lord our God, help us tear their soldiers to bloody shreds with our shells; help us to cover their smiling fields with the pale forms of their patriot dead; help us to drown the thunder of the guns with the shrieks of their wounded, writhing in pain; help us to lay waste their humble homes with a hurricane of fire; help us to wring the hearts of their unoffending widows with unavailing grief; help us to turn them out roofless with their little children to wander unfriended in the wastes of their desolated land in rags and hunger and thirst, sports of the sun flames in summer and the icy winds of winter, broken in spirit, worn with travail, imploring thee for the refuge of the grave and denied it —
For our sakes who adore Thee, Lord, blast their hopes, blight their lives, protract their bitter pilgrimmage, make heavy their steps, water their way with their tears, stain the white snow with the blood of their wounded feet!
We ask it, in the spirit of love, of Him Who is the Source of Love, and Who is the ever-faithful refuge and friend of all that are sore beset and seek His aid with humble and contrite hearts. Amen.

https://warprayer.org/

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

has pelosi said anything

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
goons not understanding over/under is my favorite decades old in joke

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

It's hasn't even been like 8 hours and I'm already tired of this stupid rear end justification that killing that General was an act of self defense which will save thousands of lives.

It's just so dumb because it only considers a single perspective. If you look through Iranian eyes, then they could kill some high ranking US general and justify it by saying that doing so will save thousands of Iranian lives.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

also poor people are pressured into joining the military because of financial incentives and poo poo

Mouth Ze Dong
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.
Jokes on them. Ill enlist in the space force before they can draft me into any terran war

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

are people still talking about iran lol

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.
i can't believe Al!, the shadowy leader of cspam, would authorize this thread-strike

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
america is the dumbest empire

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
what the gently caress is international law lol

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Slippery Nipple posted:

We're not prepared for climate change either

We're not prepared for the next 9 years and 363 days either

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Philthy posted:

You don't want to live here right now because the lines for the weed store are still hours long. Hopefully it will be better after the weekend.