Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

orange sky
May 7, 2007

rump buttman posted:

what the gently caress does unmarked bills mean in the context of shipping them to a sovereign nation?

Wasn't there something about Obama giving Iran money in this way? I dont know if it was real or a Q thing lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Slumfrog posted:

Has there been any analysis or even the suggestion that this might be a bad situation or kinda war crimey on the msm coverage of this in the US? Or are they all going with the woo yeah our brave military triumphs over evil again angle as they seem conditioned to do reflexively? That cnn(?) tweet from earlier was gross as hell.

#1 Bad Dude motherfucker

also

https://twitter.com/LarrySchweikart/status/1212924734406451202

Slumfrog
Feb 14, 2012

BORN TO SLAY
forced to work

Nonsense posted:

#1 Bad Dude motherfucker

Jesus they suck so, so much

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

radical meme posted:

I may be wrong here but, reading about the war in Syria the past few years, this General was operating pretty openly in Syria and Iraq. He was directing forces that were fighting ISIS and openly coordinating with U.S., Kurdish, Russian and Syrian forces. Hell he's traveling through the Baghdad airport when he got smoked. It's a pretty big deal when you kill a member of someone's government without actually being in open conflict with that government.

killing him is purely a spite move to send a message of escalation

Qurnah
May 9, 2008

every treumpo you take
and every trumoe you make
Grimey Drawer

radical meme posted:

I may be wrong here but, reading about the war in Syria the past few years, this General was operating pretty openly in Syria and Iraq. He was directing forces that were fighting ISIS and openly coordinating with U.S., Kurdish, Russian and Syrian forces. Hell he's traveling through the Baghdad airport when he got smoked. It's a pretty big deal when you kill a member of someone's government without actually being in open conflict with that government.

so what you're saying is that....this matters?

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Slumfrog posted:

Jesus they suck so, so much

peoples entire perception of foreign policy is based on how much rear end theyd think theyd kick in a bar fight

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
yeah i could take like twelve people theyd come at me but id slam that first motherfuckers head into the bar and smash a bottle. then id look at others all :twisted: and say like "Whose next" and they'd all back off before id just go "boo" and then theyd run out the door ha ha ha

*gets stuck in another losing hell war* what the gently caress they cheated

Qurnah
May 9, 2008

every treumpo you take
Grimey Drawer

orange sky posted:

Wasn't there something about Obama giving Iran money in this way? I dont know if it was real or a Q thing lol

if i remember it right the us owed alot of money to iran for something way back and paying back that loan got some american prisoners released

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

still no war huh?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

obama gave iran back the assets seized after the embassy crisis, obama is forever at fault for this war now btw ben told me

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

I think the US seized a lot of Iranian asset as part of some sanctions and that's what the money being returned was.

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters
america's gonna get 9/11'd a bunch more

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Qurnah posted:

so what you're saying is that....this matters?

Well, it's not going to go unanswered.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

orange sky posted:

I probably already know this, but what's the general sentiment?

oh a majority of things i read while plodding along foreign language social media (which isn't saying much cause yeh im naive) are understandably lamenting the death of soleimani and im alongside them because anyone fighting the pig dog imperialists is righteous aside from their own personal/national ambitions

the above screenshot was of a rare pair of replies I ran across that also happened to be posted to a pro-israel boosting account soooooooo

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

“uranium one” is the big ~scandal~ that the q crowd hovers around I think

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Qurnah posted:

if i remember it right the us owed alot of money to iran for something way back and paying back that loan got some american prisoners released

The Obama money bullshit was about money that belonged to Iran and that had been embargoed or impounded by the U.S. for years and when the nuke deal was signed with Iran, Obama merely ordered the release or Iran's money back to them. Of course this got translated by FOX into Obama gave billions to Iran.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

redleader posted:

comically though it will again be done by the saudis

Truniht
Jan 10, 2019

redleader posted:

listen here bub America deserved 9/11

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
i want to do a poll where people give their voter affiliation and then show them a picture of a random minority heavyweight pro boxer in the ring and go "what are your odds of winning a fight with him" and i am willing to bet 100 bucks that male republican voters would overwhelmingly claim theyd stand a better than even chance

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Ah, just a war crime right after a war declaration (from middle east thread, don't really know if it's real)

https://twitter.com/jingoisticdem/status/1213030264236118017?s=19

rump buttman
Feb 14, 2018

I just wish I had time for one more bowl of chili

yeah, that bombing of the people responding to the first bombing is p hosed up

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

tacodaemon posted:

this week everyone on twitter has had to pretend to have already known who both qassem soleimani and rupi kaur were. :sad:

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/melania-trump-says-her-new-years-resolution-is-peace-on-the-world

Slumfrog
Feb 14, 2012

BORN TO SLAY
forced to work

Tiler Kiwi posted:

peoples entire perception of foreign policy is based on how much rear end theyd think theyd kick in a bar fight

US right now the big obnoxious redneck drunkenly swaggering round the bar talking loudlyfor everyone else to hear about what a little pussy weirdo Iran over there looks like, and how he's gonna kick there rear end if they dont stop looking at him. We just hit the part where the US intentionally spills a beer all over Iran then gets in their face shouting that Iran shoved them and they better apologise and pay up or it's gonna be fuckin' on.

Truniht
Jan 10, 2019

on the plus side the state of Israel might be reduced to dust if war breaks out

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

Truniht posted:

listen here bub America deserved 9/11

and it clearly deserves re-9/11, 9/11 3.0, the thousand year 9/11, etc

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
aprops of nothing except hatred towards the media i just came across this thing

quote:

The editors of the New York Times defended Henry Kissinger, arguing that he should be given a pass for his role in Condor and other dirty works because "the world was polarised, and fighting communism involved hard choices and messy compromises".[139]

lmao loving rag

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
What kind of stupid rear end new year's resolution is that?

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

imagine being melania and not being blacked out on benzos 24/7

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bart - SCROTUS
Nov 21, 2002

I'm a geek, I'm a geek
I'm a power tool

When I sing this song
I look like a fool

:d2a: :d2a:

:d2a:

i don't have the snoo version but that too

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

shouldn't have said it out loud, now it won't come true :smugdon:

Qurnah
May 9, 2008

every treumpo you take
Grimey Drawer

Solarin posted:

imagine not being blacked out on benzos 24/7

no thanks

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Solarin posted:

imagine being melania and not being blacked out on benzos 24/7

i assumed she was. i mean, it’s either that or she has some serious brain problems

Qurnah
May 9, 2008

every treumpo you take
Grimey Drawer

Samurai Sanders posted:

be best

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
guys i just wanted to share this with you in these tough times:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6C6DEVYUbdY

thinking abut everybody

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

i guess tonight is watch a movies night but so anyways movie review number two:

knives out wouldn't have been much fun at all if they didn't wrangle fox horn james bond into hamming up the private detective role lol

the beginning half of the mystery movie was basically "a buncha actors you know are quipping at each other for a bit after each scene ought to be over so eat it up you schlubs" but once that ran its course the mr fog craig leg daniel and the dubious cops was much more enjoyable imo

2/5 stars

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

bring back old gbs posted:

guys i just wanted to share this with you in these tough times:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6C6DEVYUbdY

thinking abut everybody

please go back to working on your cool macro rig instead of thinking about this bad neu spider medal noise video

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Samurai Sanders posted:

washington examiner