Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will You Miss Indie Wrestling?
No it sucked
Yes
View Results

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

This seems awesome. If I can get AAW on IWTV, that'd be the poo poo. I hear a lot about that promotion but have never actually shelled out the money for a one-off show on FITE.

Wonder if they'll be using any new gear/stuff for the stream tonight. IWTV is the best subscription service around IMO with how much new and archived stuff it has, so anything that adds more to that or improves it in any way is just icing on the cake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Punch McLightning posted:

I really want to watch a GCW show even though I can’t handle bad death match stuff.

IWTV has the BLP/GCW 2 Cups Stuffed show from All Out weekend, it's a banger. https://iwtv.live/promotion/Black-Label-Pro#dqvxgzz75o

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

King of sad to see the end of Smart Mark Video in its current form even if the merger with IWTV is undeniably good for fans (on paper at least). Such a massive part of the indie boom of the 2000s, they were filming IWA Mid South, CZW, Chikara, ISW, IWS, IWC, all that good poo poo. I know Mike Burns of Smart Mark was involved in booking CZW at one point which is when they brought in guys like Sexxxy Eddy, Excalibur, Super Dragon, Chris Hero, Kevin Steen, El Generico, Claudio Castagnoli.

I wonder who has the rights to the Jersey All Pro tape library. I'd love to see more stuff from the pre-ROH indie scene uploaded somewhere. JAPW, ECWA, XPW, TWA (the Shawn Michaels/Rudy Boy Gonzalez promotion built around their school), OMEGA. I know SMV/IWTV have some of the FWA stuff up which was where Quackenbush, Reckless Youth, Don Montoya & that crewed wrestled up, including a match with features Quack vs El Hijo del Santo but I can't remember if it was singles or a tag.

God, indie wrestling from 18 years ago makes me turn into a wistful old man and a lot of this is stuff that I just read about and never got to see at the time or since. Remember reading DVDVR Road Trip reports on Jersey All Pro shows which would routinely go on 5 hours and finish after midnight and it was fascinating in a car crash kind of way.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

yeah its kind of amazing to go from dudes plonking each other in an abandoned k-mart to dudes being able to pitch TNT for a TV slot.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

forkboy84 posted:

including a match with features Quack vs El Hijo del Santo but I can't remember if it was singles or a tag.

Singles match that went to a 15 minute time limit draw, per Cagematch. https://www.cagematch.net/?id=1&nr=34326

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

forkboy84 posted:

God, indie wrestling from 18 years ago makes me turn into a wistful old man and a lot of this is stuff that I just read about and never got to see at the time or since. Remember reading DVDVR Road Trip reports on Jersey All Pro shows which would routinely go on 5 hours and finish after midnight and it was fascinating in a car crash kind of way.
The marathon shows were Frank Goodman's USA Pro Wrestling. They could be...difficult.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

davidbix posted:

The marathon shows were Frank Goodman's USA Pro Wrestling. They could be...difficult.

Ah I see I'm confusing my Franks.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

If you've ever wanted to make a professional wrestler suffer, AIW legend Alex Worldwide Kellar is doing squats for Bernie

https://twitter.com/TheTowerSkin/status/1212092985158066176?s=19

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

So Matthew Justice is looking to end the 2020s in a wheelchair, right? Dude seems to be taking an unprotected chair shot every match.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Deathlove posted:

IWTV has the BLP/GCW 2 Cups Stuffed show from All Out weekend, it's a banger. https://iwtv.live/promotion/Black-Label-Pro#dqvxgzz75o

hulkamatt and i were 50/50 on going to that show, he looked up the card, and we were both sold on gangrel vs orange cassidy

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

STONE COLD 64 posted:

hulkamatt and i were 50/50 on going to that show, he looked up the card, and we were both sold on gangrel vs orange cassidy

That match is almost the best match on the card

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

IWTV has the February AIW show listed as live streaming now

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Lumbermouth posted:

So Matthew Justice is looking to end the 2020s in a wheelchair, right? Dude seems to be taking an unprotected chair shot every match.

He seems to really want to prove something

I don't exactly know what it is, or at least what it isn't that couldn't be served by bleeding a lot instead of getting hit in the head, but he sure is proving it

heel turn
Jan 6, 2004

Some boy tried to step to me at the county fair. I said son u clearly have no ideal what creek im from
Oh poo poo, GCW is on IWTV now. There's only 4 past events up for on demand viewing, but this seems big.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Beyond just finished and they flashed a graphic SAYING

GCW IS COMING TO IWTV

IT'S 2020

It seems like a handful of shows including JJSB1 are going up like... immediately?

heel turn
Jan 6, 2004

Some boy tried to step to me at the county fair. I said son u clearly have no ideal what creek im from

Ganso Bomb posted:

GCW IS COMING TO IWTV

IT'S 2020

It seems like a handful of shows including JJSB1 are going up like... immediately?

