Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Now ask him how he feels about LGBTQ people having equal rights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

proposal: voting rights OR the ability to own a gun, otherwise gun owners will just vote for more guns

im centrist

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

T-man posted:

my mom and dad were both spanked and beaten, and so I never had to deal with that kind of abuse :unsmith:

My condolences to your future, physically abused, children.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
Can't abuse your kids if you never have any kids in the first place. Checkmate Breedailures! :smug:

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

i have way too many brain problems to be a mother and have taken drugs to make that even more unlikely than my personality already does

luckily I'm more than qualified to be a cool aunt who lets you stay up late and teaches you to pick locks and how to smoke weed out of a watermelon

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
Load em up with sugar and send them back to their parents, I say.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Gifting drum sets to two year olds is my favorite family tradition.

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

SimonCat posted:

From my cousin's FB.

Why do I need to own an 'AR-15'?

Because you're a big loving baby who failed to live up to some bullshit societal pressure about "being a real man," and then you found out that you can actually just buy your way into it? I dunno.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
:mason:Gay Frogs Time:mason:

You know, they're caught my interest. How do dildos make human males' penises smaller? Like, what are they doing with them for that to happen? :psyduck:

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Gifting drum sets to two year olds is my favorite family tradition.

It doesn't work if the parents are musicians.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Guavanaut posted:

You know, they're caught my interest. How do dildos make human males' penises smaller? Like, what are they doing with them for that to happen? :psyduck:

I assume the fear is the chemicals contaminate the woman's body and from then on her poison womb only gives birth to small-dicked boys

At least that's what happened to me thanks a lot mom t:mad:t

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Also lol

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?

Guavanaut posted:

There's a whole, if relatively small, wing of conspiracy thought dedicated to the evils of plastic and how it's turning us all gay and whatnot. They claim that even lightly handling plastics fill us with "feminizing hormones", pointing to studies that kinda, sorta suggest they can affect hormone levels in mice. Sometimes. A lot of the time they don't even appeal to any outside evidence, because Big Pharma has compromised the whole system.

So, yes, this person's thesis is probably "a woman using a dildo has poisoned her pussy for the rest of her life, so all of her male children will be so flooded with feminizing hormones that their dicks will be small and they'll wind up gay." These people aren't big on science, just the totally-agreed-upon-by-everyone observation that men today are wimps but were strong and manly in the past, and something nefarious needs to be behind it.

I used to know a guy that thought poo poo like that in college. He claimed that gay people didn't exist before the 1960's. He's a roboticist now.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
You'd think a roboticist would know about Turing.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

I could get behind going back to tailored clothes. The modern fashion industry dumps as much waste as the consumer electronics industry.

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

Shbobdb posted:

You'd think a roboticist would know about Turing.

I brought up known homosexuals from earlier times, but he just said "oh, those people weren't gay in the same way people are today," but then refused to elaborate.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

I am ten trillion times gayer than turing fear me hetrofailures

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Before 1960 every gay guy was gay like the Greeks (good), not gay like Queer Eye (bad)

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

The "in the old day men were manly, unlike today" is pretty hilarious when you look at male fashion from say, the founding of this country.

Tights and wigs and lace and poo poo. And if you're a boy you wore a dress until you were toilet trained because pants are expensive.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

If any of these things killed you prematurely, retweet.

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

Seeking some kind of special recognition or a sense of pride for doing exactly the same poo poo that every other kid was doing at the time of your youth is the ultimate participation trophy. Congratulations - You drank Pepsi and watched TV!

PerniciousKnid posted:

If any of these things killed you prematurely, retweet.

When I was a kid, another kid who went to my school (that I didn't really know too well) was killed when he fell out of the back of a pickup truck. He did not turn out fine.

tek79 fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Jan 3, 2020

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

VitalSigns posted:

Before 1960 every gay guy was gay like the Greeks (good), not gay like Queer Eye (bad)

In retrospect, yeah that's what he probably meant. He just brought this up over drinks with a study group, out of the blue, as if we were supposed to marvel at his big brain for finally "figuring it out".

I just find it amusing how all of this "feminizing" stuff is completely divorced from reality. I saw someone freaking out on Twitter just a couple of days ago, saying that the Impossible Whopper has hundreds of times more estrogen in it than hormone treatments do. If you could just grow titties by eating a burger, I have a few friends that would be loving thrilled.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

tek79 posted:

Seeking some kind of special recognition or a sense of pride for doing exactly the same poo poo that every other kid was doing at the time of your youth is the ultimate participation trophy. Congratulations - You drank Pepsi and watched TV!

I had toys with spring-loaded missiles that went off during the night in my bedroom and scared the poo poo out of me a couple times. Where's my parade?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

VitalSigns posted:

The "in the old day men were manly, unlike today" is pretty hilarious when you look at male fashion from say, the founding of this country.

