Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing
Black Sorcery

sephiRoth IRA posted:

AITA - for not allowing someone to propose during my wedding reception and for planning on not going to their wedding?
u/newyearsameshit202018m

9/21/2020 is a Monday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Because you give it away and then it's not yours anymore even though you spent your money and went through the trouble of procuring it.

"You only got this in exchange for sleeping with me and if you stop sleeping with me its not fair that you get to keep it!"

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
AITA for expecting a bite of my boyfriend's burrito?

quote:

Get ready for a petty AITA with my boyfriend. We are otherwise happy and I love his stupid rear end. So I (24F) was staying over at my boyfriend’s (24M) place and I made it very clear to him that I was pretty hungry. For background I am a big sharer - I always buy him stuff when I pick up or make food. I also go out of my way to save the remainder of any food I eat for him even though I’d be down to eat it later.

Anyways, before I agreed earlier in the day to drive over around 8 pm, I made it very apparent that I hadn't eaten since 11 am and was very hungry/needed to eat. When I got there we hung out for a little, after which he proceeded to heat up half of his leftover burrito (and didn’t say anything addressing my hunger, or even his for that matter). He then started GOING TO TOWN on the burrito and I was a little hangry-induced peeved.

With two bites left he half heartedly offered me a bite (he admitted later it was indeed a half hearted offer). I said no I’m good due to the reason above. He proceeded to take it down in well under a minute. We sat around for at least 2 minutes after the burrito demolition while I was still noticeably peeved. After noticing my non-characteristic annoyance he offers to make me some freezer tacos. I accepted them somewhat begrudgingly and got in a better mood once I was full and forgot about it. This good mood lasted for a while until yesterday when he brought it up two months later.

This came up randomly on a flight yesterday when I was hangry. His argument is that it’s his burrito and he can do whatever he wants with it. My argument is that even though he knew I was super hungry, he chose to eat his precious burrito in front of me when he could've easily A) made food/communicated that he would make food for at the same time or B) genuinely offered me a bite of burrito before actually feeding me. We are both sticking to our guns. This isn’t super consequential, but I am such a AITA lurker and would love to get opinions, AITA?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

The Bramble posted:

Girlfriend [26f] of 2 years tried on sexy underwear in front of her brother [26m] before showing it to me [28m]. Is that weird?

European girlfriend spotted

I visited a friend in France once and all over his parents' house were nude pictures of his mom made by his photographer dad. Nothing graphic, stuff like a silhouette of her standing in the window or her half-draped in a sheet, but you could make out nipples and pubic hair and there were dozens of them. I asked him what he thought of having friends over with all those pictures all over the place; was he embarrassed? Did he get made fun of when he was a kid?

(quizzical expression) "No? All of my friends, why would they make jokes? She is a beautiful woman and they all wanted to have sex with her."

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Pinecone Sample posted:

So he offered her some and she said no and then he made her other food and she's still complaining. Also, why is her hunger his problem?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Because she's hangry you empty husk.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Leon Einstein posted:

So he offered her some and she said no and then he made her other food and she's still complaining. Also, why is her hunger his problem?

beep boop

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Leon Einstein posted:

Serious q, are you a redpiller?

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
I mean, he's a weirdo for bringing it up again, but the whiny feed me look isn't great.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Leon Einstein posted:

Because presumably you like and care about your girlfriend? And also she's a guest in your home?

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Also she did get over it, he randomly brought it up 2 months later.

Goddamn you have lovely takes leon.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for putting extra food on my plate so my boyfriend can't eat it, meaning I get leftovers?

My BF and I of 2 years spit all bills and costs down the middle (except all personal items or individual snack/lunch food). I'm finding it tough financially due to student loans and just entering a career. My BF is quite comfortable financially. I suppose I use my budgeting for a part of my reasoning behind what follows.

When we have dinner together, I typically cook enough for a 4 person meal. My partner will have a 2 x 3 times portion of what I have. If I cook more, basically he just eats more - he works quite a labour intensive job. If there are any leftovers, my BF will always grab them for his lunch the next day. He works far earlier than I do, and uses that as his reason to take the left overs rather than buying or making lunch in the morning.

I started to get slightly frustrated that I always had to purchase more food for myself for lunches. So I have started to put a bit extra on my plate every evening with the intentions of saving a small portion for my lunch the next day - meaning sometimes there was not enough for my BF to have leftovers.

My BF caught on to what I was doing and said that I am being a really crappy person, since it is not his fault his body needs more fuel.

While I do agree with him there, I also find it difficult when I'm already scraping the bottom of the barrel to get by financially, that I also have to fund his large appetite.

Am I the rear end in a top hat here?

