Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Discendo Vox posted:

I have begun NGUing and have found I am compelled to max out any item as soon as it's theoretically possible. I have unfortunately included the forest pendant and looty on this list.
____
___:mcnally:
_____:goku:

Oh, that's not going to work. You will need approximately 9 quadrillion of each, don't worry later places drop higher leveled versions. I'm not joking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

pixaal posted:

Oh, that's not going to work. You will need approximately 9 quadrillion of each, don't worry later places drop higher leveled versions. I'm not joking

:thejoke:

As if i didn't rush to read the whole wiki the instant looty popped out of the pit to make sure there was a way to max him and that I didn't have to worry about permanently losing the chance to max an item

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Discendo Vox posted:

I have begun NGUing and have found I am compelled to max out any item as soon as it's theoretically possible. I have unfortunately included the forest pendant and looty on this list.
____

NGVux when Vox. Caustic Soda, add it. But hello friend.

I have 4 of 5 of [spoiler]The Unmentionable's[/url] rings now, just missing Utility. And Might is already vastly better than the paperweight, and I just got Looty transformed.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Manuel Calavera posted:

NGVux when Vox. Caustic Soda, add it. But hello friend.

I have 4 of 5 of [spoiler]The Unmentionable's[/url] rings now, just missing Utility. And Might is already vastly better than the paperweight, and I just got Looty transformed.

NGVux would basically be escalating and extending the challenge system, based on my limited perception so far. Yeesh these seem time-costly. But idk the game and its underlying design well enough to write game design fanfic yet.

no wait that's a lie I would add a Crush Crush dating sim layer, but with romancing inanimate objects.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
But when does the muriatic acid come in.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."

Discendo Vox posted:

:thejoke:

As if i didn't rush to read the whole wiki the instant looty popped out of the pit to make sure there was a way to max him and that I didn't have to worry about permanently losing the chance to max an item

Badly Drawn World is when you should worry about maxing looty because that's when the drop chance falls away like a rock. It also helps that the head and weapon in this zone have incredibly useful special stats, so it's worth maxing the items out.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

gently caress you walderp you punk rear end bitch, can't wait to AK you

It takes a loving age to do that too :/

I've been slowly at it for the last 2 weeks slowly building up stats and completing challenges to help more quickly build up adventure stats.

Even with all of that it's been an over 48 hour rebirth so far and i'm still about 1.2 million power away from being able to idle him. His drops are basically essential to get to that point but the 2 and a half hour respawn time makes this bit a bugger, especially if you can only actively 'play' for a short while in the evening. :(

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Kin posted:

2 and a half hour respawn time

Are you at the point where you can quickly clear no rebirth challenges?

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"Meow."

New Yorp New Yorp posted:

Are you at the point where you can quickly clear no rebirth challenges?

It depends on how big of a bonus you have banked with Fruit of Power Beta and whether you have Windows MEH unlocked. Definitely consider maxing King Circle's Amulet since it's an early source of Wandoos boost. The first no rebirth shouldn't be that hard to knock out at that level, but you're still looking at an at least hour-long run because of the bonuses from fruits.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

I've managed to complete the no rebirth challenge just twice.

First time took ~8 hours and the second time i managed to get it down to ~5.

I've got Window MEH unlocked but no fruit of power Beta. Never thought about changing out gear though (i'm currently wearing the full beardverse set plus a level 2 cane of destiny from Walderp.

IIRC, I got to boss 24 in about 15 minutes but then there was a drag of an hour or so to get to level 30 and the time machine. After that i think i spent most of the time trying to get up from boss 40 to 45 even with dumping all my energy/magic into Wandoos.

I wasn't really sure how to get it to go up faster, though my NGU power alpha is only at level 1000 (power beta is at 244) so presumably i should have those a hell of a lot higher before attempting it again.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Kin posted:

I've managed to complete the no rebirth challenge just twice.

First time took ~8 hours and the second time i managed to get it down to ~5.

I've got Window MEH unlocked but no fruit of power Beta. Never thought about changing out gear though (i'm currently wearing the full beardverse set plus a level 2 cane of destiny from Walderp.

IIRC, I got to boss 24 in about 15 minutes but then there was a drag of an hour or so to get to level 30 and the time machine. After that i think i spent most of the time trying to get up from boss 40 to 45 even with dumping all my energy/magic into Wandoos.

I wasn't really sure how to get it to go up faster, though my NGU power alpha is only at level 1000 (power beta is at 244) so presumably i should have those a hell of a lot higher before attempting it again.

for challenges you really need to worry about the power, augment, wandoos, and gold energy ngus and should keep them roughly at the same level

dont really worry about magic ngus too much for challenges, but they need to get pumped up as you start working through the Beast

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Hmm, well my NGU Energies are all at level 1000. Is that kinda low for where i'm at?

