Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

John's love of Con Air is entirely appropriate and acceptable and it's everyone else who is wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Homestuck' ending was so loving bad it retroactively made the whole comic suck the entire time.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Who What Now posted:

Homestuck' ending was so loving bad it retroactively made the whole comic suck the entire time.
Act 7 or the epilogue?

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

paranoid randroid posted:

im the sudden rhetorical pivot to calling people homestucks

which, i mean in my case you ain’t wrong but what of it buster

I just think Cio, who is a morally reprehensible creep and bad person, cribs a lot from the design of the trolls, which are the worst thing about Homestuck.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

SunAndSpring posted:

I just think Cio, who is a morally reprehensible creep and bad person, cribs a lot from the design of the trolls, which are the worst thing about Homestuck.

- has horns
- has feelings

yep that's a homestuck alright

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

SunAndSpring posted:

you know that we've had devils in mythology for

a long time, right

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

eke out posted:

- has horns
- has feelings

yep that's a homestuck alright

agreed

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
I thought this was gonna be a rehash of the 'devils are automatically evil because souls" but it turns out this one is more 'divorcing narrative context from actions in order to cancel a character I find evocative of homestuck' which is just the purest of goonshit.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
The fourth fighter is actually Sans Undertale.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDgQdr8ZkTw

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Cio is cool and is my friend

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Cio stole my wallet and racked up a bunch of data overage fees on my phone

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

I want Cio to get into an extended text message conversation with Allison for like 5 pages just to upset goons with weird hangups about Homestuck.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Motherfucker posted:

I thought this was gonna be a rehash of the 'devils are automatically evil because souls" but it turns out this one is more 'divorcing narrative context from actions in order to cancel a character I find evocative of homestuck' which is just the purest of goonshit.

Not just that, but specifically using it to try to whitewash another interesting and conflicted character, White Chain, whose allegiance to a fascist is kind of a big deal. White Chain is sympathetic but is attempting to justify behavior they know is wrong (planning to betray Allison to the Thorn Knights) because they’re all twisted up by lovely Angel ideology. They’re looking for a rationale to explain why Allison is so much worse than Zaid, and none exists because Zaid is a nonentity chosen by the angelic power structure, who suck.

That’s why I hope New Angel is here to put White Chain back on the path of trying to be a peacekeeper in a broken world, rather than trying to be an agent of the authoritarian Angel revanchist movement because that will let WC pretend they’re a totally obedient minion of a larger order.

WC is sympathetic but their desire to erase their own selfhood and will is bad. Hopefully they’ll snap out of it rather than hand ultimate power to an alliance of revanchists and fascists... or get punched in the head when they try.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

MonsieurChoc posted:

The fourth fighter is actually Sans Undertale.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDgQdr8ZkTw

Megalovania still slaps, checks out

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

paranoid randroid posted:

Cio stole my wallet and racked up a bunch of data overage fees on my phone

Don't talk about your findom kink

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I'm bored because I got fired and am shitposting. Please find me a job and I will make good posts instead

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

SunAndSpring posted:

I'm bored because I got fired and am shitposting. Please find me a job and I will make good posts instead

aw man, that sucks mate :smith:

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

SunAndSpring posted:

Become a noodle vendor.

Unless you were a noodle vendor.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Condolences.

(don't) Reach Employment Through Violence.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

habeasdorkus posted:

Condolences.

Yeah joining the army probably isn't a smart move right now.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

habeasdorkus posted:

Condolences.

Alternatively, kill someone to create a job opening. Employers like a go-getter!

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender
Update. No idea why I always seem to be glancing at Twitter every time Operant posts a new comic. surely not because I spend far too much time looking at Tweetbot instead of my work...

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
White Chain isn't wrong

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.
What's the alt text say?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Who What Now posted:

White Chain isn't wrong

The heel turns that hurt the most are the ones where they have a point

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Neopie posted:

What's the alt text say?

"The technique here is Ovis' Palm - Ovis, the god of emptiness and void, is largely attributed as the founder of all martial arts, assuming that he actually existed (a furiously debated topic)."

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
White Chain is rad and I am worried they are about to get perma-merked

animist
Aug 28, 2018
They reincarnate tho

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

White Chain is a fuckin' dumbass.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Well, you gotta hand it to her, it is just like White Chain to thumb her nose at good sense. Especially in the middle of the ring like this.

animist
Aug 28, 2018
My lukewarm take is that White Chain has always been a furious dumbass. Imagine dedicating yourself to serving the Law in a universe created by YISUN

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

JustaDamnFool posted:

White Chain is rad and I am worried they are about to get perma-merked

ACAB.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
you know white chain has gone full furious dumbass when she's not asking for forgiveness of the violence she's about to commit

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

From the comic's comment thread, this was an interesting potential insight:

Jamini posted:

Oh, oh, OH. It took me a minute to realize something.

White Chain has almost certainly seen Devilskin warriors before. She has probably fought a few. Something Cio said on page 9-102 is suddenly becoming very relevant into White Chain’s thought process here.

Cio – “…Listen, Tha. Maybe there’s a way we can both stay in, and I can help you. But it’s dangerous, and en’t usually consensual. I need tha to trust me.”
Allison – “Ok.”
Cio – “Good. Tha needs to know – devils don’t just do this for everyone.”
Cio – “Put me on.”

Every bit of lore and text surrounding devilskin warriors outside of the comic itself has implied that a devilskin warrior is an adversarial affair. Either a powerful demon trying to overcome a human to devour their flame, or a powerful human abusing the trust of a devil.

It is very, very, VERY likely that White Chain does not understand that Cio is the one who offered this impromptu union out of a genuine desire to help Allison. White Chain has only seen her student and friend is abusing the trust and love of her other friend (Remember, White Chain and Cio Cioelle were on relatively friendly terms prior to the comic. Or at least as friendly as a devil and angel could ever be.) for a large enough burst of power to win this tournament against Chain’s own better judgement.

Throw that on top of the anger and disagreement that Chain and Allison have had recently, and Chain proclaiming Allison a Demiurge makes a lot of sense. Doubly so when one remembers that Juggernaut Star has been working for months to convert Chain to her line of thinking.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

chain aint a furious dumbass, she's just the normal kind of dumbass

hopefully she reincarnates fast and learns her lesson

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Yeah, unless we missed something, I don't think Allison wants to be queen bitch of the universe, she just wants to survive and rescue the person she knows. She doesn't really seem power hungry at all.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

This stone dumbass is about to get jackhammered.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Mr. Lobe posted:

Yeah, unless we missed something, I don't think Allison wants to be queen bitch of the universe, she just wants to survive and rescue the person she knows. She doesn't really seem power hungry at all.

White Chain thinks Alison will do that. It's the wrong decision, but she's under a lot of pressure from both orders of angels breathing down her neck. She feels she has to act, do something, and this is what she chose.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I really am expecting us to go to 83 White Chain by the time this is over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Rotten Red Rod posted:

White Chain thinks Alison will do that. It's the wrong decision, but she's under a lot of pressure from both orders of angels breathing down her neck. She feels she has to act, do something, and this is what she chose.

White Chain is believing the doctrine of Michael and the Thorns about the ‘nature’ of humans as a pestilence over the basic evidence of their own experience with her that Allison is a well-intentioned idiot who put herself in immense danger to save Zaid.

White Chain’s desire to dehumanize themselves and become a cog in the machine is really doing a lot of work.