Tl;dr - title.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Pinecone Sample posted:

I am glad that two of the dumbest people in the world have found each other, leaving the rest of us to share our Mexican food with our partners in love and harmony.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for putting extra food on my plate so my boyfriend can't eat it, meaning I get leftovers?

My BF and I of 2 years spit all bills and costs down the middle (except all personal items or individual snack/lunch food). I'm finding it tough financially due to student loans and just entering a career. My BF is quite comfortable financially. I suppose I use my budgeting for a part of my reasoning behind what follows.

When we have dinner together, I typically cook enough for a 4 person meal. My partner will have a 2 x 3 times portion of what I have. If I cook more, basically he just eats more - he works quite a labour intensive job. If there are any leftovers, my BF will always grab them for his lunch the next day. He works far earlier than I do, and uses that as his reason to take the left overs rather than buying or making lunch in the morning.

I started to get slightly frustrated that I always had to purchase more food for myself for lunches. So I have started to put a bit extra on my plate every evening with the intentions of saving a small portion for my lunch the next day - meaning sometimes there was not enough for my BF to have leftovers.

My BF caught on to what I was doing and said that I am being a really crappy person, since it is not his fault his body needs more fuel.

While I do agree with him there, I also find it difficult when I'm already scraping the bottom of the barrel to get by financially, that I also have to fund his large appetite.

Am I the rear end in a top hat here?

Tl;dr - title.

BF should be contributing more for food if he is eating all of it. It sounds like she's tried to address it and he isn't willing to leave leftovers in the fridge for her. It sounds like he doesn't think he needs to be responsible financially or emotionally for the amount he's eating, and it's affecting her. Sever.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Leon Einstein posted:

I mean, he's a weirdo for bringing it up again, but the whiny feed me look isn't great.

Do you often have a loved one shared how hungry they are as you take them home then make food for yourself without offering?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Tashilicious posted:

Do you often have a loved one

Let me stop you there.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Let me stop you there.

nice

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Why can't they just talk to each other and figure it out

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mozi posted:

odds are "she did mention it and hes an rear end in a top hat"

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Mozi posted:

It sounds like he makes excuses as to why he should have dibs on all leftovers.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Mozi posted:

lmao, did you forget which thread you're in?

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
also i cannot believe it needs to be pointed out again but women are socialized from birth to not make their presence opinions and needs heard.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan
AITA for not telling my landlord he's charging me way too low?
u/AbdArc6m

quote:

When I moved in my appartment, almost a decade ago, the rent was proportional to the current market conditions, maybe slightly lower. Since then, the market has changed a lot, but my rent hasn't. Mostly because my landlord is old and doesn't take interest in current events and market changes.

I've been called an rear end in a top hat by some friends because, in their view, I'm taking advantage of the landlord's lack of financial knowledge. In my view, I know I'm paying way less than my appartment's current value, but I don't think it's my responsibility to let the owner know that. Especially given that I couldn't afford to pay that much and I'd have to move. AITA?

Get new loving friends, Jesus

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan
I’m pretty sure this guy wants to gently caress his cousin... :ohdear:

WIBTA if I kissed my cousin on the cheek or on the forehead after giving her a gift for 60$ for her birthday?
u/vietnowrevolver7m
I'm a 17 year old guy and my cousin is 20.

Her birthday is in less than two months, and I will buy her a gift for 60$ because I love her so much. I'm incredibly proud to be related to someone who is as ambitious, smart and sweet as my cousin. I was also thinking of giving her a hug and a kiss on the cheek or on the forehead after I give her the gift. I hope her boyfriend won't beat me up, but it will only be a completely platonic kiss. The kind of kiss you get from your grandma. Our grandma kisses us on the cheek sometimes so would it be a good idea if I did for the same on my cousin? Or would she get pissed and beat me up? To be fair though I wouldn't mind getting beat up from my cousin because she can do whatever she wants with me.

TL;DR WIBTA if I kissed my cousin on the cheek or on the forehead after giving her a gift for 60$ for her birthday?

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sephiRoth IRA posted:

WIBTA if I kissed my cousin on the cheek or on the forehead after giving her a gift for 60$ for her birthday?
u/vietnowrevolver7m

Her birthday is in less than two months, and I will buy her a gift for 60$ because I love her so much. I'm incredibly proud to be related to someone who is as ambitious, smart and sweet as my cousin. I was also thinking of giving her a hug and a kiss on the cheek or on the forehead after I give her the gift. I hope her boyfriend won't beat me up, but it will only be a completely platonic kiss. The kind of kiss you get from your grandma. Our grandma kisses us on the cheek sometimes so would it be a good idea if I did for the same on my cousin? Or would she get pissed and beat me up? To be fair though I wouldn't mind getting beat up from my cousin because she can do whatever she wants with me.