It would be good to get a few pointers in what to invest in to set me up for the next stages of the game really.

I've been idling the advanced training so i can auto kill Walderp and reap the exp that comes with it in order to then throw that into more energy and magic which in turn will speed up everything, but i'm wondering if it would be more efficient to forget Walderp just now and instead focus on other things like levelling up my NGU's to 2000 or 24 hour rebirths to get all of my beards up to level 1000. Which in turn will make the Walderp grind a lot faster.

Challenge wise, i've completed the basic, no augs, 100 level and No equipment ones.

I've got a couple of completions in the 24 hour, troll and no rebirth challenge, but 0 in the rest.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"Meow."
Getting the adventure stats high enough to auto-kill Walderp also comes with the added bonus of faster PP accumulation. If you can stack various gold drop accessories and put some PP into gold drops, you can then use improved GPS generation to upgrade gold diggers and create something of a feedback loop. You'll ultimately get more experience points and you can use that to increase your Energy Cap.

Besides, if you're going to do the challenges, it's better to first max out the Basic Challenge, No Augs Challenge and 100 Level Challenge (though I've just noticed you've done these, so...). These seem to be the easiest to do first and their bonuses help considerably with the No Rebirth Challenge. Not to mention you'll get so much total AP out of them that you'll be able to buy an Accessory Slot or two.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
NGUs should be going up all the time. They're the big persistent-across-rebirths progression mechanism at the point you're at now. Ignore the soft-caps, they're not particularly meaningful. Keep those numbers going up.

Beards are the other big one, definitely chain 24hr rebirths and start stacking those up. 24hrs are also great for Ygg - you do have the first harvest perks, right?

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Kin posted:

Hmm, well my NGU Energies are all at level 1000. Is that kinda low for where i'm at?

By the time I was autokilling Walderp, I had them at 10k. Adventure in particular doesn't seem to suffer much from its softcap, though respawn immediately falls off a cliff.

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

Kin posted:

I've been idling the advanced training so i can auto kill Walderp and reap the exp that comes with it in order to then throw that into more energy and magic which in turn will speed up everything

How long are you idling that? The thing with AT is that anything you invest in it vanishes in a puff of smoke when you rebirth. If you're spending more than an hour or two on it each rebirth, you should probably be throwing all that energy into adventure NGU which gives you a bonus for the entire rest of the game.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Bedurndurn posted:

How long are you idling that? The thing with AT is that anything you invest in it vanishes in a puff of smoke when you rebirth. If you're spending more than an hour or two on it each rebirth, you should probably be throwing all that energy into adventure NGU which gives you a bonus for the entire rest of the game.

1. That’s what banks are for.

2. It makes total sense to do a long rebirth with an advanced training focus in order to push into a new zone because any loss of stats at rebirth are offset by the gain from new equipment.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Where in the stat breakdowns for PP is the Base PP Progress per kill that you get from wishes and quirks listed?
I bought the 50 levels from quirks at the launch of sadistic and got a decent PP boost but got almost nothing at all from training 10 levels of the wish which i found a bit odd.

The PP stat breakdown is as follows:

Base
Green Heart
Pissed Off Key
PPP Set
NGU
Digger
Perk
Hack
Total PP Bonus
Base PP progress Gain
Total PP progress Gain

Base just says 100% so its not there.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Cool, thanks for the steer. I'll make the transition to pumping up my NGUs to the 10k ish level my next priority if that then helps with the challenges and subsequent titan timer.

Spending more than 2 days idling in the advanced training and still not being able to autokill walderp is making me think it's not the most efficient use of time.

For perks,I've not got the 1st harvest one yet, but i've got 13/20 for the I want your seeds perk.

Kin fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Jan 3, 2020

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Discendo Vox posted:

____

I got bad news about your progression if you are intent on your goal of maxxing ALL items as soon as theoretically possible before moving on to other areas.

mrbasehart
Jul 19, 2010
In terms of PP, what should I be looking to spend it on? I've mainly only bought bonuses to my magic and energy, but I've got 38 PP saved now and there's plenty of choices. Should I max out those early bonuses, or save up some more for a better perk?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

The general rule of thumb is you will want to complete that first row of perks before worrying much about the others, with the exception of the 1000 level one that can be skipped until later.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

mrbasehart posted:

In terms of PP, what should I be looking to spend it on? I've mainly only bought bonuses to my magic and energy, but I've got 38 PP saved now and there's plenty of choices. Should I max out those early bonuses, or save up some more for a better perk?

first get all the newbie packs

secondly max out the energy/magic power and capacity perks

you should take the energy bars perks after finishing titan 4 and getting beards, but no really before then. magic bars can be kind of taken really later, since the energy based beards are really good for pushing game progress, but the magic beards are really only good for challenge applications. well except for the golden beard, but thats way off in the distance at this point in game sos really shouldn't enter into the calculus

you might want to invest points in the insta-advanced training perk but really no more than a couple of levels so you get a free +10-15% buff on adventure stats and Wandoos speed up

after that you should sink some levels (though you shouldn't max this just yet though) into golden showers for a gold boost to improve diggers and begin to max out boosted boosts and then the NGU speedups

after that you're probably going to want to prepare for maxxing out Fruit of Knowledge and all the related Yggsdrasil perks (Seeds, First Harvest, FoK Sucks, FoK Sucks II)

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Kin posted:

It takes a loving age to do that too :/

I've been slowly at it for the last 2 weeks slowly building up stats and completing challenges to help more quickly build up adventure stats.