Tights and wigs and lace and poo poo. And if you're a boy you wore a dress until you were toilet trained because pants are expensive.

Men being austere and emotionless and expected to not care about fashion is a pretty recent phenomena. The machoest of manly men in ages past took pride in dressing up super pretty and absolutely loved crying manly tears and embracing and all sorts of things (taking young boys as lovers), and there wasn't this weird stigma where female platonic friends can show physical affection and compliment each others' shoes and poo poo where, for men, that's not ok.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Lord Byron was a frilly dandy and successfully banged everything that breathed and a lot of things that didn't.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Men being austere and emotionless and expected to not care about fashion is a pretty recent phenomena. The machoest of manly men in ages past took pride in dressing up super pretty and absolutely loved crying manly tears and embracing and all sorts of things (taking young boys as lovers), and there wasn't this weird stigma where female platonic friends can show physical affection and compliment each others' shoes and poo poo where, for men, that's not ok.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

I brought up known homosexuals from earlier times, but he just said "oh, those people weren't gay in the same way people are today," but then refused to elaborate.

Third genderism is a more modern cultural movement and wasn't as much of a thing in the past as default, though there are plenty of examples. Heracles calling the argonauts a bunch of sissies because they were laying around banging women instead of adventuring and banging boys is a historical standard.

The normalization of theater gay over heroic gay is a cultural shift but both have always been with us. Salacious biting the bigter peach stuff from ancient china is swishy as hell but I imagine he'd anachronisticly blame that on soy consumption.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Shbobdb posted:

Third genderism is a more modern cultural movement and wasn't as much of a thing in the past as default, though there are plenty of examples. Heracles calling the argonauts a bunch of sissies because they were laying around banging women instead of adventuring and banging boys is a historical standard.

The normalization of theater gay over heroic gay is a cultural shift but both have always been with us. Salacious biting the bigter peach stuff from ancient china is swishy as hell but I imagine he'd anachronisticly blame that on soy consumption.

Roman culture didn't have gay/straight like we do either. So long as it was your dick going into a hole of any type, you were masculine. If you got penetrated, you were feminine. So bang bros had a whole other context back then.

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
Certain plastics contained estrogen-related chemicals. See phtalates. Less so BPA, which was popularly removed from many bottles ten years ago.

LDPE is worse than HDPE, for example, but both can still leech, particularly at higher temperatures. Take bottled water, put it in the truck of your car for a year, see what it tastes like. The bottles have an expiration date for a reason.

Polypropylene is generally considered safe.

Some of these chemicals are actually worse in lower quantities, and many leech into fat cells moreso than water. That means meat on styrofoam is potentially going to transfer more than the bottled water.

Of course none of this matters since aluminum antiperspirant will kill everyone.

(Sorry, phone plus office hours, so not organized. But yeah most people aren't going to be affected.)

borkencode
Nov 10, 2004

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
America today. Brought to you by the people trying to shame kids for litter on a beach.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Superfund_sites

(don't litter, shitheads)

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

as we all know everyone under 25 is a hive mind with one will, one responsibility, a glorious chorus l-l-look at you b-b-boomer, p-p-panting and sw-ea-eating as you run f-from our Mass join us JOIN US

(I'd feel bad for any hivemind that tries to incorporate me tbh)

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

VitalSigns posted:

Oscar Wilde cries a single fabulous manly tear :(

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
reminder that every spring break Fox News has a piece about those sinful college freshman.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

PhazonLink posted:

reminder that every spring break Fox News has a piece about those sinful college freshman.

They always compare them to some good ol boys who join up straight after high school.

High interest Camaro and stripper wives not mentioned.

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

Nah, it's those frat boy "bro" assholes who did that, and they're the ones that grow up to be hardline Republicans.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

T-man posted:

as we all know everyone under 25 is a hive mind with one will, one responsibility, a glorious chorus l-l-look at you b-b-boomer, p-p-panting and sw-ea-eating as you run f-from our Mass join us JOIN US

(I'd feel bad for any hivemind that tries to incorporate me tbh)

No no that's what's so great about the hivemind, there's no judgment or shame because we all fully understand you and you fully understands every one of us, we're all the same person and we've all felt everything you've ever felt and it's all okay.

JOIN US

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

tek79 posted:

Nah, it's those frat boy "bro" assholes who did that, and they're the ones that grow up to be hardline Republicans.

I mean, anyone who can afford to take a week-long beach vacation at this point (aside from the locals) probably has enough money that they're likely current/future Republicans anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

TVs Ian posted:

I mean, anyone who can afford to take a week-long beach vacation at this point (aside from the locals) probably has enough money that they're likely current/future Republicans anyway.

Or they live in Florida.