JJSB1 (2017)
The Untouchables (2018)
Crushed Up (2019)
Worst Behavior (2019)

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

This rules. Wrestling is the best.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

heel turn posted:

JJSB1 (2017)
The Untouchables (2018)
Crushed Up (2019)
Worst Behavior (2019)

Also, Worst Behavior is the Tokyo event

E: and this would mean all of the collective shows are in the IWTV family for mania weekend right?

Truther Vandross fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Jan 1, 2020

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

The "wooden skewers" moment of the Bear Country / Team Tremendous match at Heavy Lies The Crown is SO dumb, and I love it SO much.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Ganso Bomb posted:

GCW IS COMING TO IWTV

IT'S 2020
:woop:

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

glad i never cancelled this sub doubly so now

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

There's a really promising 17 year old wrestler here in NorCal that's getting a shot in GCW in three weeks. He just put on a banger with Jake Atlas last month. Keep an eye out for Charlie, he's got an insane amount of potential.

https://twitter.com/GCWrestling_/status/1212935574006439937?s=19

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

He’s got great hair. But what about a perfect back flip?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

This is going back a couple of years, but does anyone remember a short format wrestling show called Dojo Pro? It's on Amazon Prime if you're interested.

Basically it was a seeded ladder-style elimination tournament for a shot at the ROH Television Title, and managed to include a massive range of indie talent just as they were breaking out, as well as some established veterans. Competitors were:

Kerry Awful
Kevin Ku
Gunner Miller
Wheeler Yuta
Corey Hollis
Joey Janela
Brandon Cutler
James Storm
Ricky Starks
Aaron Solow
Cheeseburger
MJF
Shane Strickland
Jeff Cobb

It's a weird but well used format that I think influenced the Beyond Discovery Gauntlet, and had some really fun matches despite a lacklustre crowd. Take a look if you get a chance.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Pinche Rudo posted:

There's a really promising 17 year old wrestler here in NorCal that's getting a shot in GCW in three weeks. He just put on a banger with Jake Atlas last month. Keep an eye out for Charlie, he's got an insane amount of potential.

https://twitter.com/GCWrestling_/status/1212935574006439937?s=19

I saw gifs/clips from this match in question I believe and it looked insane. Charlie was pulling off some gnarly poo poo. Also Dickinson vs. Starr on that show should rule too.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Lamuella posted:

This is going back a couple of years, but does anyone remember a short format wrestling show called Dojo Pro? It's on Amazon Prime if you're interested.

Basically it was a seeded ladder-style elimination tournament for a shot at the ROH Television Title, and managed to include a massive range of indie talent just as they were breaking out, as well as some established veterans. Competitors were:

Kerry Awful
Kevin Ku
Gunner Miller
Wheeler Yuta
Corey Hollis
Joey Janela
Brandon Cutler
James Storm
Ricky Starks
Aaron Solow
Cheeseburger
MJF
Shane Strickland
Jeff Cobb

It's a weird but well used format that I think influenced the Beyond Discovery Gauntlet, and had some really fun matches despite a lacklustre crowd. Take a look if you get a chance.

I watched this and it was pretty fun, but I stopped when I found out the creators had some problematic history. Can't remember what it was now because it was a couple years ago, but something about them soured me on the show.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Ganso Bomb posted:

I watched this and it was pretty fun, but I stopped when I found out the creators had some problematic history. Can't remember what it was now because it was a couple years ago, but something about them soured me on the show.

Ah. I should look this up at some point. Everything gets Milkshake Ducked in the end I suppose.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Lamuella posted:

Ah. I should look this up at some point. Everything gets Milkshake Ducked in the end I suppose.

Ah, here it was:

https://twitter.com/socaluncensored/status/1020181193860440064

Follow-up via Bix:
https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/1020548115022209024

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

That’d also make him Trump’s lawyer’s kid.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/inve...1876_story.html

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Lamuella posted:

it was run by Trump's lawyers chud son

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Well, crap.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

if Emil Jay isn't booking it you don't want to see it anyway.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
No Holds Barred opened with Gage-Blanchard, then Valentine-Homicide, now an unannounced Alex Colon-Jimmy Lloyd match. It's been, as the kids say, fuckery.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
ICW New York’s on IWTV live right now and they’re running Alex Colon vs Jimmy Lloyd as an unannounced bonus deathmatch. The main event is Low Ki vs Masashi Takeda along with Kross/Dickinson. This is the TRUE Wrestle Kingdom.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Dickinson is off the show with the flu

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

KungFu Grip posted:

Dickinson is off the show with the flu

Booooooo, I was really looking forward to that after Gage-Blanchard.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Boco_T posted:

ICW New York’s on IWTV live right now and they’re running Alex Colon vs Jimmy Lloyd as an unannounced bonus deathmatch. The main event is Low Ki vs Masashi Takeda along with Kross/Dickinson. This is the TRUE Wrestle Kingdom.

Alex Colon vs Jimmy Lloyd is an incredible make good.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Also no(?) Kingston so they audibled to Kross murdering Deppen. Which was fine! Whatever.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
SHLAK just said that was Necro's last match, which........probably a good idea. Yikes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
That match was so bad it went back around the circle to good. Shlak cut Necro hardway... with a botched eye rake