Even with all of that it's been an over 48 hour rebirth so far and i'm still about 1.2 million power away from being able to idle him. His drops are basically essential to get to that point but the 2 and a half hour respawn time makes this bit a bugger, especially if you can only actively 'play' for a short while in the evening. :(

Honestly I did like a ~4 day rebirth where I was solidly in the "being able to idle him" camp before rebirthing. Having that time where you can just accumulate his items+xp on a regular schedule is gonna help a ton with jumpstarting towards idling.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Ok i need some advice on what to spend my xp on in NGU

Just maxed the typo zone gear (but not greened it).

R3 atm looks like

power 113 2,726
Cap 6,060,000 110,000,000
bars 146 1098

Ive maxed my r3 teir 1 wishes
Almost maxed t2 PP
T1 quest i just have bars to do

But i really dont feel r3 pays off atm?

I nearly cap my evil ngu's (well energy, magic is still pretty fast).
Blood magic is capped too.
Ive moved over to XL as well

Ive got 418mill xp to spend (i think i get 100mill+ a day)
Do i want to do R3?
push E and M cap and power?

What will i need for exile? A heap of adventure stats

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"Meow."
Note that if you are easily getting multiple thousand of exp points after a night of grinding, consider spending it on attack and defense boost in the exp menu if you haven't already. Getting that first 1k% boost will improve your stats considerably at a relatively low price and will help you grind out the challenges.

Blattdorf fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Jan 5, 2020

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Honestly I did like a ~4 day rebirth where I was solidly in the "being able to idle him" camp before rebirthing. Having that time where you can just accumulate his items+xp on a regular schedule is gonna help a ton with jumpstarting towards idling.

I've ended up going on the other direction. After getting my NGU adventure up to 10000, it's been a hell of a lot quicker to layer the advanced training on top of that to get my stats up to begin fighting him.

Once I do that with all the other NGUs I think I'll be in a pretty good place to whittle down the no rebirth challenge. The 2.5 hour respawn is one of the biggest blocks at the minute and I need to get that down really.

My core issues with idling are that it chews through my laptop battery when active, so I'm not too keen on going out to work for a day and leaving something like that running on it.

It's kinda one of my biggest gripes with the game. Is it to do with some technical configuration or a deliberate means to make sure people have the game open more often?

mrbasehart
Jul 19, 2010

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

first get all the newbie packs

secondly max out the energy/magic power and capacity perks

you should take the energy bars perks after finishing titan 4 and getting beards, but no really before then. magic bars can be kind of taken really later, since the energy based beards are really good for pushing game progress, but the magic beards are really only good for challenge applications. well except for the golden beard, but thats way off in the distance at this point in game sos really shouldn't enter into the calculus

you might want to invest points in the insta-advanced training perk but really no more than a couple of levels so you get a free +10-15% buff on adventure stats and Wandoos speed up

after that you should sink some levels (though you shouldn't max this just yet though) into golden showers for a gold boost to improve diggers and begin to max out boosted boosts and then the NGU speedups

after that you're probably going to want to prepare for maxxing out Fruit of Knowledge and all the related Yggsdrasil perks (Seeds, First Harvest, FoK Sucks, FoK Sucks II)

Cool, thanks for the advice. :)

Filling up the BDW set takes so long!

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Kin posted:

I've ended up going on the other direction. After getting my NGU adventure up to 10000, it's been a hell of a lot quicker to layer the advanced training on top of that to get my stats up to begin fighting him.

Once I do that with all the other NGUs I think I'll be in a pretty good place to whittle down the no rebirth challenge. The 2.5 hour respawn is one of the biggest blocks at the minute and I need to get that down really.

My core issues with idling are that it chews through my laptop battery when active, so I'm not too keen on going out to work for a day and leaving something like that running on it.

It's kinda one of my biggest gripes with the game. Is it to do with some technical configuration or a deliberate means to make sure people have the game open more often?

What's your infinity cube at? That's one of the bigger disadvantages of not being able to idle, afaik at this point in the game.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

It's currently only at about 3000.

I've got the items from the AP shop to let me auto filter boosts into it now so it's starting to go up a bit faster.