TL;DR WIBTA if I kissed my cousin on the cheek or on the forehead after giving her a gift for 60$ for her birthday?

:chloe:

Bag of Hamsters
Jul 12, 2006

Gimme yer frickin pancreas

I needs it for reasons.

Mozi posted:

Because he doesn't get he's behaving shittily and that consuming a greater portion of the resources isn't a loving right when they share all costs equally. Nor does he value the cost of her preparing the loving food.

Also, she's struggling and he's not and he doesn't see that this thoughtlessness will grind away her love for him.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

sephiRoth IRA posted:

u/vietnowrevolver7m

Roll Tide

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan
Regretfully I am 99% sure it’s a poo poo post as apparently the OP keeps making new accounts to repost after the posts get deleted, but maybe they’re just a weirdo too

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

sephiRoth IRA posted:

u/AbdArc6m

Get new loving friends, Jesus

send your landlord a really nice Christmas card and murder your friends before they blab

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

sephiRoth IRA posted:

Regretfully I am 99% sure it’s a poo poo post as apparently the OP keeps making new accounts to repost after the posts get deleted, but maybe they’re just a weirdo too

can you believe it? she got weighed underwater, and enjoyed it. her hair was in a ponytail. the shock

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Tashilicious posted:

Do you often have a loved one shared how hungry they are as you take them home then make food for yourself without offering?

She drove herself over. This might have been avoided if she were just more direct, but probably not since the bf seems inattentive.
"So I was staying over at my boyfriend’s place and I made it very clear to him that I was pretty hungry."
"Anyways, before I agreed earlier in the day to drive over around 8 pm, I made it very apparent that I hadn't eaten since 11 am and was very hungry/needed to eat."

Just add... "got anything in the fridge for me?"

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Pinecone Sample posted:

Best spoiler use in the last 1000 pages of this thread.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Sagebrush posted:

I visited a friend in France once and all over his parents' house were nude pictures of his mom made by his photographer dad. Nothing graphic, stuff like a silhouette of her standing in the window or her half-draped in a sheet, but you could make out nipples and pubic hair and there were dozens of them. I asked him what he thought of having friends over with all those pictures all over the place; was he embarrassed? Did he get made fun of when he was a kid?

(quizzical expression) "No? All of my friends, why would they make jokes? She is a beautiful woman and they all wanted to have sex with her."

What the hell

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Expensive vibrators are expensive. Don't buy Big Buzz's lies.

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time

sephiRoth IRA posted:

u/AbdArc6m

Boot Lickers 2: Lick Harder. Promise you these are the exact same dweebs who drone on about *tHe InViSiBlE hAnD* except when it comes to groveling before landed gentry, I guess.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

zakharov posted:

What the hell

it was acceptable in the europe. It was acceptable at the time.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

kimbo305 posted:

She drove herself over. This might have been avoided if she were just more direct, but probably not since the bf seems inattentive.
"So I was staying over at my boyfriend’s place and I made it very clear to him that I was pretty hungry."
"Anyways, before I agreed earlier in the day to drive over around 8 pm, I made it very apparent that I hadn't eaten since 11 am and was very hungry/needed to eat."

Just add... "got anything in the fridge for me?"

"Made it very clear", "made it very apparent"

If there was only a way to communicate your needs directly to your robot dude that clearly doesn't care about your insinuations.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Sagebrush posted:

Then we all had breakfast wine.

ça va bien

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

I[35M] have a few borderline personality disorders, and because of of that dating is impossible. I am thinking of using a mail order bride service and wanted to know if it was a serviceable idea.

I have never had a lasting relationship. It isn't because I am bad looking or because of anything they did, it is because I am suffering from multiple "borderline personality disorders". I don't posses or process emotions the way most people do, and i also have an inability to make attachments to anything. I also seem to lack empathy.

Because of this, starting and maintaining relationships has been all but impossible. I have been in therapy for these things for the better part of 30 years, and I have learned to "fake it" for the most part. I have found that faking it with a person that you are supposed to care about is impossible at least for me.

The lack of attachments has made me fairly successful in my chosen field, and has afforded me the use of professionals whenever my sexual needs had to be met. I have also used professionals for company functions and weddings and other things that I needed to attend where attending alone would be a problem.

For the last 5 or so years, aquaintences at work, and family have been asking why it is that I have not attempted to start a family, and i am lacking a suitable answer.

I have been doing research on "mail order brides". The signup process isn't that difficult. It would also seem to solve the problem of hiring people to attend social functions and the like. I don't know if this idea is a good one, but it seems to solve the issues that I am having at the moment. What do you think?

TL;DR I have borderline personality disorder and I cannot stay in a relationship. So I am thinking of signing up for a mail order bride for longterm companionship. Is this a good idea?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
I don't see anything that could possibly go right, so sure.