Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
What do we do now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
international brigades when

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

amerikkka

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/eedrk/status/1212930425376534528?s=20
https://twitter.com/eedrk/status/1212932208173830145?s=20

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

ya religious people need better drugs and video games

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

gradenko_2000 posted:

international brigades when

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Lol

https://twitter.com/nycmayor/status/1212954688884236289?s=21

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

https://twitter.com/pycpim/status/930826892168572928

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

IWW Online Branch posted:

Basically you just have to go on a case by case basis. A lot of local churches are extremely good and you absolutely should be working with them.

https://twitter.com/ChurchNameBot/status/1212996240226603008

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

https://mobile.twitter.com/ChurchNameBot/status/1212422455622619136

Lol

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

watching this again in light of recent events

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

:hmmyes:

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/dacultdude/status/1212944531710042112?s=21

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/libcomorg/status/1213053630766604289

lmao

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What the hell is that tweet even trying to say. Anyway let's make plans to steal war material and desert after we get drafted.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Larry Parrish posted:

What the hell is that tweet even trying to say. Anyway let's make plans to steal war material and desert after we get drafted.

don't think very many SA users are under 25 these days

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

https://mobile.twitter.com/dumbdidi/status/1212935081695858693👈&%23128072;&%23128072;

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Yes, so disgusting that we're afraid of being sent off to commit war crimes under pain of imprisonment and having our lives destroyed on behalf of psychopaths.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

There's no draft, idiot. Every single person who serves in the US military does it because they lust for murder, they don't need and wouldn't accept conscripts.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Relevant Tangent posted:

There's no draft, idiot. Every single person who serves in the US military does it because they lust for murder, they don't need and wouldn't accept conscripts.

Are you not from the US or did you somehow miss that every man in the US is required to register for the draft, and at this point most states automatically register you when you get an ID of any kind?

I'm trying to understand if you're justifiably ignorant or just normal ignorant.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Relevant Tangent posted:

I wouldn't put it past trump to attempt to do something as stupid as a draft, tbh

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Are you not from the US or did you somehow miss that every man in the US is required to register for the draft, and at this point most states automatically register you when you get an ID of any kind?

I'm trying to understand if you're justifiably ignorant or just normal ignorant.

Yeah their still keep records on everyone in case the US ever needed to WWII mass conscription for Warboss Trump's next hosed up wars.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Karl Barks posted:

I wouldn't put it past trump to attempt to do something as stupid as a draft, tbh

it would be pretty funny if that ended up reigniting the anti-war movement in the US

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Reinstating the Draft would be a one way ticket to having riots in every major american city. Of course since this country is run by the dumbest people on earth that doesn't mean it wont happen.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

I'm an accelerationist when it comes to the draft.

Giving every able bodied person in the US under the age 25 a concrete reason to reject the war could be a good thing

or Yang Gang will just get bigger when Yang promises to build Skynet

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

22 Eargesplitten posted:

You fool, you moron, you dope, Selective Service is not the draft. It's the precursor to the draft. Congress has to authorize a draft and loving lol if you think Congress is doing poo poo in the next year. Your ignorance should embarrass you.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Karl Barks posted:

then you're as dumb as the other guy

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Being afraid of getting drafted is peak Boomer.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Relevant Tangent posted:

You fool, you moron, you dope, Selective Service is not the draft. It's the precursor to the draft. Congress has to authorize a draft and loving lol if you think Congress is doing poo poo in the next year. Your ignorance should embarrass you.

Do I think it's going to happen? No. Does it linger in my mind enough to make jokes about it as a coping mechanism considering how batshit insane the world is? Yes. And if you don't get people using irony as a coping mechanism what the gently caress are you doing in CSPAM?

Relevant Tangent posted:

What's dumber, openly assassinating the secretary of defense of another nation along with officials from a nation we're supposed to be friendly with, or creating mandatory civil service including FDR-style public works positi- whoops looks like the only positions that got funded were the military.

22 Eargesplitten fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Jan 3, 2020

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Relevant Tangent posted:

Being afraid of getting drafted is peak Boomer.

I like how white boomers whined about losing Vietnam War even though most of them weaseled out of the draft.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Relevant Tangent posted:

Congress has to authorize

bahhhhh hahahahahahaaaa

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Relevant Tangent posted:

we even expanded the draft list to women like 3 years ago dude

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
anyway im not afraid of being drafted but it's funny to think about.

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Larry Parrish posted:

anyway im not afraid of being drafted but it's funny to think about.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Larry Parrish posted:

we even expanded the draft list to women like 3 years ago dude

yes we did, and if they brought back the draft that'd matter but :matters: with the draft because it's never happening

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Thanks for unleashing your facts and reason on my joke post. Can you gently caress off now

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Debate & Discussion > C-SPAM: Thanks for unleashing your facts and reason on my joke post. Can you gently caress off now

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Relevant Tangent posted:

where the gently caress have you been the last 5 years, there are no rules anymore, post-escalator world, etc. plus my gland problem would prevent me from being drafted

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im not in the inactive reserve but supposedly it's happened before, maybe in korea or vietnam, that they grabbed veterans and said sorry you're reactivated lol. that would be pretty epic considering my old career field is still critically undermanned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

donald trump is definitely dumb enough to invade iran, and if we invade iran a draft will be inevitable