Though I've been farming special boosts in the strange lands for the cane of destiny to get more energy/magic so there's not been much going onto the cube for a little while now.

Should I be pouring it all into there instead?

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

The person who arrives last is fined, regardless of whether that person's late or not.

Kin posted:

It's currently only at about 3000.

I've got the items from the AP shop to let me auto filter boosts into it now so it's starting to go up a bit faster.

Though I've been farming special boosts in the strange lands for the cane of destiny to get more energy/magic so there's not been much going onto the cube for a little while now.

Should I be pouring it all into there instead?

Definitely don't prioritize cube over anything else - boosts to the cube are always less meaningful than to equipment. Let the cube boosting only happen when you don't have anything else to do with the boosts.

The only real 'problem' you're probably having is not having the game open enough, and there's not a lot you can do to change that. The only other thing that could really be hurting you iirc is if your inventory isn't big enough to hold all your boosts before autoboost activates.

I have a similar problem in that I keep my computer off more often than a lot of end game players so my cube is pretty far from the soft cap too, just know you'll be progressing a bit slower than others.

Edit: Oh right, if you're ignoring boost perks/quirks those would also be a problem. They've much more useful than they seem at first glance.

Manyorcas fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Jan 6, 2020

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

I dont grind. my xp comes from fruit :)

I only have it running a few hours at night when im home.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Manyorcas posted:

Definitely don't prioritize cube over anything else - boosts to the cube are always less meaningful than to equipment. Let the cube boosting only happen when you don't have anything else to do with the boosts.

The only real 'problem' you're probably having is not having the game open enough, and there's not a lot you can do to change that. The only other thing that could really be hurting you iirc is if your inventory isn't big enough to hold all your boosts before autoboost activates.

I have a similar problem in that I keep my computer off more often than a lot of end game players so my cube is pretty far from the soft cap too, just know you'll be progressing a bit slower than others.

Edit: Oh right, if you're ignoring boost perks/quirks those would also be a problem. They've much more useful than they seem at first glance.

Cool, thanks for the steer.

I've got all the boosts I currently come across up to a level of 100 if that's what you mean?

They boost items pretty quickly though I noticed there's a few things like the cane of destiny and the hearts that are massive boost sinks with every level.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
There are ITOPOD Perks (and also similar buyables in later features...) that increase how much you get out of each boost. They're well worth the investment.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Does anyone have any tips for mid-game (I think?) Antimatter Dimensions on mobile? I broke infinity and my next goal is getting to e1100 antimatter. However, progress is excruciatingly slow with only ~80k IPmin during active runs, and all the upgrades cost 1e9 at least. And my offline progress is only 8k IP/min.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Merijn posted:

Does anyone have any tips for mid-game (I think?) Antimatter Dimensions on mobile? I broke infinity and my next goal is getting to e1100 antimatter. However, progress is excruciatingly slow with only ~80k IPmin during active runs, and all the upgrades cost 1e9 at least. And my offline progress is only 8k IP/min.

This is what I like about Idle Games, if you’re not playing then - you’ve got no idea what the poster is talking about. It’s all just gobbledygook.

Residual Toast
Nov 19, 2007
The Toast with the Most

Merijn posted:

I recently just replayed it over break, and https://www.reddit.com/r/AntimatterDimensions/comments/73jhqe/patashus_antimatter_dimensions_guide/ is still pretty accurate, with a few changes since offline play is a little more viable now, and the ad bonus really takes the sting out of some of the doldrums of the original game. It's a bit of a slowdown part, but you can potentially chase some achivements for either passive % boosts, or specific boosts from them, work on lowering your infinity time, and some other things as well.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Jabor posted:

There are ITOPOD Perks (and also similar buyables in later features...) that increase how much you get out of each boost. They're well worth the investment.

Ah, good to know. At the minute I'm saving up and putting all my PP into seed related perks.

I'm almost at the point of either getting the crappy perk or the first harvest perk.

Poop is probably the better of the two perks there yeah seeing as it's a 50% increase?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Merijn posted:

I haven't seen much talk about Antimatter in awhile, so I'm going to take a stab having not played in over a year, hopefully it points you in the right direction or someone with more recent knowledge can chime in.

You just made it to the 2nd layer or something? I think there were a good 5 or 6 layers of prestige when I played. Anyway look at the bonuses you probably have it auto prestigue really fast, turn it off and do some long runs like an overnight. You get bonuses some of them are really large for various things. There should be a tooltip that tells you what you are getting for each bonus and how to increase them.

I'm pretty sure you spend the prestige points to unlock the bonuses too so maybe you just haven't taken the really good ones yet? I remember only 1 or 2 really mattered to start things going but didn't do much later and a few that weren't good until later and took off like crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I can finally idle boring-rear end-earth, but my drop chance is slow low I'm not getting anything out of it. :cry: