Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

eonwe posted:

I just went to get gas lmao
oh sweet summer child

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ricecult
Oct 2, 2012

My bet is Trump is going to try to "show power" against the Iranians by using a nuclear device in Iraq, and Iran is going to laugh and do something like turn off our electrical grid for a month.

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

this is cool because the one thing my life and upcoming trip to the city was missing is the anxiety of some crazy terrifying thing happening

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

*bill murrey yelling at the painting of vigo the carpathian but instead of vigo its the ayatollah* DESTROY ME COME ON DESTROY ME YEAH YEAH

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

If you can't get Big Mama Pickled Sausage in your PX you're serving in the wrong theater.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Tweet this to all the relevant people to ease tensions. You could bring in a new Era of peace and harmony!

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
but seriously folks, watch Knives Out while your theater can still power their projectors

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock

u know dawg *takes massive bong rip* if you think about it, iran is probably gonna thank us in a day or 2

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
is there a pro war d&d thread yet

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

The Democrat party, lol

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

lmao i thought i'd be too cynical to enjoy wathching the death of stalin but i let the cynicism largely stand aside and now zhukov just showed up

go get em, marshal :blastu: :blastu: :blastu:

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

lol good mouser

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Benghazi has leveled up

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Bulgakov posted:

lmao i thought i'd be too cynical to enjoy wathching the death of stalin but i let the cynicism largely stand aside and now zhukov just showed up

go get em, marshal :blastu: :blastu: :blastu:

It's amazing, probably the best thing this thread has promoted

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Damo posted:

u know dawg *takes massive bong rip* if you think about it, iran is probably gonna thank us in a day or 2

they'll welcome us as free-ers

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/hayesdavenport/status/1212979754535489537

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b5X69vREAg

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
I just huddled my family into the bomb shelter and armed my house with a bunch of home alone booby traps

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

I think ur all forgetting how much citizens of other countries love it when we assassinate people in their borders

Serf
May 5, 2011

eric ciaramella posted:

is there a pro war d&d thread yet

isn't that every d&d thread

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

trump's going to nuke a city

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

i guess god needed a handsome devil in heaven

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

smarxist posted:

I just huddled my family into the bomb shelter and armed my house with a bunch of home alone booby traps

so many iranian feet stabbed and hands burned

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

pillsburysoldier posted:

trump's going to nuke a city

most likely chicago

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
trump. hail satan.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

ENEMIES ARE DEFEATED

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

smarxist posted:

How well do those traps handle missile attacks?

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

smarxist posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDBvEo1s6A4

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Raccooon posted:

My understanding is that Iran is a natural fortress of mountains and marshes making tanks basically useless. The US has no guaranteed front to take it making an amphibious assault necessary. Iran has an advanced air defense that could probably withstand the US at least lots of casualties in trying to take it. They also have a massive missile defense system that could easily cripple US allies in the region as well as any US navy fleet within operational distance.

This would be the biggest war since WWII.

That about right?

One of the most battle tested militaries in the world that just successfully won a guerrilla war against the US, that has allies from Lebanon to Afghanistan eager for a fight against the US

Not gonna go well

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Bulgakov posted:

i guess god needed a handsome devil in heaven

computer, show me "soleimani was hot" tweets

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
hahahahah

https://twitter.com/bessbell/status/1212978793213648897

Serf
May 5, 2011

america is going to kill a few million people so that we can lose to iran

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

a true ww3 is gonna last like a week at most and be absolutely nothing like the previous two

praying for third impact irl

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

smarxist posted:

im glad u protected ur trumpy bears

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

lol

:smugdon:

Serf
May 5, 2011

this lady talked about how cool it was to hang out with bush, so she shouldn't be throwing stones

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Goons in Platoons are the same as us

Rhymenoserous posted:

I mean if you want to go the eye for an eye route I’m pretty sure Iran could nuke a US city or two and still wouldn’t be caught up to the 75 years of deep dicking we’ve given them courtesy of the CIA.

We are very much the bad guys when it comes to Iran.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Serf posted:

america is going to kill a few million people so that we can lose to iran

think of the shareholder value though

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Shageletic posted:

One of the most battle tested militaries in the world that just successfully won a guerrilla war against the US, that has allies from Lebanon to Afghanistan eager for a fight against the US

Not gonna go well

I see people pointing to how easily the US defeated Iraq as their reason for why this will go well. But Iraq was like the perfect nation for an US invasion. Lots of border regions for the US to come through. Flat deserts for US tanks and trucks to quickly move through the country. Basically no air defense so air superiority was gain almost immediately. Saddam's base of support being a tiny minority so lots of people ready to throw their guns down and not fight.

Iran has none of those problems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

this is all because she told her resolution!